A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Josh and me

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Josh and me Empty Josh and me

Post by Morgan Landry 12/28/2015, 2:30 pm

Shay was standing in the chariot, her peltast armor strapped over her clothes -- sturdy military pants and black top. Her hair was tied up into a silky ponytail and she had Lycra gloves on to protect her hands from the reins' friction. The daughter of the sunset Titan had set her horses into full gallop around the track, sending up a cloud of sand behind her as she made her way around the poles, half-bent, her biceps bulging under her skin as she kept the reins taught.
    A string of dummies was hanging between the two poles, all in Greek armour and of different height. As she started her second track, Shay slid one of her javelins out of the sheaths in her shield, released the reins with one hand, and threw the javelin at the first dummy. Stomach. Wiping the sand out of her eyes and keeping the horses in control with her other hand, she grabbed the second javelin, aimed, and threw. With a thwack! it hit the shoulder.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male
    Number of posts : 3580
    Registration date : 2012-08-07

Josh and me Empty Re: Josh and me

Post by Josh 1/3/2016, 10:27 pm

Leo had heard word of a demi-titan down in the stables, as one does. Demi-titans around camp were a kind of celebrity, however, they were more infamous. They most certainly didn't have a good reputation, albeit, the more experienced ones around camp didn't exactly give people a good reason to give them a good name... Stella for example, or Robert... So, when he heard of a female demi-titan down by the stables, he took his chances and went for a look. Naturally, he had assumed, or hoped, it was Shay. Simply because she was the only other demi-titan he had had chance to get to know, after fighting off a minor goddess together... And, he could eliminate the more infamous ones as they never stuck around camp, they were always off somewhere, so that reduced the numbers.

So, as he looked over across the race track, he was pleased to see that he was right. There was Shay racing around, with her preferred spears again launching them at the target dummies. Leo moved towards the fence along the straights on the track and climbed up on it. Shay was on the opposite side of the track, but racing around. Thus, he had time. It took the little man time anyway, it was actually an effort to climb up onto the fence, he couldn't just swing himself on like others could. However, he was eventually up, and so he swung his little legs over the edge. His legs were covered in black shorts at the moment which went a little bit further than his knees, leading up to the white t-shirt he was wearing, with a short sleeved blue shirt over that, which hung just below the waist, and thus hung over the back of the fence.

By this point, Shay was coming around his side, and she'd been launching her spears with ferocious accuracy. To which Leo exclaimed, "Bravo my dear." as he applauded her along. One could wonder why Leo chose to sit on the fence though, it wasn't exactly safe, but he had faith that Shay wasn't going to launch a spear his way, or crash into him. Besides, if it appeared that way, as long as Leo reacted fast enough, he could change events.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/4/2016, 6:24 pm

She heard the noise and turned on reflex with the intention to fire-- but it was Leo. Shay pulled on the reins so hard the leather seemed to cut into her skin. The horses reared. Forcing them into an abrupt halt, she finally lowered her javelin.

"You should be more careful, boy. I could've killed you."

The dwarf was wearing summer clothes, his curls shining in the sunlight. He seemed in good mood. Why was he always in such a good mood? Every time she saw him he was either whistling, singing or laughing, it was a real puzzle.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 1/7/2016, 3:37 pm

Ah, just as stern as last time. Leo smiled to himself, and then to reply to her he said, "My dear. I'm sure by now you're well aware that it would be slightly more difficult for you to kill me through such an action as that. My reflexes aren't that bad you know." He added a cocky grin and a raise of the eyebrow on the last bit.

"Plus, I only merely came down to observe, you didn't need to stop for little ole me." He laughed and continued to swing on the fence in front of her. She looked perplexed to him, and he was curious as to what was confusing her. Was it his presence? His attire? His attitude? He couldn't be sure, but didn't feel the need to ask. Instead, he just waited to see how she'd react, whether she'd continue her practice or not.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/11/2016, 9:32 am

"I totally could kill you," Shay replied though smiled a little. The dwarf was endearing sometimes, he reminded her of a tiny bee bumbling around whistling tunes. But she knew he could be a feisty little thing as well, capable of razor-sharp remarks. Stroking the head of one of her horses, she looked at Leo. "Ever done a chariot race?" she asked.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 1/14/2016, 6:36 pm

Leo laughed, "If you say so, my dear, but I think I have advantages over you too."

And then he sighed when she asked about the chariot race. He knew where this was going, he wasn't dumb. She was going to challenge him to a chariot race. He hopped down onto the track in front of her. "Now, Shay, look at me. Do I honestly look like I could take control of those horses? Maybe shetland ponies, but I think I may struggle to have proper control over the fine horses you have under your control. My height does not exactly benefit me here. And before you disagree, I've never ridden nor steered a horse, so I wouldn't have a clue how."

Leo wanted to say that it was one of the few times his height put him at a disadvantage, but the truth was, his height put him at that disadvantage an awful, it restricted him from a lot of things, well, not so much restricted, but hindered him.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/15/2016, 6:13 am

Shay shrugged. "You could stand on a crate," she suggested. In Seattle she didn't really have a lot of occasions to race in a chariot. There she had rather been trained to ride pegasi or drive one of those war forklifts they had used during the battle against Polybotes. She had to say she rather enjoyed being in an ancient Greek chariot and steering it, even if it was uncomfortable as hell.

Her javelins reappeared in her shield with a shimmer and she stabbed them into the ground. "Do you want to try though?" She asked, jerking her chin at her own chariot. This didn't need to be a race, he could simply stand in her chariot while she drove it around the poles. There was something very powerful about steering two horses at full gallop.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 6:02 am