A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Mandrakes in the Moonlight [Private]

~Corinthian~
    ~Corinthian~

Male
    Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2017-04-04

Mandrakes in the Moonlight [Private] Empty Mandrakes in the Moonlight [Private]

Post by ~Corinthian~ 4/14/2017, 6:57 pm

Mandrakes in the Moonlight [Private] Tumblr_mxi7kfxHV71qeogt1o1_500

The northern forest was eerily silent at night. One would expect the wild calls of vicious monsters and the screams of their victims, but there was nothing but silence. Alexander made his way through the underbrush, choosing each footstep carefully. You could never be too careful when out in the forest alone, especially at night. Pale moonlight guided his way as he pushed past bushes and dark shadows. The only sound was the soft crunching of leaves underfoot. Alexander had been through this forest many a night, as a shortcut he used for when he would sneak out of camp.

Alexander was returning from a night out with some of his mortal friends and was intending to make it through the forest without being seen. He quietly traversed the forest, avoiding areas that he'd seen monsters in during previous excursions. The coast seemed to be clear, so he picked up the pace. He walked briskly through the forest, hopping over tree roots and fallen branches. Alexander was making good time and would be back at Cabin 24 and in his bed in no time. His momentum was brought to a halt, however, as he caught a glimpse of a shadowy figure in the distance.

He practically leapt into a nearby bush in an effort to conceal himself. Alexander's curiosity got the better of him and he had to investigate. He inched forward peaking his head out of the bush. The figure didn't seem to notice him yet so he approached at a low crouch in order to stay out of sight. As he got closer, Alexander noticed that the figure wasn't that large and in fact not a monster but another camper. "You should know it's not safe to be out here alone," Alexander called out to the figure with a hushed tone. He stood up and revealed himself to the camper, slowly approaching as to not end up on the end of their weapon.
    Roseleen Cuningham
    Roseleen Cuningham

Female
    Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2017-04-05

Mandrakes in the Moonlight [Private] Empty Re: Mandrakes in the Moonlight [Private]

Post by Roseleen Cuningham 4/15/2017, 11:58 am

For Rose the camp has become her second home but sometimes she it feel like prison where the only place she can have a little freedom is in cabin 20. Today the day has been something hard for her between the practices and her responsibilities to her family barely had time for herself and to top it all she had not been able to make good friends.
    The night came at last and locked in her room and tired of not having anyone to talk she began to find a solution in her book of shadow.
    Rose would never do a love spell because she is against it. Passing the pages something caught her attention ... ~magic bottle for friendship~ .... "this is a good idea" she said to herself with a smile.

"Let's see what I need ... herbs: celandine, meadowsweet, rosemary and sunflower .... a bottle of my choice …a pink quartz and rose oil .... I have all the ingredients!" she said with enthusiasm then added "according to the instructions I must grind two tablespoons of each herb and empty it into the bottle, then the pink quartz and the rose oil, until filling the bottle. After sealing the bottle repeats three times this spell within it:

Forces of Earth magnetize,
    Bring new friends before my eyes,
    Friends will come to me, I’ll accrue,
    Friends will come to me loyal and true,
    This is my will so shall it be,
    Harm to none, nor return on me.

After finishing reading all the instructions and learned the enchantment she went where she kept all her herbs and while looking for what she needed he realized that she had run out of mandrake.

"By all gods how was I left without this root" she said while thinking what to do.
    She knew that if she left it for tomorrow she wouldn’t have the time to get the root .... there was only one thing to do and it is to go to the forest to look for it.

Quickly she changed her cloths took her herbs bag and her staff and left without making a noise.

It was easy for her to escape the camp because it wasn’t the first time she had walked at night through the forest.
    These nocturnal walks gave her a sense of freedom.

Carefully, it integrated more deeply into the forest with the moonlight guiding her, luckily, she knew the exact place where the root grew.
    When she arrived at the place, she saw the light of the moon illuminate the place "thank you Mom"(Hecate) she said with a smile.

She got down and put his staff on the ground .... with her hands began to dig and little by little took out her first root, then took out a second and was going to get a third when she heard a voice that said: "You should know it's not safe to be out here alone”.
    Rose is surprised to hear the voice .... shaking the soil from her hands, took her staff and gently stood up and softly said "neither of us are supposed to be here alone".

When she turns around she sees him and simply with a smile she said “hi!”
    ~Corinthian~
    ~Corinthian~

Male

Mandrakes in the Moonlight [Private] Empty Re: Mandrakes in the Moonlight [Private]

Post by ~Corinthian~ 4/15/2017, 5:05 pm

"Fair enough," Alexander responded with a smile. When he got a little closer, he could make out who the camper was. Before him stood a familiar face. She was short and had brunette hair. Alexander could tell that she was younger than him due to her youthful features. She had an exotic look about her and she dressed similar to a gypsy. Alexander was sure he'd seen her hanging around Cabin 20 a couple times but he didn't really know her. The best thing for him to do was introduce himself.

"Hi, I'm Alexander. I'm from Cabin 24," He said, keeping his voice low.  He glanced down at the ground and noticed that she had been digging for something. Upon further inspection, Alexander noticed what looked to be mandrake roots. He took a moment to put all the pieces together; Cabin 20, gypsy clothes, out late at night, and collecting mandrake roots. Ah! She must be child of Hecate out here collecting ingredients for a potion, Alexander thought.

Alexander took a moment to check his watch. It wasn't that late, and he could stay out longer if he wanted to. In fact, he had to admit to himself that helping a witch find potion ingredients was way more interesting than heading back to camp. "I think we both agree that it's dangerous to be out here alone so why don't we stick together?" Alexander proposed that the two could work together and watch each other's backs. "You seem to be collecting mandrake for a potion and I've got nothing better to do. I can help you out if you'd like."
    Roseleen Cuningham
    Roseleen Cuningham

Female

Post by Roseleen Cuningham 4/16/2017, 2:43 pm

Rose was glad when she saw a smile on the young man's face. At that moment, he would have liked to know who he was but barely knew the campers and the few her knew were her siblings.

"Alexander" he said it was called "from cabin 24".

"Nice to meet you, I'm Roseleen from cabin 20.... you are from cabin 24 .... I've heard that it's the wind god's cabin ... right" response in soft tone.

Rose watched as he looked at his watch, personally she is very compulsive with the hour so when she leaves she does not wear her watch, so she can enjoy the moment without any stress.

"I think we both agree that it's dangerous to be out here alone so why don't we stick together?" he said.
    When she heard this, she smiled and said, "that's a good idea"

"You seem to be collecting mandrake for a potion and I've got nothing better to do. I can help you out if you'd like."

“You know about herbs?” she asks with curiosity then she added “love too come I was digging here for the roots ... there are lots of them here... I can take like six without problems, then we will thank the earth for the help " she said as he knelt again.

She looking at him " come I will teach you how to get this root in the right way .... or at least as my mom taught me " Rose said waiting for him to kneel next to her.
    ~Corinthian~
    ~Corinthian~

Male

Post by ~Corinthian~ 4/16/2017, 11:39 pm

Ah, so I was right. She is from Cabin 20, Alexander thought. "It's nice to meet you too Roseleen," he responded and stuck his hand out for her to shake. "You are correct. My father is Aeolus, the god of wind." After they exchanged pleasantries, Alexander made his way over to the hole she was digging. He crouched down low and prepared himself to learn. He expected a child of Hecate to know exactly what they were doing with herbs, and he wanted to make sure he was doing it right.

Alexander perked up as she asked him about herbs. "I'm no expert but I know enough to identify them," he responded. She mentioned that she could carry six mandrake roots and Alexander realized he came ill-equipped for the task at hand. He quickly took off his hoodie, revealing his blue tank top underneath. Alexander took the hoodie in his hands and began to tie it, his former Boy Scout experience coming in handy. He quickly tied the arms and the hood together to transform the hoodie into a makeshift sack.

That's what I call survivalism, Alexander thought. His makeshift sack would allow him to carry a larger number of roots than if he simply relied on his two hands. He focused his attention back on Roseleen and the mandrakes. "Alright, I'm ready to start."
    Roseleen Cuningham
    Roseleen Cuningham

Female

Post by Roseleen Cuningham 4/17/2017, 7:07 pm

Rose observed how Alexander took his hoodie and turn it in some kind of bag "that is very clever where did you learn it?" she ask looking at the bag.

"Alright, I'm ready to start" he said.

"Ok is very easy and the only thing you need are your hands and patient. You dig very gently around the root ....do not pull it out no matter what if you notice that it very difficult to digger out just leave it and look for another. As soon the root is completely out just clean the dirt out and put it carefully in your bag. Just let me know when you find three roots" she said as she dig one out to show him how it is done.

"While you do that I will look for branches, wait here it won't take long I know where to find it" she said as she stood up and walked not to far from him.
    ~Corinthian~
    ~Corinthian~

Male

Post by ~Corinthian~ 4/17/2017, 10:04 pm

"When I was a Boy Scout a long time ago, they taught me how to make all kinds of knots. I guess knot-tying has become a hobby of mine," Alexander replied. He watched as she gently excavated the dirt around the root and cleaned it off. He took mental notes of all the steps, watching her techniques in order to get a feel for it.

Now it's my turn, Alexander thought as he pushed his hands into the dirt. He cautiously sifted through it, pulling it gently away from a root. Alexander worked diligently, revealing the root little by little. After a few moments of hard work, he had fully isolated the mandrake root from the dirt. A confident smile appeared on Alexander's face as he placed the root into his hoodie-sack.

Alexander quickly moved on to the next mandrake plant and began anew. This time he worked a little quicker as he was getting the hang of it. He continued to work at a steady pace and before he knew it, he was already finished with his third mandrake root. Might as well start on the fourth, Alexander thought. He began to dig through the dirt once more as he waited on Roseleen to return.
    Roseleen Cuningham
    Roseleen Cuningham

Female

Post by Roseleen Cuningham 4/18/2017, 7:42 pm

Fifteen minutes passed when Roseleen came back "sorry for make you waiting but is wasn't easy to find the right branches for the basked ...I hope the boys scout teach you how to made one" she said smiling as she put carefully the branches on the ground next to her.

Then she notice that he was getting a fourth root. She gentle took his hand and stop him to continue the she said "we witches don't take more of what we need just the necessary" she looked at him and put the root back to the soil then she added "sorry I should tell you that before..but I didn't know that you will like to dig for mandrake so much" she said as she trying not to laugh.

Rose return all the dirt that they dig out and sat down more comfortable "now we need to make a basket" she said while she give part of the branches that she found.

"The basket doesn't have to be perfect or big but need to carrier water from the river to her....you know how to made a basket right?" she ask looking at his eyes.
    ~Corinthian~
    ~Corinthian~

Male

Post by ~Corinthian~ 4/19/2017, 12:02 am

Alexander watched as Roseleen returned with a armful of small branches and twigs. "I see you've been busy," he said at her arrival. At the mention of not taking more than needed, Alexander immediately pulled his hands out of the dirt. He helped her rebury the mandrake root before he moved away from where he was digging and closer to the pile of wood. "Welp, I guess I've been a little too busy," he joked.

He quickly moved on to the branches. Alexander began sifting through them, picking out all the more flexible ones he could find. A smile appeared on his face when Roseleen asked if he knew how to make a basket. "I'm sure I can manage to throw one together," Alexander replied, meeting her gaze with his own. He delved into the task at hand. Sticks and twigs were contorted and weaved in an effort to get them to stay intertwined. Even large leaves were added to the mix, which were fit between the twigs to help the basket hold water. He was determined, and before long the basket was beginning to take shape.

After fiddling with it for about 10 minutes, Alexander's basket was finally finished. It was a misshapen collection of twigs and leaves but he had confidence that it would get the job done. "How's that?" Alexander asked as he presented the small, oddly shaped basket to Roseleen.
    Roseleen Cuningham
    Roseleen Cuningham

Female

Post by Roseleen Cuningham 4/19/2017, 5:53 pm

Rose couldn't help and laugh with his joke, she was glad that he was a good student when he was with the boys scouts.

She took her branches and twigs and started began to weave the branches between them.

Suddenly he said "How's that?"...Rose looked at his basket she was very surprise how fast he was "excellent, you really was fast I almost done if you want it go to the river first and bring some water or if you want to wait ....you decide" she said as she keep working on her basket.
    ~Corinthian~
    ~Corinthian~

Male

Post by ~Corinthian~ 4/20/2017, 5:48 pm

"I guess I can get some water while you finish up," Alexander replied. He scooped up his basket and headed toward a nearby stream. When he arrived at the stream, he dipped the basket into the water. To his surprise, the creation actually held water. It leaked a bit, but it would allow Alexander to transport a good amount of water. Alexander pushed his way through the brush, holding the basket steadily with both hands. The sound of water dripping followed him as the occasional water drop fell through the basket. After being gone for a few moments, Alexander returned to where Roseleen was working. "Well, it's functional," he said as he softly placed the basket on the ground.
    Roseleen Cuningham
    Roseleen Cuningham

Female

Post by Roseleen Cuningham 4/20/2017, 6:42 pm

Rose just finish her backed at the time Alexander came back "Well, it's functional," he said. She smile looking at the water "great I just finish mine...what you think?" she said showing her work.

She stood up "ok I will be back with more water and as soon we finish we ga back to the camp" she said as she went to the near stream.
    Soon she went back where Alexander was.

"Now we just pour the water where we took the roots" said Rose while she pour the water and said "fair take, fair giving".
    ~Corinthian~
    ~Corinthian~

Male

Post by ~Corinthian~ 4/20/2017, 10:04 pm

"That's a pretty nice basket," Alexander replied while nodding his head in approval. He watched as she walked off to fetch water and he waited patiently for her return. The two of them emptied their baskets, pouring the water into the dirt that they had retrieved the roots from. Alexander could tell that Roseleen was very respectful of nature and he respected that. She seemed like a kind and considerate person.

He looked down at his basket, pondering on whether he wanted to keep it or not. Ah what the heck. It's a nifty little thing, Alexander thought, coming to the decision to keep the basket as if it were a souvenir. "So, I guess we should head back to camp now," Alexander suggested.

Alexander took his basket up in his right hand and the sack of mandrake roots in his left. He slung the sack up and over his shoulder as if he was Santa Claus. "Are you ready?"
    Roseleen Cuningham
    Roseleen Cuningham

Female

Post by Roseleen Cuningham 4/22/2017, 4:54 pm

After putting her basket inside her bag and picking up her staff with a smile on her back he answered "ready".
    While they walked in direction to the camp  a great flutter attracted attention to Rose.

"What is that sound?" she said looking around with her staff in a fighting position.

Looking at the ground he saw a huge figure .... with the darkness she could not tell what it was, but suddenly the light of the moon cleared the figure.
    "WATCH OUT!!!" Rose shouted at Alexander as she pushed him to the ground just in time "OMG IT'S A HARPY !!!" Rose shouted while she kept the creature in sight.
    ~Corinthian~
    ~Corinthian~

Male

Post by ~Corinthian~ 4/23/2017, 2:19 pm

Alexander followed Roseleen through the forest. They were making good time and would be back at camp soon. However, a wrench would be thrown into their plan. One of the forest's many terrors would reveal itself to them.

As they made their way back to camp, Alexander had the feeling that they weren't alone. It felt like they were being watched by someone, something. A spine-chilling screech echoed through the forest, indicating that they most definitely weren't alone. He picked up the pace and walked quite a bit faster than before. "Don't want to end up face to face with whatever that thing is," Alexander joked as they went. He would soon find that he jinxed himself as the creature used his voice to pinpoint them.

Woosh, Woosh, Woosh. The rhythmic sound of flapping wings got louder and louder. Roseleen took a defensive position and Alexander immediately went still, trying to listen for the beast. He looked up to see a large winged creature swooping down on him. Just in the nick of time, a shove knocked Alexander out of the way. He looked up from the ground to see a harpy flying overhead. "Thanks," Alexander said as he quickly hopped back up onto his feet. The harpy had switched it's attention over to Roseleen and looked like it was ready to strike.

Alexander quickly looked around for something to use as a weapon. He hadn't planned on fighting a harpy so he didn't bring his own. In a split second decision, he picked up his basket and launched it at the harpy. "Hide!," Alexander yelled as the basket hit the harpy in the head. He was attempting to buy some time so that he and Roseleen could get out of the harpy's sight.
    Roseleen Cuningham
    Roseleen Cuningham

Female

Post by Roseleen Cuningham 4/28/2017, 7:14 pm

Rose saw when Alexander throw the basket to the creature "hide" he said. Looking around she couldn't find any place to hide.

"RUN!!" she shout grabbing his hand and start running as fast as she could making sure Alexander was with her.

Suddenly the harpy took her with her from her shoulder with her claws, like an eagle hunting a rabbit....the creature start flying away with Rose.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" she cream when she felt the harpy claws on her shoulders "ALEX HELP" she shout crying.

Looking at the creature she said "I am not going to be your dinner monster" saying that she with her sharp nails traced the legs of the creature causing it to release her .... but from a high height.

"AAAAAHHHHHHH... ALEX HELP!!" she screamed while she was falling.
    ~Corinthian~
    ~Corinthian~

Male

Post by ~Corinthian~ 4/29/2017, 11:15 pm

Alexander's plan to hide was not well thought out. He looked around to find a place to hide but he had no luck. They were in the middle of a small clearing and there were no bushes or trees to hide behind. He heard Roseleen yell, "Run!!" and he responded with "Good Idea!" He felt her hand grasp his own and he allowed her to lead the way.

The duo ran towards the treeline, the harpy flying after them. They were almost there when the harpy made her move. It swooped down like a bird of prey and grabbed Roseleen by the shoulders. Alexander tried to hold on but Roseleen's hand slipped out of his. The vile harpy seemed to have a devilish grin on it's face as it lifted Roseleen into the air. The harpy flew higher and higher until it was flying around the treetops. "Damn it," Alexander cursed in frustration. He wouldn't stand by and let a fellow demigod be slain.

He followed the beast on foot, not letting the harpy out of his sight for even a moment. As they traveled through the forest, Alexander would occasionally reach down and scoop up a rock. The harpy began to tire and it's pace slowed. Now's my chance, Alexander told himself mentally. One by one, he hurled the stones at the harpy being careful not to hit Roseleen. The harpy quickly looked back to screech at Alexander, pausing in the air. Just then, Alexander noticed Roseleen fighting back.

She dug her nails into the harpy's leg in an attempt to free herself. It worked, and the harpy's grip loosened. Alexander smiled as the creature let out a cry of pain and he watched it pull it's legs away from Roseleen. She was now free but unfortunately she was now falling. "AAAAAHHHHHHH... ALEX HELP!!" Roseleen called out to him and he knew he had to do something. "Hold on!" he yelled back. Taking a few steps back, Alexander prepared himself to run. His energy welled up inside him as he concentrated. A gust of wind manifested seemingly out of nowhere and began to circle Alexander. The breeze formed a small vortex around him, picking up leaves as it spun. He focused even harder, knowing he would have to work faster because Roseleen was still falling. Alexander began to control the vortex, pushing it down until the wind surrounded his feet. He looked up to see Roseleen about halfway between the treetops and the ground.

Now! he yelled in his head. The word sounded off in his head like a pistol at the beginning of a race. Alexander began to jog in Roseleen's direction, determination in his eyes. He picked up the pace and accelerated to a full blown run. The wind nipped at his ankles, leaving a tiny dust cloud behind him. Alexander put all of his thoughts aside as he got closer and closer. It wasn't the time to think, it was the time to act. He widened his stride before leaping off of one foot. The gust he'd previously summoned propelled him up and into the air. Alexander flew through the air towards Roseleen and reached out towards her. Their bodies collided softly and Alexander latched on. He wrapped his arms around her and held on tight as they traveled through the air. He looked down to see the ground coming up quickly. "This was not well thought out!" Alexander admitted as they fell. They were not high enough to be seriously injured from the fall but it would hurt. He contorted his body in the air, twisting so that Roseleen would be on top. Alexander let out an "oof" as his back made contact with the ground. The wind was knocked out of his lungs as Roseleen came down on top of him. The two skidded through the grass for a while before the ground disappeared from under them. They tumbled down a hill and into some tall grass and bushes.

The unexpected drop had landed the two in a relatively safe location. The harpy lost track of where they went but it could still be heard in the distance. The tall, thick grass and the bushed would give them a spot to hide in. Alexander laid still for a moment to catch his breath. He inspected himself for injuries, taking note of the various scratches and scrapes he had just acquired. Alexander sat up, wincing at the pain in his back. Nothing serious, he assured himself. The back pain would subside after a while and he could deal with the scratches when they made it back to camp. Alexander made his way over to Roseleen so that he could check on her. "Are you alright?"
    Roseleen Cuningham
    Roseleen Cuningham

Female

Post by Roseleen Cuningham 5/5/2017, 8:03 pm

Rose still falling when suddenly she saw Alexander coming on her direction, he wrapped his arms around her and held on tight as they traveled through the air...looking at him "so did you came here often?" she ask in a very scare tone of voice.

Soon the ground is coming up Rose try to summon the wind under Alexander so it will soft the landing but they fall to fast and soon they hit the ground.

At first they didn't move it look like the monster fly away then Alexander ask her if she was ok.

She looked at herself and saw blood on her cloth " Dam'it this wound are too deep for me to heal it...I'm afraid I have to go to the   infirmary...I'm going to be in deep trouble" she said as she try to cover her wound with her head kerchief.

"Is that harpy gone? she ask as she still covering her wound.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 4:44 pm