A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Jin Orihara-Daniels

Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male
    Number of posts : 175
    Registration date : 2015-12-09

Jin Orihara-Daniels Empty Jin Orihara-Daniels

Post by Jinjaku 12/9/2015, 2:00 pm

Name: Jin Orihara
    Eyes: Dark brown
    Hair: Black
    Height: 6'2
    Body Type: Endomorph due to him doing parkour at a young age
    Skin Color: Dark choclate
    God Parent: Oizys
    Mortal Parent:  All he knows are his father's name Akatsuchi Orihara (Guardian: Jase Daniels)
    Country of Origin:Born in the Uk but has Japanese heritage
    Pets:none
    Talents:Pickpocketing and above average agility
    Weapon**: throwing knives x10 (Celestial bronze) (Can never be lost as it comes back to him.)
    Personality: Jin is rather lazy, he would rather sleep than actually do any kind of work. He is sarcastic most of the time and usually very mocking towards people with his mocking politeness, Jin is quick to analyze any situation and is quick to find a way to overcome it rather easily as well as being  able to keep calm under extreme pressure. While Jin is cynical and dark towards most things around him he would still put up with his most things. Due to Jin's dark and cynical view of the world, most people tended to ignore him as he was always cynical and sarcastic towards them upon meeting them.
    Jin can be quite stubborn when he wants to be and rarely anything can change his mind once he has set him himself for something. Jin prefers quite as he is rather silent in everything he does due to him learning how to steal just about anything from his guardian. He can move about without making a squeak of noise and likes the dark more than the light as he says "I grew up in the darkness" whenever asked by people why he doesn't come out much.

Flaws: His cynicism can be considered a flaw because if can affect his judgement on certain things, for example, his views on life. Jin would allow someone to die and not lift a finger to help as long as that person is set on dying.
    Jin can be known to over analyze a situation which leads to him to coming up with the worst case scenario which in turn affect his judgement
    Jin can be rather stubborn which can be considered a flaw as he may disobey a figure of authority which may lead to severe consequences.

Abilities (must relate to godly parent; optional):Can detect negative emotions such as sadness and emotional pain, he must me at least 20 feet from his target.

Powers (must relate to god parent; optional):  Can influence a person to become gloomy and sad, by making them watch their saddest memory in a loop and lasts for one post. Range of power is 10 feet

Limit (must relate to god parent; optional): Powers can only last up to 1 posts. Cooldown time is two posts if he doesn't use much of it, and the time goes up the more power he uses it,  The longest cooldown time is three posts.
    It can be resisted if the person has accepted or moved on from the thing that caused them grief and sadness or if the target gets hit or stabbed with enough force the pain would knock them out of the memory, or thinks about happier thoughts which will reduce the effects.
    If the person has a strong will they can resist the influence of Jin's power.
    Any child of a God of any emotion is able to counteract and negate the effects of Jin's ability with their own ability to an emotion, ie (happiness or being a child of Gelos, Thalia and Euphrosyne.)

Life Before Camp*: Jin's life before CHB was not that all that great as he has never known either of his parents, when he asked a matron about them all he got was his father's name Akatsuchi Orihara. Due to the fact that his father is dead and his mother's status is unknown, this leads him to be taken to an orphanage at the ripe age of 6 months old.

Due to living in an orphanage all his life he has bounced from home to home and eventually coming back to the orphanage because of either financial problems or that he just wasn't the type of child they wanted After reaching his fifteenth birthday Jin had enough of moving from home to home only to end back to square one so he packed what little he had and ran away, during this time he learned how to fend for himself on the streets as he was taught by his guardian who then was a master con artist and thief. He met Jase on a wet autumn afternoon as he was on the run from the police for stealing a few clothes from a shop, turning a corner he lost sight of the police as he walked down the busy street he spotted a rather tall man who was about 6'4 wearing an expensive suit.

As he continued walking he decided to nick a few couple hundred pounds from this man as rich people had lots of money to spare well at least in his point of view. Following the man through sharp bends and dodgy alleyways he finally reached the last bend the man disappeared around only to find no one in front of him as if the man disappeared into thin air, as he walked off disappointed that he would go to his makeshift home penniless as usual he heard a deep chuckling sound coming from the rooftop of one of the building, looking up he spotted the man. "Look, kid, you got skill, I was watching as you stole these clothes and ran from the cops kinda reminded me of how I was around your age." The man said as he dropped down. "Hey, kid how would you like for me to teach you the trick of the trade and to become an expert thief and conman like moi, oh yeah the names Jase by the way," the man said dramatically.

Thinking it over Jin decided that it could be worth it even though in the back of his mind he knew he wasn't going to trust this man as he was con artist so he agreed after weighing out the pros and cons, months after Jin came to see Jase as a person he could trust as Jase had helped him over the two years they have been together and during this time he learnt all the tricks of the trade, he also learnt how to steal, lie  even escape into the crowd as well as parkour. As the year was almost over Jase decided he wanted Jin to come live with him as he had grown to like the kid and had started to love him as his own son over the past two years, when he confronted Jin about this, Jin ran up to him catching him a bear hug as he wept tears of joy as he had grown to see Jase a type of father.  

One day when going out on a run for some stolen goods he was attacked by a hellhound that was almost as tall as a one-story building and with a width of one soccer pitch, shocked by this gigantic hound he tried using his skills in evasion and parkour to escape but luck was not on his side, when he thought all was lost he was saved by a satyr who had knocked him over causing the hell-hound to miss him and run  into a wall, "Get up and follow me, hurry" the half goat half human said to Jin as he got himself in a fighting stance in case the hell-hound got up. Jin was confused at the events that were taking place, all he wanted to do was steal some things, dodge the police and get home in time for dinner, but no he caught up in some Narnia bs with a goat man and a huge dog trying to rip his head off.

Getting up off the ground he quickly followed after the goat man as he wanted some answers and it seemed like he would get it with this person, "So who are you, and what was that dog thing that tried to kill me, what are you and what's going on Jin shouted in frustration to the half goat half human as he ran quickly through the alleyways as quickly as possible as he could hear the massive footsteps of the now awoken killer dog. "Well to answer your questions in order my name is Tomas and that dog thing was a hell-hound and they live in the underworld, well technically speaking I'm a satyr which as you probably know a half goat and upper body of a human.

And to answer your last question I was sent to bring you to the camp half blood where demigods stay all year round depending on their godly parent. Hearing all of this Jin couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity, *this guy must be on something if he thinks I'm going to believe all that* he thought to himself  "wait what do you mean godly parent, mine died years ago when I was a baby and I've been in and out of homes ever since" Jin said with confusion and a hint of sadness. After saying this, the hell-hound burst through the wall snarling revealing sharp rows of teeth, jumping back in shock both boys went to turn around but not before getting hit with its tail.

The hell-hound seeing them fall on their backs ran at them going for the kill, seeing this Jin reached into his pocket where he kept his throwing knives Jase had got for him on his sixteenth birthday and took aim, throwing them in rapid succession they just bounced off the skin of the hell-hound only causing it to become more annoyed, getting up quick and pulling Jin up along with him he dragged Jin as he ran into an empty warehouse that he spotted when first going to pick up Jin. Reaching into his bag he pulled out ten bronze throwing knives, "here these are celestial bronze and the only thing that can harm monsters such as hell-hound". Jin took hold of the blades, handling the throwing knives they felt comfortable in his hands and where very lightweight which were perfect for throwing, grinning he saw the hell-hound barrel into the abandoned warehouse taking aim he threw the knives in rapid succession and noticed they took damage as well as return to his pocket after he threw them which meant he could continuously throw them without getting too close to retrieve them.

Tomas watching in awe as Jin threw the knives with pinpoint precision cutting through the hell-hound fur with ease causing the hel hound to howl in pain, as the hell hound snarled in anger it seemed to enter a beserker state as it brushed off the pain it felt from the knives Jin was throwing at it. With one final howl the beast ran towards the duo, panicking Tomas started pullin on Jin's jacket trying to shake him from his fear. Looking around Jin spotted a string of rope across the room holding up crates of steel boxes, using his knives he attempted to cut through the rope causing the metallic boxes to drop onto the huge beast, as the beast squirmed and snarled trying to break free Jin stabbed it repeatedly as adrenaline rushed through his body.

Turning to face Tomas he tucked away the knives in his hand "okay so what happens now and let's say I believe you about this whole demigod thing and I come with you what happens then. "Well you'll be brought to camp where there are other kids like you and will be trained for combat and other things such as control over your powers when they manifest." the satyr told him. "Well let's go then" the satyr said as he started trudging forward, "wait I still need to say by to Jase and tell him about all this cause if what your telling' me is true then I want to be able to protect myself and Jase for when these monsters come after me".

Hearing the sadness in Jin's voice Tomas realizes that Jin is saying goodbye to the only family he has ever  known or at least thought of as  family considering they aren't officially father and son. "Alright but we have to be quick, it's dangerous around night-time more monsters about then," Tomas said in a clipped voice in order for Jin to understand the severity and seriousness.

As they approached the old warehouse where Jase took up residence the first thing they saw was Jase pacing up and down with a worried look on his face. Hearing footsteps approaching Jase looked up to see a crippled kid with crutches and Jin, rushing towards Jin he looked at him turning him around multiple times finally jin had enough and asked what he was doing, "I was checking to see if you were alright, I was worried when you didn't arrive by dinner time and thought you had been nicked by the police or worse, but I'm glad your back.

Hearing that Jin felt even more saddened at the thought of leaving Jase but the more he thought about it, he saw it was for both him and Jase's sake that he goes to train. "Oh yeah this is my friend Tomas he saved me today," Jin said nervously as he knew Jase would react dramatically to him being saved. As the news that Jin was saved Jase swerved his head to look at the boy now know as Tomas he thanked him for saving the kid he thought of as a son and asked the question they were both dreading, "what did he save you from" when these words were spoken Jin felt himself freeze up as he couldn't think of any way to say it without coming across as crazy.

Tomas seeing Jin freeze came to his rescue by answering truthfully which in turn caused jin to slap his forehead, but Jase's reaction is what truly shocked him the most. "So they finally came after you did they" Jase said in a forlorn tone, hearing these words Jin was confused as he didn't know Jase knew anything about supposed mythical beings being real, before he could question Jase on his knowledge he spoke "it was on your fifteenth birthday and we were on our way home from a good run, we had just stolen a few very expensive clothes and food before we were cornered by four thugs, they demanded that we handed over the stuff and I refused this is when they got violent, one of them swung at me but I knocked him out with a punch and the other two seeing their friend knocked out came at me with knives I was able to handle myself before one stabbed my in the arm that's when everything went downhill, I assume it was the shock of seeing me getting stabbed but you started glowing a black oozy aura which spread out and wrapped around the thugs, I'm still not sure what happened but I know I felt immeasurable sadness around me and then the thugs started crying and begging for forgiveness. When I saw this I took this chance to escape picking you up with my good hand as you had fallen unconscious after using your power, luckily you never remembered the event".

Hearing the tale Tomas's eyes open in shock as Tomas wondered if the man in front of him was a clear sighted mortal, Tomas looked at Jase  deciding to ask whether or not the man could see what he actually was and the answer shall determine if his thought were accurate. "Um Jase could I ask you a question," Tomas asked the man in front of him. Jase who had heared the question responded by simply nodding, taking this as a positive Tomas proceeded to ask him if he could see what he actually was, Jase who had looked momentarily confused simply gazed upon Tomas's form before a look of shock passed his features but he quickly went back to his usual facial expression fast enough for it to be thought of as nothing, it was silent for a minute before he nodded saying Tomas' lower half was that of goats.

Jin couldn't help but be frozen in shock as thoughts whirled through his mind like a destructive hurricane, snapping out if his thoughts as he heard his name being called and looked up to see Jase his father in everything but blood and paper with tears in his eyes as he knew this was for Jin's sake. "I hope you get there safe kid and kick some monster butt for me as well," Jase said to Jin as he grabbed him in a tight hug before releasing him before telling Tomas to look after the kid he called his son.    

RP Example*: Weaving through the busy streets I pulled my jacket closer to me as I felt the harsh winds whip across my face as I ran in order to escape the police who were on my tail for some time now, turning a corner at high speeds I staggered forwards as I was nudged by something big from behind. Looking behind me I saw something I never thought real, it was a dog or, at least, I  thought it was as it was huge with menacing red eyes with fangs as thick as my forearm. "What the hell, did I turn into Narnia or something," I said to myself in disbelief at what I was seeing in front of me.
    Any notes about your characters: Has his right cartilage and ear lobes pierced and has a few tattoos of the grim reaper and the word sorrow written on his left pec in greek.

Last edited by Jinjaku on 2/22/2016, 3:38 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Jin Orihara-Daniels Empty Re: Jin Orihara-Daniels

Post by Kendall 12/9/2015, 2:07 pm

Akhlys would not be allowed, since some sources put her as a primordial goddess (and I think even in the books they stated she was?).

What kind of metal are his knives made of?

Abilities/Powers:
    - Since Akhlys ties in with what you have now, you're probably going to need to alter these depending on what new parent you choose.

LBC:
    - How many times was he adopted and returned to the orphanage?
    - Elaborate more on how he felt while he lived there. Had he been miserable going from place to place? Did he just stop caring after a while?
    - So his guardian was a con artist/thief? How and why did he decide to adopt/foster Jin?
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 12/9/2015, 2:11 pm

Hmm okay I'll change that then. thanks
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 12/9/2015, 2:16 pm

This is what it says here on this site on the Gods,Titans and nyphms page: Akhlys-Goddess of misery.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/9/2015, 2:21 pm

Yeah, but much of that information is either incomplete, incorrect (more rarely), or she's one of those gods whose origins come from conflicting stories. (We're working on a new updated list which should be up soon.) According to other sources like Theoi and the Riordan wiki she's a primordial goddess, and thus wouldn't be allowed.

Also, please don't double-post. Just edit your original comment/form using the Edit button in the top righthand corner of your post.
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 12/9/2015, 2:33 pm

Alright thanks and do you know any other goddess similar to akhlys?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/9/2015, 2:37 pm

Are you looking for powers similar to what you've put down? Controlling the "death mist" wouldn't be allowed anyway, but umbrakinesis could be possible with Hecate kids or sensing negative emotions with someone like Oizys (goddess of misery and woe)? Not too sure about the poison power since you haven't elaborated on what you mean by controlling it.
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 12/9/2015, 2:39 pm

Hmm thanks I'll reaserch oizys as I might use her
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 12/9/2015, 3:01 pm

Changed it hopefully there is no problems with this one xD
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/9/2015, 3:20 pm

As I said before, please don't double-post; just edit your post to add extra comments. (And only post when you change things, please, so we know we can recheck the form.) It is possible you can get an official warning if you continue.

Also.... I don't see any changes? Are you sure you submitted the edited version?
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 12/9/2015, 3:35 pm

I see what the problem was last time I didnt save the edited work
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/9/2015, 3:45 pm

You still need to tell me what metal his knives are made of -- and also should specify how many he usually has with him at once.

Abilities:
    - How far can he be at most from someone to detect their negative emotions?
    - Can he only detect certain emotions? Oizys is goddess of misery/woe, but not general anger and things like that.

Powers:
    - I'm going to say no to making people severely depressed/even suicidal, as that would be too far. You can make them gloomy and sad, like they'd just watched a bleak movie/saw something tragic happen, but not as far as you put down.
    - Also, you need to format your limits like so: his powers can last x posts, takes y posts to recharge, and he can use this z times per topic. (Since time doesn't always neatly fit into a topic, this would make it more specific.)
    - How can people resist this power?
    - How far can he be from a victim at most to use this power on them?

LBC:
    - To make this easier to read, please separate this into multiple paragraphs with at least a line skip between each. Text blocks hurt.
    - From what I can read: How had Jase managed to adopt Jin? Jin had run away from the orphanage and thus would be marked missing, so the police would be extremely suspicious that suddenly he had resurfaced with some shady man.
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 12/9/2015, 4:12 pm

Edited.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/9/2015, 7:00 pm

Since he's going to be fighting monsters, his knives should be Celestial bronze to have any effect on them at all.

Powers:
    - You didn't format the limits in number of posts; as I said before, time doesn't flow neatly or logically, so 5 minutes could mean anywhere from half a post to 10 posts depending on what kind of timeline the role-player is going for.
    - Add more ways for the target to resist.
    - Also, judging by your description of the power, there isn't any specific source of misery since it's just him influencing this factor? Unless the power makes them recall something really terrible.

LBC:
    - Honestly, the way Jase stole his clothes sounds fairly impossible. Especially if Jin had the bag of clothes on his back, he'd feel the weight leaving and probably hear something, like the crinkling of plastic or a zipper moving or such. This isn't Assassin's Creed.
    - Also, why would he trust Jase at all? He is a conman, after all, and for all Jin knew Jase would try to rob him or use him for some illegal scheme.
    - And again -- how is it possible Jase had adopted Jin? Even if he'd gotten the papers from the underground network thing, someone still would have suspected something was wrong when they went to file the paperwork? After all, missing posters of Jin might have popped up, someone might recognize him/Jase, etc. (It'd be a lot easier for them to just consider themselves father/son rather than trying to legally file the paperwork to do all this.)
    - How did Tomas the satyr come and save Jin from the hellhound? Had he killed it? How did he convince Jin to come with him?
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 12/10/2015, 12:57 pm

Edited hopefully to approval standards
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/10/2015, 1:58 pm

Powers:
    - Round up how long his power lasts to a whole number; fractions are also inconsistent.
    - Also, his cool down needs to be longer -- at least equal to or greater than how long the power lasts.
    - Having strong willpower in general would be good resistance -- applying your character as the willpower test wouldn't work since you could easily say your character is more strong-willed than the other person's character.

LBC:
    - No to Oizys sending the satyr and the knives to Jin. That isn't allowed and counts as contact with a god before camp. (Claiming outside of camp would not be preferred either.)
    - How large was the hellhound?
    - Also, can Jase see through the Mist? The Mist would have covered up his witnessing Jin using his powers.
    - It would also be very difficult, if not impossible, for Jase to be able to research Greek mythology and conclude it's real. Not only would the gods cover up such things with the Mist, but any demigods would make sure to erase many indicators that they were more than legends.
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 12/10/2015, 2:59 pm

Edited.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/10/2015, 7:03 pm

Powers:
    - You state his power can last for 1 post, but then in the limit section say it lasts for 5-6?
    - Add other ways to resist, like having strong willpower and being a child of another god of emotion (such as a god of happiness).

LBC:
    - As I said before, please keep this section divided up into different paragraphs for easier reading. (To be specific, please divide the hellhound attack into multiple paragraphs.)
    - Has Jin not almost been caught while learning under Jase?
    - If Jin's CB knives can return to his pocket after a certain time period, please make a note of this in his Weapons section.
    - I highly, highly doubt the satyr would have been able to knock a hellhound of that size out of the way -- and that Jin would have been able to kill it with throwing knives.
    - ... How much of the mythology/life of demigods had Tomas told Jin? Because it sounds like he couldn't explain much, especially much about the Mist, given that they were being attacked by a hellhound, so Jin concluding Jase is a "clear-sighted mortal" would be pretty much impossible.
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 2/21/2016, 9:14 am

Edited
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 2/22/2016, 9:02 am

Heya!

- Please add a cool down in posts for your power :)
    - You haven't added any ways to resist yet (eg having strong willpower, being the daughter of Gelos, Thalia, Euphrosyne, etc)

Don't have much more time but nice job on the form!
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 2/22/2016, 3:40 pm

Edited again.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/26/2016, 11:12 pm

LBC:
    - A hellhound the size of a 1-story building and about the width of a soccer pitch? As far as Google is willing to tell me, 1-storey buildings aren't very consistent in height (from 3m to 8m depending on building type) and FIFA regulations dictate fields should be around 100mx64m in size (unless you're referring to children's soccer fields, but the size would still make the hellhound's dimensions all weird). You should fix this and make it more specific and proportional.
    - Had the satyr been tracking Jin beforehand, or had he just stumbled upon him/was going after the hellhound?
    - So what other supernatural encounters had Jase had? Just seeing Jin using his power once wouldn't/shouldn't entirely convince him of Greek mythology's existence, nor would it explain who he's talking about (when he says "they" finally came for him).
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 2/27/2016, 5:29 am

The size of the hell hound is how Jin perceived it to be which was hugely exaggerated, because of his shock and fear of the hellhound. In reality it is probably like the size of a baby Elephant in height and width.
    Tomas has been tracking down Jin for a few weeks before finding him.
    Being clear-sighted, Jase has seen most types of monsters that have roamed the streets of London, obviously seeing it once wasn't enough to fully convince him, but after seeing them for some time after that he researched anything in relation to sightings of monsters that matched the ones he had seen and had spoken to the various people who had also experienced similar events. So because of this he took it upon himself to familirise himself with greek history, which later turned into a hobby of his.

Hope that answers your questions.

Last edited by Jinjaku on 3/5/2016, 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 3/5/2016, 6:54 am

Hey! Your form is almost perfect. I'd simply prefer it if you changed the hellhound size from full grown elephant to baby elephant, because a hellhound the size of an elephant wouldn't really be bothered by a few cb knives.
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 3/5/2016, 4:45 pm

Aight thanks just edited now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 8:52 am