A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+3
Kolton Blaze
Lady Reyna
Lady Arbitrary
7 posters

Olivia's Bunk

Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1433
    Registration date : 2012-01-27

Olivia's Bunk - Page 4 Empty Re: Olivia's Bunk

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/19/2013, 11:19 am

Dez was nervous about this one. He had always thought that he was close to Olivia, and that the two of them were happy siblings, but back near the end of the quest, it showed that what he thought wasn't necessarily true. None of them trusted him at that stage, but she was perhaps the one he was most disappointed about. Did she mourn him when he passed? Or did she simply not care? More importantly, what would she think of him now? Did Catos' previous hate of him rub off on her?
    Those thoughts buzzed around his head as he walked up to her door, and knocked on it slowly. Anxiously, he waited for the response with Skylar next to him.
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 9825
    Registration date : 2011-11-09

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/19/2013, 11:40 am

Skylar squeezed her fiancé's hand tight "You don't need to be so tense Dez. Olivia is my best friend, if she has hard feelings we will talk them over, together." she gave him a reassuring smile. "There's no need to worry."
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female
    Number of posts : 1992
    Registration date : 2011-12-09

Post by Lady Arbitrary 12/19/2013, 3:47 pm

Olivia awoke to a knock on her door. She sighed and rolled out of bed, landing on the floor with a loud thump.
    "Coming!" she yelled as she untangled herself from the comforter. Olivia got up and opened the door, hastily smoothing her hair. She looked up. A myriad of emotions were evident on her visage, ranging from pure surprise to anger, before she settled on a poker face.
    "I'm assuming you two have something to tell me?"
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/19/2013, 3:56 pm

Dez swallowed lightly, and looked at Sky briefly, wanting her to talk first, in case he said something wrong.
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/19/2013, 4:08 pm

"Hey Olivia, I'm sorry did we wake you?" Skylar bit her lip feeling guilty for disturbing her.
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 12/19/2013, 5:13 pm

Olivia smiled tightly. "No, Sky, you didn't do anything. But plainly, we have some things to talk about." She opened her door wider and motioned for them to come inside.
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/19/2013, 5:21 pm

"Phew that's a relief, I'd hate for my best friend to be mad at me." Skylar returned her smile and walked in dragging Dez along.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/19/2013, 5:38 pm

Dez shuffled in uncomfortably, on Sky's "leash". He partly expected the worst.
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 12/19/2013, 6:02 pm

Olivia was getting edgy. She was trying hard to avoid looking Dez in the eye. She knew this conversation would have to happen eventually, but confrontations made her nervous. She struggled to speak evenly.
    "Why did you come here?"
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/19/2013, 6:07 pm

"I know after everything that happened it seems strange for Dez to be alive again, and here after the quest. He has some explaining to do, then we'd like to share our good news with you if that's okay?" Skylar felt bad she was making Olivia uncomfortable but hopefully everything would work out nicely.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/19/2013, 6:22 pm

It was then Dez's turn to be even more uncomfortable. He had told this story only a few times now, but it felt like a lot. And he hated thinking about it.

"Well... I-ugh... after the quest, when I died, I came back and carried on living, but as a shadow. 3 months for you passed, but it was 3 years worth for me for some reason, in the state I was in. I ended up taking a deal..." Dez paused and bit his lip, wanting to discuss any of that bit again, before continuing. "With someone who found and could see me. And well... I'm back here."
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 12/21/2013, 9:18 pm

Olivia frowned as she listened. When they had come back from the quest, Olivia was unconscious. She had been like that for most of the fight with the demon, so she had had no idea that Dez was dead, or even still on their side in the fight. When she had awoken in the infirmiry, Olivia had assumed that Dez, like the rest of her quest mates, was getting on with his life. She had also correctly assumed that his allegiance to the demon was a bluff, but she was still upset at him for leading her directly to what she feared most in the world. Olivia now had no idea what to say. She was still upset, but Dez had just died and come back. And apparently there was more they had to tell her. Olivia shook her head and laughed.
    "Unbelievable. What else could you possibly need to tell me?"
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/22/2013, 11:00 am

"Well...." Skylar smiled and held up her left hand "We're getting married and I'd like you to be my maid of honor." She hoped that Olivia would say yes. After all she was Skylar's best friend and she wouldn't want anyone else to be. Skylar knew things were still awkward now but wanted desperately to fix things between them all.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/23/2013, 11:27 am

Dez smiled at Olivia, hoping to God that her reaction was positive. He wanted all of their friends to be with them on this, and she was his sister. Family was important to Dez, if her reaction was negative... that could hit him hard.
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 12/24/2013, 10:33 am

Olivia laughed and shook her head. "I'm speechless." She stood there for a moment and chuckled to herself. Maybe she was crazy, but she couldn't help but laugh at how absurd the situation had gotten.
    "Dez, you mean to tell me you died and came back? I'm not even going to ask what kind of deal you made to secure that. And now marriage?" Olivia's speech collapsed into hysterical giggles. She took a minute to compose herself.
    "Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you. I'm actually honored you want me to be your maid of ... well, honor. I just ..." she grinned.
    "You know what? I will definitely be your maid of honor. And I hope you two have a fantastic life together."
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/24/2013, 10:44 am

Skylar smiled at Olivia and hugged her tightly. "Not quite the raction I expected but it's still a hood one!" she joined Olivia in laughter. "Thank you so much Liv, it means the world to me." at this point Skylar was out of tear, she needed to save some for the wedding anyway.
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 12/25/2013, 9:55 pm

Olivia smiled and hugged Skylar back. Now that she thought more about it, this seemed like a great idea. Her best friend was getting married! Olivia couldn't help but feel giddy at the prospect of flowers and nice dresses. She looked Skylar in the eye and beamed. Then she turned to Dez.
    "Now, we have some things to discuss."
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/25/2013, 10:10 pm

"I'll be over here." Skylar kissed Dez on the cheek and went to sit on Olivia's bed. They had their own issues to sort out and Skylar wasn't going to butt in, unless she really needed to.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/26/2013, 3:59 am

Dez sighed inside, and accepted his fiancé's kiss gladly, before turning his attention towards Olivia. He truly hoped this wasn't too diminishing for his spirit.

"Yes?" He welcomed her to begin.
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 12/26/2013, 8:21 pm

Olivia looked Dez in the eye. "Dez, can you please explain to me what happened back there in the quest?" The only thing Olivia knew for sure about the demon fight was that Dez was still on their side, and even that knowledge was mostly guesswork, albeit fairly obvious guesswork. Why would he be at camp if her was a traitor?
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/27/2013, 4:39 am

After hearing those words, Dez immediately let out a long sigh, but began talking soon after.

"After I left because of Catos, I decided to contact the demon, talk to it, find out what it wants, and perhaps trick it into letting me work for it. I caused a bit of mayhem in a nearby town, making sure not to hurt or kill anyone, and soon it came. I also spoke to Dorian by Iris message. We made a plan..." Dez thought about his next words for a moment, finding it slightly difficult to properly remember the events of the quest. "The demon made me his lieutenant, and put me in charge of his troops, and defence of the mountain-more importantly, bring you lot to him.Now the demon had an orb... a sort of, crystal orb... his power was so great I couldn't hold it all at once, so he held a lot of it in his orb, which guarded all the time, not just in person, but in secret, namely, noone knew about it, he wasn't even the one that told me all about it, Dorian was the one who figured out the rest," he paused taking in a breath, and then a slightly vengeful look appeared in his eyes as he remembered the next bit. "I brought you to him, I was ready to go ahead with mine and Dorian's plan... when you didn't trust me, and the lot of you jumped the gun. I had to change the plan myself in that split-second, forced to use the orb to extract all his power so you guys could finish him, and it killed me," the vengeful look was slowly replaced by a sorrowful one. "There we go, end of story," a small, but fake grin appeared on his features. "Any questions?"
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/27/2013, 11:49 pm

Skylar sat on the bed silently while they talked things over. Just hearing about the quest again made her stomach churn. She wanted to forget about it all but it was still very important to her, even if the mere thought of the quest made Skylar depressed.
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 12/31/2013, 4:24 pm

Olivia sighed. "Damn." She didn't like how Dez had diverted from plan. It had just complicated things further. They probably would have gotten by fine without his false betrayal. Probably. She had to admit, the quest had gone fairly well. No one had died (for that long, anyway). But one thing bugged her.
    "Dez, I'm glad you're back. And I'm glad you thought fast enough to get us out of there." she frowned.
    "But necromancy is a serious business. I want to know who you got to bring you back and what the terms were."
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 1/1/2014, 7:17 pm

The continuation of this touchy subject was starting to get to Dez, and he knew it would start to properly make him angry if they were to continue. Couldn't they just get on with the wedding plans?

"Olivia..." he was about to say something to put her off, when he had to think about it for a second, and just managed to reconsider. "I'm a little wary about telling you this, as I don't see why I should trust you when you did not for me,but I am, in the hope that once I say this we'll drop the subject and move on...?" A moment passed, in which Dez hoped Olivia would come to understand that request. "Well... it was a witch, an old woman who could somehow see my shadow when others could not. She said she could return me to the realm of the living if I promised to undergo a quest, a guy called Dorian's quest, who's a friend of mine. But that me going along would certainly cause his death... I thought about it for a long time, extremely long, but... eventually some- I... I had to take it."
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 1/1/2014, 11:53 pm

Skylar walked over to Dez and laced her fingers with his. "It's okay Dez, you don't have to talk about it anymore." she squeezed his hand supportively. "Olivia he took the deal to save me...from myself." Skylar hoped she would catch on as it pained both herself and Dez to talk about it. "What's important is that we're all alive, after this quest we're going to relax and get married. We're finally happy." she spoke gently as this topic was delicate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 10:10 am