A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Next to the Athena cabin

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Next to the Athena cabin Empty Next to the Athena cabin

Post by Morgan Landry 5/6/2013, 9:53 am

- Flash-forward RP -
    The sun was shining brightly, a usual thing at Camp. The warm rays were spreading through the azure of the sky, and a few clouds could be seen at the horizon.
    Victoria had chosen this day to continue her recording of sunspots.
    She went out of the Athena cabin, using the moment after the climbing training. She was wearing a white shirt on which she had woven the Concordia and Discordia curves. With that, she had a pair of used shorts and her sport shoes.

She took a place near the Athena cabin where the sun was very strong, and took out her material: a telescope with a supporting stand, and a white sheet. She put the telescope up so it was facing the sun, covered one of the two objectives, then put the sheet on a support, around thirty centimeters behind the telescope.
    A circle of light appeared on the sheet and Vic started arranging the telescope.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 6/3/2013, 10:25 am; edited 2 times in total
    Angelina Patronur
    Angelina Patronur

Female
    Number of posts : 347
    Registration date : 2013-03-25

Next to the Athena cabin Empty Re: Next to the Athena cabin

Post by Angelina Patronur 5/6/2013, 10:24 am

Annie walked out of the cabin wearing her Camp Half t-shirt and shorts , carrying her sword Adamas to polish it sitting in the Sun, she loved the weather, bright and warm . Just outside the cabin in the courtyard was Victoria with a telescope . Angelina went stood near her and said in a soft voice "Hi Victoria" After a year at the camp she could talk to her half - siblings comfortably at least. Or else talking felt like some alien activity to Annie.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/6/2013, 4:21 pm

Victoria looked up; the sun made her eyes glow like grey velvet. She recognized the girl, it was Angelina Patronur, a girl that had joined Camp when she, Victoria, was thirteen or fourteen. Now, she was fifteen.
    She smiled at her half-sister.

"Hey Angelina," she replied. "Enjoying the fresh air?"

One year ago, Victoria would never had said that. She had always been a very despising person, and didn't think about having friends because it seemed pointless to her.
    Now, though, she had been dating Jason, from the Apollo cabin, for over a year, and he had positively influenced her way of acting with people. She was kinder now, even though she still had that distant, nerdy cold about her, due to her fatal flaw,
    hybris: she often thought she was more intelligent than anyone else and that, in her position, she could take decisions for others without asking or consulting them; in a way, she often thought she could rule the world with her intelligence.

Now, though, she was busy with her telescope. She wondered whether she should put a warning-shield, like 'Don't look through the telescope!' because you could burn your retinas. But she knew people at Camp here, especially the Hermes-kids: you said 'Don't do this' and they'd immediately do it.

Angelina Patronur
    Angelina Patronur

Female

Post by Angelina Patronur 5/7/2013, 1:30 am

"Yeah! Nice weather to do all the pending work , like polishing your Sword" Annie then showing Victoria the celestial bronze blade of Adamas . Her sword was nothing special , actually the blade was even a little blunt compared to the other swords , but when she was choosing her weapons it was the only one that felt right in her hands. Angelina after a year at camp knew at least this much that every demigod had a weapon which felt like it was made for them , and felt like the weapon understood each and every stroke and movement of the holder . At least Annie felt that way.

Looking at the telescope Angelina asked "what are you doing anyway?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/8/2013, 4:55 am

Victoria took a quick glance at Angelina's sword. It was the usual leaf-shaped blade, the xiphos, but she immediately saw that it wasn't a Spartan xiphos for it was a bit longer than those. The golden-brown bronze looked like solid honey under the sunrays.
    The young girl went back to her telescope.
    "I'm doing records of sunspots," she calmly explained as she moved the instrument so the light circle on the sheet was larger. Then, she turned the object lense of the telescope several times so the image got more precise; after that, she took out a pencil and a compass.
    Angelina Patronur
    Angelina Patronur

Female

Post by Angelina Patronur 5/9/2013, 12:41 am

Angelina had heard before of recording sunspots , but never gave a thought to it . But now when she was watching Victoria doing it , recording sunspots seemed interesting enough . "How do you do it ?" she asked.

Angelina hated this thing about herself , sometimes she could get too curious and then irritates people by asking a hundred questions.

This reminded her of Jake , her brother , sometimes when her father had some work he would say Jake to tutor Angelina , Annie like a real irritating little sister would flood Jake with questions (even the one she knew the answers of ) and he would once clap his hand on his head and then answer her. The next time whenever her father asks Jake to tutor her it would take an hour to make him agree to it .

Then considering that even Victoria was her sister only she stood there waiting for an answer.

OOC : I do that with my elder brother in real too, like asking him thousands of questions, you see he is the one who helps me to prepare for my exams ;) :)
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/10/2013, 3:53 am

Victoria looked up at her again, closing one eye because of the sun. It was the first time somebody at Camp showed interest for what she was doing - apart from Jason of course.

"It's easy," she said. "Come closer - but never, EVER, look through the telescope. That could severely damage your eyes. I'm serious."

Once she was close, Vic showed her the sun.

"One can't look at the sun like this, right? So what I'm doing is - I take Galileo Galilei's method. You just put a lunette or a telescope or whatever, with the little objective towards a sheet of paper. That way, light appears on the paper, and this light represents the sun. After that, you just have to precise the image and search for where there are shades. Those shades are the sunspots."
    Angelina Patronur
    Angelina Patronur

Female

Post by Angelina Patronur 5/10/2013, 6:18 am

Angelina silently standing there was looking at the circle of light on the paper as Victoria explained . There were little spots in it. those spots seemed to say Look even sun has its own flaws .

When Victoria had finished Angelina just watched Victoria , for a moment . She liked Victoria , both of them quite alike an then asked " Who taught you this?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/10/2013, 6:27 am

The young girl smiled and attached her blonde hair into a strict ponytail.

"I taught myself," she answered. "Like nearly everything else. But I always had a certain fascination for geology and astrophysics.... I have two telescopes at home, one to the East and one to the West so I can watch the sky in both directions. I'm so fond of.... you know... all the planets, the stars, the precise astronomical rules that makes that all the great cosmos works."

She took her pencil and started tracing the spots, moving her pencil quickly to shade the paper.

"I think I love the Universe because I'm hungry for something bigger. It thrills me to know there's something out there.... Something so big you can't look at it wholly, your mind can't grasp it entirely. And it's so beautiful. Have you ever seen pulsars? They are my favorites."
    Angelina Patronur
    Angelina Patronur

Female

Post by Angelina Patronur 5/10/2013, 6:47 am

Angelina stood there listening to Victoria . Looking at Victoria even she wanted to tie her hair up , she had let them loose as they were wet , but now dried in the wind they flew all over face and irritated Angelina . But she stood there .

She wanted to know more about Victoria , but it would be unfair if Angelina didn't tell anything about herself so she said -

" Well , no i haven't , I don't show that much interest in Astronomy . You see as I was taught most of the things by my father and my brother Jake .I never went to school . So I have only learned the things they wanted to teach me and the things I wanted to learn from them " She then looked at Victoria once more and asked " Who is in your family ? Like outside the camp"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/10/2013, 7:22 am

That made Vic's interest rise. She was splitting her year between school in Bordeaux and staying here at Camp, and when she was at Camp, she worked with school books provided by the CNED, a French Academy for home taught persons so they could keep up and write tests. With the marks she got, she could complete her report card.
    So because of Angelina being home-taught, Victoria felt closer to her.

"I'm a bit like that too," she said, and explained her situation to Angelina. "Honestly, you didn't lose much, by not going to school. Most kids there... well, they think of themselves as so
    superior. I can't stand that because they are so little intelligent! Yet they make stupid jokes about you because you're good at school and they fail to grasp they shall never be as intelligent as you."

She felt a familiar ball of anger form in her throat, but restrained herself. She had had some bad experiences at school, and she was very touchy about that subject.
    Victoria took some time to think about what she had just said and sighed.

"Well, there was my fatal flaw again," she said, speaking of hybris.

Then Angelina asked about her family. To that, Victoria simply shrugged.

"I have my dad," she replied. "He's a searcher in physics of particles. He's working for the CNES. Before, we lived in Geneva, but after that we moved to Bordeaux because he wanted to teach at University while continuing his researches."

She loved her dad, but he was the only person of her mortal family she liked to talk about, apart from her grandmother. Her grandfather was dead before she was born.
    There was her aunt, too, but she didn't get along with her and her numerous boyfriends. And as for her cousins... They hated each other, that was a fact. Vianney, the boy, and Louise, the girl, couldn't stand Victoria, nor could she stand them.
    Angelina Patronur
    Angelina Patronur

Female

Post by Angelina Patronur 5/10/2013, 7:39 am

Angelina replied " Okay looks like i really haven't missed anything that I wanted, by not going to school "

Of the part that Victoria's dad was a researcher in physics . Angelina loved physics , it could explain and make things like just using a scissor interesting . She looked around there were people all around , this place was so nice and pleasant no one would believe that it was made for teaching the demigods to fight of deadly monsters .

She then looked at Victoria again "How did you got to the camp Victoria ? "
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/10/2013, 3:53 pm

At the memory of that, Vic let out an involuntary laugh.

"Well, one of my acquaintances at school was a satyr. He wasn't sure at first, and he had told me it had been a tough thing to find me since I was in France. Anyway, he sneaked up on me when I was on a trip to New York and Washington with my dad. When I came back to France, the Sphinx attacked me in a library. I only had my oceanography book, which I used to bang on her head."

She laughed again.

"Then he came. He had been in the same room the whole time, in fact, he was sneaking up on me. And he sent her back to Tartarus with his weapon, I don't remember. It seemed to be a club."

Victoria stretched her legs.

"And then, he took me to Camp. My father knew, of course, who my mother is." She smiled at Angelina. "You?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 5/13/2013, 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Angelina Patronur
    Angelina Patronur

Female

Post by Angelina Patronur 5/11/2013, 10:22 am

Angelina listened and wondered , that Angelina's arrival was nothing compared to of Victoria's . She had always had a such a normal life except for those incidents that happened several year's ago .

She then replied to Victoria " Nothing that fancy , once Jake my elder brother brought his friend to home , that friend turned out to be a satyr . He then brought me here without any thing monstrous on the way . Though it was difficult for him too, to find me I never went to school after 1st grade you see. Then when Jake told him about the accident in 1st grade with me , he had a doubt and came with Jake to see me . And then " she paused "well you know after that "
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/12/2013, 4:57 am

Victoria nodded, yet a slight frown appeared on her brow.

"You're abnormally lucky," she eventually said after Angelina had finished. "Children of Olympians are always sneaked upon by various monsters... You must have had an extraordinarily calm childhood."

She sighed.

"How lucky you are...!"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 5/13/2013, 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Angelina Patronur
    Angelina Patronur

Female

Post by Angelina Patronur 5/13/2013, 1:22 am

Angelina couldn't think about why Victoria would like such a simple life . Not that Angelina didn't like her own life , she felt it was the best she could get . But still Victoria always seemed to Angelina as an adventure loving person , but Victoria seemed to be different now .

Angelina then asked "Why ? what was your childhood like ?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/13/2013, 1:27 am

She shrugged.

"There are always monsters," she answered. "You can see them; mortals not. So you often pass for a mentally insane person. My father didn't believe me at first either. He had to wait to see me come back with a bite on my arm. A telchin disguised as a sea lion attacked me at the zoo. I escaped, fortunately."

Victoria's gaze became a bit veiled; she was living those memories again.

"And beside all the monsters... there's always the curse of Athena's children," she carried on.
    Angelina Patronur
    Angelina Patronur

Female

Post by Angelina Patronur 5/13/2013, 8:16 am

Angelina had experienced the curse too , but not that troubling. Then unexpectedly she was smiling because she remembered something too funny .

Smiling she said "Yeah the curse of course , actually once when I was 5 years old , I saw a spider in the backyard while I was playing with my elder brother Jake he was eight at that time . So well I had this hard tennis ball in my hand , I don't remember how it came there . I shrieked on seeing that thing and threw the ball away and the ball went and hit Jake hard on his knees , he couldn't walk for days . Since then even Jake hated spiders , he used to run all around the house to kill the spider - if he saw one - with his baseball bat, I hardly saw a spider in the house after that "
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/13/2013, 12:34 pm

Victoria laughed at the image Angelina was painting of her brother. She imagined a boy looking like her running around a house, broomstick in hand, behind a tiny eight-legged creature.

"Did the spiders come to you at night?" she asked, the memory of those nights aching her.
    Angelina Patronur
    Angelina Patronur

Female

Post by Angelina Patronur 5/14/2013, 6:41 am

Angelina took off from laughing , and remembered those nights . " Yeah many times , even if they were not there , I always thought they were there " and then asked " How did they troubled you ?"

OOC : Jake and Angie look nothing alike :D , Jake was adopted by her father Joe . I have described him in the request I sent at your Avatar shop
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/14/2013, 5:04 pm

She shrugged again.

"Usual things: webs on your mouth and around your wrists. Bites all over your arms, legs, belly and face. I heard it was normal for us children of Athena."
    Angelina Patronur
    Angelina Patronur

Female

Post by Angelina Patronur 5/15/2013, 6:00 am

Angelina thought about it - Wow , having spider web on mouth , can't literally be normal for anyone -

She then said " Yeah , anyway a lot of talk about creepy spiders , lets talk something new . What are you going to do after recording these sunspots ?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/15/2013, 12:50 pm

Victoria smirked.

"I'm putting the records on my laptop and making a graphic out of it. Since I'm nine, I always wanted to follow the sun's cycle. If I work well and don't give up, I still have five years until I'm done," she answered.
    Angelina Patronur
    Angelina Patronur

Female

Post by Angelina Patronur 5/22/2013, 7:54 am

Angelina gave a little laugh and said " Well what I meant was that , what would you do, after lets say when the sun sets , and there will be no sun to record sunspots until tomorrow morning. "

Then after a pause she says "Would you mind if I ask a personal question ? "
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/24/2013, 11:41 am

Victoria smiled and said:

"After the sun set? Well, I continue watching the sky. I got a special permission of Chiron to stay at night here and watch the stars. This month, I'm watching particularly the ecliptic," she explained. "It's, you know, the plane of the earthly orbit. The imaginary line defined by the orbit (well, apparent orbit) of the sun in one year. On the celestial sphere."

She smiled again.

"Or, I observe Saturn. This month, this planet can be seen better. I'm lucky to have a telescope that can zoom up to 30 times and more, so I can take pictures of its rings. You know, they are fabulous. Jupiter is still visible, but it disappears quickly. Bad, last month I could watch it very precisely."

OOC: I'm being a bit anachronistic here, because it's this month that the ecliptic is to be seen and last month that Jupiter and Saturn were very interesting to watch. But since I don't know next year's sky... XD

BIC: Victoria looked up and tilted her head sideways.

"Er... yes, of course. Ask."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/11/2024, 8:08 am