A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Good to Great

Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Good to Great Empty Good to Great

Post by Belle 4/18/2016, 1:23 am

Dominika had been sitting on the sandy beach. It was quarter to five, and most people had left for the day. Perfect time to sit by the water and just read. For Christmas her mom had given her a late present a day before she left. It was a genuine thought, but also kind of funny. Her mom gave her a box of self help books, for any problems that may occur while she wasn't home. It was a way to make up for not being there very often. It wasn't the best gift, but she appreciated the gesture. Either way, she decided to read one of them today. This one oddly enough was called 'Good to Great' by Jim Collins.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Good to Great Empty Re: Good to Great

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/18/2016, 4:52 am

Exy was swearing up a storm as he paced along the beach. He had yet again seen Maddy with Miles and was beating himself up over not dating her since their night out with Alice at the rave a while back. He would give anything to be distracted. Oh wait, whats that? An innocent victim on the beach? Perfect! Collecting himself he walked over and winced a little as Lancelot landed on his shoulder. Hope you didn't hear any of that. Mind if I sit? The Brit asked as he sat down in the sand next to her.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 4/18/2016, 5:35 am

Dominika had been invested in the book, oddly enough. She didn't expect interesting facts to be brought up in these self help books, she took the box to be respectful to her mother. After all she finally woke up after all those years, and the daughter of Jupiter didn't want to miss out on that again. She heard a British accent following with someone sitting beside her.

With a small sigh the book was closed for the time being and she looked over to the boy sitting beside her. She looked over at the person who had now sat fairly close to her. It took everything in her to not move away out of reflex. She wasn't used to being in close proximity to people, but she was slowly learning to get used to it.

"By the sounds of it, you're having a peachy time." She said slightly mused in her Russian accent. She had picked up on a few swear that he had been saying, but didn't get it much thought. Just usually people had a reason to pace and curse. "If I'm being honest, I do mind, but not enough to be bothered." She said. Honesty was always a virtue of the blonde's although sometimes you could argue that it was a negative trait.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/18/2016, 5:39 am

Exy smirked. Well just let me know when i become a bother and I'll dash. I'm Exy by the way. He smiled and Lancelot moved from his shoulder to the knee closest to the demigod as the son of Hermes crossed his legs. It hurt slightly but with the hawk always hanging out around and on him things like this were starting to become more normal than they probably should be.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 4/18/2016, 1:17 pm

The daughter of Jupiter took note of the bird that was hanging around the boy who introduced himself as Exy. That was a strange name, and she assumed that perhaps it was a nickname for another name. Besides she wasn't one to talk. Her name wasn't that common and had a different kind of spelling. "Oh you'll know when I don't want you around." She said with a bit of a cold tone and looked over to him again. "I'm Dominika, but I prefer to go by Nika." She said in a more relaxed tone. She wasn't one for conversations much, but again she was trying. "So how long have you been at camp for?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/18/2016, 1:28 pm

Exy chuckled when she said he would know if she was annoyed with him. It's nice to meet you Nika. I haven't been at camp long, probably only a year or so. What about you? He asked. Checking to make sure the coast was clear he pulled out a flask and took a swig of Captain Morgan. He had bartered some from one of the Dionysus kids and was relieved to have it. Then, in a stroke of being polite, he held out the flask to Nika to see if she wanted any as well.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 4/18/2016, 1:43 pm

Nodding in acknowledgment she spoke up again, "Well, it'll be a year at the start of July. For Camp Jupiter that is." She stated, for the most part, Greeks didn't care if you were Roman. It was more so some of the old fashioned Roman's would care if you were Greek. The blonde learned that from experience, through one of her friend Leandra. When she saw the flask being handed up, she almost shot daggers at the guy. She didn't simply just take drinks from others, not after that one horrid party. Either way, he had just taken a drink out of it, it couldn't be bad. Grabbing the flask she took a swig to find out what the beverage of choice was. A type of rum, not bad. "At least you have better stuff than they do at the New Rome parties, they hand crap for beer, and Americans get wasted off of it fast. Such weak drinking tolerance." She said with a small chuckle and handed the flask back. Dominika was fairly sure that she could be on par with the Bacchus kids in drinking if she really tried, but the end of the day they would beat her, because well look at who their father was. "So, I noticed you have an accent too. Let me guess you're from Europe somewhere?" She asked keen on knowing the answer. She was sure he was British, but she had to know for sure.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/18/2016, 1:49 pm

Exy chuckled at the remark about the sh!t beer they served at Camp Jupiter. Taking another swig and spinning the cap back on the flask he set it on the ground in case she, or even himself, would want more. Then she mentioned his accent. Was born in London, England in the sh!ts with mum and her man Dean. You're Russian yeah? He asked unscrewing the flask and taking another deep swig. Thankfully he had a few other bottles stored around various places at camp, all of which Lancelot could carry, so if this one ran out there was always another.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 4/18/2016, 3:13 pm

After hearing that he was indeed British a smirk came across her face. She had finally been able to pin point accents a bit better. He asked if she was Russian and she nodded, "Was born in America, but my mother moved back to Russia before I was even one." She said shrugging her shoulders a bit and grabbed the flask one more time. It wasn't the greatest rum out there, but she could definitely say that it was better than beer. Being stereotypical, vodka was ten times better. She took a long drink, and set it back down again. "So, why the cussing earlier?" She asked wondering if he'd actually answer her about it or just play it off as nothing.

Last edited by Belle on 4/18/2016, 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I saw a typo lol)
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/18/2016, 8:07 pm

That struck a little bit of a nerve. Running a hand through his hair and scratching the back of his neck he gave a slight chuckle. So you did hear that. Let's just say I should have done something a while back and now I'm beating myself up about it. He admitted, not wanting to talk about the fact that it was a girl and that he was being a jealous teen.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 4/18/2016, 8:38 pm

Sighing softly, she figured it would be best not to pry at this. He seemed a little agitated by the question and it was likely something he wouldn't want to talk about. "Maybe, if it puts you through that trouble, you should let it go for now, and dare I say move on from the issue at hand." She said more of a suggestion than anything. Dominika wasn't sure if that'd be pushing any boundaries, but she really didn't know what else to say.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/18/2016, 9:16 pm

Exy gave a half smile to Nika. Thanks Nika. He said truly thankful for advice and help. His siblings weren't the best people to go to for help with relationships and things like that but Nika seemed pretty cool. So what brings you to Camp Half Blood anyways? You said you were from Jupiter right, the Romans not know how to party or something. He said with a small laugh. The son of Hermes was making conversation and a joke rather than throwing shade, something he figures Nika would pick up on.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 4/18/2016, 9:31 pm

Once being asked why she was at Camp Half-blood, she sighed a little. "Well, turns out I have more friends here than I do at my own camp, so I'm here visiting some friends, attending meetings they want Roman representatives at. Nothing extravagant." She said and chuckled thinking about to the not knowing how to party comment. With a half smile she replied to that, "Actually New Rome knows how to party, they just don't know how to have good alcohol, the stuff that'll actually mess you up." The girl said and looked off to the water in the distance. This was nice. It was different, but it was nice. An actual conversation that was flowing nicely. It was hard to believe how far she had come in that sense. Almost a year ago, she'd glare at anyone who sat remotely close to her let alone talk to her.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/18/2016, 9:42 pm

Well I may have to visit New Rome then for a party, compare it to the raves I go to in NYC with a few friends. Then it hit him. How rude it was to talk about a rave and not invite, or at least offer, Nika. Would you be interested in going to one? A rave. Alice and I are going to head into town tonight with one other person probably and your welcome to tag along. He offered running a hand through his short hair before using a forefinger to brush out Lancelots feathers.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 4/18/2016, 10:06 pm

Truth be told, Dominika didn't go to many parties. She had been to a few in New Rome and that was most of the ones she had been to. When Exy brought up a rave in New York City with some friends he had also brought up he was going to one tonight and she was welcome to tag along. A rave sounded intense and she wasn't sure what to expect. She felt kind of stupid, but she didn't have time to think before she blurted it out. "I've never been to a rave.. what are they like?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/19/2016, 2:32 am

Chuckling he shrugged. Depends on who you go with and where it's at. Alice and I are heading to a back woods one at an abandoned barn. Theres plenty of Alcohol and Alice calls in her drug dealer friends to get her some good stuff so they'll probably be there to deal with her and other mortals. I usually go for the booze. He admitted as Lancelot flew off with the flask in his talons. Exy groaned and laid in the sand. I hate that pr!k sometimes.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 4/19/2016, 3:07 am

Listening to the amount of information that Exy gave about it, she took it into consideration a bit more. Drugs wasn't really something that she would go for. Alcohol was one thing, but drugs was a complete no in her mind. "Well, I don't know." She said mumbling a bit under her breath as she gave more thought to it. Dominika never went to something like it before, and she wasn't sure for an introvert such as herself if it was the right step to take for this particular moment. It'd take some convincing. "It's kind of funny." She said in response to the bird flying away with the flask.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/19/2016, 4:32 am

He's just a jerk is what he is. Exy said shutting his eyes and resting hands behind his head as he laid in the sand. Remembering that he almost always went swimming he made sure to wear his trunks on and just a normal tank top. With the high sun in the sky he was getting warm but not unbearable.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 4/21/2016, 11:30 pm

The daughter of Jupiter got up from her spot in the sand. Holding her book close to her, she looked down at the boy, "Thanks for the offer on the uh, rave, but I'll pass. I should get going now though. It was nice to meet you." She said with a small wave and turned on her heel and left.

(Figured I'd just end it there.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 3:29 pm