A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Dyslexia and Books equals ANOMALY

Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1520
    Registration date : 2015-10-06

Dyslexia and Books equals ANOMALY Empty Dyslexia and Books equals ANOMALY

Post by Rick Sanchez 11/12/2015, 1:03 am

Nestor had no trouble reading this book. Don Quixote. Sure, most kids would look at it, then say "Bah!" and then added a comment of theirs "This book's lame. It's about the adventures of some paranoid guy who thinks he's a knight. So?", while some of them would shrug and simply whispered "It's dull."

Well, being an Athena kid helped Nestor overcome all of the problems about the book. Except for the fact that, like every-single-demigod-around-the-entire-planet, he is dyslexic. And a case of ADHD along. Still, he crammed his brain hard to keep it focused on every single word he reads, his hand running along the lines to keep him on track. Besides, the book seems a bit fascinating. Most of the time he sat there, alone, in a dark corner of the library (he brings a flashlight, duh) reading books. It is kind of weird to do that, but he just didn't want to randomly meet someone that interrupts his reading.

Today, he quote, "for the first time in forever" did he lose track of his reading. His eyes were fixed on Chapter something of Part something when he felt someone wandering around the shelves near him. And when he looked up, he saw a girl, his age, behind a shelf, right next to the shelf he had his back on. And when he looked down back at his book, he lost track.

He wanted to scream aloud "FUUU...", except that would be inappropriate and the librarian would kick him out for being noisy. He decided to mark the pages he was reading and grab another book from the ground.

War and Peace Seriously, he didn't even know what the title meant. War and Peace. Two different elements. So? He just needed something to read. Something to kill time.

Then, the girl approached and he almost yelped and dropped the book.
    Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female
    Number of posts : 25506
    Registration date : 2010-03-20

Dyslexia and Books equals ANOMALY Empty Re: Dyslexia and Books equals ANOMALY

Post by Wisey 11/12/2015, 1:36 am

London was in the library, just killing some time and trying to get rid of her feeling of boredom. She usually liked to just aimlessly walk the aisles of the library, pick out a random book and read it... er, welll... attempt to read it. Usually, she would rarely encounter someone in the library, but today was different.

As she walked through the aisles, she noticed someone towards the back corner, and was curious to see who it was. She assumed it was a child of Athena, because her children were usually the ones in here most of the time. When London got closer, she noticed it was a boy; however, he seemed distracted.

She was curious to see what he was reading and decided to get closer. Unfortunately, she startled him and made him drop a different book. A bigger book. Which made a loud sound as it hit the floor.

"Sorry," she said softly. She didnt mean to startle him.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 11/12/2015, 1:47 am

Nestor calmed himself and looked up again, this time straight at the girl who startled him. He wanted to scream something, but he didn't want to act rude toward a girl. And so, he shut down his fiery anger and stood up, brushing off the dust on his shirt. Then, his eyes fixed, again, on the newcomer. He found it peculiar for a non-Athena demigod to show up here in the library, as most demigods have issues with their reading.

"It's cool." he said, then dashing his eyes around and looked back "So, umm..." he hesitated. He didn't talk to girls much and he was basically in a cram right now. He didn't even know how to start a conversation with girls.Obviously, he didn't need to ask anyone who they were in the library (often), as most of them were Athenian kids. With the exception of this girl, because he knew: she was un-Athenian. "Hi. I'm Nestor. You?"
    Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 11/12/2015, 1:52 am

London smiled softly, and walked towards him to pick up the book he dropped "War and Peace, huh.." she said softly before handing it back to him gently.

It was obvious that he was startled over the fact that she wasn't his sibling, but it's okay, London got that a lot. She liked to be in the library, and she wasnt a child of Athena, but it didnt matter to her. The boy introduced himself. "Nice to meet you Nestor, I'm London." she said smiling.

"Sorry about disrupting you, I didn't mean to startle you." she said softly, feeling guilty for bothering the Athenian boy.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 11/12/2015, 2:03 am

"Bah! I didn't read that anyway" he spoke quietly, looking down at the book War and Peace she was holding. "Seems boring. I wonder why I kept reading the classics."

"Cool name, London." then, he realized that she was saying sorry again. "No really, I'm cool with it. So, what brings you here, to the Athenian domain?" Well, he liked to think that the Athenian kids claimed the library as they were the only ones capable of reading.
    Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 11/12/2015, 2:12 am

London smiled softly. "There's nothing wrong with classics" she said smiling.

She then laughed softly at his joke about Athenian domain and what not. "I mean, why else would I be in the library? I enjoy reading" she said smirking softly. "I struggled with it all my life, like everyone else here, but I worked hard in school to try and overcome the dyslexia when reading English" she said gently. "Not all campers here are meat heads, and I for one, am a flower child, however, that doesn't mean I spend all my hours in the day attending the strawberry fields and gardens." she said smirking softly before putting War and Peace gently back on the table.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 11/12/2015, 3:47 am

"No, I don't think everyone's meat heads. Well, some of them are, especially the Ares kids. No offense, just don't tell them that." he said, looking around through a stack of books that were written before the beginning of the 21st century. Sherlock Holmes, Anne Frank, Oliver Twist, i.e, old people's favorite classics. Some of them were good, like the sherlock Holmes series.

"What classic do you like best?" he asked, while picking up a book on the floor. The front cover had a large red letter on the top, titling "Ray Bradbury", while the front showed a man made out of newspaper. He was staggering around, his entire body flickered with orange flames. The main title read "Fahrenheit 451". Basically, the 451 degrees fahrenheit is the temperature paper burns.

"Personally, I like this one most. You know it? It's about an alternate dystopic reality in the 1960s, in which books are in the same level as modern-day drugs, and the protagonist is this guy named Guy Montag." he said, while running over the pages quickly. The book was thin and it took him about two hours to read them all. But it was good. "Funny thing, though. Montag means "Monday" in German. Imagine: Guy Monday." he tried to keep a straight face.
    Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 11/15/2015, 9:27 pm

London sifted through some of the books as well, while she listened quietly. She looked up when she saw him pull out Fahrenheit 451, and laughed at his joke. "No, not yet, I haven't" she said while still giggling. "But I guess I should now, since I finally figured out the reason for the title." she said smiling.

"Mmmm. My favorite classic is probably Frankenstein" she said pulling it out of the pile she was looking through. "I would say Heart of Darkness was my favorite, if I didn't give up on it." she said pouting softly. "Reading through it was hard enough, but trying to figure out what Conrad was really trying to say made it too complex and difficult, so I just gave up." she said shrugging, while flipping through the pages of Frankenstein softly.

"I dont have much friends, so I enjoy the company of old books and a cup of coffee." she said smiling gently.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 11/16/2015, 4:40 am

"Me neither. I spend about 99% of my time here browsing through stuff. But its quality times." he said, while putting the book on the table.

"To be honest, many books have horrible movie adaptations, don't you think?" Nestor asked, while thinking of something. His hands started picking rapidly the books strewn across the floor. Soon, he had an entire weight of books in his arms, and he weighed them all on the table, this time they strewn on the table. That made almost no difference.

"Modern literature is much cooler than those before the 21st century, really." he said, while opening The Deathly Hallows "Like this one, its really enjoyable."
    Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 12/11/2015, 10:20 pm

London smiled at his comment. "okay, I don't spend that much time in here, I have to get at least a little bit of sunlight" she joked lightly.

She then giggled at his comment. "yes, indeed they are" she said still giggling softly. She watched him carefully as he began to pick up the books. For someone who's in the library all the time, he has some incredible strength.

London had to bite back a smile when the books completely toppled onto the table, negating his previous attempt to make things cleaner.

"I like modern literature, especially Harry Potter," she began with a smile. "however, some modern literature is quite predictable, or repetitive. Versus traditional books, there are some where the plots are completely twisted, but are still very enjoyable." she said smiling
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/11/2015, 11:59 pm

Putting Deathly Hallows back in its case, Nestor slowly moved toward the modern literature shelves. Sure, he read some fantasies. The Mortal Instrument, Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, blah blah. Pulling out The Alchemyst, he showed her the cover.

"Have you read it?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 12:42 pm