A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+3
Kristal Meth
Aiden
appsoda
7 posters

appsoda's Characters

appsoda
    appsoda

Male
    Number of posts : 139
    Registration date : 2010-08-10

appsoda's Characters Empty appsoda's Characters

Post by appsoda 8/10/2010, 1:48 am

I want to be a son of Apollo, and my father gave me a necklace that can turn into a sword and shield or a bow and infinite arrows determined on my thoughts. I'm very good at writing poetry and singing, also. I have blonde hair, black jacket, a dragon shirt, and gray baggy jeans, plus a peace wristband. So is my character approved?
    Aiden
    Aiden
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 12436
    Registration date : 2010-04-09

appsoda's Characters Empty Re: appsoda's Characters

Post by Aiden 8/10/2010, 1:55 am

You need to fill out a form.
    appsoda
    appsoda

Male

Post by appsoda 8/10/2010, 1:59 am

what form?
    Aiden
    Aiden
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Aiden 8/10/2010, 2:02 am

There's a topic named 'Character Form' in the unapproved characters forum. Copy and Paste the form. Then fill out the whole thing.
    appsoda
    appsoda

Male

Post by appsoda 8/10/2010, 2:15 am

Name: Matthew Lyon Lane
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Blonde emo hair
    Height:5'1"
    Body Type:Average
    Skin Color:Tan
    God Parent:Apollo
    Mortal Parent: Wendy Lane
    Country of Origin:Usa
    Pets: none
    Talents:Singing,writing,song-writing,poetry, electric guitar, soccer, acoustic bass,
    Skills: Tae Kwon Doe
    Weapon**:A necklace that can read my thoughts and either stays as a necklace, or turns into a sword shield or bow and infinite flaming arrows
    Flaws:He is kinda shy, was taunted in school and listens to metal, he sometimes lashes out, anger, and he will never back down from any fight.
    Powers(must
    relate to god parent; optional):
    life before CHB: He has always rhymed when talking, and was made fun of it for it. He lived with his mother in their house. He had only two friends (not demi-gods) who could play drums and guitar. He played acoustic bass and sang so they formed a nu-metal band. They recorded three songs on a cd and gave it to their mothers as a mother's day gift. During a practice he went outside for a break, something chased him, and he made it to his mother. His Mom explained everything to him, and they made it to camp-half blood. The monster grabbed his mother and dragged her away. Based on description by Matthew, the monster is the Chimaira.
    Any notes about your characters:None
    Aiden
    Aiden
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Aiden 8/10/2010, 2:18 am

Add in the RP example, then your good.
    appsoda
    appsoda

Male

Post by appsoda 8/10/2010, 2:21 am

RP? Sorry, but I'm new and I read the rules but still really lost
    Aiden
    Aiden
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Aiden 8/10/2010, 2:26 am

it's okay if your new, and we actually REALLY apreciate that you read the rules :DD

RP is Role-Play. Example:

Code:
     I walk in and start unpacking my stuff. My owl lands on my shoulder. "Hey Stella" I smile.

You get it?
    appsoda
    appsoda

Male

Post by appsoda 8/10/2010, 2:49 am

Ok. Wait, hold on, he doesn't rhyme all the time,just occasionally.

My band was doing a cover of "The Night" by Disturbed. I barely had any saliva left, and my fingers were literally bent. "Hey, I'll be back guys I need to take a sighs." I said. I put my bass against the wall, walked out of the room and out my friend, Kevin's front door and sat on the grass in his front yard. I saw my Mom's car a couple blocks away, she was speeding, something must be important. I went back in told my friends I had to go and packed up my bass. I walked to the end of the driveway and a lion and goat mixed thing jumped out of bushes. "Oh crap!" I yelled. The thing growled, and I saw a cobra lurking behind it. "What is that!?" I cried. It was going to attack, I needed a weapon. I shifted my bass onto my shoulders (it has straps so it can be like a backpack). My necklace disappeared and a shining gold sword appeared in my left hand. A golden shield with ancient Greek engraved in it was in my right hand. The thing lunged, and I just put up my shield it bounded off my shield and I fell back on my butt. My Mom's car had made it, and she got out and shot three flaming arrows into the thing's mane. I ran to her car and got in. She speeded down the road and took a hard turn. "Um, Mom what's going on?" I asked. "Matt, you know those Greek stories you read about?" she asked. "Yeah." I answered. "Well they're true. All I can explain is your the son of Apollo, that necklace was his gift, and we're being chased by the Chimaira." she said. Well, I was a big fan of Greek mythology, but when it's stories were coming to kill me, I disliked it more and more. "I thought someone killed it!" I exclaimed. "They come back." she said trying to stay calm. " Just no more questions, keep your eyes open for the monster, and everything we'll be explained at camp." She said. I looked out the window, no sign of the monster, after 15 minutes we made it to a hill. We got out, "think about a bow, Matt." my mother said. I thought about a bow, and the bow appeared. Next to my bass was a bag full of flaming arrows. We heaved up the hill, we were right next to making but the monster came back and the lion took hold off my mom and ran away. I got mad, I shot thirty or more arrows at where the chimaira ran. I was ready to run after her, but someone dragged me into the camp while I was fallng unconscious.
    appsoda
    appsoda

Male

Post by appsoda 8/10/2010, 2:57 am

So tell me what to do now,please, and I'll get to it tomorrow I gotta sleep! bye!
    Aiden
    Aiden
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Aiden 8/10/2010, 3:00 am

no double-posting please. And now, you just wait for an Admin (Black username) to look at it.
    Kristal Meth
    Kristal Meth
    Retired Admin
    The Dancing Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 5726
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kristal Meth 8/10/2010, 8:49 am

Your powers are not powers.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512

Post by Kendall 8/10/2010, 2:14 pm

Infinite flaming arrows is too much. :/
    appsoda
    appsoda

Male

Post by appsoda 8/10/2010, 2:40 pm

Okay,how bout just infinite arrows? and do I need more powers or less?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/10/2010, 2:44 pm

Your powers aren't actually powers, but powers are optional.

Infinite arrows sounds better. Do they just appear out of nowhere?
    appsoda
    appsoda

Male

Post by appsoda 8/10/2010, 2:54 pm

No,my necklace turns into a sword and a shield or bow and arrow based on whether I need close-range or long-range.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/10/2010, 3:00 pm

OK.

Approved.
    appsoda
    appsoda

Male

appsoda's Characters Empty My 2nd character, child of Hermes

Post by appsoda 11/3/2010, 7:23 pm

Name: Evan Carter
    Eyes: brown
    Hair: brown
    Height: 5 ft 6
    Body Type: muscular
    Skin Color: tan
    God Parent: Hermes
    Mortal Parent: Jennifer Carter
    Country of Origin: Quebec, Canada
    Pets: a dove
    Talents: playing harp, funny, runs fast, smart,
    Weapon**: a sword called "Aetos" that can be changed into a wristband
    Flaws: in very tough situations he takes too long to think and makes a bad descion, a human doormat
    Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): stealthy, can easily convince people, quick-thinking (most of the time)
    Life Before CHB*: He was homeschooled by his mother. He had many friends in the neighborhood. Him and his best friend were attacked by several monsters. After being attacked by a giant, Evan runs as far as he can away. He ran for days and nights. Knowing he must run to escape the monsters, but not knowing the destination. He ends up in woods where's he's attacked by hellhounds.

RP (after "the lost hero"): Before I knew it there were 6 red eyed black dogs the size of tigers surrounding me. Before I tell you what happens I should explain some backstory. I used to live in Quebec, Canada. I had four friends all my life. But, there was one I felt close to. Her name was Nicole and she radiated power. She was very nice, and I could always trust her. We shared some weird experiences, like being attacked by cyclops and snakes. But one day I was jogging through the park and this thing attacked me. It was like 40 feet tall and had reptile legs. It left the park in ruins and I ran for my life. I never stopped. I got on buses, ran, and got rides from strangers. I had no intention of returning and no destination. Just get away from the monsters. I ended up in some deep woods. I knew I was somewhere in New York. Even then, before I knew who I was I knew I was dangerous and special. I was apart of something big.

Anyway, back to the moment. While I was taking a break, 6 demon dogs surrounded me. My legs trembled, I breathed deeply, and looked for an escape. But, there was none. The monsters had finally bested me. The biggest, it was the size of a MINIVAN. It glared at me and I gulped. Before it was about to pounce a blazing light killed them all and turned off. I fell to the ground. I didn't see the source but my eyes burned. I looked behind me and saw a young man in a blue t-shirt and cargo shorts. He had a backpack on. "Hi, I'm Hermes." he said. "Like-like the God? No way!" I stammered. "The denial should be left for later, son. This is only a dream. My true form knocked you out. We don't have much time." he said. "You are my son, and the most important. The Gods need you. Zeus has re-opened Olympus, but refuses to accept demigod help. There is an important seven, and you are one of them." Hermes said. There was too many questions in my head, I was too confused to say anything. "I bring gifts. This is the only time I may help you, Evan. A hero, especially of your importance, must find his own path." Hermes said. He tossed me the backpack and smiled. His form flickered. "Zeus is summoning me back to Olympus, so I must hurry." he said quickening his words. "Find Leo Valdez and Jason Grace, they will aid you. Good -bye, make me proud!" he said before he vanished. I woke up in a room with a back pack in my lap.

Last edited by appsoda on 11/4/2010, 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/4/2010, 12:18 pm

Those are not powers.

Is your RP Example really part of your character? If so, it would not be allowed; you cannot make your character one of the 7 from The Lost Hero, and Hermes cannot visit you.
    appsoda
    appsoda

Male

Post by appsoda 11/4/2010, 5:35 pm

OK, do I have to change the powers?

New RP:

RP: Before I knew it there were 6 red eyed black dogs the size of tigers surrounding me. Before I tell you what happens I should explain some backstory. I used to live in Quebec, Canada. I had four friends all my life. But, there was one I felt close to. Her name was Nicole and she radiated power. She was very nice, and I could always trust her. We shared some weird experiences, like being attacked by cyclops and snakes. But one day I was jogging through the park and this thing attacked me. It was like 40 feet tall and had reptile legs. It left the park in ruins and I ran for my life. I never stopped. I got on buses, ran, and got rides from strangers. I had no intention of returning and no destination. Just get away from the monsters. I ended up in some deep woods. I knew I was somewhere in New York. Even then, before I knew who I was I knew I was dangerous and special. I was apart of something big.

Anyway, back to the moment. While I was taking a break, 6 demon dogs surrounded me. My legs trembled, I breathed deeply, and looked for an escape. But, there was none. The monsters had finally bested me. The biggest, it was the size of a MINIVAN. It glared at me and I gulped. Suddenly warriors rushed forward and killed the monsters. I was so surprised I blacked out. I woke up in a room with a back pack in my lap.

P.S. Is it okay if Hermes sends the backpack as a gift?
    appsoda
    appsoda

Male

appsoda's Characters Empty Evan's demigod friend, Nicole

Post by appsoda 11/4/2010, 6:07 pm

Name: Nicole Smith
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: white blonde
    Height: 5 ft 3
    Body Type: small
    Skin Color: pale
    God Parent: Boreas
    Mortal Parent: Jessica Smith
    Country of Origin: Quebec, Canada
    Pets: none
    Talents: good at snowball fighting, plays harp (taught by Evan), can sing beautifully
    Weapon**: a dagger called "Icicle"
    Flaws: too nice, curious, easily tricked
    Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): freeze things with her touch, can make a cold wind blow
    Life Before CHB*: She was homeschooled by Evan's mom. She was attacked by many monsters along with Evan. She lived a quite normal life besides that. She was bullied at her private school and started being homeschooled in the third grade. After finding out about Evan's disappearance she runs away and tries to find him.

RP: I was stranded out here in the woods. I had attempted to find Evan after running away. I packed water bottles, 100$, and my dagger. I had found Evan in Brooklyn. I followed him and eventually followed him into the woods. I had ran right into a tree before I caught up to him. My nose was broken, I couldn't get up, and I couldn't see straight. I heard nearby growls. There was probably some wolves in here. Then I heard yelling and fighting. What was happening to Evan, I had to find out. I jumped to my feet, knife ready. I found him in a clearing. He was unconscious. Five kids were carrying him off. "What're you doing to him?" I asked. "He's unconscious, we're bringing him into the sick room. Who are you?" a kid with blonde hair and a bow on his back said. "Who're you?" I asked. "Matthew, son of Apollo." he said. "Just, nevermind. Your obviously a demigod if you made it in here. Come with us, we need to fix that broken nose." he said.

Last edited by appsoda on 11/4/2010, 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kiryuu-Kun
    Kiryuu-Kun
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 14056
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

Post by Kiryuu-Kun 11/4/2010, 6:53 pm

your powers are more like skills.
    ML
    ML
    Role Playing Addict

Male
    Number of posts : 26561
    Registration date : 2009-12-19

Post by ML 11/4/2010, 6:55 pm

A human doormat is not a flaw
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/4/2010, 8:04 pm

If her god parent is unknown, she can't have powers.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/4/2010, 8:06 pm

What does the backpack do?

Sponsored content