A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+15
mind soup
Oli_Paxton
natewolfe
Jules
Josh
Steve Rogers
Holly
John
Princess Amy
Tromokratis
BlackJack123
kaitycat4
Chuck
Blaze
Awesumitude
19 posters

Zephyros Creek

Zephyros Creek - Page 18 Empty Re: Zephyros Creek

Post by Guest 3/5/2013, 10:16 pm

Mitchell didn't see the tackle coming and is launched into the shallows of the creek. Panic rose inside of him, but he managed to keep himself calm and collected. All that he was focused on now was taking care of this kid. That and not getting killed. That would suck. Mitchell decides to use the water that was all around him as an advantage. When his powers came into contact, they generally got stronger. The son of Thor was naturally resistant to electricity, so he would be fine if he electrocuted the water. This boy, however, would not.

Mitchell forms a large ball of concentrated electricity in his hands. The boy was still in the water with him, so Mitchell wastes no time. He throws the ball at the water in front of the boy and it explodes, embracing Mitchell with electric-charged water. It was strong enough to kill a person. And this better had been the case. The person affected would most likely end up paralyzed and drown. What a fun way to die. Upon seeing the boy was done for, Mitchell sprints out.

Last edited by Taco on 3/13/2013, 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 5142
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Jordan 3/11/2013, 4:39 pm

Morgan Landry wrote:Her casual way of speaking surprised Jana Kay. The last Nereid she had encountered was a queen-mannered lady, so she had thought that this time, she could be formal and polite.
    But she was glad the Nereid reacted like this, she was surely a nice person.
    The blonde girl sat on a nearby rock. She didn't dare to sit down on the same rock as the nymph, because first off it would have been impolite and second, weird. They didn't know each other, and physical closeness was, she knew, an important factor in a conversation: too close was dangerous and impolite whereas too far... well, there wouldn't be any conversation at all.
    "Jana Kay Robertson," the blonde girl replied with a broad smile. "And you?"

Neryssa cringed as she spoke, her voice had gathered the same harshness of a roar from the air she could not breathe. "Neryssa." She told the girl sweeping a loose tentacle out of her eyes. Her hair writhed around her angular face and she sighed. It was hard to be out of the water... she should probably head back to the sea soon. "What deity do you come from?" The sea nymph asked cautiously. She liked only a few deities, not many cared for the sea or its inhabitants. She tucked her scaled legs underneath her body and moved her bag to her lap. She had a lot of odd nick-knacks in her bag and a lot of mementos from her adventures on land.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 3/13/2013, 3:06 pm

Jana noticed her scale-covered legs, and smiled. She loved nymphs.
    "My mother is Demeter," she answered with a broad smile.
    Jana Kay was very proud to have her as a mother, she had always been the deity she loved most, along with Hestia. They felt like the only deities capable of love and care. Of course, she liked the other gods, but not as much as the two.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 3/15/2013, 4:32 pm

The nymph nodded. Demeter was one of the few deities who actually cared about nature. Which was nice. Neryssa smiled at her new acquaintance, "So what are you doing in the forest?" She coughed, her voice rugged. She saw the daughter of Demeter picking berries earlier... maybe she could bring some back to the sea. The conversation was stale... not a whole lot was going on. "So what's your opinion on this impending war? Gaea's rising... major drama bomb." She trailed off. Nothing like a good divisive topic like war...
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/16/2013, 7:56 am

Jana Kay was about to answer her first question - what she was doing in the forest (taking a stroll after a day full of exercises, and why not, take a bath) - when Neryssa asked the second question.

"Oh," Jana said, and suddenly lost her usual broad smile.

This new war was driving her mad with fear. Jana Kay was an absolute pacifist, and she somehow hoped for a nice outcome for both sides, even though she knew it was practically impossible. Gaea would never let the matter go. In addition, several giants had come back to life and even Jana Kay, one of the most optimist persons, couldn't imagine them negotiating calmly with the gods around a cup of tea - or a cup of nectar. Even though that's what she would have done. Hey, my name's Jana Kay! So, you wanna overthrow the gods and destroy Humankind? Come in, have some coffee and biscuits, we'll calmly discuss the matter. I'm sure we can find a compromise!"
    Yeah, only she would be close to react like that.
    She looked up to Neryssa, who was still watching her.
    The nymph's eyes were really astonishing: deep blue, yet full of dim, changing light, as if the color had been cut out from a point just underneath the oceans's surface. It was almost as if Kay could see waves and foam moving in them.

"I... I'm damn afraid about it," she finally, frankly said. "I have survived the Titan's War by an inch-" she stroked her shoulder where the drakanae's spear had empaled her last summer; flashes of memory came to her mind: a giant hellhound, the moment of inattention and the sudden, agonizing pain in her shoulder.... - "and I don't want to live something like that again. I know it's somehow inevitable but..."

She looked at the sky and observed several seconds of silence, then resumed speaking.

"Why does always a war have to go on? Why can't they just let well enough alone?"

Jana Kay looked back at Neryssa.

"Do you realize that since the beginning of History, there has not been a single day of peace around the world? Never have there been no wars across the planet. Over two thousand years of bloodshed, pain, and loss. Why can't we just get the message and stop this?"

She sat back on her rock, her braid falling over her shoulder. The young girl absent-mindedly stroked the delicate petals of the white rose, enjoying their silky texture.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 3/17/2013, 12:58 pm

Neryssa understood. During the rise of Oceanus, the seas were a war zone. She had worked along side the creatures of the sea to defend Poseidon's forges and his kingdom. She had eventually been ordered to leave with her sisters as Poseidon left his kingdom to subdue the Typhon. There was so much damage, but they were rebuilding.

"I hate to be blunt... and possibly offensive, because you are half, but mortals are violent. It's in their nature to take, and want more. Isn't that why all wars start? Because someone thinks they deserve something the other has and tries to take it? Mortals are violent, it's not in their nature to be giving." Neryssa mumbled coldly. She sighed heavily, and ran a hand through her tentacled crown.

The Nymph hated war. It was so stressful and annoying... She wished she could just sink to the bottom of the sea to escape it all, but war was even present down there. But, at least in her situation, she could probably escape. Gaea was the goddess of the earth. Maybe that meant she had no connection to the sea.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/17/2013, 1:43 pm

Jana Kay looked up to her and pursed her lips.
    "I understand your point of view. I'm not putting into question your experience, you probably lived far longer than I have. But as far as I know humans, I believe they can be giving and forgiving. But I agree with the fact that they always want more; they're never satisfied."

She stood up and looked at the sky.

"And that's the moment when Nemesis gets into the play."

Jana had never met Nemesis, and even though she'd love to, she was not sure it the goddess would like her. At Camp, there were few Nemesis kids and all had a cunning sense for justice - something Jana Kay really valued. But in most situations, she valued mercy higher than justice. People often told her she was too nice, too kind. Too naive.
    But somewhere inside her, Jana was convinced Humankind could be happy, without wars.
    At the Golden Age, it had been like this!
    Yeah. But in the Golden Age, Cronus was ruling.
    And then came the Silver Age. Destroyed by Zeus... well, no. Turned into Underworld spirits by Zeus.
    And the Bronze Age. Killed as well.
    And the Iron Age, which ended by the deluge and Deucalion and Pyrrha re-creating Humankind with the stones.

The young girl looked at Neryssa. She couldn't help thinking her tentacle crown suited her well, even it wouldn't be her first choice as far as hair-dress was concerned.

But then, far away, the conch rang.

"Oh no!" she said. "I have to go eating. And I'd better be quick, otherwise I might come late."

She didn't know whether she should hug Neryssa, but since she was an open person, she did.

"I hope to see you soon!" she said with a great smile, and ran off.
    Christian
    Christian

Female
    Number of posts : 2417
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Christian 8/1/2013, 11:31 pm

Joseph wandered in.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512

Post by Kendall 8/1/2013, 11:32 pm

Kendall walked to the creek with her hands in her pockets.
    Christian
    Christian

Female

Post by Christian 8/1/2013, 11:34 pm

Joseph leaned against a boulder, checking his phone.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/1/2013, 11:35 pm

Kendall kicked a rock into the water, where it landed with a rather loud plunk in the rather murky darkness there.
    Christian
    Christian

Female

Post by Christian 8/1/2013, 11:38 pm

Joseph glanced at the river, hearing a slight plunk in the creek. He glanced at the person who threw the rock. It was a girl, who looked older than him. "Hello." He said, turning towards her.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/1/2013, 11:42 pm

ooc: she kicked it bro

bic:

"Hello there," Kendall replied briskly, not really looking at him; she was busy kicking more rocks into the creek, causing more loud plunks in the area around the creek.
    Christian
    Christian

Female

Post by Christian 8/1/2013, 11:45 pm

ooc: close enough

bic: Joseph checked his phone again,thinking he heard it ring. He shrugged when he saw no new notifications. "Joseph. Son of Persephone."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/1/2013, 11:47 pm

"Kendall, daughter of Ares. Do you stay in the Underworld gods cabin?" Kendall had heard that they'd built a few new cabins recently, and she'd taken the time last week to look around the courtyard. There were at least four new ones in addition to the old ones -- some not very good looking, but oh well. The gods were probably cheap.
    Christian
    Christian

Female

Post by Christian 8/1/2013, 11:50 pm

Joseph raised an eyebrow. "Um, yeah." He replied, tapping the side of his legs. Joseph picked up a stick, poking a big puddle of mud. "Ares huh?" He asked, awkwardly.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/1/2013, 11:53 pm

"Yeah. Dumb brickheads for siblings." Kendall stepped on a nearby stick with the heel of her foot and snapped it in half. "Not very fun. How 'bout you?"
    Christian
    Christian

Female

Post by Christian 8/1/2013, 11:56 pm

Joseph smirked. "My siblings are alright. Some are emos or goths, while the others are all happy and sunshiney." He brushed some dirt off of his shoulder. "Kinda weird if you ask me. I'm neither, thank the gods."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/2/2013, 12:00 am

"Mhm. I guess it's the flowers and the dead thing, always a funny mixture for a goddess." Kendall scratched her head, then rubbed her shoulder with a sigh. Stupid Eric, stupid fire bombs.
    Christian
    Christian

Female

Post by Christian 8/2/2013, 12:02 am

Joseph nodded. He checked his phone again. Still no text.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/2/2013, 12:03 am

Kendall frowned at the phone in Joseph's (Joe's?) hand, wondering how he'd gotten it to work in camp. "You get phone service here?"
    Christian
    Christian

Female

Post by Christian 8/2/2013, 12:06 am

Joseph looked up. "Oh, some Hermes kid got me some hotspot thingy ma-bob."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/2/2013, 12:09 am

"Hm. And not a kid of Athena? That's weird." Whenever Kendall had technical things that needed to be done, she went to the Athena kids -- perhaps because the Athena kids wouldn't try pickpocketing her if she even walked past their cabin.
    Christian
    Christian

Female

Post by Christian 8/2/2013, 12:12 am

Joseph shrugged. "I just thought that a Hermes kid would be good at stealing things for me; even phone service."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/2/2013, 12:16 am

"Phone service, huh? Well, that makes sense. More than most of the crap in camp, anyway." Kendall shrugged too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/13/2024, 10:45 pm