A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

The Guy in the Bleachers [DONE HERE]

Lockkuun
    Lockkuun

Male
    Number of posts : 105
    Registration date : 2015-10-27

The Guy in the Bleachers [DONE HERE] Empty The Guy in the Bleachers [DONE HERE]

Post by Lockkuun 10/30/2015, 8:14 am

Maverick Yaamoto
    Son of Hephaestus

Maverick sat on the far side of the bleachers, he was wearing a sleeveless white undershirt and a pair of jogging pants whilst carrying a sword which he had just forged. He adjusted his Techno glasses his mom gave him to zoom into the people who were fighting at the center of the arena. Slash by slash he copied every movement of the gladiators with his right hand and the sword.

Maverick really wasn't cut out for fighting, but as he realized it was an essential he needed for survival, he decided to train starting from a simple sword. He wanted to approach the other kids and ask for some tips or moves but he was just too shy. Embarrassed by what he perceives that they would insult him like "You're the Son of Hephaestus, You make weapons, You have a muscular body and yet you don't know how to wield even a sword?" Those thoughts lingered in his head which prompted him to decide to just learn from a nice distance through observation.

Last edited by Lockkuun on 11/13/2015, 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Phirexas
    Phirexas

Male
    Number of posts : 261
    Registration date : 2014-04-14

The Guy in the Bleachers [DONE HERE] Empty Re: The Guy in the Bleachers [DONE HERE]

Post by Phirexas 10/30/2015, 10:35 am

Sophie walked in to the arena dressed in the usual camp half blood shirt with blue jeans and a pair of black sneakers.She decided that today she would work on her sword play since she never really got around to it. Okay she admittedly forgot to do any type of fighting since she got here. She spotted a rather burly kid sitting in the bleachers who looked like he didn't know what he was doing. Sophie waited for a moment to see if anyone walked up to him and when no one did she ran up the bleachers and sat right beside him.

"Hi! My names Sophie Bergeron and I'm a daughter of Iris. Whats your name?" She asked cheerfully. She might as well make a friend or two while she was here even if they would eventually have to fight each other in practice."You looked kinda lonely sitting up here by yourself.Is everything all right?"
    Lockkuun
    Lockkuun

Male

The Guy in the Bleachers [DONE HERE] Empty Re: The Guy in the Bleachers [DONE HERE]

Post by Lockkuun 10/30/2015, 11:25 am

Maverick Yamamoto
    Son of Hephaestus

As Maverick was so focused in studying the correct angles for the effective Sword Slashing, he was surprised to hear a rather soft voice that beckons to him. Looking around he saw the a rather sweet looking girl whom he realized was the owner of the voice.

I'm.... I'm Maverick he uttered. My name is Maverick Yamamoto, uh.. I'm from Japan, I uh was just practicing my swinging he remarked.

Maverick was a reserved type of person, really not used to talking with people he just met, much less girls. But he knew he needed to change this aspect of him at some point, made him decide Camp Half Blood was the best place to hone it.
    Phirexas
    Phirexas

Male

Post by Phirexas 10/30/2015, 5:07 pm

Sophie chuckled upon hearing him stutter before speaking."Did I make you nervous?" She said while still chuckling. "Don't worry I won't bite you so relax.Anyway your from Japan huh? Sounds awesome! Did you enjoy yourself while you where there? I come from overseas myself. I'm originally from Germany. It's a nice place kinda cold though." Sophie gave Yamato a once over before returning her gaze to his eyes. He looked nice enough but he seemed so shy. She put on a bright smile in an attempt to maybe make him feel a bit more relaxed and a bit more open to conversation.
    Lockkuun
    Lockkuun

Male

Post by Lockkuun 10/30/2015, 10:31 pm

Maverick Yamamoto
    Son of Hephaestus

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound nervous, hehehe Maverick nervously uttered. If you say fun, well sort of? When I'm with my mom, I feel kind of happy even though we argue frequently hahaha. For other people like my classmates in school, well, they kind of make fun of me in any way possibe... Yama said with a sad expression. But hey I've gotten quite used to it hehe. He said with a smile.

So uh, Germany.... Maverick quickly scanned his brain for anything that he knew about the country, unfortunately he has none. That's uh where they make beers.... right? Yama voiced out stupidly.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1520
    Registration date : 2015-10-06

Post by Rick Sanchez 10/31/2015, 10:15 pm

Russ strap Diplisopsis, in its knife form, to his belt. He really liked this weapon. Shift from sword to knife with a touch on the blade. Perfect for transport. He put on his Celestial bronze chestplate over his orange Camp Half-Blood t-shirt. He figured that he needed some training.

As he made his way into the arena, he realized that he should wait for a while until "the other guys" finished with their sword duel. There's only one place to sit! he thought in his head and he ran across the field toward the bleachers. Two other campers, one of which is a Hephaestus kid and the other is a daughter of Iris, were chattering. Well, Russ needed friends. He didn't get to know anyone lately at Camp. This might be a perfect opportunity.

Hey! he sat down at the bleachers next to the Hephaestus kid. He looked Japanese, with that wavy hair of his. How's it goin'! he greeted them both cheerfully. Can I join this little chat of you guys?
    Lockkuun
    Lockkuun

Male

Post by Lockkuun 11/1/2015, 3:51 am

Maverick Yamamoto
    Son of Hephaestus

Whilst still regaining his composure, he notices another kid rushing towards him, this time with swift speed and with a full armor on. Frightened, he cowered behind Sophie as the kid approaches. Uh.... yeah.... sure sounding quite uneasy. My mom said it was better if I make new friends here at camp he said softly while looking at the ground avoiding any eye contact. He stole a glance to see what this kid looks like. Not that you need to know ha ha ha he laughed sheepishly. Oh gods! what did I just say? Did I just sound totally lame? Well whatever, these kids might oppress me too anyway, not that I'm not used to bulliess he thought. Yamachan managed to fake a smile though not sure if they could see it.
    Phirexas
    Phirexas

Male

Post by Phirexas 11/1/2015, 5:54 pm

"Yeah! Germany is pretty famous for its beer!"Sophie happily answered."Germany is also well know. For its chocolate and it gummy worms and bears."Upon finishing what she was saying a kid rushed in completely out of the blue and sent Maverick instantly cowering behind her.

"Sure you can join our chat." Sophie responded. "The more the merrier!"Sophie turned around and put a reassuring hand on Maverick's shoulder to steady him." You didn't sound lame at all. Don't worry about how you look to other people if you rely on that you'll never be able to realize your full potential.That sounded inspirational and great! I should right that down for later."
    Lockkuun
    Lockkuun

Male

Post by Lockkuun 11/1/2015, 11:25 pm

Maverick Yamamoto
    Son of Hephaestus

Ensured by those inspiring words of Sophie, Maverick went out of hiding and met with the rather friendly boy. Hey, uh... my name is... Maverick he said while he bows his head of respect. Realizing the difference between cultures, he immediately raised his head and smiled awkwardly, then he tried to extend his arms in an attempt of a handshake.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 11/2/2015, 1:10 am

Russ. And I steal stuff so best you watch out he let out a smirk smile at the guy. But he didn't want to make a first impression by stealing his wallet.

So! I thought this place was for duelling, not for cowering at the bleachers. Anyone care to duel?
    Lockkuun
    Lockkuun

Male

Post by Lockkuun 11/3/2015, 7:46 am

Maverick Yamamoto
    Son of Hephaestus

As Russ  was talking, Maverick still kept his eyes on the distant fighting which apparently has just finished. Data gathered Maverick muttered to himself. He then stood up straight and turned to the guy in their front Uhm... can I try? he said while holding his sword in both of his hands. But this is my first time so I can't promise you a good battle.
    Phirexas
    Phirexas

Male

Post by Phirexas 11/3/2015, 4:58 pm

"I'm sure you'll do fine Maverick!" Sophie encouraged. "I'll duel whoever wins. If they're up for it that is. I know how tiring a fight can be."
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 11/5/2015, 3:15 am

Russ grabbed Diplisopsis and flipped it 360 in the air. The sword plummeted down straight for his head, but like it was nothing, Russ caught it in mid-air. And before anyone realize what was happening or before anyone could say "Hell...!", Diplisopsis became a medium length Celestial bronze sword. Russ got in a couple of sword fighting classes, so he's "pretty sure" he knows what he's doing.

Alright, so. On my count, we go on 3. Russ put himself in a ready-to-strike stance, glaring at Maverick, Diplisopsis pointed at the guy. Three.

His swiftness from being Hermes's kid quickly got him in front of Maverick and he slashed the blade in the direction at Maverick's left leg.

OOC: Note that if you're misunderstood then he DID NOT hit the guy yet, he's just sending his sword slashing in the direction.
    Lockkuun
    Lockkuun

Male

Post by Lockkuun 11/5/2015, 6:59 am

Maverick Yamamoto
    Son of Hephaestus

*clank* Maverick let his lips form a small sneer as he held his sword with his right arm directly downward which parried Russ' attack. Whoa! That was fast, I can tell you've been training with swords for a long time

Maverick slashed his sword upward with his strength causing his arm muscles to tense momentarily, pushing Russ away from him.

Maverick then got into a fighting stance with his left foot forward, his body facing sideward and his sword positioned in his right hand.

Let's try that again
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 11/5/2015, 8:45 am

Yeah. You're quite good despite your beginner status he balanced himself as he got back in his combat stance.

We'll go on 3said Russ, as he started to read "1-4-5-9-7", but abruptly said 3 and quickly slashed down at Maverick's legs, a seemingly uncounterable move.
    Lockkuun
    Lockkuun

Male

Post by Lockkuun 11/5/2015, 8:55 am

Maverick Yamamoto
    Son of Hephaestus

Maverick anticipated Russ' attack, measuring his chances at countering, he decided that he can't as Russ moved alot faster than him. Without further thought Maverick jumped to the side and pushed Russ' back with the hilt of his sword sending him plunging down.

Didn't anyone tell you that doing the same trick twice in a row was bad? Maverick coughed up in confidence as he knew this strategy by playing tons of video games at his home in Japan.

He then went for the unthinkable, he lunged for an attack. Well yes, maverick is good with defensive strategy but hell weak on offense. He swung his blade on the still recovering Russ from the fall.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 11/5/2015, 9:55 am

Yeah they did he snorted as he wiped the blood from his lips Ain't a good listener

Russ managed to counter the attack, holding the sword against Maverick's.

Well play Russ twirled his sword and slashed upwards. Maverick's sword flew out of his hand.
    Lockkuun
    Lockkuun

Male

Post by Lockkuun 11/5/2015, 10:18 am

Maverick Yamamoto
    Son of Hephaestus

Huh! Maverick gasped as he watched his sword fly a few meters away from them. A few seconds of being in shock, Maverick snapped out and said Remarkably fast there... as he hunched lower with his hands wide.
    His eyes focused on Russ with stealing glances at his sword as he crept little by little towards it.
    So, you're a son of Hermes, I guess? With those more than the average Demigod's reflexes, I think for sure that the Swift God is your father..... He said in attempt to stall Russ as to reach closer to his sword.
    Phirexas
    Phirexas

Male

Post by Phirexas 11/5/2015, 4:59 pm

Sophie watched with great anticipation the fight was currently going on in front of her. She saw Maverick lose his sword and grew semi worried.
    "Cmon Maverick!" She yelled."You may be down but your not out! Show him the full extent of your abilities!"At this moment Sophie really wished she had a notepad to write some of this stuff down.It all sounded like pure gold to her.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 11/6/2015, 1:37 am

It's the Hermes trait he said as he started to lower his weapon. Diplisopsis shifted back to his good old knife. He strap it to his side. Bad idea.

Maverick lunged at him. The guy got his sword without him noticing. Great! Better write this note down to remember.

In a mere death scenario, Russ quickly pulled the knife from his strap and barely countered the attack when Maverick was on top of him and pinning him down with the knife as the only thing protecting Russ's face from getting slashed.
    Lockkuun
    Lockkuun

Male

Post by Lockkuun 11/7/2015, 9:20 am

Maverick Yamamoto
    Son of Hephaestus

Write this down, don't ever let your guard down. Maverick said as he put away his sword and extended his hand.

Hey, thanks for the spar Maverick commented
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 11/7/2015, 9:45 am

Yeah, you're good he grabbed Maverick's hand and stood up, brushing off the dirt on his clothes.

Hey Sophie you're up! he said as he strap Diplisopsis to his belt and sat down at the bleachers.
    Phirexas
    Phirexas

Male

Post by Phirexas 11/7/2015, 4:17 pm

"All righty!"She said as she walked from the bleachers to where Maverick stood. She took her two Chakrams from off her side and got into a ready position."Whenever your ready Maverick.If you need a breather before we start just let me know."Sophie was still ready for any sneak attacks. Even though she still isn't sure on how Maverick fights and his strategy behind but she did know that her Chakrams could potentially trap his blade and leave him wide open.
    Lockkuun
    Lockkuun

Male

Post by Lockkuun 11/7/2015, 9:07 pm

Maverick Yamamoto
    Son of Hephaestus

Nah, I'm okay He said but as he saw Sophie's weapon he couldn't help but gulp.
    He had seen this weapon in many games he had played before, but he hasn't seen it in person, this would be his first time.
    Getting nervous of how the battle would play out he said Ready when you are...
    Phirexas
    Phirexas

Male

Post by Phirexas 11/8/2015, 5:55 pm

Sophie wasted no time whatsoever whipping the Charkrams in her left hand into a diagonal arc in an attempt to ruin his guard.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content