A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Meeting Chiron

Psyroflux
    Psyroflux

Male
    Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2016-05-05

Meeting Chiron Empty Meeting Chiron

Post by Psyroflux 5/9/2016, 8:32 pm

I knock on the door to the office, waiting for a response.

Last edited by Psyroflux on 5/10/2016, 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Meeting Chiron Empty Re: Meeting Chiron

Post by Kendall 5/10/2016, 12:11 am

Chiron glanced up at the door at the sound of the knock, pen paused mid-letter on the envelope he was addressing to a friend of his. "Yes, come in."
    Psyroflux
    Psyroflux

Male

Post by Psyroflux 5/10/2016, 9:30 am

I enter and come sit down, "I was told to see you by Mr. Acon, I just came here from Fort Erie." I let out a long sigh. "I'm sorry but could you explain what's happening, my teacher just took me on a road trip to here and from what I can tell it was because my friend was some kind of snake monster." I massage my temples with my fingers, trying to console myself.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/10/2016, 10:58 am

"Acon, hm?" Chiron nodded to himself, tapping the pen on his desktop as he thought for a moment. He could show the boy the orientation video, but he wasn't sure how much or little he already knew -- thanks to Acon or his mortal parent. "Yes, he told me to expect you -- or at least something. What has he told you so far?"
    Psyroflux
    Psyroflux

Male

Post by Psyroflux 5/10/2016, 1:18 pm

I tap the cane against the floor, thinking. "He said that this place was for kids like me, he called them demigods. Isn't that like Hercules and Perseus though?" I turn my head quizzically.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/10/2016, 1:25 pm

"Yes, that is true. But the gods -- Roman and Greek, Egyptian, Norse -- are very real and still have children today. You are one of them, and most likely Greek at that." Chiron put down his pen and leaned back in his wheelchair, drumming his fingers on the armrest as he regarded the boy. No obvious traits that might indicate he was any particular god's child, but he was sure he'd be claimed soon enough. "This is a place called Camp Half Blood, where demigods come to train under the protection of our camp borders, away from the threat of monsters from the outside world. I myself was a teacher to many famous Greek heroes you may know. Magic abounds, a thing called the Mist shields mortals from knowing about monsters and demigods in general. May I ask if you have a mother or a father at home? Perhaps they may know something of this, sometimes the gods tell their mortal lovers of our world."
    Psyroflux
    Psyroflux

Male

Post by Psyroflux 5/10/2016, 3:18 pm

My eyes open wide in shock, "My-My Dad, oh god he doesn't know what happened! I need to let him know." I grab my phone, I stare at it in disappointment, finding I have no service. "Oh damn, do you have a phone I could use, one of his biggest fears is me getting hurt on my own...now that I know about all this, he may have had a right to be overprotective." I run my hands through my hair thinking about all the times I yelled at him for keeping me inside and away from others. "I feel so bad, I always got angry with him for being overprotective. I wouldn't be surprised if he knows about this, he's practiced witchcraft and a lot of gods and monsters were involved in that."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/10/2016, 4:18 pm

Chiron pondered for a moment, then shook his head. "Phones usually should not be used, especially by a demigod; it sends signals to monsters in the area, which will attract them to you. Even in the borders of camp it's not recommended, although some people do still get service somehow. We'll have to let your father know another way, but I'm not sure he'd take it well at first if your god parent told him nothing about herself -- I'm assuming your mother is a goddess, if he is your biological father." 

He pulled open a drawer of his desk and rummaged through, finding two gold drachmas which he took and deposited on top of his envelope. "We'll have to use Iris Message -- it's a godly form of messaging, basically, like Skype. Whatever that is. Regardless, to do this we make a rainbow using regular mist and pray to the goddess Iris to show you a certain person, such as: 'Oh Iris, goddess of the Rainbow, please accept my offering. Show me so and so.' Deposit one of these gold coins, a drachma, into said rainbow, and you should be able to contact your father. Would you like to try yourself, or shall I do this?"
    Psyroflux
    Psyroflux

Male

Post by Psyroflux 5/10/2016, 5:18 pm

I laugh, "If he's not my biological dad, then pigs can fly." I then raise my eyebrows, "After seeing a goat legged man and a snake woman, there definitely could be." I shrug my shoulders, "Eh, Das ist Egal. You know what I'm saying."

I grab one of the coins, analysing its Grecian design. "I'll do it, sounds like a neat way to send messages. So Ho will he get the call, will it just appear in front of him or will it go to somewhere else?" I flip the coin in the air absent mindedly.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/10/2016, 6:03 pm

"It will appear in front of him as a sort of hologram -- but tell him to be cautious, or to go to a quiet, private place if he is in public. The magical Mist, which the goddess Hecate controls, may hide your call from prying eyes, but I have no idea what it may appear as and what mortals will do if it takes on a rather... unsavory form." Chiron shrugged, gesturing outside of the Big House to a large green hose laying haphazardly in the grass. One of Dionysus' kids had been watering some flowers outside, but seemed to have forgotten about putting it away properly before heading off. "There is a time limit of, say, five minutes. Take the second coin just in case you need to speak longer."
    Psyroflux
    Psyroflux

Male

Post by Psyroflux 5/10/2016, 10:30 pm

OOC: Is this where it ends or are we continuing after the Iris Message

I laugh, "An unsavoury form, that doesn't sound ominous." I walk towards the door but turn around before I leave, "By the way, thank you. For all your help."
    I leave the big house and make my way over to the green house, using a stick to prop up the hose in order to make a rainbow, a trick I learned as a little kid.

"Oh Iris, Goddess of Rainbows, please accept this offering and show me my father, Noah Ren."

The rainbow flickers and shifts into a view of my father sulking in the garden. He's pacing around, eyes red.

"Dad!"

He turns and notices the apparition, "Oh gods, Matthias, what happened? You aren't hurt are you?!"

Matthias was surprised at his fathers nonchalantness about the randomly appearing vision, "No, no, I'm fine. Just a little shaken up that's all. How are you not weirded out by all this?" He gestured to the message portal.

Noah laughed, now relived that his son was okay. "I've been around the block with magic, even the more
    visible types. Not all of its the potions and sigils that I've shown you. Now, tell me what's happened."

Matthias looked at him quizically, but continued. "That makes this easier then. My friend Emily, remember her, it turned out she was a monster, Mr. Acon called her a Lamia, By the way, he's a satyr; Emily had attacked me and Mr. Acon saved my life. He's taken me here, it's a place called camp half blood in Long Island. He said its for people like me, he called me a Demigod. You know anything about that?"

Noah frowned and took off his glasses, "Well I wanted to tell you at some point but... Just... go..." Noah's image fizzled a little.

"Dad?" Matthias realised that the call must have run out of time, he threw another drachma in, the image became clear again. "Say that again, the message dropped out."

Noah laughed again, Matthias liked that he was laughing, "It's fine, it's easy to lose time doing this. I was saying that I wanted to tell you, but I was concerned on whether or not you'd believe me. You may have thought I was just crazy, but I'm guessing you'll understand now. Back in my twenties, when I worked with the circus as a fortune teller, I met a woman. She was beautiful and asked for me to read her fortune, the cards I pulled all told of having immense power and such. I quickly realised who she was, Hecate the goddess of magic. I bowed in reverence, but she told me that's not what she came here for, she wanted to be courted by me. She said she found my abilities interesting. I was more than happy to oblige, she was wonderful. I truly loved her."

"What happened?"

"She couldn't stay, it's against the rules. I conceived you with her and after your birth, she told me that she must go. I understood. She told me that you would encounter danger in your life, but eventually you would find safety. It appears that time has come."

Matthias smiled, he knew now that he had a mom. All he had been told of her is that she had to leave when he was born, but now he knew that it wasn't her choice. "Thank you dad, I'll be sure to call you again some time, but for now, I have to organise things. I love you."

"I love you too Matthias, talk soon."

With that, Matthias walked back to the big house.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/11/2016, 10:47 am

[ooc: If you want to continue it here, we certainly can -- just have him waltz in and say something to Chiron. I don't think he's gotten a full explanation of everything anyway.]
    Psyroflux
    Psyroflux

Male

Post by Psyroflux 5/11/2016, 1:45 pm

I return to Chrions office, obviously more upbeat than earlier, "Well, that went a lot easier than I expected it to. Apparently he knows a lot about this stuff." I sit down in front of the desk. "My mother, you mentioned her earlier, Hecate, he told me about her. Before she left, she told him that I would be in danger, but I would find safety."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/11/2016, 7:32 pm

"Did he now? That's good." Chiron nodded to himself, satisfied that he didn't need to delve so much into the boy's family history to figure out what was going on. "Yes, Hecate is the Greek goddess of magic; she has a cabin here at camp for you to move in to, if you have any belongings you need to put away. You'll meet many half-siblings within the next few weeks, most of whom I'm sure will be more than willing to help you hone your skills -- or powers, should you have any -- and show you the ropes. For now, however, do you have any other questions? I will find someone to give you a tour of camp when our meeting is over."
    Psyroflux
    Psyroflux

Male

Post by Psyroflux 5/11/2016, 8:37 pm

I smile at that, "Half siblings huh, this is exciting! Well I guess were done here unless you need to tell me anything else."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/12/2016, 2:42 pm

"Hmm." Chiron thought a moment, scratching his cheek as he tried to recall what the old orientation video talked about. He hadn't used the thing in months, but he felt like he still remembered the drone of the instructor in his ears. "Right. No disbelief or awe at the existence of the gods, you will learn much of the mythology just by interacting with people here. A warning to you, however, before you're taken on a tour of camp: Beware of monsters in the outside world, and even the few that lurk in the camp's forests; like your friend, they may often be disguised by the Mist. Even children of Hecate, the goddess who controls the Mist, can be fooled easily. Monsters can range simply from shaggy black dogs the size of cars called hellhounds, to dragons, to storm spirits. There are many guides to monsters in the library, so be sure to look at it when you have the chance. They can be attracted a number of ways, such as by using cell phones or having too many demigods in one place. Keep yourself safe. Find a weapon to use as soon as possible and concentrate on honing your skills with said weapon and any powers you may develop; do not think of going back out of the camp's borders without one or two well-trained friends until then."

[ooc: I have a son of Hecate we could use for the tour, or you can try finding someone via RP Invites if you want.]
    Psyroflux
    Psyroflux

Male

Post by Psyroflux 5/12/2016, 5:39 pm

OOC: Yeah, using your character sounds good. Let's go with that.

I laugh at that, "My father told me about how he and Hecate met, he was reading tarot cards, he's a witch, and that's how he raised me. He was big into the Greek pantheon, so the existence of gods doesn't really surprise me. Ive always been a fan of Pan." I tap my staff on the ground, "Oh and don't worry about the weapon, Acon gave me his. Said I'd probably need it." I grasp the top of the cane and hold it as a sword. "Now what was the word. Kritzee, krimpee. Oh! Krivoivee." The cane changes to a sharp black rapier, with an artistic guard.

"Regardless of that, I'll make sure to be careful. I don't know much about swordplay, so I'm probably more liable to hurt myself over a target." I laugh
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/14/2016, 7:59 pm

"Plenty of older campers would be willing to help you with that," Chiron replied with a nod of his head. 

With that, there was a knock at the door and a blond boy a little younger than Matt walked in carrying a bundle of ancient-looking scrolls tied together with twine. It smelled rather musty, as if they had been sitting in a dark room to collect dust for years. "Sorry to bother you, sir," the boy said to him with a nod, "but you said you wanted these in your office as soon as possible."

"Aah yes -- perfect timing. Lay them down on the side table by that bookshelf, thank you." Chiron gestured from Matt to the other boy, introducting them: "Archer, this is your new half-brother Matthias; he has just arrived at camp today. Would you be so kind as to give him a tour of camp? If you can't that's perfectly fine, I know I may have been asking a bit much of you already by asking you to sort through those scrolls in the library."

Archer regarded Matthias for a second over his shoulder as he laid down his bundle, before turning back to Chiron with a shrug and a sniffle from the dust. "Nah, it's fine. I'll take 'im -- I have time. Does he have any stuff he needs to set down first in the cabin?"
    Psyroflux
    Psyroflux

Male

Post by Psyroflux 5/15/2016, 10:04 am

I give a sarcastic smile and shake my head, "Nope, that's all back at Fort Erie. For now all I have is what's on me." I change my sword back into a cane, tapping it on the floor a few times. "So, you ready to head out?"
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/16/2016, 7:33 pm

"Sure. You wanna go eat at the Mess Hall first? Unless you want to go straight into the tour. Lunchtime rush died down a while ago." Archer dusted off his bright orange camp t-shirt, mentally cursing the boxes and boxes of old scrolls and books he'd had to sort through in a backroom in the library looking for "dark magic" or whatever dangerous spells. Apparently camp had amassed quite a collection from old campers and other godly servants, but sometimes the more dangerous or complicated ones would end up in the wrong hands, whatever... so Chiron needed to start combing through and sending back the bad ones to the Olympian library or whatever.
    Psyroflux
    Psyroflux

Male

Post by Psyroflux 5/18/2016, 10:56 am

My stomach growls audibly at the mention of food, my cheeks blush, "Yeah, food sounds really good after not eating for almost a day." I laugh, "Let's head out then."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/18/2016, 3:04 pm

"Alrighty then. See you later, Chiron." With that, Archer turned and, motioning for Matthias to follow, walked out the door and towards the Mess Hall as Chiron waved goodbye to the duo.

[ooc: Do you want to start the Mess Hall topic, or should I? Unless you want to skip that part and go straight into a tour, in which case I'll start a topic in the cabin courtyard/general Commons Area.]
    Psyroflux
    Psyroflux

Male

Post by Psyroflux 5/18/2016, 10:54 pm

OOC:Lets just jump to the tour actually, I dont know why I said lets go to the mess hall it is a mystery
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/22/2016, 5:27 pm

[ooc: We can just pretend they went. Sorry for the delay, I've been a bit busy.

Here's the topic: http://www.camphalfblood.org/t23767-a-tour-of-camp-private#1237277]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 8:18 am