A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The Lost Sister

demigodsc1
    demigodsc1

Female
    Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2010-11-04

The Lost Sister Empty The Lost Sister

Post by demigodsc1 11/4/2010, 7:49 pm

Bam!!! My head slammed against the wall, hard enough to crack it. I sank to the floor and pool blackness washed over me, I could hear distant voices arguing but I couldn't make out the words. All I felt was a sharp stabbing pain in my head and liquid flowing down the back of my head. All I wanted was for this pain to stop, and it did as I slipped into unconsciousness. The pain was somehow gone, and I started hearing an angel crying and saying my name
    "Dylan, Dylan sweetie can you hear me?"
    Questions started floating into my head like why is an angel crying or why is it calling me sweetie, but all that was interrupted with sharp stab of pain in the back of my head.
    I moaned "Mom"
    and there was an answer "Dylan I'm right here, sweetie open your eyes."
    I moaned again and there was yet again a response "Dylan where does it hurt honey?"
    I replied "My head."
    I opened my eyes to see my mom standing over me next to a man that I've never seen before. The guy was bald, with brown eyes and wimpy arms.
    The man asked “Dylan can hear me?" I answered back yes.
    "Dylan can u do me a favor and follow my light" he asked I didn't understand why he was treating me like 6 year old but I managed to get out an uhuh.
    He flashed a light in my eyes and I winced, I tried my best to follow it but it didn't quite work so instead I closed my eyes and asked him to stop, and he did.
    He turned to my mom and said "He has a mild concussion and contusion ..."
    he rummages in his bag and pulls put needle and sticks it in my arm. I yelped, all of a sudden I feel dizzy and tired. I can only catch his last few words before falling back into the pool of darkness
    "A little pain reliever will help and make sure he gets a lot of rest...."
    I don't catch the rest because I fall back into unconsciousness. When I wake up again my mom is sitting right beside me stroking my hair.
    "Mom" I say in a low whisper like voice
    "I'm right here Dylan” How are you feeling...Are you in pain"
    I lie and say no, but she sees right through my act and starts to get up but I grab her arm. She looks at me
    "Dylan it's ok, am just going to get some painkillers for you"
    I groan and then say " No just stay here ... I don't want any painkillers."
    She reluctantly sits back down and strokes my hair again. There's silence between us for couple seconds then I break it "Where's Brent?"
    Brent is my mom's "husband" and my step dad, we don't really get along, actually we pretty much hate each other. When we first met him he was nice for the first four minutes. He's a NFL football player with some pretty good muscles. Every time he sees my mom he basically makes out with her and then slaps her butt and treats her like his maid. Whenever he gets me really mad we go at it and the worst I've ever gotten was a black eye, until yesterday. Yesterday we had it out; he slapped my mom on the face for not getting him a root beer when he asked her too. That just crossed the lines and I kneed him where boys should never be kneed at. He vomited on the floor and threw me across the room against the wall were I hit my head.
    "He's at work, and he's sorry that he threw you against the wall," she answered
    "You should say sorry to him Dylan."
    "After what he did to me yah right" I said coldly.
    My mom's eyes watered and she said "Please Dylan please do it for me,"
    I said "Fine, as soon as I stop seeing stars."
    That really worried her "I'll be right back," she got out of my grasped and disappeared in the hallway, and came back with a needle.
    “How did you get a needle?"
    " Dr. White gave it to me for when you wake up and you have a lot of pain."
    I tried to protest but she took my arm and held it while the other hand plunged the needle into my arm. I groaned,
    "I know I know, but it’s the best for you." She kissed my forehead and I fell asleep.
    When I woke up, the sharp pain was still there but a little better. I felt something on my forehead and when I touched it I felt a bandage, I can't believe I just noticed this. My mom came up from behind and sat down on the couch, I hadn't realized that she has blonde hair and blue eyes. I guess I hadn't paid attention all these years. I guess I thought that I get most of the looks from her but I guess not because I have brown hair and brown eyes.
    “You look nice," I said,
    she smiled and replied” Exactly how hard did you hit your head"
    I laughed which didn't help my head.
    “How are you feeling" she said
    and then she stroked the back of my head and I screamed out in pain, the pain had come back bigger and worse than before. She immediately took her hand back and ran down the hall. The pain was so unbearable that I blacked out but the pain was still there. I screamed, yelled, and moaned anything this keep horrible monster from devouring me. I heard footsteps coming into the living room, and then the pressure of the needle going into my arm. I immediately fell asleep. For the next few days I went in and out of consciousness, a couple times I saw Brent grinning at me and other times I felt my mom putting a cold cloth on my forehead. When I finally did come through my head was throbbing painfully but fortunately much better than before. I opened my eyes to see Brent laid out on his chair watching recent football games of his. I stood up and the whole room started spinning, I steadied myself using the armrest from the couch for my support. I started walking to the kitchen and Brent said
    " You cost me $300 for the wall you dented,"
    I gritted my teeth and said " You threw me against the wall."
    he turned from the TV to face me " Your in no shape to be starting something with me"
    " And you’re in no shape to fight me dimwit."
    He pinned me to the wall so fast that I didn't even see him get up from his chair. He was choking me while pinning me against the wall, I couldn't breathe. I managed to choke out a couple of words
    "Can't breathe," he smiled and tightened his grip " Should have thought of that before you called me a dimwit , and guess what your mom isn't here and you’re stuck with me,"
    I choked my last few words " let go, I'm sorry, I'm sorry"
    his smile stayed but he let go letting me drop to my knees. I gasped for air, once I had air back into my lungs I stumbled down the hallway to my mom's room. Surprisingly she was there but she was looking at a picture of a girl and crying. I walked in and said
    "Mom are you ok?"
    she jumped and said “Yah I'm fine."
    “Who’s the girl in the picture?"
    “Oh ...um no one”
    I glared at her, she looked down to the floor and said "I can't keep it from you anymore Dylan... it's time to know that you have a sister.

The room started spinning again and this time I lost my balanced and would have fallen to the ground if my mom didn't catch me. She laid me down on her bed and stroked my hair.
    "Are you ok?" she asked
    "Yah I'm fine, but what did you say?"
    “Are you ok"
    "No before that"
    "Oh… um no one"
    "Mom seriously" I started getting annoyed
    she looked down again and muttered “You have a sister."
    She stopped stroking my hair and went to her drawer, and took out a box. She came back and sat on the bed and opened up the box it was full of pictures, love notes, and medals. She fished around the box and took out a single picture. The picture was a picture of me when I was five and there was a girl about three year old next to me smiling she had my mother's eyes and my curly brown hair. I was trying to remember what had happened but I couldn't remember.
    My mom asked “Do you remember her,"
    I thought hard, I really wanted to remember but I couldn't. It was weird, because I'm known for my memory, I said “No I don't remember,"
    it startled my mom because she knew that I never forgot a thing, she looked worriedly at my head and shook her head.
    “Dylan what's my name?"
    I was taken aback by this question because surely I knew my own mother's name but when I thought about it I couldn't think of the name. I tried to think harder but it just gave me a headache. I winced at the effort,
    my mom saw this and repeated in a strained voice "Dylan what's my name?"
    I answered “I can't remember."
    She got an alarmed look on her face, and told me to lay down and just relax. I obeyed with no exceptions, anyways I was tired. I must have fallen asleep, because seconds later I felt my mom shaking me gently to wake up.
    “Wake up sweetie,"
    I lazily opened my eyes to see my mom and Dr.White standing over me. I don't like this guy because he plunged a needle into my arm.
    Dr. White asked “Dylan are you feeling ok?"
    I said "Yah but I'm tired and my head's throbbing."
    He looked at mom, then me and said
    " If you want you can go back to sleep."
    I closed my eyes and fell asleep. I woke up in a baby blue room; there was a TV, and a chair. I realized I was in a hospital room, I panicked how did I get here and where's my mom. I tried to scream but my mouth felt like it was full of cotton. The door opened and my mom came in, she pulled the chair closer to my bed and started stroking my arm.
    “Hi Dylan how are you feeling,"
    that's all she could say not oh I'm sorry that I didn't tell you that you were going to be a hospital. I was angry at her but it only lasted a minute because I can't stay mad at her.
    "I'm fine but why am I in the hospital?”
    She looked at the ceiling and looked back at me
    " because you couldn't remember anything and Dr.White wanted to do some tests."
    I suddenly went back into panic mode “What were the results of the tests?"
    She looked right into my eyes and said “We don't know yet."
    We waited for about 20 minutes then Dr. White came in and said
    “He just has amnesia, there's nothing else wrong with him, and you may take him home now."
    Nurses came in and unhooked all the plugs from me, then they left (shoot there was a cute one). I stood up and felt dizzy, my mom steadied me. We walked out of the hospital and into my mom's car. I got in and almost immediately fell asleep. When I woke up I was in my room. I got up and went into my mom's room and she was there watching TV. She smiled and said
    “Good afternoon mister lazy head"
    "Hi" I replied.
    I crawled onto her bed and said “You never finished telling me about my sister,"
    she turned off the TV and turned towards me
    “I thought you forgot."
    “Nope, so tell"
    She began “You were born first, and then 2 years later you got a little sister, that's when your dad went to war. About 2 years later we got the note that he'd been shot and killed, you were really mad. You wouldn't talk to anyone; you really loved your dad. Anyways after he died I didn't have the money to take care of both of you so I was going to send you to foster care because you were the oldest and you could handle yourself better. But your sister Amy she wanted it to be you that stayed with me and she wouldn't take no for an answer so I had no choice but to give her up. Then when we met Brent I knew he was a jerk but he had the money and he said that if I married him he'd give me $20 a week and I said yes because I wanted to get enough money to get someone to find Amy and then we'd be together again."
    she had started crying in the middle of the story and now her eyes were red and puffy.
    “I’m so sorry that I kept this from you."
    I didn't know what to say, so I just muttered “It’s ok."
    My mom looked at me with her watery blue eyes, I turned away. She grab my arm and said
    “Dylan look at me,"
    I got out of her grasped and asked
    “What orphanage?"
    "The one on East Street."
    I walked out of the room and I could hear my mom crying, I felt bad but how could she not tell me this. I went into my room and closed the door. I got my backpack and opened it. I put two outfits; I went to the kitchen and got two bottles of water. I sneaked back to my room and put the waters in my bag. I went into my drawer and took out my Swiss army knife and put in the smallest compartment. I thought for a second and then went back into my mom's room luckily she wasn't there anymore. I took out the box with the pictures and notes. I looked at the pictures and took out the one that had a picture of my sister at the age of five, I put the box back and went back to my room where I turned over the picture and wrote Amy Sharpe. Hopefully she still goes by her last name, I also wrote down 12 years old because she’s two years younger than me. I put it in my jean pocket, and I hid my backpack under my bed. That night I pretended to go to sleep early, my mom came in and gave me a kiss good night, I wanted to reject it but I had a feeling that I wasn’t coming back for awhile. After I heard Brent snoring and my mom’s door closed, I jumped out of bed and grabbed my shoes, jacket, wallet, and backpack. I tied my shoes, pulled on my jacket, and slung my backpack over my shoulder; I was ready to leave but something dawned on me. I grabbed a paper and wrote down I LOVE YOU – Dylan I stuck it on the refrigerator door and headed for the door, I turned the knob and walked into the cold, fresh night. My plan was to head over to a motel and catch an early bus for East side. So I walked over to the closest motel which was about a mile away from the bus station. I walked into the entrance and went over to the reception
    “A room for one”
    the receptionist looked at me strangely and asked
    “ Aren’t you a little young to be checking into to a motel by yourself”
    “ Nope I’m fourteen, as in teen.”
    He decided to not ask any more questions and gave me a room key
    “Smart Man” I told him.
    I went up to the room and put my backpack down; I set my watch to 5:00 am, and fell asleep. I woke up at 5:00 am sharp, and immediately got my backpack and ran out of the room, I had about 20 minutes to catch the early bus, but as I descended the stairs I saw police. My first instinct was to run, but instead I backed up a few steps and thought to myself they can’t be here for you, of course I was wrong.
    “We’re looking for a fourteen year old white boy with curly brown hair, brown eyes, and 6 feet tall.”
    The head police officer said, the receptionist said “Why yes there was a boy like that that just checked in last night, let’s go take the elevator.”
    As soon as they were in the elevator I took the back exit and ran to the bus, but yet again I was stopped in my tracks, because there was police and Brent right there. I ran the other way and stepped out in the street and whistled for a cab, immediately a cab pulled up and I got in. I told the driver to head to East Street and fast, he didn’t say anything and stepped on it. Once we got there he asked me if I wanted to walk or would I like a ride, I said walk. I gave him twenty and told him to keep the change. It took about 30 minutes t o get to the orphanage. As soon as I turned around the corner I saw loads of police, I dove into a bush. I peeked out and saw the police talking to …. BRENT, he must follow them everywhere. It hit me, I knew exactly why Brent was following the police, and it was because when he found me he’d kill me. I went to the back of the orphanage and climbed over the fence, into another bush. The police must have already told the workers to keep an eye out for me, so my best shot would be asking some kids. I looked around and saw the playground was filled with boys and girls ages 6-16.
    I walked over to a fourteen year old and said “Hey”
    he looked at me and said “Hey… do I know you?”
    “Uh no but I was wondering if you know a girl named Amy Sharpe”
    His eyes lit up “ Yah do she got adopted, around what 3 years ago”
    “Hmm… Do you know who adopted her”
    “No, but I know how we can find out, follow me.”
    I followed him into the orphanage and we went into an office. He opened a drawer and thumbed thru it, finally finding a purple folder that had Amy Sharpe written on it. He gave it to me and said
    “You’d better get out of here before the warren gets here… and if you find Amy tell her Danny says hi and misses her.”
    “Hmm Ok, you must have gotten really along with my sister “
    His eyes lit up again and his mouth fell open “Amy Sharpe is your sister!”
    “Uh yah”
    “She was more than a friend to me she was my best friend”
    “Oh um wow ok”
    “No prob, now get outta here before you get caught”
    “ Thanks man”
    I walked out of the office and ran towards the playground. Right when I was about to step out the door I heard a deep voice
    “ Hey you stop?”
    I turned and saw a police officer coming my way. I panicked, he was seven feet away, so I decided to run. I ran outside and hopped over the fence, I heard his footsteps so I kept on running.
    Arik
    Arik
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 20528
    Registration date : 2010-06-05

The Lost Sister Empty Re: The Lost Sister

Post by Arik 11/4/2010, 7:49 pm

Don't post the story in more then one topic.

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 3:49 pm