A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

adrien villiers - mors

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

adrien villiers - mors Empty adrien villiers - mors

Post by honey 3/31/2021, 12:18 am

adrien villiers - mors 29ff8f6700702454c861873f6bfc345d470564a6

> Basics
    + Name: Adrien Villiers
    + Age: 21
    + Gender: Cis male
    + Sexuality: Pansexual
    + Eyes: Hazy gray (although they look pale blue in certain lighting) with a sleepy tilt to them
    + Hair: Dark brown, almost black, fluffy and curly and generally unmanageable
    + Height: 5' 11"
    + Skin tone: Fair and freckled
    + Ethnicity: Caucasian
    + Body structure: Thin and angled
    + Other details: Face claim is Timothée Chalamet
    + Place of birth: Versailles, France
    + Mortal parent: Juliette Villiers, descendant of Angerona and enthusiastic art historian. Knowing full well of her godly ancestry, she was fascinated when she met Mors, as she'd never met a god (him being tall, dark and handsome with his mysteriously brooding good looks helped too). She was renowned for her abilities in France, and although many art museums throughout Europe wanted her to curate for them, she stubbornly stuck with Versailles, until the Louvre finally convinced her to move to the heart of Paris two years before her death in an unfortunate traffic accident, the one day she was rushing and needed to take the bus instead of bike to work.
    + God parent: Mors
    + Legacy of: Angerona
    + Abilities: He has a nice, calming effect on people, probably one of the reasons he's well liked by almost everyone at camp. He wouldn't say he's popular by any means, but he'd be called a friend by anyone who knows his name.
    + Powers:
    Angerona: If Adrien touches someone who is grieving or in emotional anguish, he can pull their pain away and have them feel peace instead for a while. The pain doesn't snap back once he stops affecting them - they will still feel pain but it's greatly lessened. However, the pain once pulled from the person goes directly into Adrien and he quickly becomes exhausted. He can only do this twice a day so far, and doesn't always work. In posts, this would translate to holding the power for about two posts, and needing at least five posts to recharge.
     ↳Mors: He can become invisible for short amounts of time (like ten minutes a day max), but he's still struggling on controlling this power. As of now, if he's surprised or scared enough he sometimes blinks out, and panics for a little before he somehow becomes visible again. Since he doesn't know how to control this power, it lasts three posts at maximum and would probably need eight posts or more to recharge.

>Details
    + Personality: Adrien's fierce RBF and penchant for wearing dark clothes (most of his wardrobe is black and shades of gray) is the extent of what you might think the son of the personification of Death would stereotypically look or be like. Adrien Villiers is a ray of sunshine. He's happy-go-lucky and seemingly infinitely cheerful, a trait he inherited from Juliette. A descendant of Angerona, the goddess of deliverance of pain and sorrows, he doesn't get sad or angry easily, shrugging off those kinds of things with a sweet "the sun will come out tomorrow" attitude. His quick, bright smile can warm even the coldest of hearts.

+ Flaws: He's mostly happy-go-lucky and cheerful, but his lows always seem to be rock bottom. He's not used to dealing with negative emotions, so the death of his mother hit him harder than anyone could have imagined. When he does hit those emotional lows, he tends to snap and snarl at anyone who tries to get near to him, isolating himself from others to suffer alone. Nothing can really get him out of this self-destructive attitude except for (a lot of) time, and he eventually bounces back. Also, in addition to his carefree demeanor, he can be rather brash and not think about the consequences of his actions, causing him to end up in the occasional sticky situation.

+ History: Adrien Villiers was always best friends with his mom. Juliette always called him her mini-me - they both had the same big and bright smile, the same little head tilt when something was particularly confusing, made the same high-pitched hum when they were thinking about how to answer a question. He wasn't a very fussy baby, which Juliette appreciated greatly when she had to pore over her work files and still take care of him. Unlike many other demigods, Adrien has a relatively good relationship with his godly parent. Adrien has a lot of memories of hearing his mother's loud, bubbling laughter and walking through the gardens of the palace of Versailles on their way to picnic at the Hameau de la Reine with his hand in hers as she told him stories about his father and their Roman lineage.

Adrien grew up in Versailles, France. He was surrounded by history, what with his happy childhood mostly spent sitting next to his mother's desk in a small office packed with dusty old books and carefully covered pieces of art, or in the Hall of Mirrors and other places within the palace of Versailles. When he was thirteen, he moved to the heart of Paris, and shared his mother's excitement about the new and beautiful art within the Louvre.

Adrien and Juliette were typically early to rise, but one night just weeks after Adrien's fifteenth birthday party, they'd had a movie marathon that had ended incredibly late, so they woke up and immediately sprang into a rush to get Adrien to school and Juliette to work. They normally biked, but that day the brakes on Adrien's bike unexpectedly snapped off as he got on it. With a light laugh at their bad luck, Juliette decided they could just take the bus together, since it stopped in front of Adrien's school before continuing to its stop at the Louvre.

The driver called out Adrien's stop, and Adrien kissed his mom's cheek and hopped off the bus steps with a grin and a "à plus, Maman, je t'aime!"

Not long after his first class had started, Adrien was called to the school offices, where his grandparents sat, teary eyed, and explained that Juliette was gone, having stayed behind in the site of the traffic accident to drag an injured person from the wreckage before the engine exploded.

That night he was unable to sleep, staring sightlessly at the ceiling in the tiny guest room of his grandparents' house in Lyon, when Mors appeared, sitting at the end of Adrien's bed. After a brief introduction (eased by Juliette's honest explanation of who Adrien's father was), Mors held Adrien as the boy threw himself into the god's arms, sobbing. He held tighter when the sobs switched to muffled, accusing shouts even as Adrien's fists bunched in the back of Mors' shirt, and even tighter still when Adrien could do nothing but suck in heaving breaths.

Once Adrien had calmed some, Mors explained that he could feel death trailing Juliette soon after they'd moved to Paris, and knowing there was nothing he should or could do, he had tried to distance himself. Adrien listened quietly, until Mors quietly said that he had a gift for his son, and drew back. He said he'd kept Juliette at his side ever since she'd died earlier that day, and as Adrien watched, the cloudy image of his mother appeared in front of him. The two were able to exchange their good-byes, and with a final, tearful je t'aime, Adrien's parents disappeared and Mors led Juliette Villiers to the underworld. Mors came back an hour later, and told Adrien that he would keep Juliette safe, and that he would try to let Adrien see her occasionally.

One month after Juliette's death, Adrien's grandparents decided to send him to Camp Jupiter, as his grandfather and some of their ancestors had before they'd moved back to France. So with a couple of recommendation letters, Adrien was placed in the third cohort, quickly becoming friends with his cohort despite the language barrier and the fact that he was mostly Greek despite his Roman heritage. Language wise, he's improved since he first arrived in California, but he still occasionally jumbles and breaks up his English and has a pretty noticeable accent. He sometimes tutors New Rome residents in French (and legionaries as well, he doesn't discriminate, but he can't say that very many legionaries have interest in learning anything other than Latin). He postponed his retirement from the legion for a year or two - he was in no rush to head to New Rome University. He shares Juliette's excitement and love for art history and is currently studying, you guessed it, art history at NRU.

+ Cohort: Three

+ Notes: lmk if those powers are too much lol

Last edited by baekhyun on 4/10/2021, 6:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

adrien villiers - mors Empty Re: adrien villiers - mors

Post by Morgan Landry 4/7/2021, 2:36 pm

Heyyyyyy

- I'm from Versailles so it's really fun seeing a demigod from my hometown <3
    - So demigods are only allowed to be related to 2 deities. Please get rid of either Angerona or Mellona
    - Wait is this demigod a mix of Greek and Roman? Cause that's impossible according to the canon
    - I'll hold off on commenting on powers until you've made your choice between Angerona and Mellona
    - Any other flaws? You need 3
    - Gods technically aren't allowed to spend time with kids once they're not babies/toddlers (I will however allow the bit where Thanatos appears to him after his mother's death)

Rest is perf!
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 4/8/2021, 8:35 pm

OMG Morgan I didn't know you were from Versailles! Please help me make Adrien sound like he's really from Versailles  adrien villiers - mors 1f62d I don't want to sound dumb haha

Anyway:
    - I changed Thanatos to Mors (only because I couldn't find a Greek equivalent to Angerona) who wikipedia says is his Roman equivalent
    - I removed Mellona from his ancestry
    - Added one more flaw

Please let me know if I need to change anything else! (also please let's rp soon haha)
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/10/2021, 5:47 pm

I'd loved to help! You could say for example that his mother and him used to spend time/have picnics in the Hameau de la Reine (a part of the gardens of Versailles built by Marie-Antoinette, it's picturesque) or at the gardens of Madame Élisabeth (a lesser-known park near the palace). If he's good at school and his family is financially comfortable, you could say he went to the Lycée Hoche (though if he moved to Paris age 12 he probably would've spent only 1 year there). The gardens of Versailles and the palace itself are also chock full of sculptures and paintings of Roman mythology, so maybe his mother used that to teach him about his lineage when he was little? Idk I'm just spitballing.

Back to the form!
    - The powers are good, can you add post limits? Ie, he can hold the power for x number of posts and needs y number of posts to re-charge
    - Rest is perf!

And yes please let's rp soon (especially bc I have a character from Versailles too - well, not modern-day Versailles more like Louis XIV era Versailles, but still :P)
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 4/10/2021, 6:09 pm

Okay, so I added in post limits (they're pretty murky since he still doesn't have a great handle on them), and the bit about le Hameau de la Reine and the sculptures (SUCH a great idea, thanks Morgan)! Also I aged him up a little so he definitely went to the Lycée Hoche for two years before moving to Paris, but I couldn't find anywhere to fluidly fit that into the form.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/11/2021, 7:03 am

Approved! Standing ovation

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content