A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+6
Komaeda
Literate
Mason
Break
Davis
Jordan
10 posters

Entry #2

Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 5142
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Entry #2 Empty Entry #2

Post by Jordan 1/28/2013, 5:57 pm

Hello again! So a new item has been added to the site shop. "Secret Rooms".

Wanna know what that is? Well you know how in the Hephaestus cabin (according to the Lost Hero) their bunks can lead to a secret, personal workshop? Something like that.

Kids of Athena? Want your own secret library? Triton, your own personal aquarium or swimming pool? Now you can get it! (For 2000 drachmas)

At the moment you'll just have to (once you have one) RP in your character's bunk about going to the room. In order to get one, you need to PM an admin with the request and what you'd like the room to be. Unless I'm forgetting something, that's all for now!

Until next time!
    Davis
    Davis
    JAEGERRRRRRR

Female
    Number of posts : 1153
    Registration date : 2012-03-18

Entry #2 Empty Re: Entry #2

Post by Davis 2/8/2013, 5:21 pm

is it a one time rp or will you have access to it for every character for as many rps as you'd like?

do we get a number of how many people have it so we can debate whether it's worth purchasing?
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 2/8/2013, 7:16 pm

I don't understand your first question... Like do you only have access to it once? I don't exactly understand.

I could compile a list. Do you feel the price is set too high? I'd like some opinions.
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1714
    Registration date : 2012-02-13

Post by Break 2/8/2013, 7:19 pm

It's gotta be how much you reckon people will post in a week so maybe 25 or 50 I say
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 11340
    Registration date : 2011-11-05

Post by Mason 2/8/2013, 7:29 pm

I think the price is too high because unless they're buying a whole mansion 2000 drachmas is a lot.

If it's private and only for a few people, I suggest it being 1000-1500 drachmas, but just my opinion.
    Davis
    Davis
    JAEGERRRRRRR

Female

Post by Davis 2/9/2013, 6:16 pm

The price will determine how many people join, and the number of people will determine the price. i.e. if only 3 people have purchased it and can rp there, it's not worth 2000 drachmas because there's little you can do and you'll have no choice to who you're rping with. So people won't pay. And if people don't pay, people don't join. It's a vicious loop, so you'll need to find equilibrium and adjust the price depending on how many people would be willing to currently join. Might I suggest putting up a poll? Like a yes or no: would you be willing to pay 2000 drachmas for exclusive access to this part of the forum.

Also my first question, imagine the quests. You buy a quest and you get one quest to rp out and then if you wanna do it again you have to buy it again. Is it gonna be a once-per-payment deal like if I bought it, only one of my characters could go in and be rped there? Or after I buy it once, can all of my characters have unlimited access?
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 2/9/2013, 6:24 pm

Vulture wrote:It's gotta be how much you reckon people will post in a week so maybe 25 or 50 I say

I have no idea what you mean...

Hex Bugs Lover wrote:I think the price is too high because unless they're buying a whole mansion 2000 drachmas is a lot.

If it's private and only for a few people, I suggest it being 1000-1500 drachmas, but just my opinion.

Characters are more than that. We figured a personal room would be worth around that. But I'll look into that price range.

Finch wrote:The price will determine how many people join, and the number of people will determine the price. i.e. if only 3 people have purchased it and can rp there, it's not worth 2000 drachmas because there's little you can do and you'll have no choice to who you're rping with. So people won't pay. And if people don't pay, people don't join. It's a vicious loop, so you'll need to find equilibrium and adjust the price depending on how many people would be willing to currently join. Might I suggest putting up a poll? Like a yes or no: would you be willing to pay 2000 drachmas for exclusive access to this part of the forum.

Also my first question, imagine the quests. You buy a quest and you get one quest to rp out and then if you wanna do it again you have to buy it again. Is it gonna be a once-per-payment deal like if I bought it, only one of my characters could go in and be rped there? Or after I buy it once, can all of my characters have unlimited access?

I don't think setting up a poll would be reasonable, of course members would want the lowest amount possible, I can already guess the winning response.

OOHH. No, once you buy it, you have unlimited access, we're not that cruel.
    Davis
    Davis
    JAEGERRRRRRR

Female

Post by Davis 2/10/2013, 5:28 am

I don't think setting up a poll would be reasonable, of course members would want the lowest amount possible, I can already guess the winning response.

-

sure, but then put up a list of people with access. If it's only like three members who are known to do one-liners than i'm not going to waste my drachmas getting access.

although it'd be nice if you put up a list regardless of poll.

Also, a poll would be just an easier, more condensed way of collecting the data, which is what you're trying to do now by asking people what they want the price to be. Don't ask if they want it higher or lower. Ask if they'd buy it at 2k, yes or no.
    Literate
    Literate

Male
    Number of posts : 13

Post by Literate 2/10/2013, 1:30 pm

YO TWINE

You realise that each secret room purchased is a seperate room from the other rooms purchased, right? Which means that it doesn't matter who else has purchased the secret room because even if they are oneliner rpers that you don't want to rp with, you don't have to rp with them. Their rooms have nothing to do with yours. You can just invite people to rp in your own, personal secret room with your character and those people can be people you want to rp with.

At least that's how I understand it/
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 2/10/2013, 2:37 pm

Literate wrote:At least that's how I understand it/

That's how it was intended. That might be why your replies were confusing me so much finch... unless I'm still not understanding...
    Komaeda
    Komaeda

Female
    Number of posts : 2082
    Registration date : 2012-12-09

Post by Komaeda 2/10/2013, 6:19 pm

can kids of Amphitrite have a swiming pool too?
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 2/10/2013, 6:22 pm

Yeah, that'd be fine, if you want a special room, just say what you want, you won't really be denied unless you ask for something like a torture chamber, or an entire mall... maybe an amusement park ride or something too, but yeah, most things will probably be accepted.
    Davis
    Davis
    JAEGERRRRRRR

Female

Post by Davis 2/11/2013, 6:38 pm

That makes more sense in context but now i don't get it.

What if i just bought it and said everyone could rp there?
    Literate
    Literate

Male
    Number of posts : 13

Post by Literate 2/11/2013, 9:41 pm

Well it would hardly be a secret room then would it? Plus it would be your 2000 (maybe) drachmas that you'd waste by giving access to everyone. I think the idea is sound - though as you can see by my drachma count it's just a tad out of my reach. But then, everything is.

Last edited by Literate on 2/13/2013, 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Davis
    Davis
    JAEGERRRRRRR

Female

Post by Davis 2/12/2013, 5:20 pm

charles you're the absolutely swaggiest

if i get a secret room everyone can rp in it with or without me #yolo
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 14636
    Registration date : 2011-10-12

Post by Nemesis 2/12/2013, 8:57 pm

I am not as active on here anymore so feel free to neglect my opinion but I would believe since a secret room is to access of all your characters, then it should be set within the thousands range, just not too high to meet of disappointment of it being not what you expected, so I feel the current price should be lowered to a more reasonable price than 2000, seeing two thousand post are some what hard to achieve, even if effort is rewarding.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male
    Number of posts : 1923
    Registration date : 2010-11-19

Post by Theseus12 2/14/2013, 9:42 am

Not sure if this was already asked, and I'm too lazy to scroll through. Do Hephy kids already have theirs free?
    Davis
    Davis
    JAEGERRRRRRR

Female

Post by Davis 2/14/2013, 10:21 pm

you're too lazy to read what someone already took out the effort to write up for you?

if i were them I'd be too lazy to reply
    lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4469
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

Post by lost shadow 2/21/2013, 12:27 am

Do i have to pay for a basemenwith a tunnel into the forest...
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 2/21/2013, 8:58 pm

You would, but I wouldn't allow that.
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 2/22/2013, 4:44 am

jord one of my characters already uses a ' potion room' in his bunk
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male
    Number of posts : 747
    Registration date : 2008-10-16

Post by Zachary 5/21/2013, 4:46 am

I know I'm reviving an already dead topic, but this secret room thing isn't the smartest move. Unless you ban people for making secret rooms in their own bunk, then everyone has everything they want. You can't stop a person for going into their bunk and saying 'I enter the hatch under my bunk and go into my secret pool.' It's a complete waste of money, in my opinion.
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 5/21/2013, 4:28 pm

Agreed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content