A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+17
Gravity
Ryger17
Alyssa
Fist of Shadows
Royce Cox
DarkLionRider
magnetonrobo
Wisey
Prophet
Ryn the Sylph of Heart
kaitycat4
Jasper
Cheedos
Steve Rogers
High King Fridgeir
Daughter of Aphrodite 3
Josh
21 posters

Open sparring/training

Open sparring/training - Page 27 Empty Re: Open sparring/training

Post by Guest 8/17/2013, 5:16 pm

The Second Star TO the Right

"I guess I 'm good, I don't really pay attention." She said to the boy. Quinn fixed her hair, the bun was falling down. "I'm Quinn, by the way." The daughter of the evening star did not want to go any further in this conversation if she didn't know the boy's name. It's just mannerism, right?

Last edited by misswho on 8/21/2013, 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1363
    Registration date : 2013-01-15

Post by Ryger17 8/17/2013, 8:30 pm

"I'm decent enough with a sword. Not good like the Ares kids or Percy, but I have been good enough to survive this long." He shrugged and looked around at the many fighters in the arena, most of them Ares spawn.

"The name's Christian and I'm a son of Death or also known as Thanatos." He followed with an elaborate bow, causing his Stygian Iron sword to slip out of it's sheath and fall to the dirt. A frown appeared on his face, "Well how unfortunate."

Post by Guest 8/18/2013, 3:15 pm

Quinn cracked a small smile,  "That's good that you survived." Quinn blew a strand of hair out of her face. So the whole bun thing wasn't working out. Quinn untied her hair and let it fall down to the end of her rib cage.  "My dad's Hesperus." Quinn replied. Her smile faded as she watched Christian's  sword fall into the ground. "You could always pick it up." Quinn said to his last comment. It wasn't the end of the world that his sword fell, it's just a sword. Sure, it's going to be muddy but who cares? You can always wash it.

Speaking of weapons, where did that dumb throwing knife land? She turned around and saw it on the other side of the arena. Oh, so that's what he meant about being good.  "Excuse me." She said as she dashed to the other side of the arena. When Quinn got over there, she tried to pull it out. It was wedged in there well, so Quinn had to use both hands to get it out. After several minutes of tugging, the daughter of Hesperus got it out and gracefully ran back to the boy.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 8/18/2013, 3:35 pm

"It just takes a lot of effort to pick it up," he sighed. Christian knelt down and gripped the sword by the hilt and stood up, wiping the blade on his jeans. He rolled out his shoulders then sheathed the blade. His red eyes followed Quinn as she dashed off towards her thrown knife. In the time she struggled with removing it from the wall, Christian decided to sit down. She ran back to him and he stayed seated. Why get up?

"That must of been a powerful throw, seeing how much trouble you had removing it. How long have you been using knives?" Christian yawned widely. What had it been? Two days since he last slept well? Eh, he would live.

Post by Guest 8/21/2013, 9:11 pm

Playing with the knife Quinn answered, "Maybe..how old am I? All right 17, now, carry the one...and nine years." She concluded. Quinn really hated math, no matter how easy the problem is. She doesn't like math and math doesn't need to like her. "What about you and your sword. How long have you used that oversized knife?" In all honesty, Quinn did not care. She felt like campers compare them selves with each other by asking stupid things like that. The even compare their godly parents. One time this one Ares kid said that she can't do anything cool since her dad is a god for a dumb star. So Quinn flipped him over and broke his leg. She does not like to be insulted.  

But you have to ask these kinds of questions when you meet somebody. It's just how people at Camp Half Blood work. It's not how Quinn works, but she'll settle. Plus, she kind of needs some friends. After all, people tend to stay away from the kid using sharp knives and can brake people's legs. But hey, she was 10. Boys have cooties or whatever crap what her excuse when she saw Mr. D. and Chiron for punishment.
    Gravity
    Gravity

Male
    Number of posts : 198
    Registration date : 2013-01-08

Post by Gravity 8/22/2013, 5:11 pm

Axcel was dead and Suzy knew it. Just some crazy obsession of hers to be able to pay for those 4 tickets to an European cruise even those he was long dead. "Killing people is not the answer" She said to herself in a quiet voice and walk back to her bunk. Life really did suck sometimes
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 8/22/2013, 5:51 pm

Christian pondered at Quinn's question. How long has he been using this sword? He ran away when he was six, met the demigod a couple of weeks later, and got the sword. Without even realizing it, he had drawn the Stygian Iron sword.

"I've never heard it called an over sized knife before, manly toothpick. But I've had this sword for ten years now and I'm still not all that good with it.." He stuck the point into the ground. Resting his hands on the hilt, his red eyes stared at her intently. She didn't seem to like sword wielders and Christian would agree. Most of them think smaller weapons where useless but just watching her throw those knives would prove them wrong.

Post by Guest 9/7/2013, 8:33 pm

"Well, practice better, I guess." Quinn sneered. The teenager noticed him staring at her. His eyes were red...is that even possible. Maybe they're contacts. Or maybe she's dealing with a psycho. Well, that's what she gets when you talk to a child from the underworld gods. Is that stereotyping? Oh well. Everyone at camp groups people based on their god parent. 'Oh you're cute, stand near cabin ten.' 'Aggressive? Go by the Ares cabin.' But then what bout her and the other minor god's spawn. ?parent is the god of a celestial object...how are you supposed to be grouped? You shine in the dark? Quinn turned her head so she can't see his gaze. It kind of freaked her out, but then she also wanted to know more.

ooc- Oh my god I am so sorry for the late reply.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 9/7/2013, 9:42 pm

"Always the answer," Christian smiled and pulled the sword out of the ground. He twisted it around until the flat of the blade rested on his shoulder, "Why else would I be here? To sit and watch?" He laughed. "Just had a near death experence in the forest and won't want it to happen again."

Quinn had turned your head from him, a familiar experence being the kid of the god of death. Kids were always afraid of him and his siblings. It was like they were the ones responsible for death. No they weren't. Doing stupid things and fights caused that not these kids. Christian's smile faded and he bit his teeth together.

Post by Guest 9/7/2013, 10:16 pm

Quinn half smiled, "What happened? Some satyr scare you?" She was teasing on the last part. Satyrs are no where near scary. Creepy, but not in anyway scary. Quinn was still only in profile view to Christian. She felt like she was being rude, but now that she noticed his eyes, you can't un-see them. She began to play with her hair, something she never does. It's too girly for Quinn, it's like signing that she's helpless.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 9/8/2013, 12:18 am

"Something a little more vicious, a hellhound." Christian slid his sword up his shoulder and back down into it's sheath. He held up his forearm, revealing three long scars that went from his wrist down to his elbow, "The damn thing gave me this and clawed up my chest pretty bad." Christian knew he had stayed out too long, he even told that to the kid he was with. But does anyone every listen to him? No, no one listens to the kid of death.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest 9/11/2013, 1:51 pm

ooc; please don't double post.

Post by Guest 9/21/2013, 6:48 pm

Quinn rolled her eyes, but she couldn't help but look at it. Gross. She couldn't imagine what the scars on his chest would look like. She does have a scar on her left leg, but it's not even that noticeable. Normally, any camper would kill to get a scar that says 'I'm a warrior." or something. Not Quinn, she prefers being scott-free with no cuts or bruises.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 9/25/2013, 10:30 pm

Christian lowered his arm, "Hell, I consider myself lucky. The kid I was with got his throat torn up." He rocked his head to the right and popped it. He was still trying to get a read on this girl. Quinn, she called herself. Years of avoiding people have not done good for his friend making abilities.

Post by Guest 10/12/2013, 10:55 am

"That sounds...nice" Quinn replied. How can you get your throat torn up? By being careless in the forest. Some kids at camp are just idiots. Why do they have to go out on purpose to get themselves hurt? Quinn put that idea over her shoulder and juggled the knives in her sweatshirt.
    "So the kids in your cabin all have gross scars too, no?" Quinn asked. Normally, if one demigod from that cabin has something like a scar, or a habit. The whole cabin has it. Like those Aphrodite girls like make-up, Ares kids have bad tempers, yada yada yada.
    Quinn tried to smile, making her last question not seem so violent. But it did sound kind of mean, oh whatever.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 10/13/2013, 1:12 am

At Quinn's question, Christian bit his teeth down hard. He had mainly been trying to avoid the rest of his siblings and cabin mates. Ugh, calling them that just felt wrong. They had nothing in common and they mainly hated life. Christian had changed in his time at Camp Half-Blood. You see, most demigods do not live very long, so Christian decided why not make the best of it, why punish himself more?

"I don't know it they do and I really don't care." He said quietly, his eyes drifting to the ground.

Post by Guest 10/13/2013, 1:35 pm

Open sparring/training - Page 27 3508lj7 Open sparring/training - Page 27 2cgc28p

Quinn Gerrard~Hesperus

Quinn folded her arms across her chest. "Well okay Mr. Grumpy Pants." The seventeen year old pulled out one of her throwing knives and spun it around her fingers. "Be that way." She threw the knife just above the bulls eye on a target. How could he not care? It's his siblings for gods sake. Quinn only has like two siblings in the Hesperus family. But she couldn't even tell because they're all crammed into the other gods cabin. The underworld gods got there own cabin, why couldn't the celestial object gods get their own.

The daughter of Hesperus adjusted her headband as she looked at Christian, an odd person he is. Kind of like an underworld kid. But different-ish. Like no kid of Thanatos would even look at Quinn, let alone talk to her. She has a reputation that not even the mopey kids can handle. The Ares kids practically hate her. Aphrodite kids go running for the hills. But Quinn's not all that bad. Maybe.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 10/13/2013, 11:57 pm

The red eyes slowly looked up at Quinn. She had a point. Christian was being quite grumpy, but he disliked his siblings a lot. He watched as she threw a knife again, with another amazing shot. Slowly, he raised his head.

"Sorry," he apologized, "We don't really get along." Christian still didn't meet her eyes. "I'm guess you have an easier time with people than us depressing and gloomy underworld kids." He managed a small smile.

Post by Guest 10/15/2013, 9:20 pm

Open sparring/training - Page 27 3508lj7 Open sparring/training - Page 27 2cgc28p

Quinn Gerrard~Hesperus

Quinn broke a smile. Then she began to laugh. "You obviously do not know me." She simply said. It was true, the boy in front of her did not know her like Quinn knew herself. No one does. No one understands why she's like this way. Maybe it's because her parents never gave her the time of day. How she had to name herself. How she had to teach herself on her own. Yeah, it's tough; but that doesn't mean she has to be treated like a freak.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 10/16/2013, 5:12 pm

Quinn's laugh was infectious, but Christian only smiled, "Well it is obvious I don't know you. We haven't really talked much about ourselves." What have they really talked about? Camp families, names, scars. Not really the best way to try to learn something about someone. Not that Christian really knew the best way, he just assumed that you talked to them and everything should work out. Eh, at least he was trying.

Post by Guest 10/16/2013, 5:51 pm

Quinn Gerrard~Hesperus

"I don't like talking." Quinn replied. She walked a few steps closer to the target area. "It's boring, y'know. People want to know everything in such little time. Then they just rush and poof, you can't talk to the person anymore. They know everything so what's the point in talking anymore." Sad, but it's true. Once you talk about everything, what's there to talk about? Quinn wished that she could talk about everything with anyone, but you just can't. And Quinn wont. She only talks to those nymph things because you rarely will see them again. Except for the flower nymph, she wont stop coming to camp.

Any who, Quinn did not like to talk to people. If she talks about everything, they will know her family life. The people would treat her differently. 'Oh sweetie you poor thing.' Gerrard had enough of that. She just wanted to be normal. But no ones normal at camp. They're like over exaggerated people. Aphrodite kids are over exaggerate on how beauty is their life. Apollo kids do the same thing, but with music and stuff. And then Ares kids exaggerate on their toughness and how rough they are. Why can't she be mortal? That is so much easier than being a freak demigod. You only have to worry about boys school and acne. Do does she but Quinn also worries about monsters and her god parent. Tough.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 10/18/2013, 1:04 am

Christian quietly listened and followed Quinn as she spoke and walked. Talking seemed to be the logical way to get to know someone. But again what did he know about making friends. He was an outcast here. No one liked the underworld kids. He didn't like them. Instead of voicing his opinion, Christian just shrugged and asked, "So then how do you get to know people, if you don't like talking?"
    Christian
    Christian

Female
    Number of posts : 2417
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Christian 10/23/2013, 9:29 pm

Aang strode into the arena, twirling his staff in between his fingers. He took a quick glance around the room, hesitating to drop his staff. He had just recently been attacked by some crazy camper, who almost took his life. He was still shaking from the intensity; and from pure fear. Not many people were there; a good 3 or 4, maybe. No one seemed like a good opponent, however, so Aang continued to twirl his staff. Eyeing a pile of dummies, Aang shrugged stiffly, standing a dummy up. He pressed the little button on the side of his staff, revealing a small tip of celestial bronze. It was barely visible, but still very sharp and deadly. A jab quickly hit the left side of the dummy. Aang flipped his body over, proceeding to kick the inanimate object in the face. He pulled back on the staff, swinging the butt of it towards the dummy's stomach. He then kicked off of the dummy's chest, landing gracefully on his feet after succeeding an attempt at a backflip. The dummy fell to the ground, a pile of straw piling up in it's place. Aang slowly smirked to himself, satisfied.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 9:46 am