A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Why Would Anybody Want to Hang Out HERE?

redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1193
    Registration date : 2015-08-05

Why Would Anybody Want to Hang Out HERE? Empty Why Would Anybody Want to Hang Out HERE?

Post by redline2400 9/6/2015, 10:42 pm

Ever since that one day a few months back when he decided to ironically hang out there, the mess hall had become a third home to Ryan. Between the training and eating and sleeping, he headed there when he wanted to relax. Sure, there was that beach, but all the shoreline property had been taken long before he arrived. And since the only other people who were there as often as him were the fatties who wouldn't mess with an Ares kid even if their life depended on it, there wasn't much for distractions.

So here Ryan was, sitting on a bench, leaning back against a table, eyes closed, listening to music being sent to his ears via the earbuds he was using. Relaxing, like he has done at this time for the better portion of three months.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 929
    Registration date : 2015-01-14

Why Would Anybody Want to Hang Out HERE? Empty Re: Why Would Anybody Want to Hang Out HERE?

Post by HaleyTheRandom 9/6/2015, 11:30 pm

Sable was bored, to say the least. And hungry. Why else would she be in the Mess Hall? Required to be? Yeah, that basically summed it up. However, she decided to sit on a bench beside a random guy -yes, very weird, very awkward and very random- that seemed caught up in his music. Who cared as long as you both minded your own business, right?

OOC: Short. Sorry about that.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Why Would Anybody Want to Hang Out HERE? Empty Re: Why Would Anybody Want to Hang Out HERE?

Post by redline2400 9/6/2015, 11:37 pm

OOC: No problem

IC:

Ryan, somehow, heard something that he was sure wasn't from the music. And it sounded like it was next to him. Sitting up and taking an earbud out, he noticed a girl sitting next to him. 'Oh, someone decided to sit next to me. Cool.' Being the person he was, Ryan decided to strike up a conversation. I mean, why else would you sit right next to someone. "Hey. What's up?"
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 9/6/2015, 11:40 pm

The guy had decided to talk. Well, that was nice. Sable was social after all, right? At the moment she currenly had her face in her phone, scrolling through some texts and what-not. "Nothing much, yourself," she would respond, looking up long enough only to answer his question.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/6/2015, 11:53 pm

Of course, she was looking at her phone, looked up only to respond, and returned to her phone. How typical...
    "Me?" Ryan shrugged. "I'm doing quite well. What brings you here at this time? Lunch ended, like, two hours ago."
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 9/7/2015, 8:45 pm

Well, that texting session was short lived. She plopped her phone down on the bench in between them, about then looked back up at him with a smile. "I'm sorry about that. My friend needed me..." and then in response to his question. "I have this really weird habit of not eating when others do, so.. here I am. Plus, it seemed like an okay place to clear my head."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/7/2015, 10:12 pm

"So you don't like to eat around watching eyes, eh?" Ryan shrugged. "I've heard stranger things. And I can't blame you for coming here to clear the mind. Way more peaceful than the beach, ironically." Feeling a conversation coming on, Ryan decided it was a good time to introduce himself. "I'm Ryan. And before you ask the obvious question, Ares."

(OOC: How's the contrast between the dialogue and background?)
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 9/7/2015, 10:23 pm

"That pretty much sums it up. The beach does stay crowded." Ares? Now that was interesting. However, Ryan wasn't all that bad of a name. Sable offered her hand for him to shake. "Sable. Daughter of Aglaea, before you ask the obvious question."

OOC: I love the fact that you're playing with the colors, but the bright red on the bright green hurts my eyes a bit xD Try for a darker shade of red.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/7/2015, 10:41 pm

(OOC: Thanks for the info.)

"Aglaea you say?" Ryan hadn't heard that one before. "Well, given that I didn't get placed in AP Myths last year, mind giving me the sparknotes on your mom?"
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 9/7/2015, 10:51 pm

(OOC: No problem. Anytime.)

BIC: Sable couldn't help but laugh. A sense of humor, that was always a good thing to have. "Well, what can I say, it's quite a hard course to get into. Aglaea is the Minor Goddess of beauty, Aphrodite being the major. She's also known for splendor and magnificence. Ares, however, I've heard quite the bit about."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/7/2015, 11:06 pm

Wow. She actually laughed. It was true, he did apply for the class. Well, regular Myths, not AP. Thought it could've been an easy A. But after hearing about how much the teacher sucked, he was glad he wound up in the class that he did.
    So, the girl's mom was one of those beauty ones. Not too shabby, at least she didn't wind up having the goddess of doorknobs as her mom.
    "So what you're saying is that while Aphrodite is the big, major beauty goddess, your mom is...like...the hipster, micro-brew drinking beauty goddess, right? Not bad, not bad at all." And then he decided to get cheesy. "Now that you mention it, it's not to hard to tell she's your mom."
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 9/8/2015, 11:37 pm

"Hipster indeed," she said, her voicing trailing off as he began to speak. Hearing his comment she would feel her face get hot, no doubt her cheeks turning red in the process. How was he so nice? Talk about defying the stereotypes. Ares kids were supposed to be big, mean and not give a crap. Then again: Stereotypes. "I uh... thank you, Ryan."

Stupid she said to herself. That's really all you could think of?
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/9/2015, 12:02 am

Spoiler:

Wow. She didn't seem mad at him. Maybe Ryan was slicker than he thought he was."No problem. So, where do you come from? Your accent is very obvious to a Yankee like me."

(OOC: Short reply, I know. Sorry.)
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 9/10/2015, 7:24 pm

"Yankee... I had a feeling your accent was from up north. Texas would be the answer to your question however. Jefferson, Texas to be more precise."

OOC: No problemo.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/10/2015, 9:30 pm

"Jefferson? Is that in the panhandle or something? Like, what's the nearest city to Jefferson?"
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 9/10/2015, 9:41 pm

"Well lets see... Dallas is about... 140 miles away or so. Arlington just a little over that."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/10/2015, 10:03 pm

Dang. That far from a city? "So what you are telling me is that you're from the middle of nowhere? Are there any cities that aren't in Texas and are close to Jefferson?"
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 9/10/2015, 10:12 pm

Sable shrugged her shoulders. "Not unless you wanna go to Alabama. And of course I'm from the middle of no were. It's quite amazing." She said the last part with a joking tone.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/10/2015, 10:20 pm

Ryan had a small laugh, taking note of the sarcasm. "Actually, I hear Tuscaloosa is quite nice this time of year, so maybe I do want to head into Alabama."
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 9/10/2015, 10:25 pm

Sable laughed along with him. "So since you got to ask where I'm from... where are you from, exactly?
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/10/2015, 10:35 pm

Ryan laughed, and it was a much less discrete laughter than before. "Oh, you are going to love this. Troy. I'm from Troy, Michigan. Go figure."
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 9/10/2015, 10:38 pm

Sable couldn't help but laugh once more. "Your fathers the war god and you're from a town named after one of the places in witch one of the most famous wars was held. That is such a massive amount of irony."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/10/2015, 10:41 pm

"And that's not even the best part. Take a wild guess what the high school I went to was called."
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 9/10/2015, 10:43 pm

Sable pondered over the thought for a few moments. "I got nothing. Spill the beans.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/10/2015, 10:55 pm

"Athens. Troy Athens."

I'm Not Even Making This Up:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 1:48 pm