A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

we'll be the ones they hate

we'll be the ones they hate Empty we'll be the ones they hate

Post by Guest 8/3/2015, 3:55 pm

how nice of you to join us.
    who are you,
    and who is your sister?

y o u   t w o

n a m e_
    your full name is saxton matthew kempal.

“my sister’s name is mesa julia kempal. for the longest time she went by her middle name, but just recently she started embracing the uniqueness of her first name and allowing people to call herself it.”

n i c k n a m e s_
    saxy is the only nickname you have ever gone by.

“the only nickname i know of mesa ever being called is may, and she didn't take too kindly to it.”

g e n d e r_
    you are a male and identify as one.

“i’m pretty sure mesa is a female.”

m o r t a l  p a r e n t_
    stephen saxton kempal is your father.

“just like me, stephen saxton kempal is mesa’s dad.”

g o d  p a r e n t_
    dike is your godly parent. you are often on the butt end of jokes because of your mother’s name, but you laugh along with people awkwardly while planning to put spiders in their bed.

“dike is mesa’s godly parent, of course. we couldn’t exactly be twins if she wasn’t her mother.”

d a t e  o f  b i r t h_
    you were born on september seventeenth. at the moment you are seventeen years old, but soon enough you’ll be eighteen and ready to be booted out of camp and into the cruel and unforgiving world.

“so get this, i, saxton, was born on september seventeenth at eleven fifty-five pm. mesa was born on september eighteenth at twelve o’ seven.”

h o m e t o w n_
    you are from good ol’ america. the small town of springdale, utah to be exact.

"mesa is from the same exact place i'm from: springdale, utah."

o r i g i n s_
    you are fifty percent god, and then a mix of finnish, german, and english.

“mesa has the same exact origins as me: greek god, german, english, and finnish..”

a c c e n t_
    when you talk, you don’t really notice your accent, but you do indeed have one. you have a pretty normal sounding “american english” accent, but you pronounce the syllables “ee” as in see like “ih” as in sit and words with “cer” or “ser” as “sher”.

“mesa’s accent is pretty much like mine but a little bit heavier when it comes to the “cer” as “sher” thing.”

a p p e a r a n c e

you
    mesa

s k i n  t o n e_
    your skin is pretty pale and doesn’t like to tan. instead it takes on a mean looking burn if you stay out in the sun for too long.

“if you think i’m pale, look at mesa; and by that i mean her skin tone is a little bit darker than mine.”

e y e  c o l o r_
    you have light blue eyes that resemble the color of a pale sheet of ice over a puddle of crystal clear water.

“think twins have to be pretty identical? think again. staring into mesa's eyes is like gazing through muddy water. they are a rich brown that have swirls of milk chocolate through them and flecked with golden shards as if they were tiny coins touched by minos himself."

h a i r  c o l o r_
    your hair is naturally very dark, almost appearing to be black in color.

"mesa's hair is a bit lighter than mine, making it the color of black licorice."

h a i r  l e n g t h_
    your hair, when straight, reaches down to your eyebrows. it is never straightened, however, and always kept messy. you believe that it looks better that way.

"from what i can remember, mesa's hair reaches to the top of her chest, just past her shoulders."

h e i g h t_
    you aren’t the tallest guy, standing at the height of five feet and seven inches.

"mesa is only a little bit shorter than me. i would say she is around five feet and five inches tall."

w e i g h t_
    thanks to all of the muscle mass in your body, you weigh roughly one hundred and forty-two pounds.

"mesa definitely is a lot lighter than me. if i would have to guess her weight it would be around the one hundred and ten pound mark."

b o d y  t y p e _
    when you were younger, you didn’t really care much about your physical health. this led to you being quite the chubby child. it was when you were fifteen that you started to focus on your health and becoming fit. you started to eat healthier as well as exercise. the results of this are you at the moment: very fit and showing off your endomorphic body type quite well. you don’t look like a stick at all, you are more of a wall of muscle. sometimes you wish that your body was a bit narrower, but there isn’t really nothing you can do about it. you aren’t unhealthily thick, quite much the opposite.

"unlike me, mesa was and continues to be very active. she isn't built like me at all. she is very slender, but still has guns to show off if needed. she definitely has the better body build of the two of us. i can be mistaken for being fat, but there is no way in the world that mesa could be called fat, let alone chubby. no matter how much the girl eats she never seems to gain any weight, which i constantly used to hear from girls at our school back in utah. to be honest, i wish i could be like that, but i have to constantly watch what i eat to maintain my shape. she's a lucky kid."

m e n t a l

p e r s o n a l i t y_
    you aren’t the most social guy out there, but you don’t fall under the category of antisocial either. once you get to know people, you’re actually pretty upbeat and a bit ecstatic. you may seem quite introverted around people you don’t know, but once you are with a friend or two, you almost instantly become extremely extroverted and not afraid to do something stupid for people to laugh at. while you don’t act like it, you secretly love it when people pay you attention and sometimes you unintentionally steal the spotlight from people, which has caused some pretty nasty scenarios in the past. once people get to know you, you’re actually a pretty sweet guy and try very hard to make others happy, although you’re not a very good motivational speaker. you can say basic things like “don’t give up” but that’s about it. you wish that you always know what to say no matter the situation, but alas, you cannot. getting past your barrier is pretty tough for people to do, despite how nice you can be to people close to you. it often takes months for you to warm up to people and tell them about yourself. once you’re someone’s close friend you are an open book, but if you barely know someone, they can’t even read the back cover.

all the people who are close to you describe you as funny, stupid (in a good way), a bit odd, and definitely a great friend. you are very loyal to your friends, but your tolerance for drama is very low; especially if it is spreading throughout your friend group. you say that you aren’t one to gossip, but find yourself doing it quite often. it’s not something that you are very proud of. the good thing is that you do notice it and you try your best not to. sometimes you accidentally lie to people without noticing, but you almost always correct yourself as soon as possible and say “wait, i was wrong, my bad” or something along those lines.

sometimes you try to act like someone you’re not just to get people’s attention, which is another thing you aren’t exactly proud of. it’s not something that you seem to be able to control; it just happens whenever you are around people you don’t know. you seemingly try to become even more antisocial than you already are around strangers, which makes opening conversations with you very awkward. you are trying to branch out and talk to people without being approached, however. one thing you absolutely refuse to do unless it’s super important is talking on the phone. there isn’t really a reason for you hating to do this. you just do.

you perform much better socially when in a group of people as opposed to being one-on-one with someone. you’ve noticed that you need people to bounce off of to keep a conversation rolling. it’s not like you’re incapable of talking to a single person, you just don’t have as much to say, leading to a somewhat awkward silence. sometimes you find yourself not thinking before you speak and even cutting people off, which is something that you absolutely hate and makes you feel like trash. for the most part, you are very polite, but you are not afraid to become a jerk if needed. if someone needs to be talked harshly to, you are not afraid to do so. you love stepping up to the plate and accepting a good challenge.

while you are working on building it up, you do not have the best self confidence. you often make derogatory remarks about yourself, whether it be in your head or aloud. you find yourself saying “i can’t do this” a lot, which makes you feel like a loser. you’re getting better in the self confidence department, which is good. it definitely plays a big role when it comes to being a demigod, which is a large reason as to why you’re working on it, as well as to become a better person. that seems to be a pretty big goal in your life: to be the best person and friend you can manage to be. while you’re not perfect and you know that as a fact, you believe that you can still try to be. you are a firm believer of the saying “practice makes perfect” and even though sometimes you get discouraged and leave something alone for a little while, you’ll eventually come back to it and try again and again until you are successful. this applies to pretty much everything in your life, whether it be hitting a bullseye with an arrow or getting a mathematics problem correct. you hate to give up on things, it makes you feel pretty bad about yourself. you know that you’re better than that.

that’s another thing that you struggle with. sometimes you feel as if you are better than others, which is totally not true. on bad days, you try to be a show off and make a complete idiot of yourself, but on good days you are very well-mannered and act as if everyone is equal, which is true. you do not have anything against people who are of different race or partake in a different religion. you are a firm believer in that everyone has a right to live their life the way they want to. if someone wants to be part of a certain religion or show interest in people of their gender, so be it. people are entitled to do whatever they want with their lives, whether it be to make the right decisions or throw it away.

you are very open-minded to new ideas and love to enjoy new things, especially if they involve adrenaline. you love the feeling of brushing against the cloak of death and coming out unscathed, whether it be driving extremely fast in a car or climbing up the side of a precarious cliff. some call you an adrenaline junkie and an idiot, but hey, you love doing it, so what’s going to stop you? absolutely nothing. you live your life how you want to live it and don’t let anybody dictate you on how to do so.

“mesa might be different now, i honestly have no clue. i guess i’ll tell you about the mesa i knew before she became a hunter.

unlike me, mesa is a little social butterfly. while she won’t exactly go out of her way to talk to strangers, she is able to hold a conversation and knows how to handle being approached by strangers. for the most part, she never has a down day. even on those bad days she still isn’t very bad. just stay away from her when she is tired and you’ll be safe. that sparkle in her eyes can quickly turn into a piercing glare.
    like me, mesa loves to take risks. she might even be a bit more audacious than me. she isn’t afraid to spit in the face of death. i fear that one day she will go a little too far and end up either dead on the side of the road or seriously injured. i can only pray that she knows her limits. mesa and i both know that people should live their lives on their own accord and not bend to the will of others. as she always used to tell me: “you do you, little buddy.”

for the most part, mesa is very friendly and easy to become friends with. she understands that everybody has their own opinion and doesn’t judge others. this makes her very accepting of others and pretty much liked by everyone. there are only a select few who do not get along with her.

even though she is usually always super nice, mesa can turn from smiles and sunshine to glares and thunderstorms. her temper can change on the flip of a coin, which is a horrible flaw which eats away at her constantly. she hates the fact that she cannot control her temper and tries her best to correct herself after she has an outburst, which makes her feel like a freak; the fact that she can change her temperament so quickly. don’t tell her that i read her diary from when she was in sixth grade. she’ll murder me.

what else is there to say about mesa? i think i covered pretty much everything. compared to me, her personality is very straightforward and nowhere as near complex as mine. i envy that about her.”

f l a w s_
    even though you don’t really act as if it is true, you love being the focus of attention and will often do reckless things to become so. you don’t have a vocal trap and more than often say what is on your mind and get yourself in trouble, whether that mean a nasty glare or being hit with a glancing blow.
    sometimes you are a bit of a showoff, but you try to stop yourself before you do something that gets yourself labeled as one.
    you are a bit self conscious about your height and wish that you could gain a few inches.

"oh, where to start with mesa? first off i, know first-hand that she has a fiery temper, despite the fact she is seemingly always in a good mood. she is super easy to tick off and does not give up grudges very easily.

another thing i've noticed about mesa is that she is very impatient. maybe this is due to her adhd, but she can never sit still and always has to have everything the moment she asks for it. i'm not saying that she is spoiled, but if she doesn't get what she wants and quick, you'll have your hands full with a girl with the energizer bunny inside her heart.

i'm sure how true this is, for it's based off of my knowledge of living with her for all of my life: mesa definitely has an addictive personality and is easily susceptible to peer pressure. she seems to have a constant urge to always fit in with people, which i don't blame her for. i feel the same way, actually.

one last thing about mesa is that i know that she absolutely hates her freckles. her face is littered with the little brown dots. she always tells me that she wants to trade facial complexions for me, for there is not a single freckle on my face."

a b i l i t i e s / p o w e r s_
    you have a knack for being able to tell if people are lying and are always fair, no matter the circumstances. these are definitely blessings bestowed unto you by your mother. so far your senses haven't failed you, but you probably wouldn't be able to tell if the person who was lying was a pathological liar or are convinced by themselves that they aren't lying.

"i don't think mesa has any powers or abilities."

s o c i a l  s t a t u s_
    it all depends on who you ask. if you’re around you’re friends they will say that you’re quite popular but if you ask someone who doesn’t really know you all too well they will say that you seem to be more of a loner.

"i'm pretty sure mesa is quite popular. she's a lot better at making friends compared to me."

c a m p

w e a p o n_
    your weapon of choice is a greatsword that you crafted in the forge all on your own. its celestial bronze blade is thirty-four inches long and its handle is thirteen inches long.

"the last time i checked in with mesa she fought with two celestial bronze katanas. their blades are roughly twenty-eight inches long and the handles were around eleven inches long. from what i hear the girl is an absolute tank with them and demolishes anything that gets in her way. oh! and she also has a few celestial bronze throwing knives as well."

s k i l l s_
    you can make a mean omelette. some other, but lesser, things include: longboarding, tracking down monsters and/or humans, overpowering aforementioned monsters and/or humans in a fight, holding your own in an argument even if you’re horribly wrong, convincing people to partake in stupid ideas with you, and having a ridiculous amount of strength. did i mention you can make a darn good omelette?

"just like me, mesa is a great cook. this is probably because our dad made us make dinner every night once we were old enough to not blow up the stove by mistake, as he didn't get out of work early enough in the day to prepare anything. hm, what else? i guess i would say mesa is pretty good at using her tongue to get things that she wants. i've seen her use this talent on our dad multiple times to get things that she wanted at the time. she is pretty good at longboarding too. we used to go on rides together a lot, especially during the summertime."

s u m m e r  o r  y e a r l y_
    you stay at camp for every day, week, and month of the year.

"mesa doesn't stay at camp, being a hunter and all.

y e a r s  a t  c a m p_
    you have been at camp half-blood for four years, since you were thirteen.

"like i just said, mesa doesn't live at camp, but she has been a hunter of artemis for three years now."

h i s t o r y

your childhood was actually pretty good for a demigod. your father did a great job of raising you and your twin sister all on his own. after dike, your dad never chased after women again. he had two kids now, he had to be a good father figure to them. your father was fairly athletic and was an avid hiker. this led to a lot of time spent at the zion national park, which was basically right in your backyard, you enjoyed being in the park and it helped you gain a love for the outdoors. as far as you could tell, your sister felt the same exact way. you both were very close to your father and never once thought that you were in need of a mother. so yeah, everything was great for your family. that was time up until the fire.

it was two in the morning and thirteen year old you awoke with the putrid smell of smoke rushing through your nasal passage and into your lungs. in your head you put two and two together: something was on fire. what was it though? after quickly rushing out of bed and into the hallway, you realized that something was indeed on fire: your home. to make things worse, the fire seemed to be based in your sister’s room. you raced into her bedroom to find her still asleep somehow, despite the flames that licked her bedsheets. it was only a matter of time before they went up in flames. you gave your sister a hard push to wake up and then helped her out of the room and downstairs, to where your father’s bedroom was located. you and your sister, mesa, woke him up by opening up the door to his room and shouting at the top of your lungs. you didn’t know any other way to really wake him up softly in the light of the situation, by now, almost the entire upper story of the house was engulfed in flames and sirens could be heard in the distance. a neighbor must’ve called the firemen. a couple minutes later you found yourself on across the street from your burning house, your father and sister standing beside you. despite the situation, your dad somehow managed to keep his cool.

you watched as the firemen put the fire raging throughout your house out. it was without a doubt that the house was recoverable. the fire had destroyed too much. you were forced to spend the next fifteen days at your grandmother’s house in colorado city. from there, your father didn’t really know what to do. the house was lost and your dad couldn’t really afford to drive the distance back and forth to his job from your grandmother’s house everyday. it was when we was complaining to one of his co-workers that his boss walked in on them and informed him that there was a chance for him to be transplanted . . . all the way to new york. your dad wasn’t really sure if he should or could take the opportunity, but decided to say yes anyways. the very next day, you, him, and mesa had your bags packed and shoved in the car.

the car ride was long and sucked, but you eventually made it to new york. when you thought of new york, you thought immediately of the city. you quickly learned that the state was much more than that. you drove through quite a bit of forestry and mountainous regions and wished that you could live there. instead, your father’s new workplace was smack-dab in the middle of the bustling city. you all had to start every over from scratch. new york was a lot different than utah. there were seemingly people piled on top of people. you didn’t really like it, neither did your sister. your dad tried his best to act as if everything was alright. he had managed to get a good deal on an apartment not far from both his office and your new school. speaking of school, that sucked for both you and mesa. you weren’t the best at making new friends, and mesa’s friendly personality didn’t really fit in. nonetheless, you managed to get good grades and survive the rest of the school year. that summer was bound to be just as sucky as the school year was. you didn’t have any friends and neither did your sister. new york was too much of a drastic changed compared to utah and you didn’t like it one bit.

in hopes to get you and your sister’s spirits up, your father enrolled both of you in a summer camp, which ironically happened to be camp half-blood. whether it was by complete luck or the hand of a god or goddess, you and your sister were sent off to spend two weeks at this camp by the shore. there, you were taught weird things. you seemed to be at a history camp or something, which didn’t exactly interest your thirteen year old mind. your sister didn’t look like she enjoyed herself much either. unlike in school, she managed to make a few friends, but there was something odd about them. they filled up your sister’s head with these weird sayings; like telling her that she was the daughter of a god or goddess. soon enough, you had kids telling you that you were the child of a god too. both you and mesa refused to believe the other kids, that is, until you met the horse man.

he was tall, intimidating, and had the lower half of a horse. mesa was terrified and hid behind you when you were first approached by him. his voice didn’t match his looks however. it was kind and understanding. he calmly explained to you what he proposed to be your history. he also asked you and mesa some questions, which you somehow could completely relate to. do you fit in at school? did something awful happen unexpectedly in your life? do you only have one parent? your answer to all of these questions were “yes”. it was then that you realized that all of these kids who were telling him that he and his sister were children of the gods were right. from there, a meeting was scheduled with your father, who somehow managed to keep his head level with all of the information that the horse man threw at him. an agreement was reached upon: you would have to stay at camp for the summer, but could go home during the school year. the horseman, who called himself chiron, said that new york city was much more dangerous to children of the gods compared to springdale, utah. after a year, you found yourself having to stay at camp year-round, for you got claimed and was attacked by monsters twice during your first year at school while knowing your true identity. you know only got to see your father on the weekends, which really sucked. at least you had mesa. well, you thought you did. you blamed it on the influence of others, but mesa said it was by her own free will. she had joined the hunters of artemis one day when they visited the camp. that meant that she would no longer stay at camp, but rather travel the world with a goddess and a group of “sisters”. you tried your best to act mad at mesa, but you couldn’t. you were actually kind of happy to see her finally fit in with a group of people. you could care less about your own social status. you had two or three friends at camp, which was all you needed.

so now you were basically all alone. your sister left, you only saw your father once a week, and you had a small handful of friends. and that’s where the story catches up to the present. you now spend your days at camp either exercising, swimming in the lake, or even attempting to make friends. your life at camp has been pretty crummy so far, so here’s to a good next one.

o t h e r

n o t e s_
    you are told that you look a lot like devin oliver.
    your favorite color is a light, pastel yellow. you don't care what people say, colors have no gender.

"i get told every so often that my sister looks like paige claassen, who apparently is some professional athlete.
    mesa, despite her being a pretty happy person, likes the color black a lot, or at least she used to."

Last edited by toast on 8/26/2015, 5:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

we'll be the ones they hate Empty Re: we'll be the ones they hate

Post by Kwacken 8/5/2015, 8:42 pm

Um, so, the genealogy here is totally bothering me. 15% does not appear naturally...

Okay, so, I'm really confused by the bio, because, is it about you or Mesa?

And how does he have two weapons of choice? Which one is it?

And did his dad know about Dike?

Oh, and one last thing, "A knack for telling when someone is lying" Is there anyone he can't tell? Like pathological liars or sociopaths?

Post by Guest 8/5/2015, 9:21 pm

fixed.

it's mainly about saxton, but mesa's is thrown in there since it's pretty much the same thing.

that was a typo i forgot to take out. fixed.

that's why it says in the bio that his dad met with chiron who shed light on the subject of his children being demigods.

added some stuff in the lying section.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 11340
    Registration date : 2011-11-05

Post by Mason 8/23/2015, 10:18 am

Alright, so, minor error. It says that Sax had been at camp for three years, and Mesa became a hunter three years ago. However, in history, from my understanding, it says a year later after they arrived Mesa became a Hunter. So, wouldn't she have became a Hunter two years ago?

Post by Guest 8/26/2015, 5:54 pm

okay, i fixed that up. sorry for the confusion.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Post by Kwacken 8/29/2015, 12:29 am

One last thing, do you intend on this being used just for Saxton with Mesa being added knowledge, or do you intend to use two character slots and play Mesa?

Post by Guest 8/31/2015, 6:45 pm

i intend on using both.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 9:49 am