A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+7
Oli_Paxton
Break
Doug The Turtle
Morgan Landry
Komaeda
Bucky Barnes
Jules
11 posters

Picking moss off boulders [OPEN]

Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 14636
    Registration date : 2011-10-12

Picking moss off boulders [OPEN] - Page 3 Empty Re: Picking moss off boulders [OPEN]

Post by Nemesis 6/1/2013, 4:57 pm

Kaili De' la rosa

kaili had seen he dodged, but was expecting that of him, obviously. Kaili quickly drew her obsidian knife and slashed at the boy's torso area, no caring where it hit, as long as it did it was fine with her. Kaili made this knife when she was 13, it was really sharp and was hard to make, it took her about a month to make everything perfect. Kaili's knife was dangerous, because if it chipped while it was inside the victim, well, surgery would be approaching, that went for her arrows too.

kaili could tell this boy was more experienced in close combat, he was an Ares child, most of those war brained freaks knew how to swing a blade or jab with spears. Kaili had studied the way he swung his sword as well, he was definitively experienced, no doubt about that. kaili would have to be careful, seeing as of how quickly he also delivered the slash.

BlackHawk
    BlackHawk
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 2969
    Registration date : 2011-07-25

Picking moss off boulders [OPEN] - Page 3 Empty Re: Picking moss off boulders [OPEN]

Post by BlackHawk 6/1/2013, 5:07 pm

I notice her slash at me and bring my dagger up to deflect but insteaed it slides down and cuts my thumb almost completely off. I grit my teeth and almost yell in pain but manage to keep going. I start to feel dizzy from the loss of blood but try to get one more stab in towards her neck. I fall onto my knees and groan "Oh gods this hurts, and that's coming from an ares kids." I say slowly. I try to stand up again and my vision gets blurry. Rocky slithers over and wraps around my neck. I close my eyes and pass out, the last thing I remember Rocky saying something to me and hitting the ground.

"Ressssst Jacksssson." I hiss

Post by Guest 6/1/2013, 5:13 pm

OOC: PAUSE POSTING PLEASE MY LAST POST ERASED ITSELF I NEED TO RETYPE IT PLEASE PAUSE
    communist
    communist
    Honorary Cat

Female
    Number of posts : 3385
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

Post by communist 6/1/2013, 5:26 pm

As Ravenwing walked around the general area of the creek, a tad offended that her presence had been ignored, she noticed a fight -- or what seemed like a fight, anyway -- escalate. Ravenwing was no pacifist, but she did not like being involved in fights. Although she was decent with a dagger, shevdid not appreciate it when she had to fight someone else. It was one of the reasons the arena was one of her least favourite places at camp. She frowned and bit her lip, regretting her decision to come here. She turned on her heel and started to walk away into the forest, deciding to go somewhere else. There were always more creeks around the forest of Camp Half-Blood, waiting to be explored... Right?

((Sorry if this post isn't a hundred words.))

Post by Guest 6/1/2013, 5:32 pm

"Whats so bad about clumsiness? Just so long as the job gets done?" Chase retorted. In actuality, he hated being a klutz. And he hated the fact that it got in the way of many diffirent things being accomplished. Like thievery, for example. But it nevery really seemed to matter much when someone pointed it out or tried to talk to him about it. Particularly jerk-faces like this guy.

Chase took a step back when the hunter threw a punch at the Ares kid. He wanted to yell at them to stop, that this is a common reason why people often get killed at Camp Half-Blood. And if he tried to stop it otherwise, what could he do? He couldn't hold his weapon with his hand like it was. And yelling at them to 'stop it,' would not only be ignored, but it would sound childish as well. Why did he feel the need to be peacekeeper?

But when the boy dodged and the girl whipped out her knife, he got pissed. Blindingly pissed. He suddenly stepped inbetween the two and held out his arms on either side of him. "STOP IT!" He yelled clearly. His eyes flashed menacingly, his anger apparent.

When the boy doubled over and passed out he swore under his breath. This is what he feared would happen.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/1/2013, 5:34 pm

Kaili De' la rosa

kaili had seen his attack this time, pretty clearly actually, Kaili sheathed her knife as she dodged and then she sent a quick kick at the boy, only one hard enough to push him back to end this off, he would need to get somebody to heal that cut for him, or else he would loose his thumb. Kaili wouldn't really care but the wound looked so painful that she could imagine the pain, and it wasn't pretty.

Kaili looked to the other boy she helped up "do you have any nectar on you?" she asked as her hair returned to normal, it's normal brown color and flowed in the wind, which was natural. Kaili wasn't a bad person, just paranoid about the world, that and her instincts are very developed. It was a gift and a curse, the curse being for those who challenged them. once again, not a very wise idea if you're not good at dodging arrows, especially Kaili's arrows, dangerous as they where, they whereas pretty as jewels.

Post by Guest 6/1/2013, 5:53 pm

"No, I don't." Chase responded, dropping his arms to his sides. He looked at Jackson. "When he was popping his arm back into place he took some ambrosia out of his pocket and ate some. We should look for it." Through his words he stayed in a monotone, still pissed. He was right. This was exactly what he predicted would happen.

Chase kneeled and reached with his left hand over towards the unconsious boy. His eyes were fixed on the boa and he hoped to high heaven that it wouldn't bite him. Slowly he grabbed the corner of the bag that was sticking out of his pocket and pulled it out. He stepped back quickly.

After a few moments of watching the snake, he turned to the girl and held out the bag of ambrosia squares. "Here. You do it." He offered bluntly.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/1/2013, 6:09 pm

Kaili De' la rosa

Kaili eyed the snake, it wasn't very threatening, considering she had killed many snakes before, though it would have been stupid of her to eat one. She sold the snake's skin at the black market for a price of 20$ for each snake skin. Kaili took the ambrosia and then knelled down beside the boy, putting the piece of ambrosia into his mouth "there" she said with a sigh, looking back to her camp to make sure everything was still there. Kaili walked back over to her camp, not worrying if the boy who attacked her was ok or not, she leaned one of the branches against the other, creating a rather larger tent frame, then tying it together tightly with the vines. but it would not remain upright until she finished the other side. Kaili took the other two branches and tied them together as well. lining them up with a smaller branch at the top and tying them all together. Kaili wiped the dust given by the bark from her palms with two sliding claps. Kaili then began to layer the tent with the mos, it would serve as a warm coat over the tent before she hung the leaves on. kaili finished with the moss and the tent now looked like one you would learn to make in a survival how to video. kaili started to hang the leaves so it would give it a reinforced coat, to make it warm but not hot inside of it. kaili glanced back at the boys but then quickly returned to her tent, finishing it off. kaili stood up and stepped back to admire her work, now finishing the tent. Kaili layed down the moss for the bed in the inside, it was given extra cushion by the grass but the moss would protect her from the pollen so she wouldn't ich.

Post by Guest 6/1/2013, 6:31 pm

Chase looked at Jackson, and then at the girl. He sighed and sat down, leaning against a tree and facing the injured boy. It was his own fault, really, that he was in such a state. He had been the one egging on the fight. And Chase didn't feel a scrap of sympathy for him.

He sighed and pulled out his own sword to randomly examine. He did so gingerly, because his hand was still hurt. He stopped what he was doing and held the hand up to his face. It had stopped bleeding for the most part, but dark bruises were beginning to form around the broken skin. He hoped that it wouldn't get infected.

Chase blinked a little bit. His eyes were beginning to prickle like they did when he got tired. Stupid lack of sleep.

Quickly he sheathed the sword again and stood up. "You know I think I'm going to go." He said, turning to look at the hunter girl. "I don't think I caught your name...."

Last edited by luckistarz on 6/1/2013, 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/1/2013, 6:45 pm

Kaili De' la rosa

Kaili looked to the boy, her eyes a showing neutral emotions, shallow to be precise "My name is Kaili De'la rosa, and who are you" Kaili asked expectantly, Kaili stood up from her tent and sat on a rock, pulling her bow from her back and examined it, for once around these boys, her eyes showed sadness, not that they would care why, nobody ever cared why, not did they even try. It only added to her distrust in people now. Kaili held back a tear as she though of the first day her father had given her this bow, this precious bow she loved more then anything in the world. kaili cherished the precious memories the bow brought back and would guard it with her life. No need for kaili to say another word to the boys, but to just presume with her normal survival training, good thing she finished the tent too, it was getting dark now. Kaili went over to her game back and dumped the dead boar inside of it onto a bed of grass. She then took out her obsidian knife and started to skin the boar, making sure to carefully cut and not accidentally puncture anything.

ooc: I gave you an open conversation starter now :D

Post by Guest 6/1/2013, 7:02 pm

"Chase Hoffman. Son of Hermes. Nice to meet you." He commented, holding out his hand to shake. He looked at it, then let it fall to his side. A bloody, icky, probably soon-to-be-infected hand was not something people want to touch.

He watched her for a moment, and noticed something in her expression differ from earlier. It looked familiar. He felt like he could empathize to it.

But he couldn't exactly say, 'what's wrong?' because that is annoying to everybody. For some reason nobody likes being asked that.

Instead he glanced over at her campsite, then around the forest. "Why are you sleeping out here and not in a cabin?" He questioned.

ooc: please excuse this not-so-amazing post
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/1/2013, 7:26 pm

Kaili De' la rosa

Kaili looked to him, her eyes turn from those of pleading back to cold and shallow. She sighed as she cracked her knuckles "I don't like my cabin, it's cramped, many people are just cruel towards others in there, and I am the only one in there of my god parent. I am also pretty sure I'm her only child here, unless someone doesn't like that cabin either shares blood with me." Kaili spoke opening her eyes, but this time instead of being shallow, they where normal, showing she was being a little open, and that meant something if she was telling it to her stalker. Kaili finished skinning the hide from one side of the boar and began skinning the other side, just as careful as the first time. kaili remembered the first time she had skinned an animal, it was a bloody mess and she ended up having to throw the game out. Kaili almost smirked at that day, her father had laughed and gave her his game to start over, the second time doing much better. Kaili quickly snapped her focus back to the boy, realizing he wasn't being selfish, he was actually willing to speak to her. kaili decided this boy was alright... for now at the least. Kaili examined the wound on his hand and sighed "I'm sorry about that, my instincts are very deadly at times. It is just natural to me."

BlackHawk
    BlackHawk
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by BlackHawk 6/1/2013, 7:56 pm

I wake up with a gasp and my eyes shoot open. I look around nervously and for once in my life I was afraid. I stand up quickly and my vision gets blurry. I look down remembering that my thumb had almost come off. I notice it's halfway healed and sigh with relief. I grab Rocky and take off as fast as possible. I want to get away from that phsyco freak that had the sharpest blade ever. I run for about half a mile before I need to sit and rest. I wait for a while and notice it's getting dark. I look around as I hear the monsters coming out to play, and by play I totally mean maul any demigod stupid enough to be out here alone. "Sugar honey iced tea" I whisper to Rocky "what did I get myself into?"

Post by Guest 6/1/2013, 10:35 pm

Chase opened his mouth to reply, but then he heard loud scuffling in the undergrowth behind him. He turned to see the Ares kid get up and run. After he disappeared from sight, he could still hear him barging through the branches and things, but after a minute or two, silence flooded the world, and soon bird song and other sounds accompanied it.

He turned back towards Kaili, his mouth hanging ajar. Quickly he shut it, then looked at her inquisitively. "What were we talking about?" He paused, thinking. "Oh—" he shook his head abruptly. "Yeah. You said something about your cabin. Uhm.... explaining why you dont go to Camp." Chase folded his arms and leaned against a tree. "Who's your mom? If you don't mind me asking, of course."

He hoped she didn't mind him asking. He usually wasn't one to pry, nor one to dive into drama. And he especially didn't want to upset her if she didn't feel inclined to talk about it. He knew what that felt like.

Chase remembered a couple other times he had been talking to people, fairly recently. Both times were when he had just woken from fitful sleep. And both girls had asked what he had had nightmares about. It was easy to use nightmares as an excuse for moodiness and insomnia, but if you didn't want to talk about them and you felt the need to lie, it was a horrible subject. Not that he had anything against lying, of course.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/2/2013, 12:22 am

Kaili De' la rosa

kaili stared into his eyes for a moment, deciding whether or not if she could trust him, seeing she had made mistakes like that in the past. Kaili admired his will to know but still respected privacy at that "I am daughter of Aetna, the Godder of the volcanic Mount Etna" she spoke in a thick accent, closing her eyes once again as she smoother her skirt . Kaili remembered how she figured it out, at first they thought her parent was most likely Hephaestus, but then the camp had received a note from her mother, claiming her in a more clear way. kaili felt a little dissapointed being the only demigod of her parent, but she had gotten over it after a while. Kaili brushed a lock of hair out of her face "The people in my cabin are jerks, and it is cramped up in there, I only go there to change or freshen up." Kaili spoke in a normal tone, only sowing a bitter taste to the subject "It was hard for the first month before I decided I would just camp out here, I am thinking of making an actual big tent with chests to store my belongings, sort of like a small log cabin. I am working on it though, it's not easy." Kaili said as she finished skinning the animal, tossing it's hide to the side to tan later.

Kaili presumed to finish preparing the animal, now she had to gut it. Kaili took a vine and tied the boars feet together, then she threw the vine over a strong branch and pulled the boar up to the height of her chest before she stopped and tied the boar to that spot. Kaili took her knife out and was about to make the cut, but then she remembered that Chase was right there "look away if you don't want to see guts" she warned before making the light incision all the way down its stomach line, then she reached into it and pulled the guts out, they weren't bloody but they where slimy, disgusting to touche. kaili picked the guts up from the ground and threw them into the nearest bush, not knowing exactly where else she could put them. Kaili cleaned her hands off with a cloth, not wanting to touch water as it would burn her. Kaili then started to lower the boar down to the ground, then cut the vine as it dropped to the ground, no impact do to the soft patch of grass.

Post by Guest 6/2/2013, 3:40 am

Chase nodded silently. It must have been bad, having nobody to be friends with. Nobody to relate to or anything. He couldn't say much on his part, couldn't give much empathy. He had, since he was ten years old, been surrounded by siblings. All the time. But at least she didnt have to feel as if she was a nobody to her parent. She was a one of a kind, while others had to fight for attention. In many ways, the Hermes kids had it good. In others, they had it terribly. You couldn't walk through the cabin and not see at least a single sullen face.

At least he himself had made peace withthat part of him. He was able to understand that he was just one of many. He wasn't the only one. There were other things to sulk about and wallow in, if thats what you wanted to do.

"Well, if you need any help with anything, like building that log cabin of yours," it sounded stupid saying it out loud, he didn't know why. He winced, hoping that she didn't take it the wrong way. "You can just let me know. I'd be happy to help." He gave her one of his grins that were cocky and seemed full of mischief. Like he had done something bad and was proud of it.

When she started gutting the boar, he merely looked away. It wasn't like he had a soft stomach, he just didn't want to ruin a possible appetite.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/2/2013, 3:58 am

Kaili De' la rosa

Kaili looked at his mischievous grin, though flattered by his offer to help her, she wondered if he would be good at chopping trees. Just enough to make the small log cabin, have a fireplace and bed, that is all that she asked of, or maybe she would build a bunker hidden some where, that would be lovely. Kaili then started to cut the boar into different pieces, first working on severing the head, but leaving the neck. She would make use of the entire boar, except of course the head, who would want to eat a head?, monsters?, other predators?, Kaili found it very disgusting.

Kaili finished cutting the head off and kicked it away, beginning to cut the shoulder area along with the neck on it, to leave them together for some pork chops, Kaili would guess. Kaili had a little trouble sawing through the bone, so she had to apply more force, and she eventually broke through, cutting half way through her imaginary cut line. Kaili continued to saw, knowing she would have to store some of the left overs, hoping they didn't go bad in the morning. Kaili looked to the boy, almost expectantly"do you think you could get me some fire food?" she asked nicely, giving a kind convincing smile.

BlackHawk
    BlackHawk
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by BlackHawk 6/2/2013, 10:09 am

I sit against the tree, gasping for breath. "I wonder if they've noticed I've left." I say, partly to Rocky and partly to the forest. "I'm already alone here so why not just die." A tear begins to fall and I shake my head to get it out 'Get yourself together jackson, you're an Ares kid you're not supposed to cry

"Let it out Jackssssssson, you're not alone." I hiss

I begin to sob and don't stop for the next couple of minutes. When I finally stop, my eyes are red and poofy. I pet Rocky and sigh. I scream, not caring that every monster within a mile radius could hear me. I hear a twig snap and i'm alert and on my feet, sword drawn, before you could say scared.

Post by Guest 6/2/2013, 1:56 pm

Chase suddenly started when she addressed him. "What? Oh yeah. Sure." He had been staring off into the woods, his thoughts running rampage through his mind. He pushed himself away from the tree he had been leaning against and walked into a bit more dense of a wooded area. It was getting dark as he stepped through the brush.

He pulled out his sword from his sheath and then immediately dropped it. He hissed in pain, as he gripped his right hand with his left. It stung, pushing leather against his wound.

He brought his hand up to his mouth and tried to clean the cut in that way. It was a minor, quick yet effective solution.

Chase looked around himself as he crouched to pick his weapon up again. It was getting dark. And fast too. He didn't know if he'd be able to make it back before curfew.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/2/2013, 2:16 pm

Kaili De' la rosa

Kaili finished cutting the neck off, then began to start cutting the rib cage off, which was much easier, having less density in the bones. Kaili quickly got done cutting through the rib cage of the boar and started to cut through each rib, it would be used to make pork ribs, which she found pretty good, but not great. Kaili has used a short but strong cable wire she kept with her, the looped it around the ends of the ribs and stripped the excess fat from the tips, giving some what of a handle to the meat. Kaili repeated this until she finished the 10th rib, they weren't huge but rather small, seeing her game had not been big. Kaili put the ribs aside and then began to cut the feet of the boar, so she could use the hind quarters for the ham, she would not be able to finish this thing by herself, and it would be clear it would spoil over the night without a refrigerator or ice box, something to keep it fresh.

Kaili cut the feet off and threw them into the creek near by, not caring if she pissed off a god like that or whatever, she hated water anyways. Kaili then began to saw through the hind legs, this one being pretty tough for her as she did not have an actual bone saw, she mostly applied force and tried to break the bone off the game without a bone saw on her, resulting in slightly poorer quality but food was still food. Kaili's arm felt weary, having to keep at a constant motion for a good amount of time, resulting in it aching.

BlackHawk
    BlackHawk
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by BlackHawk 6/2/2013, 4:38 pm

I look around quickly and notice something dash behind a tree, I thought I had heard a giggle but it could have been my imagination. I walk as quietly as possible towards the tree. I hop into the nearest branch and suddenly got flung off. I groan and look at the tree. I notice a dryad peeking out from behind it. I scrunch my eyebrows and snarl. "What was that for?" She says something I couldn't exactly decipher but apparently either the statement was funny or I'm funny because she had giggled. "Ugh" I say in frustration, "What do you want with me?"I stand up and brush myself off. I walk over and lean against another tree next to her.

Post by Guest 6/4/2013, 12:55 am

Chase stopped and sighed. What in Hades was he thinking? He couldn't make it back in time. And he highly doubted that this Kaili girl would let him stay the night at her camp. He looked up into the tree branches. He bet that he could find a good place up there in a pine that he could crash in. Weaving broken branches in on themselves to create a sturdy platform would probably work.

Chase looked back around him. Now he needed firewood and wasn't sure how he's be able to get some dry logs without hurting his hand. He began to venture further into the dense woodland area, looking into the dark shadows that were beginning to form for anything. He wondered if he's have the ability to find what he was searching for if it was going to get dark. Well, if he was going to find it, he'd need to see. Chase turned back around and headed back towards Kaili's camp, hoping that she had a flashlight.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/4/2013, 1:09 am

Kaili De' la rosa

Kaili finished cutting the animal up completely and it was ready for cooking, only one problem, she had no fire. Kiali wondered where chase was now, and she noticed it was sun set and the thick woods made it very dark. Kaili couldn't wait, she needed some light and fast, or else she would be open to attack without being able to see. Kaili stood up and walked over to a tree, braking off a rather thick branch that could make a good enough flame. Kaili then broke the branch up and set it on a circle of dirt near her tent, and set the broken up branches there. Kaili walked over to the creek, well, near it anyways. and picked up a couple of rocks, she would need them if she was going to start a fire without it spreading rapidly.

Kaili set the stones she collected around the broken branches and she saved two for herself to actually start the fire. Kaili struck the rocks a couple of times before a spark actually lit the broken branch, she blew and kept her hand over the starting fire, trying to keep it from being put out by the wind. Kaili let it go on for a couple of minute before a flame arose, spreading to the other pieces of branch. Kaili sighed as she kept her legs up from the ground, she had worn a skirt instead of long pants for reasons she forgot, but regretted them, the pollen of the grass was itchy. kaili kept the meat on a sheet of moss as she stood up, waiting for the boy to return. Kaili only had one concern for the boy, how would he make it back in time?, it was dark and things where dangerous out her at night, don't forget the curfew harpies. Kaili waited longer and started to worry if he was lost, maybe she would let him stay with her for the night, but the tent would be a bit cramped ,but better than nothing.

Post by Guest 6/4/2013, 1:29 am

Chase walked back to the campsite and saw the light flickering from a small fire, illuminating the surroundings. He stepped into the clearing and looked at it. "Well, then," he commented, raising his eyebrow. It didn't seem like she much needed his help after all. But from what the fire looked like, it was still small and was only made out of kindling and tinder. It needed some logs. He turned his eyes away from the little fire and looked at the daughter of Etna. For a split second he was entranced: the light seemed to make her features glow. But he blinked then stated, "I can't find any good logs for the fire with this light. And my hand is.... useless." He held out his palm for her to see. By now it was becoming a tad swollen. Chase hoped that it would not get infected.

Suddenly there was a loud crunching noise— like something big stepped on a pile of leave or a bush or something. Chase took a few abrupt steps back, then glanced over at his companion.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/4/2013, 1:36 am

Kaili De' la rosa

kaili nodded walking over to him "unluckily, I don't have any source of portable light, or..." kaili took yet another branch from a tree and and held it over the fire until it caught fire itself. It wasn't the best torch nor was it intended to be, but it would have to do. Kaili then took another branch and lit it on fire to, handing it to his good hand, even if it wasn't his main hand he would need to suck it up and use it "I will go with you, in case anything happens" she said looking him in the eyes for a split second before breaking the contact. Kaili herd the crunching noise, definitively not a predator of stealth qualities. kaili sighed as she looked in the direction of the noise, ready to draw her bow if she had to 'stand sharp" Kaili warned, ready to help her arrow find a new home.

Kaili had noticed a couple of things about Chase, he was willing to help Kaili even after the hole instinct attack on him earlier, and he was kind to her, even when she was harsh towards him. Kaili liked being near him because he was actually willing to listen rather then just assume she was bad on sight, like most of her cabin mates did. Kaili stuck close to chase, not wanting to lose site of him so he could be lost and never found again. Kaili cleared her mind, seeing her thoughts where now worrying about somebody else rather than herself, she chose to be selfish at times because most people where themselves, mostly in her past people where and she eventually picked up the bitter habit and it became apart of her paranoia.

ooc:it's Aetna

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/14/2024, 3:33 am