A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Daughter of Wine

The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Daughter of Wine Empty Daughter of Wine

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/9/2016, 3:41 am

Daughter of Wine Efqlbk
    Name: Gamzee Matuna
    Eyes: green
    Hair: dirty blonde
    Height: 5’7”
    Body Type: lean
    Skin Color: normal white skin tone
    God Parent: Dionysus
    Mortal Parent: Taniya Matuna
    Country of Origin: USA
    Pets: Female Gypsy horse named Cloud
    Spoiler:
    Talents: Gamzee speaks both English and Japansese thanks to her mother and she’s also a killer gymnast. From growing up on a farm all her life Gamzee is also a pretty good equestrian.
    Weapon**: Twin swords that can be joined together to form a sort of Darth Maul like weapon. Each sword has a 3.5" hilt as well as a blade that is 20" in length, the blades are made out of Celestial Bronze.
    Spoiler:
    Personality: Gamzee loves to flirt and have a good time, but to her that does include smoking and maybe some recreational drugs as well. She loves to go out and party with the other campers as well as some of her mortal friends but oddly enough, she can’t keep a relationship that’ll last very well. She likes to flirt around which doesn’t really help with the whole idea of her not being able to keep a relationship but the teen works it and loves it all the same. No thanks to living on the farm for as long as she has, the teen has various scars and bruises on her arms and legs because of the animals and getting thrown from her horse and the new ones.
    Flaws: smokes, drinks alcohol like its water, scars on various parts of her body from working at the farm, sort of a hopeless romantic but will still flirt and hook up with people, Gamzee is also a pretty jealous person when it comes to seeing a happy and well off couple as well as when she see's an ex in a happy relationship.
    Abilities (must relate to god parent; optional): Cannot get drunk and drink alcohol without any of the side effects of drinking the liquid. Telepathy with leopards, goats and donkeys. Knows how to make and what is in every kind of mixed drink there is out there as long as she’s seen it once.
    Powers (must relate to god parent; optional):
    Vines-For four posts Gamzee can control grape vines up to twenty feet in length and only from her position where she’s standing. These vines can be cut like any other vines but have the grip of a steel trap and she must wait ten posts before using them again. Gamzee has to be standing within twenty feet of the vines, she can just control them up to that length.
    Madness-For a total of three posts Gamzee can give a single person the mind of a mad man. Think Joker insane and that’s what she can inflict on people. The only way to do this is my touching them so simply avoid her touch and you’ll be good, either that or have a strong enough will to avoid going bat sh!t crazy. Must wait seven posts before oing this again.
    Hangover-Once a topic Gamzee can cure any feeling or symptoms of being hungover on a single person person.
    Life Before Camp*: With a stepfather who worked for the CIA and a mother who was an artist who traveled often, Gamzee was often at her grandparent’s house growing up. Her Nana and Pawpaw were grape-wine growers and seasoned equestrians so you can only imagine that they taught Gamzee everything they knew about both. She started equestrian training at about six on one of the Shire Horses and once she was old enough her Nana introduced her to a Gypsy horse that was a little younger than she was.  From that time the two were inseparable but once she reached thirteen the young teen started to visit the farm less-and-less but would go out and party with her friends. That was about the time she met a girl named Claire. Claire was visiting from Canada and the girls hit it off right away. Meeting at a party no less the girls danced and drank the night into a legendary party, Gamzee was anything but drunk of even tipsy. At fifteen she realized that no matter how much she drank there was no way for her to ever get tipsy. The teen went on to brag to Claire and the Canadian who seemed rather intrigued. They chatted for a while and introduced her to one of her friends from a summer camp which she claimed was full of parties. That summer she attended with her mother not really caring so long as she stayed out of trouble. From that moment on Gamzee began attending the camp full time as a daughter of Dionysus and loved her half sister deeply.
    RP Example*: n/a
    Any notes about your characters: FC is Ke$ha in 2010-sih

Last edited by The Cheshire Cat on 5/14/2016, 9:17 am; edited 4 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Daughter of Wine Empty Re: Daughter of Wine

Post by Kendall 5/9/2016, 5:40 pm

Did she bring her horse with her to camp, or did she just sort of unofficially adopt one from the stables?

Flaws:
    - How often does she smoke?
    - How visible are these scars? Is she insecure about them?

Powers:
    - Gonna say no to the eye color change.
    - Cooldown for her first power?
    - How thick are the vines?
    - How far away could she be at most from vines in order to manipulate them?
    - Reduce the duration of the madness power.
    - Add more ways to resist.
    - You're also missing a cooldown here too.

LBC:
    - So Claire's friend/whoever told her about camp just convinced Gamzee to go to CHB by claiming it was full of parties? Did they explain much/anything about the demigod thing?
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/9/2016, 10:02 pm

-brought the horse

-she smokes like a pack a day be it either in actual cigarettes or her ecig

-some are more visible than others because some are fresher than others, she's only insecure about the ones that are clearly visible but she tries to hide her insecurities.

-Yes to the convincing way and no the the demigod thing. Gamzee was fifteen at the time and parties were her life, that's why she was all for going to camp, it was a new place to party
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Post by Kwacken 5/9/2016, 10:35 pm

If she cannot get tispy no matter how much she drinks, why is drinking alcohol like it's water a flaw? It obviously wouldn't affect her liver if it isn't being absorbed into her blood stream.

This double ended sword - I am assuming you're talking like Darth Maul from Phantom Menace, right? That would be one hell of a heavy sword to try to fight with, an extremely large character blessed with strength would probably be able to handle it, but an average strength demigod? Might want to make it a little big smaller to be easier to handle.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/9/2016, 10:45 pm

-The sword isn't that big, its fit to her size and strength. She worked on a farm a lot so she has a decent amount of muscle but its full body so she doesn't look it but actually is pretty strong. Her build is based off mine in a way. I don't look as strong as I am because it's full body.

EDITED
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/9/2016, 11:00 pm

Give me dimensions on the sword as well as what the handle is like.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/9/2016, 11:07 pm

The handle would be about a foot long and fit nicely in her palm but extends about an inch or two longer to give a shelf-like appearance. The sword itself is about three and a half feet in length i guess. I don't know, i don't know a whole lot about sword dimensions. I'm also taking out the spring loaded sword thing because it wouldn't make sense so instead of that it's going to be able to be twin swords that will turn into one large sword exactly like Maul's
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/11/2016, 3:50 am

Three and a half feet per blade or three and a half feet total?
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/11/2016, 4:22 am

I dont know. I guess so. Haha. What should it be? i mean they are individua blades that can get put together.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/14/2016, 5:55 am

Okay, so, for a Darth Maul-ish type dual blade, it would need to have a three feet per blade and roughly two feet in the middle.

That would weigh around 4 kilos made of Bronze, which is actually the lightest of the metals to make swords out of.

8.8lbs CAN be wielded, but slowly, and your arms will get tired really fast. Try swinging an 8lbs barbell around for a solid 5 minutes and see how your arm feels.

I would recommend a foot and a half each per blade, with two foot in the middle. It would still be heavy, like 2.5k, but it would be manageable. She wouldn't be fast with it, but it would be manageable.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/14/2016, 7:25 am

One Sword
    Hilt= 3.5"
    Blade= 20"

I just looked up lengths of typical swords here so this is what I've come up with. I used the base stats for the sword XIV type.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/14/2016, 8:40 am

The problem is 3.5" is fine for one hand, but you'd have no room for maneuverability with both hands so close together.

Most two-handed long swords had between 16-24 inches, depending in the blade length.

If she has fairly small hands, 6" hilt per sword would work.

That would put the size at 52" total. In comparison, the two-handed great sword was a 39" blade with a 16" hilt, and it weighed in at just about 3kg.

So that would work, but she would get tired very quickly trying to fight with a sword the same size as one that made professional warriors wary.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/14/2016, 8:45 am

The swords are more for single usage rather than the joint one. I planned on making the double ended sword for show or when theres a lot of people close by and she knows she can't use the singles. It's more of like a last resort.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/14/2016, 8:52 am

Alright, fair enough then
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/14/2016, 8:54 am

So approved?
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/14/2016, 8:56 am

Not until you put the dimensions of the swords (and their metals) in your form.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/14/2016, 9:17 am

EDITED
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female