A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Has anyone ever read the Warrior series?- Warriors fanfiction

Panda Coffee
    Panda Coffee
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3209
    Registration date : 2010-10-22

Has anyone ever read the Warrior series?- Warriors fanfiction Empty Has anyone ever read the Warrior series?- Warriors fanfiction

Post by Panda Coffee 12/29/2010, 7:17 pm

This is a fanfiction story about the Warrior series minus the charries in the books.

Preface

The white, cold snow was pressing around her, threatening to suffocate her. She had no fight left in her body and she knew no help would come. So why keep fighting? Why keep prolonging the inevitable? So she did what she knew would happen eventually, she gave in, she gave into death, she gave in to the end of life. The blackness was all around her comforting her, cutting her off from the world she would never see again.

Chapter 1, part 1

Moonpelt trotted up to Wisestar “Aren’t you going to assign patrols?” she asked the ailing tom curiously.
    ”Where’s Blackheart?” He answered grumpily.
    ”He’s leading the attack on ShadowClan remember?” Moonpelt told him worried.
    ”Oh how silly of me yes I remember.” He said seeing the worry in her eyes.
    Moonpelt sighed in relief as he trotted to the middle of the ThunderClan camp and started calling out names for the hunting patrol. She was surprised when he called out her name for dawn patrol. But nonetheless she trotted over to her fellow warriors, Pinepelt and her apprentice Amberpaw, Shiningdreams, Wheatpelt, and herself.

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Once out of the camp the Moonpelt glanced at the rest of the patrol, a very large one actually unusual for the day of a battle. Pinepelt, who’s story was tragic her parents had been killed soon after birth by a group of raiding ShadowClan warriors, ever since that battle ThunderClan had been hostile to ShadowClan, Pinepelt’s apprentice Amberpaw who had been in a previous battle and had been injured stuck in camp for a moon while she healed, Shiningdreams who had been unofficially stepping in for the medicine cat that ShadowClan had killed, and Wheatpelt the only one in this group who had a good story no deaths or injuries had tarnished her life unless you counted when she was a apprentice when Moonpelt’s kits had been killed by a badger. Moonpelt shook her head trying to clear the memories before hers hit her.
    Suddenly a loud yowl pierced the cold leafbare air and Moonpelt realized she had fallen behind the patrol and she rushed to the origin of the sound. The bitter ShadowClan scent filled her scent glands and she ran into a clearing to find the patrol being attacked by a huge ShadowClan battle patrol. Amberpaw was already gone, probably to get reinforcements, the problem was that there were none. The battle patrol had already left and we needed the rest of the warriors to guard the camp. Moonpelt shook her head as a ShadowClan apprentice flew her way, she made quick work of him giving him a bite even BloodClan would respect, as she watched him run out of the clearing towards the ShadowClan border, she leaped into the fray.
    Battles are bloody sad things; although the warrior code prevents most killings they don’t prevent serious, even fatal injuries. I learned later that Amberpaw had been fatally bitten in the neck and had started to run back to camp. She never made it, she had been dead halfway there.

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

The days after the battles were horrendous, so much blood, death, and no medicine cat. The total count was 3 dead and countless injured, among the dead was Amberpaw, my mate Blackheart, and Darksoul. Blackheart and Darksoul died in ShadowClan territory and Amberpaw lost her life in our own territory. Wisestar lost his eighth life and is on his last one, the whole clan was terrified that their leader wouldn’t make it through the rest of leafbare, let alone the next attack.
    “Moonpelt?” Pinepelt says, startling Moonpelt from her thoughts.
    “Uh yeah?” Moonpelt replies.
    “Are you ok?”
    “Yeah why wouldn’t I be?”
    “You know…” Seeing the blank look on Moonpelt’s face she adds “You lost your mate.”
    “Oh yeah, he died fighting like a warrior. Like he always wanted to.”
    “Oh.”
    “Are you ok?”
    “No.”
    “Is it Amberpaw?”
    “Yeah.”
    “You do know that she died trying to save us, she died a hero.”
    “I know but I just can’t believe she’s gone she was so young.” Pinepelt sobs.
    “I know, I know.” Moonpelt says and puts her head on Pinepelt’s shoulder in an effort to comfort her.
    “I better go the vigil starts soon.” She said and walked away to where the bodies lay in the center of the camp. Moonpelt followed and pressed her nose against her mate’s cold fur, signaling the start of the vigil.
    Panda Coffee
    Panda Coffee
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3209
    Registration date : 2010-10-22

Has anyone ever read the Warrior series?- Warriors fanfiction Empty Re: Has anyone ever read the Warrior series?- Warriors fanfiction

Post by Panda Coffee 2/17/2011, 10:39 pm

Chapter 1, part 2

The next day Moonpelt stirred in her nest, sore from the battle. As the memories hit her tears sprang to her eyes, she looked at Blackheart’s empty nest and sniffed at it, the stale smell confirming that the events from yesterday were more then a bad dream. She looked around the den and saw Pinepelt finally sleeping soundly, Moonpelt had had a lot in her paws trying to get her to sleep and was grateful that the she-cat got her hours of forgetfulness that Moonpelt cherished.
    Moonpelt trotted out of the den, it was almost nightfall and leafbare was in its worst stage yet, the snow a cat’s height and the nights bitter cold. Moonpelt leaped over the snow to where the fresh-kill should be and dug in the snow, nothing was there. She groaned “Great.” She muttered and walked to the entrance of the camp, nodding at the guard she walked into the chilly night air, all of her senses alert for prey or intruders. Moonpelt caught the mouthwatering scent of rabbit. She got into her hunting crouch, her tail strait out behind her and haunches crouching as she stalked the rabbit through the underbrush. She saw the rabbit nibbling on a root at the foot of a tree and flew into action, shifting her weight to her haunches as she pushed off strongly, almost flying through the air to land on a startled rabbit. She shook it in her jaws until she heard a snap and buried it at the foot of the tree.

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

As the fresh-kill pile slowly grew so did the hunger in Moonpelt’s belly, it grew to the point that she finally returned to camp and grabbed a piece of fresh-kill. As she snacked on her vole Moonpelt thought of all the warriors who had lost their lives fighting for her clan. Tears sprang to her eyes as she reached the end of the list and its three new occupants .As Moonpelt recovered from her newest fit, Pinepelt grabbed a piece of fresh-kill and trotted over. As she dropped the fresh-kill at her paws “Mind if I join?” she asked.
    “Not at all.” Moonpelt replied as she dug into the meat.
    “It’s quite early don’t you think.” Pinepelt asked as she watched the faint glow in the horizon get brighter as the sun rose.
    “Some of us can’t sleep until noon.” Moonpelt joked.
    “I do not sleep till noon.” Pinepelt said as she flicked Moonpelt’s ear with her tail.
    “I’d better go I have to assign patrols.” Moonpelt said as the memories of her deputyship came flooding back to her, and she got up, walking to the center of the clearing she yowled for attention.
    “Dawn patrol will be Wheatpelt, Birdsong, and Smokepaw.” She announced.
    “The fresh-kill is stocked enough for now but later I want Pinepelt, Redheart, Goldenpelt, and Stormheart to go on a hunting patrol. That is all.” Moonpelt added and walked up to Wisestar’s den.
    “Wisestar?” She called out.
    “Go away.” Was the only response.
    “Wisestar, I think Birchkit, Maplekit, and Oakkit are ready to be apprentices.”
    “What are you waiting for?”
    “You, it is traditional for the clan leader to hold all of the ceremonies.”
    With that the old tom stumbled out of the den “When does dawn patrol get back?” He asked.
    “They just left, give it a while before you call the clan together.” With Moonpelt’s finale words Wisestar grunted and went back into his den.

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 7:38 pm