A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

A New Adventure in the City (Belle & Metilinos)

Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

A New Adventure in the City (Belle & Metilinos) Empty A New Adventure in the City (Belle & Metilinos)

Post by Belle 11/7/2015, 11:14 pm

Dominika and Dimitri had planned to go on an actual date. It was new to the both of them but in the few moments trying to get ready, she had panicked a bit. What was she supposed to wear on a first date? She had never actually been. Nika had been at the Greek camp for awhile and she figured, the Venus, er Aphrodite children might have a clue. Nika had asked them for some advice but they wanted to dress her up for too much. That wasn't who she was, but she took some of their tips into mind. It took a long while but she had decided to take a risk and she wore a casual dress that one of the Aphrodite girls lent her and told her she should wear. Although despite the cold weather she put tights and a cardigan on to stay a bit warm. Nika felt stupid but she wanted to look nice. It was a weird feeling but she decided to go with it.

Sighing, they agreed to meet on top of half-blood hill and from there they would leave for New York City to just get away from the camp. Nika had only waited a few minutes until she could hear footsteps and she could feel her heart race a bit faster. He had arrived on top of the hill and she looked at him for a few moments. "I'm sorry." She started to say and she was blushing. "I look... I look stupid." She said finally.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male
    Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2014-11-08

A New Adventure in the City (Belle & Metilinos) Empty Re: A New Adventure in the City (Belle & Metilinos)

Post by Metilinos 11/8/2015, 12:30 am

Dating was a foreign concept to Dimitri. In recent times he'd seen devastating things. Demigods consumed by monsters, his own parents dead at his feet, the girl he loved lost a leg, and the girl he thought he'd loved had walked away from him without a goodbye. Other things had happened too; Dimitri didn't have it easy by any means, and even still, this "date" they were going on confused him more than anything he'd done before. He'd wished he'd had his dad alive to show him the way, but because that wasn't a possibility, he'd already decided he'd make his dad proud, no matter where he may rest.

He'd thought about who to ask for help. There were some ideas; Alex, Harper, Andrew, maybe even Evander. Harper was his sister, she surely wouldn't lead him astray. And the rest of them had significant others, though, Dimitri wasn't sure that he wanted a relationship like the people around him had. They all had fun with their partners, and while Dimitri was happy for them, he wasn't sure the gravity of relationships matched up. Dominika wasn't just a part of his life; she was the force that kept him together.

He'd gone mostly unassisted for this event in life, save for some sly advice on what to wear from his sister, though she had no clue was going on a date. He was unsure of what to do, what to wear, what to do, what to bring, or even what to say. He'd felt nervousness, an emotion he wasn't familiar with. He'd showed up in a red and black checkered flannel shirt and blue jeans. He didn't like the colors of the shirt in particular, though, he figured that at the very least she might like red because it was one of Rome's colors. He'd never felt self-conscious about boots before, they were all he wore, but now he wasn't so sure about his choice.

"Don't be sorry." Dimitri replied, his southern accent still in full kick, despite having lived in the north for so long. The two made an odd couple with their differing accents. Dimitri took her hands into his, it almost felt odd to do, as he'd so rarely done actions like this. "You look beautiful; I'm bein' honest." Dimitri said, a smile had crept onto his face while he watched Dominika's hair fluttered in the gentle wind. "I like your hair when it's down. It's pretty when it's wavin' through the air." Dimitri commented, almost awkwardly in a sense, but his eye contact didn't break.

Dimitri gestured towards a small patch of flowers around the grass on the hill. "I grew those for you. I was gonna pick 'em and have them all prettied up in a bouquet, but I figured they would get in the way of the date." Dimitri said, a shy shrug following. He felt stupid saying the words out loud, even though it had made sense in his head. "I uh... I guess I didn't think that one through so well. I guess I coulda kept 'em in a vase..." Dimitri said, his cheeks flushed a red shade.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

A New Adventure in the City (Belle & Metilinos) Empty Re: A New Adventure in the City (Belle & Metilinos)

Post by Belle 11/8/2015, 1:04 am

Dominika saw him in the red and black checkered flannel shirt and blue jeans. His outfit really did convey who he was and his background and it made her smile. She was fidgeting with a loose string on her cardigan, as he told her not to be sorry. It was then that he took her hands in his, and he told her she looked beautiful. A sense of relief came upon her to hear that she didn't look stupid but his comment made her blush. This was still very weird for her to be going on a date. It's not like anyone ever prepared her for this. She certainly wasn't taken tips from her mother or the Aphrodite girls. Nika decided she'd mostly just try and be herself and hope things went well.

"Thank you." You said in response to her hair being down. "I don't usually leave it down, it gets away a lot." She said softly as she interlocked her fingers with his as he gestured to a small patch of flowers. "Awe, that's so sweet Dimitri, it's okay we can let the flowers live, they're beautiful." She said and smiled as he seemed to become more shy.  Dominika actually found it to be quite cute.

Nika kissed his cheek and just held his one hand. "I really like the red and black flannel. Red looks good on you and you look handsome." She spoke as she blushed again and her eyes averted down as she said, "The boots are a nice choice, they remind me of where you come from. Should we go or?"
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 11/8/2015, 1:30 am

Dimitri's smile morphed into a full grin when Dominika's fingers interlocked with his own, and the grin turned even winder when she had kissed him. "You can kiss me whenever you want to." Dimitri said, blinking with emphasis after. "That wasn't implyin' anythin' or anythin'. That was just me tellin' you that it's okay to do. But. Um, thank you, for the compliments. The boots're just sorta what I have. I've never really had the need for anythin' else." The demigod admitted. He was feeling some sort of sensation that he didn't quite understand still, and he wasn't sure if he hated the nervousness or not.

"Plantin' the flowers was nice. I haven't grown anythin' for a long time." Dimitri reminisced; he'd often in his past spent much time with the children of Demeter because of his stake in the trade of farming. It was quite literally a great way to go back to his roots. "But, yeah, let's go." Dimitri said, playfully tugging on her arm. It was new to hold another person's hand, but he immensely enjoyed the presence of Dominika's hand in his. He adored her.

The pair began their little trip, though Dimitri felt a need to confess. "I don't know what's goin' on." Dimitri admitted. "I feel afraid. But not physically afraid we'll get hurt or anythin'. I'm afraid, but not actually afraid anythin' will happen..." The demigod wasn't exactly sure what he was getting at. "But, I'm also really happy too. I'm excited. I wouldn't trade this for anythin', not even the world, but, I'm also afraid. Is that normal?"
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 11/8/2015, 4:14 am

Dominika heard Dimitri saying that he could kiss him whenever she wanted. Nika listened to his words as he seemed to be nervous and she actually giggled a bit. "Dimitri, shh, I get what you're saying, it's okay. The boots are all you need around me." Nika said with a smile and it had been awhile where she didn't feel scared and she was actually happy. Nika knew today was going to be a good day.

"It's nice to see you be more yourself, I would love to see your family farm one day though, see where you grew up." With her smile growing wider she felt him playfully tug at her arm and she was excited and little bit giddy. "I don't really know what is going on either, I've never done this before, but we'll see what's around and do what we want, go with the flow? Also I feel that way too, so it must be normal? Gods I hope so."

(Sorry this is such crap John, I've been trying to write this for hours but the movies on tv distracted me and then it got really late. I hope this post will suffice.)
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 11/8/2015, 6:48 pm

There was a tinge of pain that hit the demigod when Dominika spoke about his family farm. He hadn't gone back there since the wretched night he'd lost his parents. It hadn't been long, but even now Dimitri was sure that the chapter of his life involving the pain of home wasn't over yet. "We'll go someday. I promise."

The trip to New York was as short as usual, it felt like they were there in no time. Though Dimitri suspected it felt shorter because he was afraid of the path ahead, yet still eager to walk it anyway. By the time they were on the streets of New York, Dimitri had began to feel some sort of solace and comfort from the daughter of Jupiter. He was still holding her hand, but he couldn't seem to glance at her without smiling and feeling some odd warmth in his chest.

"I was thinkin' ice cream. Or, gelato. I hear that people like gelato." Dimitri noted, his suggestion was on the table. There was so much he didn't know about Dominika, it surprised him that he was so certain he was in love with her. "I never asked you... lotta things, actually." Dimitri said, curiosity in his voice. "There's so much I wanna know 'bout you. Can I just... ask you questions?" The demigod asked the daughter of Jupiter.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 11/8/2015, 7:50 pm

They were well on their way to New York. Nika hadn't really explored much of the place before. She hardly even looked around in the city she was in back at camp. Spending more and more time at Camp Half Blood, made Dominika a little sad, as sometimes she wished she could just reside there. It gave her such a home like feel or was that just Dimitri that helped her have a sense of home? Even walking with him now she felt comfortable and safe.

He suggested they could get ice cream or gelato. What was gelato? Nika hadn't really heard of it before but she wasn't sure if she should admit it to him. After a few minutes mulling it over in her mind she exhaled softly and decided Dimitri was a safe place to say things as such. "Uh,.." She started and she blushed as she laughed a little bit. "I feel incredibly stupid, but... What is gelato exactly?" She looked over at him unsure of how he'd respond.

Dimitri was talking about how he never did ask her a lot of things and there was so much he wanted to know. She had a small smile place on her face. "You can ask me whatever you want and I'll answer. So long as I get to ask some myself." Dominika said and she was purely curious to know what he wanted to know, but she had nothing to hide from him either way.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 11/9/2015, 7:03 pm

Dimitri couldn't help but let out an amused laugh when Dominika asked about gelato. It looked like not everyone knew about it after all. "It's... ice cream." Dimitri replied. "But, I guess more creamy and Italian. My friend Arian taught me about it." Dimitri explained. "I actually didn't know what it was either. But people were tellin' me that everyone did. Guess great minds think alike?" Dimitri suggested to his girlfriend. It was a strange thought for the demigod, that he had a girlfriend. But based on the kissing in affection, it seemed as though it was the direction his life had taken for him.

"There's so much to ask..." Dimitri began. "I want to know it all. Your hopes and dreams. Your fears and demons. Your quirks and habits." Dimitri was shameless as he spoke, as though he had a good idea about relationships. In all truth, the demigod didn't, he simply had his parents to look at as an example. Perhaps the best example possible. "What's your favorite color?" Dimitri asked, possibly the simplest question in the book.

"What did you want to do with your life? Y'know, before all of this demigod stuff came outta nowhere?" Dimitri asked, significantly upping the ante of his questions. He couldn't help but feel a desire to know the girl he loved more.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 11/9/2015, 8:27 pm

Dimitri had began to say what gelato was to her and eventually admitted he hadn't known what it was himself until his friend Arian taught him. "Guess great minds think alike?" Dimitri had suggested and she smiled and laughed a bit. "I suppose so." She said with a small shrug of the shoulders as they continued to walk down the sidewalk. "I think I will just trust my instincts here, and say we should go for ice cream."

Following her mentioning that he could ask things so long as she got to ask them back, he started off by saying he wanted to know it all. "That's quite a lot of things to ask for." Nika joked with a small laugh and soon the most simple question was asked. "Turquoise. I kinda like the mesh of the blue and green, what's your favourite colour?" She asked genuinely curious to know. She supposed she really didn't know too much of the little things that Dimitri liked, or disliked. Or what he wanted to do with his life, or his goals.

When she heard the second question, her eyes almost lit up, thinking about it and a big smile was placed on her face. "I had wanted to go into the winter olympics one day, and compete for Russia, in something called, ice dancing. I am not sure if you've heard of it before, but I'll explain anyways." Nika said with such enthusiasm about it. It really had been a big thing in her life until she got to camp four months back. "Basically people dance in skates on ice. It's a lot trickier than it seems, but it was one of my favourite things to do on any given day. Watching people compete in all these winter sports with my grandmother, really was a highlight every four years." Finishing up what she had to say about it she sighed softly. It was still sad knowing she could probably never achieve that now with her prosthetic, but that was how life is.

"In terms of an actual career I don't think I ever thought about it before, to be honest, I just always wanted to do better than what my mother had done. What kind of things did you used to grow on the farm back home? Was there ever any animals around or were you guys strictly just farmers and raised crops?" Nika asked more so asking for some things of his past.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 11/10/2015, 12:57 am

"I can't say I have..." Dimitri replied about ice dancing. Though, he hadn't even heard much about what the Winter Olympics anyway. When Dominika mentioned her grandmother, Dimitri pulled her in and gave her a gentle hug. "I'm sorry about your grandmother, I'd've done anythin' to have met her. She's proud of you, I promise, no matter where she is right now, she is proud of you." Dimitri whispered into her ear, before gently tugging her along with him. "It's brown, by the way... it's the color of soil, which grows everything that needs foundation." Dimitri quoted his dad, something he thought about often.

"There were animals. The best ones in the world." Dimitri replied. He couldn't help but grin at the thought, remembering the animals back home. "The horses were the best. I used to have one've my very own. She was a draft horse; very basic and simple horse. A lotta people think they aren't fit to be race horses or dressage horses, hardly even worth bein' pull horses. My parents named her Starr, and I grew up with her. She was the most thoughtful friend I think I've ever had." Dimitri said, though his smile didn't shine with anything. A part of him felt empty when he mentioned her.

"She's gone now; don't know where she went. But she ain't 'fraid of anythin'. If she got out before my parents... well, she found someone. I know someone would take her in. She's loyal, and I know she could take down any other horse, even if she's a draft." Dimitri said. His hand lightly squeezed Dominika, a procedure to help remind him that she was right there for him.

Dimitri opened the door to a random parlor called "Cyle's Ice Cream." He thought the spelling was odd, but it didn't deter him. He held the door open for Dominika; it was common manners. "I'd love to see this ice dancin' thing, if you ever feel like showin' me." Dimitri said witha smile.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 11/10/2015, 2:29 am

The daughter of Jupiter felt his gentle embrace at the mention of her grandma. It had surprised her a bit to have him hug her, but it was comforting. Nika was fine until he started to bring up how her grandmother would be proud of her. No one had ever said that, Nika didn't even consider how her grandmother might have been proud of her. "Thank you." She mumbled softly. That idea had brought upon a new idea of thinking to her but it wasn't long before Dimitri had tugged her forward toward an ice cream parlor.

He began to talk about how he had a horse once and she smiled. She felt the squeeze of his hand and she squeezed back. "I'm sure wherever she is she is safe and happy. If she's alive I think you will find her one day." Nika said trying to comfort him. As they walked into the store and he held the door open for her he had asked her about the ice dancing bit and showing him. She got a bit of a sad look on her face.

"Dimitri, I" she paused for a few moments and she looked down at the ground. She had forgotten for a brief moment that she had been wearing a dress. She sighed softly and looked back up at him. "I don't think I'll be able to skate again, it'd be weird and I might fail. I don't think my leg could manage." She said sadly but was trying hard not to be so glum. They were in an ice cream shop after all and they were on a date.

"Anyways, do you have a favourite ice cream flavour?"
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 11/11/2015, 11:06 pm

"I won't get my hopes up. Best I can pray for now is that she found a new home. She's a seriously beautiful horse." Dimitri commented. He sighed once, at the fond memories. There was a time when his closest friend was Starr. He almost felt as though he'd abandoned her. She deserved someone who would be there for everything.

"Y'know, soon enough no one is even gonna know that the leg ain't made of flesh and blood. And there won't be anythin' holdin' you back. At least, not your leg. Don't let your fears get in the way, Dominika." Dimitri said softly. He had a passion to see the daughter of Jupiter rise again, despite his own shortcomings in his recent emotional feats. "How 'bout we compromise? I'll show you horseback ridin' if you show me ice skatin'. Sound fair?" The demigod proposed, a small grin still on his face.

"Coffee." Dimitri replied. "Coffee tastes like home." The demigod had grown quite fond of things that didn't match up with his godly lineage. Agriculture wasn't the only odd thing he'd taken a liking to; he also had a love for coffee. The couple appeared in front of the counter to order their ice cream. Dimitri had ordered coffee, as promised. He glanced over at Dominika, it looked like it was his turn to find out her favorite ice cream flavor now.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 11/11/2015, 11:26 pm

When he spoke of his horse Starr she had a small smile on her face. Nika had never actually been near a horse in person before. She's seen them from a distance or on shows here and there but she's never been up close to one or pet one. It was interesting to hear about to say the least.

Whe Dimitri began to mention her leg, how soon no one would be able to tell it was fake and she scowled a bit. "I don't think it works that way. Maybe after fifty years I'll be used to everything, but I lived with a real leg for sixteen years." Nika said to him but she really did appreciate him being positive about it. She needed someone to be supportive more than she would let on. "Sounds fair, but that might be awhile, I can't really show you ice skating if I can't skate no longer." She said with a small sigh.

Soon they went up to the counter and the worker appeared to be a grouchy looking teenager. Probably about the age of fifteen at his first job. He had pimples everywhere and had a few strands of hair on his chin he should really have shaved or plucked. "Yo, what can I get for you two today." The guy with the name tag, Joe said. Joe seemed to hate his job. Dimitri ordered coffee and that was when Nika responded, "I'll just have maple walnut, please." Dominika said and that was when Joe left to do his thing.

"When's your birthday?" Nika asked curious now, as it seemed like something important to know but yet she hadn't known yet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 10:32 am