A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

lol guys its a lake (private)

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 11340
    Registration date : 2011-11-05

lol guys its a lake (private) Empty lol guys its a lake (private)

Post by Mason 2/5/2017, 11:23 pm

Mason was at the lake super early in the morning- 2 PM. He woke up, went to the mess hall and ate some breakfast sausage, and then went to the lake, bored. He decided he'd find some entertainment swimming. He wasn't up to play Xbox at the moment and none of his astounding 3 or so friends was free, so why not? Mason went up to the lake, putting his hand in it. It was cold, but he liked the lake better than the ocean. The ocean was too salty and was always crowded by "rad" Apollo guys and such surfing. Mason went in, enjoying the peace and quiet.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

lol guys its a lake (private) Empty Re: lol guys its a lake (private)

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/6/2017, 10:47 am

lol guys its a lake (private) Tumblr_o9x7sbCkE61smfycdo4_250lol guys its a lake (private) Tumblr_o9x7sbCkE61smfycdo9_250

Emma had found herself at the lake a lot lately. She walked to her favorite spot: a wooden swing hanging from a tree on the north side of the lake. Emma sat down on the swing and began to swing. Swings were one of Emma's favorite things. They were goofy and fun, just like her, but they are also inherently nostalgic. Emma was thinking about her home back in Phoenix this time. She was thinking about a year and a half previous, when Miles was the only one at camp, and she was still living with Allison and Dallas. She was thinking about a Friday night football game. She remembered the bright lights, Allison cheerleading, and Dallas playing his trumpet. There was a smile on Emma's face as she thought about it. That was also the night that she met Louis. Emma's face fell when she thought about Louis. She dragged her feet through the dirt and slowed down the swing.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/6/2017, 4:35 pm

Mason got out of the lake and dried off, and checked his phone for the time. He looked up from his phone and saw near him a girl on a swing. Mason smiled a bit to himself. She looked happy, and if you asked him, she wasn't bad looking. But then, she came to a halt, and looked upset. Mason considered his options: approach her, or go on with his day. She might be some crazy Ares kid, can't deal with that, he thought, but then again, just the way she went from happy to sad made him feel bad.

Mason realized he was staring at her for like a straight minute, and then broke his gaze.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/6/2017, 7:15 pm

lol guys its a lake (private) Tumblr_o9x7sbCkE61smfycdo4_250lol guys its a lake (private) Tumblr_o9x7sbCkE61smfycdo9_250

Emma looked up from her trance and locked eyes with a boy by the water for just a split second before he looked down. Had he been looking at her? How long had he been looking at her? Emma looked back down for a few seconds. She knew what Allison would say if she was here. She would tell her to ignore him, that all guys were scum. She would cite what happened with Louis. Emma tapped her toes. It was taking everything that she had to not call out to the boy. Emma loved talking to people, and that urge was proving stronger than the notion that she should listen to her cousin. "Did you need something?" Emma called loudly over to the boy, her voice sweet and airy.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/6/2017, 7:21 pm

"'Something' is a rather broad word, could you like, explain what you mean?" Mason said. You're real smooth, Mason. At this rate, you'll get your first girlfriend in your 50s. "Err, sorry. I just couldn't help but notice you go from happy to like depressed in an instance. Is it the swing? It's the swing, isn't it? The swing is uncomfortable, I get it." 10/10 first impression, he thought to himself. "Eh, nevermind. Just ignore me. I'm just some awkward guy at the lake." He turned away from her, hoping no one heard that awkward conversation. He played with the water a little, dipping his hand in and out.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/6/2017, 7:48 pm

Emma stood up and walked over to the boy. She had already broken Allison's rules, so she might as well just keep going. The daughter of Zelos sat down on the edge of the water next to the boy. "And I'm just the weird girl on the swing. The Swing Girl and The Lake Boy. Those sound like some great friends." Emma said, her voice bright and innocent. Emma was wearing a black dress with little flowers all over it and a pair of dark pink sandals. Louis loved these sandals. He said they made her interesting. Emma shook the thought from her head. "It wasn't the swing, but it's not anything that you need to concern yourself with." Emma said, pushing a strand of dark hair behind her ear.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/6/2017, 7:54 pm

"Yeah, or a really bad book title with a really bad love story with some stupid tragic ending," Mason joked. "Oh, ok," he decided to stay out of her business. Watch her be a psycho killer, just watch it, he thought to himself. "I'm Mason, son of Athena. I'm 15 years old and I like video games. Yeah, also, I'm not exactly the master of first impressions, so I understand if you are weirded out right now."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/6/2017, 8:16 pm

Emma laughed a little and shook her head. "No, I'm not weirded out." The daughter of Zelos pulled her legs in tight and sat cross-legged. "I'm Emma Ryder, daughter of Zelos. You might know my cousin. She's also an Athena kid. Her name is Allison Ryder. She's my best friend in all of forever." Emma said, getting excited as she talked about Allison. Emma loved her family more than anything in the world and she takes every chance she can get to talk about them. Emma picked a small flower out of the ground and began to start picking the petals off and tossing them in the water. She liked the way the light pink of the flower's petals reflected against the water's deep blue surface.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/6/2017, 8:24 pm

"I think I know her. She's a horrible person," he said with a serious face, then started laughing. "Nah, I'm just kidding, I've never talked to her before. At least, I don't think so." Mason dipped his feet in the water. "Zelos. That's a...different one. I don't think I know a Zelos kid." Mason smiled. He was just trying to keep conversation with her.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/7/2017, 1:21 pm

Emma shrugged. "God of rivalry and competition." Emma said with a small laugh. "Not me at all. Honestly, like, the exact opposite of me." When Emma found out her god parent, it seemed like such a cruel joke. Zelos stood for everything that Emma stood against. She was like the counter-Zelos. She hates competition and rivalry. She loves friendship and unity. That was something that her and her cousins had in common. They all, at least somewhat, subverted the stereotypes of their god parents. Allison was smart, like the other Athena kids, but she loved love (or at least did until Louis), makeup and theater. Dallas' heart was in his brain and not his emotions, unlike the usual Psyche kid. Miles was awake and alive and attentive, unlike the other Hypnos kids. They were strange and unlikely, just like their family situation. Emma knew Allison and Dallas were trying to learn what was up with their family, but it really concerned Emma. "Do you feel like an Athena kid?"

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/7/2017, 5:50 pm

"Uh, yeah, not gonna lie. Though I am a bit more outgoing than most Athena kids, that usually doesn't get me anywhere, I have a lot of people I know, but only a few of them I'd consider friends. There's such a wide variety of people at this camp, and then once you get to the Roman side, it gets even more complicated. Though, I've never been to Camp Jupiter. Anyway, yeah," he finished in a somewhat awkward manner. Mason didn't know how he really felt about being an Athena kid, he never put thought into it before.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/8/2017, 11:42 am

Emma smiled. She kicked off her sandals and slipped her feet into the lake water. It was cold, but not a bad cold. Emma kicked her feet a little. "I've always liked the Athena cabin. I love sitting in there while Allison reads or does whatever you geniuses do. She's trying to learn about our family right now. You see, Miles and I have the same mortal mother and step-father. Our step-dad's brothers are Allison's and Dallas' fathers. It just seems unlikely, y'know, that this would happen. That the 3 Ryder men would have 4 demigod children." Emma looked over at Mason. "I'm sorry. I'm ranting."

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/8/2017, 5:19 pm

"It's cool, I rant too. I find it kind of interesting, actually, like how you and your cousins are all demigods. I would never think of that happening. It's a miracle if one member of a mortal family meets a god and has a kid, but three members, and one of those having two different children with two different gods? I'm just a lame, boring demigod with no other demigod family." Mason laughed.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/8/2017, 11:15 pm

Emma chuckled a little bit. "Everyone's fascinated by it, but I wish that someone had some kind of answer." Emma looked over at Mason. "Oh, I didn't mean that as an attack. I obviously don't think that you should have some magical solution. I'm sorry." Emma was used to apologizing. It was something that she had gotten very used to while she was dating Louis. She'd learned how good she was at making mistakes because of him. Emma looked across the water. There was a couple walking by, holding hands and laughing. Emma looked quickly back down.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/8/2017, 11:42 pm

Mason grinned. "Don't be sorry," he said, "I'm sure the answer is just simply a huge coincidence. I don't think the gods purposely targeted your parents and such. I think it just happened, and the gods didn't find out until later on. Heck, they still might not even know." Mason saw the couple. "Do you want to throw rocks at them? I think they're purposely laughing loudly to be obnoxious," he partially joked.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/9/2017, 12:08 am

Emma laughed. "No, we should let them be happy. I honestly love love, as long as it is good love." Emma said, looking back at the couple. They looked happy. Emma knew what it was like to be uncomfortable while "in love," and neither of them looked like that was them. "I just have a hard time watching couples sometimes. Bad breakup." Emma said a little white lie. She wasn't much for lying, but she knew the right times to use certain kinds of lies to avoid uncomfortable situations. "Have you ever been in love, Mason?"

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/9/2017, 9:09 am

Mason nodded, listening to her. "Err, yikes, bad break ups are not...good," he said, looking at her. "If you don't you mind me asking, what happened that made it a bad break up?" he thought about her question. "I've been in love. Just, like, with my Xbox, not a person," he said in a joking manner, hoping he didn't make the subject worst.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/9/2017, 1:33 pm

Emma pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them, feeling the cold water from the lake on her legs. "Um... It just was ugly. We got in a huge fight before we broke up." Emma said. None of that was a lie, but it was very far from the full story. She especially wasn't going to bring up the fact that Allison most likely saved her life.

[/quote]
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/9/2017, 3:50 pm

Mason nodded. "I see. That's not...good. I wasn't made for this type of conversations," Mason laughed. "Hey, do you maybe want to go to the game room and watch a movie or something? Not like a date, just, uh, the lake is kind of boring. And I'm the complete opposite of a smooth talker," he laughed. "Not that I wanted to be smooth. I mean, you're cool and hot and stu- I meant pretty. Pretty is a better word. Anyway."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/9/2017, 7:20 pm

Emma blushed and looked down at her feet. It had been a long time since someone had said something like that to her. "I... I could be down for watching a movie. I'm a bit tired, anyway. Movies are good for when you're tired." Emma said, unfolding her legs and pushing herself up off the ground. She offered a hand to Mason to help him up.

[/quote]
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/9/2017, 8:14 pm

Mason took her hand and got up. "I mean, not the movies I'm going to put on. Fifty Shades of Grey," he said, jokingly, and laughed. "Nah, we can watch Avengers or something interesting that doesn't make me want to drink that lake water." He walked a little bit, before realizing he was still holding her hand. "Ooops, uh," he blushed, pulling away. "Uh, um, random boy excuse #26," he said, due to him not thinking of anything better. "What type of movies are you typically in to?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/10/2017, 10:49 am

Emma panicked a bit when Mason let go of her hand. Not because he let go, but because she also hadn't realized that they were still holding hands. If her family, especially Allison, had seen, she would be in so much trouble. Emma blushed a deep red and looked down at the ground. It had been too long since she had done any of this, and she was too awkward for it anyway. "I like happy movies. I don't watch movies all that often, but when I do, I like happy ones."

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/10/2017, 11:01 am

"Superhero movies are usually happy. Usually." Mason put his hands in his pockets. "So, what kind of food do you like?" it was just a random conversation that Mason thought of and decided to start talking about. He also might use her answers to benefit himself in the future. Maybe. You barely know her, Mason, so how about your mind just stops talking. Oh wait, I'm your mind.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/10/2017, 12:45 pm

Emma laughed. "I honestly don't even know if I've ever watched a superhero movie. We never really watched movies." Emma pushed her hand back through her hair, and then started chewing on the inside of her thumb. That was a tendency she had when she was nervous. "I'm not really a picky eater so I will eat anything. My favorite food, though, is probably mac and cheese... with ketchup." Emma said with a small smile. Allison hated that she put ketchup in her mac and cheese.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 2/10/2017, 1:11 pm

"Really? Aw, dude, superhero movies are the bomb. Like, in a good way. I think cool kids typically say that." Mason looked at the ground. They were close to the game room. "Oh, that's different. I like mac and cheese, but I've never tried it with ketchup." He stopped at the door, and held it open for her, because he was pretty sure that was proper. It worked, until he could barely hold it open and it almost smacked her in the back, before he caught it. "Ooops," he said, going in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content