A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Alexander Reed - Mars

RewanStark

Male
    Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2016-08-17

Alexander Reed - Mars Empty Alexander Reed - Mars

Post by RewanStark 8/17/2016, 6:42 am

Name: Alexander (Alex) Reed
    Eyes: Dark blue
    Hair: Red
    Height: 6'0"
    Body Type: Mesomorph athletic
    Skin Color: Light
    God Parent: Mars; Roman god of war
    Mortal Parent: Elaine Marie Reed
    Country of Origin: England
    Pets: A grey Alaskan Malamute named Fang.
    Talents: Playing guitar, writing poetry, advanced swordsmanship, a bit of knowledge in healing, and a big knowledge in battle tactics and strategies.

Weapon**: An Imperial Gold spatha, in which the guard is modified to look more like a medieval aged long-sword and the pommel is a sculptured wolf head. Alongside the spatha, Alexander has a standard pugio.

Personality: Alexander always had two sides in him, both boiling down to one concrete trait: serious. He was always usually quiet, unless they talk rudely or demand a fight against him. One side would have his quiet, brooding state of self- wherein he's by one of the corners and listening intently to everyone's conversations. The second side would have his arrogant and egotistic state of self- which was the side he always was in when he wasn't in meetings or talking to his mother.

Flaws: Arrogant, selfish, and egotistic (at times, he has no respect for anyone as well).

Abilities (must relate to god parent; optional):
    Prowess in Battle- Alexander has a natural greatness in armed combat. He is a tad bit less great in hand-to-hand combat, unlike his father being great in both.

Powers (must relate to god parent; optional):
    Telumkinesis - Due to his father being the god of war, Alexander has taken the power to be able to curse weapons and disarm his opponents.
    Curses that could be in use: weapons turn against owner* (3 posts to regenerate), weapons won't fire- for guns and weapons will bend**- for swords, etc. (3 posts to cool), weapons inflict pain on owner- poison***, electrocution (5 posts to cool), weapons disappear suddenly**** (5 posts to cool), disarm opponent (2 posts to cool)
    [All curses except disarming and inflicted pain lasts for 5 posts; pain lasts for 3 posts (the main feeling for one post, aftershock for two posts)]
    Odikinesis - Mars (and his Greek counterpart) has this ability to make those around him feel hate (usually targeted towards himself). Alexander has the same ability and chooses to manipulate 'war feelings' whenever he got into fights. (Takes 5 posts to regenerate- this is quite exhausting)
    [Lasts for 6 posts]

Life Before Camp Jupiter: Alexander Reed, born in the bustling city of London, as a child, never got along with the other kids around their neighbourhood. His mother, Elaine, cheered him up by reading him poetry and playing classical music. He never asked about his father, knowing it would get his mother some trouble in breathing and/or huge panic attacks- but all he knew was that his mother met him when he got injured in a battle and Elaine was the stationed nurse. When he was at the age of eight, they moved to San Francisco as Elaine decided that Alex will now live a 'better' life in the States- throwing away the craze England gave her. A few months later, a bunch of wolves found his dog and directed him to train to Lupa, training for less than a month before settling in New Rome.

RP Example*:

"Stop," his chilling voice ordered those outside the Caldecott Tunnel. Alexander spotted three mortals teaming up on a helpless one, just before he entered Camp Jupiter. He went out for one of his crazed runs and quick grocery shopping for his mother who stayed in a hospital for a night-shift. Alexander would be honest, it would have been a great sight if these were demigods who were training- but it were a bunch of mortals against another mortal. Three to one and it seemed that they were robbing the helpless man. The three ignored him, and sent out a loud laugh before continuing with what they were doing a few seconds ago, as if Alexander hadn't said anything.

"I said, stop." Alexander repeated, now growling alongside his dog Fang. The grey Malamute neared the three and Alexander cracked his knuckles. The three sneered and left the man, nearing the son of Mars. "What about you back off, bro?" One said, his words slurring as he said it. The other two laughed and pointed at Alexander, as if they found something funny in his presence. "What about you go get yourself sober and stop acting like a fool?" The three laughed and jerked their knives and gun at him, "What about you just get along with your business?"

"Oh- this is my business." He said coldly and smirked. He couldn't wait what the night awaits for him, once he gets back into Camp Jupiter.

Any notes about your characters: He does not like to have his hair touched by anyone. He also has the service tattoos, 9 bars, the cross spears, and the SPQR on his arm. Alexander awaits for his next service tattoo in a few months.

* The weapons turn against the owner and it will reflect what it was originally supposed to do. Say that the owner was supposed to stab Alexander; when he curses the weapon, it'll stab the owner (this will cause Alexander to become very tired, therefore he doesn't use it this way too often). However, he makes the weapons just generally threaten the original owners or give them a scratch.

** The swords do bend back, but it isn't as perfect as it was before the curse.

*** Poisons do not kill, it will just hurt the cursed.

**** Weapons reappear when the curse wears off.

Last edited by RewanStark on 10/2/2016, 7:24 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Alexander Reed - Mars Empty Re: Alexander Reed - Mars

Post by Belle 8/21/2016, 1:13 pm

Your last two abilities will have to be shifted down into powers and some restrictions will need to be put on them. For example put a post minimum for cursed weapons and remember you cannot forcibly kill someone elses character unless they grant you permission.

Other than that you seem to have a really good start! Look forward to roleplaying with you one day. (:
    RewanStark

Male

Post by RewanStark 8/21/2016, 3:07 pm

Did I edit it right? :)
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 8/26/2016, 3:16 pm

You did!

Also, hi :)

- Describe the curse of the weapons please. How many posts does it last for?
    - Also for the second power, how many posts does it last for?

Rest looks great!
    RewanStark

Male

Post by RewanStark 8/28/2016, 7:27 am

Hi^^

I edited it.. I hope I didn't make it OP-ish now that I included all the details you asked me too. And I also hope that I edited it right, thank you! :)
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 9/22/2016, 8:36 am

Hello!

- I'm kind of iffy about the sword turning against the user. Maybe just in a threatening way? No wounding? I mean, if your RP partner is okay with it, go for it, but keep it on the down-low.
    - Does the sword bend back to normal after the curse evaporates?
    - Not lethal poison I hope <_<
    - Does the sword reappear?

Rest looks great! And kudos for creativity c:
    RewanStark

Male

Post by RewanStark 10/2/2016, 7:24 pm

Hi^^ I've edited it ^^ (:
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry