A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Daughter of the Fleet Feet

BiBlonde
    BiBlonde

Female
    Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2016-06-05

Daughter of the Fleet Feet Empty Daughter of the Fleet Feet

Post by BiBlonde 6/5/2016, 9:50 pm

Daughter of the Fleet Feet 4cb6dde4b64308fff7f4f685fdb4510a

Name: Kyleen Justice Smith

Eyes: One green eye and one dark blue eye.

Hair: Bleach blonde hair that is cut short with a dramatic bob angled down in the front.

Height: 5’7"

Body Type: She is lean with a more athletic build and pretty flat chested, also lacking in hips.

Skin Color: Slightly tanned.

God Parent: Hermes

Mortal Parent: Cassandra Johnson (mother), and Hank Johnson (stepdad.) Kyleen took her mother's maiden name because she believs it to be her real name, she won't take the name Johnson because to her it is only a name that married into her family.

Country of Origin: United States of America

Pets: None

Talents: Climbing . From the forest to the lava rock wall to plain brick walls, there's hardly a surface she can't scale. She spends most of her free time practicing her climbing and jumping parkour.

Skills: Advanced (but certainly not mastered) sword fighting, hand-to-hand combat (ground and raised), both horse and pegasi riding.

Weapon: A one-handed celestial bronze sword, blade covered in long, jagged, spiraling designs named Chaos.

Personality: Very outgoing. She is very sneaky and never gives the whole story behind anything, partially because she's afraid of what others will say or judge. She likes things fast paced and prefers to handle things on her own. She fights hard and doesn't back down easily. She can seem like she is high at times like when she's with friends but its mostly just her hyperactive mind. On rare occasions it is real though. She isn't much of a reader. The only time she'll ever sit still and wait is when she's spying on someone or listening in on a conversation. If she needs to learn something from a book, she can ask one of Athena's children later. She can be quite a sarcastic at times. She loves to scare people or egg them on for fun but won't hesitate to jump in if the same person needs help. She is claustrophobic and truly hates to feel like she's trapped. She absolutely loves music and usually has a song running through her head whenever she fights, resulting in timed out, on the beat attacks unless she's angry in which case she becomes unruly in her fighting.

Flaws: She doesn’t come to anger very quickly, but in those very rare moments, nothing would dare stand in her way of revenge, even possibly the wellbeing of other campers. In order to help others, she often ends up taking their place as the target, running herself into more trouble and taking on more pain than needed, often thought to be a masochist for such but is in no way one. Though even by helping others, she’s never sure that she’s ever doing enough, often self-depricating, even still she tries to give the appearance of optimism to those around her. She is rather reckless, often jumping right into a situation without thinking first.

Abilities: None Known

Powers: None Known

Life Before CHB: Kyleen was raised most of her life in Queens NY, resulting in a heavy Queens accent. Starting when she was little and all through growing up, people thought she was strange. First because of her heterocromia (when the irises are two different colors) and second because of her learning disability later found out to be dyslexia. When she was very little her other would constantly be reading to her from greek mythology books that she would borrow from the library, teaching Kyleen and learning for herself about different Gods and mythical creatures good and evil. This was the happier time of her life.

As she got older Kyleen often had no time to spend with other students because of personal lessons that helped her barely keep up with the rest of the class. She had to have many personal tutors for school because she was never able to pay attention in the classroom setting, often sitting in the back and listening to music instead during the actual class. When she turned 11 things started to change. Certain students within the school she went to, three in particular, finally gave her a feeling of acceptance, but with it came something darker about them. They became a constant influence, be it a bad one, turning her mind to darker things and continually trying to take her away with them. She was forced to stay for her tutors though and could never go, though she always wanted to. The group kept coming back, every time their influence becoming a stronger pull on her. Her teachers noticed this and sent her with a note to her mother explaining about her poor grades getting worse which they believed came from these characters. She confronted her daughter on the matter and after everything slipped about the "friends", the two moved away from the area and up the coast.

The two lived relatively normal lives, Kyleen having more trouble with school and her mother always being with her daughter when she could to keep her safe. She wouldn't even let her ride public transportation home. This lasted until a year later when Kyleen was 12. When driving home from school one day in early September, the two suffered a car crash on a back road, Kyleen’s mother swerving from the road when something flew in her way. Her mother hurried to collect an aluminum baseball bat and a backpack from the trunk that she had kept ready in the car since they had moved, containing clothes, cash, necessities, and a few golden drachmas. She gave the bag to Kyleen, and kept the bat herself, leading them both into the woods. Her mother assumed the thing that stopped her to be one of the same creatures from a year back, still trying to take the child and was terrified when she saw that she was right. Though she could not see their full selves, she had learned enough about the different creatures to know that the long feathers sticking out from their coats, their long jagged teeth, and they way they seemed to perch on the car as they landed definitely helped her to know that these weren’t just normal teens. Just because she was mortal didn’t mean she wasn’t able to learn about the world her daughter would be entering, and though she couldn’t see clearly through the mist, she could see enough. They hid among the trees from the three harpies which were now ripping the car apart in search of the two. They ran as hard and long as they could, always staying just outside the reach of the winged beasts. A few times her mother had to beat off one or two of them that would pick up on their scent, and was nearly beat more than once. But she had something more important to fight for than they did. And however slowly it was, the two eventually made their way to the edge Camp Half-Blood. When the two reached the border she explained everything she could as quickly as possible, still not knowing how close the harpies could be at any moment. She told Kyleen briefly some of the things about the camp she remembered from her talk with Hermes all those years ago. He had known this would happen eventually. It happened to all of them eventually, and some never even made it this far. The two shared a good bye, and Kyleen went in. Under her mother's wishes she stayed at the camp for three years, during the second finding out that she was a daughter of Hermes, before finally going back out at 15 years old to see her mother again and finish some school now that she could decently protect herself. She Has not yet finished high school but is now a fully committed camper, staying year round.

RP Example: "All's fair in war!" Kyleen shouted over her shoulder as she continued to run. She hid behind a tree and sat down against it, catching her breath for the moment. She took her helmet off to cool down a little. Capture the flag was always her favorite. The action, the sounds of the fighting off in the distance, the thrill of sneaking right up in front of them and still taking the flag.

She slipped her helmet back on and Sheathed her sword. She was going into stealth mode, she wouldn't need Chaos at the moment. She continued to make her way along the outside of the battle, ducking behind trees, and at one point, climbing from tree to tree as they got closer together enough for her to jump and grab. On one jump however, she missed her grab and fell through a few smaller branches before landing on a larger one and she grunted in pain. Her whole body was aching, but she only prayed that no one saw or heard her at that moment. She gasped before quickly covering her mouth as she spotted a small enemy group not twenty feet from her tree on the ground. “Well that was close.” she thought. She crawled along the branches to get a better look at them.

There it was! The little group were the guards and there was the flag, dangling from a post, sitting just below her level of branches. That wouldn’t be a hard grab, however, getting out of that situation unseen would be a bit more interesting… She stood and crept across the connecting trees until she was standing just above it. Well, there was no time like the present, and she was never one to wait. Kyleen recovered her helmet and set it off to the side in a notch between branches. She sat down on the larger branch, very carefully hooking her feet under another and leaned over backward. She extended her arms as she went over, hoping she would be just long enough to reach the flag. “Damn!” She just needed to be a little longer. Maybe if she stretched… Her fingertips brushed the crimson material. Almost there… “Yes!” she shouted as she wrapped her fingers around the cloth, pulling it close. “Oh, wait…” She looked down at the group below who’s eyes were all now locked onto her. “Heh heh…Bye now!” Now to hope that those sit ups did their magic. She swung up with ease before snatching her helmet and dashing for it as fast s she could along the winding branches.

Any notes about your characters: Her favorite food would have to be chocolate covered strawberries. (And I tend to do this with every character I create to use as inspiration while drawing) The song that I feel best fits Kyleen is "Hanging on by a Thread" by The Letter Black.

Last edited by BiBlonde on 6/6/2016, 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Daughter of the Fleet Feet Empty Re: Daughter of the Fleet Feet

Post by Kendall 6/5/2016, 10:26 pm

If that's actually a picture of you as your profile picture, please take it down; it's a violation of the "no personal information" rule. 

LBC:
    - There's a spelling mistake in the second sentence of the second paragraph that you might want to fix.
    - "When driving home from school one day in early September, the two suffered a car crash due to a monster that her mother assumed to be one of the same creatures from a year back, still trying to take the child." --> Describe both these incidents more. What kinds of monsters were they? Did they attack further after the car accident? How many of them were there total either time, and how did Kyleen escape?
    - I'm assuming Hermes explained most of the demigod thing to her mother before he left her?
    BiBlonde
    BiBlonde

Female

Post by BiBlonde 6/5/2016, 10:52 pm

Easily edited, I'll get to the story editing.

Already changed the pic, but if you don't mind, where does it talk about the revealing of specific information? I mean, on the personal info page of the profile sheet, a person can put down a personal website link, facebook, skype, so I assumed since there was the choice to put down something as private and personal as a facebook account that it wouldn't be so bad to use a picture for the profile.

My wrong, I'd just like to know where these rules are to read through them all. I only found the rules sheet explaining the character creation rules, and none about personal info.

Thanks!
    BiBlonde
    BiBlonde

Female

Post by BiBlonde 6/5/2016, 11:41 pm

I hope that fixes the problem spots. Please let me know if I missed anything. :)
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/6/2016, 12:08 am

[Please don't double-post. If you need to say something else and nobody has responded yet, please edit your last post.)

http://www.camphalfblood.org/t1-rules#1 

(Last rule in the general section; you can find this topic again by going to the Rules forum, located at the very top of the site under the announcement header. I will note, however, that for some reason the personal information rule/guideline had disappeared when I looked at it just now, so if you looked at the topic before it might not have been there; it was still there at least three months ago though, and has been a rule since the site's creation. I apologize for the disorganization; if another admin had edited it out on purpose recently I was not notified, though it should have remained there.)

Since this forum was made using Forumotion we don't exactly have control of every available option on the site, and so I don't think it's possible we can get rid of most of those options entirely. We've also had some incidents in the past where parents contacted the admins regarding site safety... so it would look rather bad if we allowed everyone to put up pictures of themselves or fling around more revealing contact information, since we can't exactly control who can join/look at the forum -- and no matter how many good people there are on the internet, there's also plenty of creeps. (You can still share personal information privately with friends via private messages if you really trust them, but on the forum itself we're a lot stricter about it since everyone can see it.)

If you have any further questions about this or any of the other rules, feel free to message me. 

---------
    (As for your form)

LBC:
    - "Her mother assumed to be one of the same creatures from a year back," --> You still need to describe the incident that occurred a year before. Where had Kyleen been when it happened and how did she escape?
    - Also, are you saying her mother had a baseball bat made of both wood and aluminum? I didn't know they had those.
    - Can her mom see through the Mist?
    BiBlonde
    BiBlonde

Female

Post by BiBlonde 6/6/2016, 12:45 am

No problem, I totally understand the safety concerns.

And yeah, sometimes, though expensive, the handle might be wood for those who like the classic feel, but the echoing "ting" of the hit, or there might be wood set in the aluminum to make it heavier.

(Added content at bottom)

Though I never exactly said that there was an incident the year before. I mentioned that she had told her mother about the group of three that would be constantly trying to take her away with them and her mother assumed that they might be something along those lines and thus the move. When she saw three attack them, she assumed the connection. My bad for not making it clearer. As for mist, I need to do a little bit of research into the book series lore. I do remember some of the parents that eventually been able to see, but had mostly gone mad. And if you guys add movie lore into it, Percy's mom was taken up to Olympus (though it should have been Grover) and she clearly saw everything. There was no mist hiding anything from her, only a barrier keeping her out. Though that was a special case...

I'll do some research then come back to this. :)

Edit:

So, on the official page, as told by Rick Riordan, some mortals can see through the mist, including cases such as May Castellan and Sally Jackson, both parents to children of the gods. So I'll just wait for a response on wether it's too far fetched for the site, but it looks like Cassandra wouldn't have been the only mom to see through the mist. Even if it was just something strange about the group to the point of an unnatural simmer and jagged teeth or bunches of feathers sticking out of their clothes, maybe even just seeing these normal looking people flying through the air. I could change it to something like this so that she doesn't quite see clearly through the mist, but has more of a blurred vision.

Edit:

Decided to fix it anyway. Does that look better for the LBC?

Last edited by BiBlonde on 6/6/2016, 8:20 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added content)
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/10/2016, 3:58 pm

LBC:
    - Parents being able to see through the Mist would be okay by site standards. [We don't go by movie lore at all.]

Approved.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 3:24 pm