A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Practicing alone {OPEN}

Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 8666
    Registration date : 2012-03-11

Practicing alone {OPEN} Empty Practicing alone {OPEN}

Post by Perca 7/23/2013, 11:37 am

It was late in the afternoon when I made my way towards the field of Mars,grasping my sword and my shield.I scowled at some kids who looked laughingly at me and they frowned,letting me pass quietly.I growled and closed my eyes,in my fantasy the field filling with cruel enemies.When I reopened them,the vision was almost real.I gripped my shield close to my chest and started the attack
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female
    Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Practicing alone {OPEN} Empty Re: Practicing alone {OPEN}

Post by JosieWosie 7/24/2013, 11:39 am

Devlin Lewis

Devlin walked into the field, quickly reminded that it tended to have mud patches as his black hiking boots made a squishing sound. "Pfft, there's nothing wrong with hiking boots." Dev murmured to himself in reference to the comment James made about his boots. He should be here any minute now. Dev looked around with his arms crossed, his plain grey shirt looked awkward with his tan cargos but Devlin was admittedly, never one for fashion sense.

He saw some campers running by, the breeze from their sprint would be more enjoyable if everyone here didn't smell like sweat and mud but, after being at camp for three years, you get used to it. Dev waited for a moment before realizing that James was probably already at the center of the field and he was in the outskirts. He walked forward and tripped over nothing, thankfully only his cargos and hands got some mud on because he landed on his hands and knees. Cursing under his breath he looked up to see a young girl going at it in the middle of the field.

Devlin had seen her around before but never spoke to her, she just seemed aggressive, but seeing her now on the field, he noted her sword fighting skills were rather good for a younger camper. She reminded him of James, who he just couldn't seem to find with his luck, when he was younger; always a good fighter. Pulling a decaying tree trunk over to sit on and observe, though mostly to wait, Devlin sat and ran his hands through his black hair a few times before realizing he had just covered his hair in mud. Sighing, dev thought to himself. Only like half an hour to go man. Not a huge deal. He looked at his watch and was rather glad that it wasn't covered in mud; James' should be here by now, he's not one to be late, especially to the field; he loves fighting.

Tapping to check if the time was right, he instantly regretted it as his watch took it as the command to expel the minute hand which converted into his imperial gold spatha. As it sprung up it cut Devlin on the shoulder, not deeply, but a small hindrance and it still stung. "DAMNIT REALLY!?" Devlin jumped off the log and quickly looked up at the girl, hoped that he didn't surprise her out of her groove. Looking down he realized how he must look, spatha in hand, dirty, and he just cursed out loud in front of a girl who was clearly in a fighting mood. Oh, no, no, this looks bad. He wasn't scared of the girl but he knew the camp was esentially a military camp and everyone was pretty serious, even he was pretty serious at camp when it came to being official; but, Devlin had thirty minutes of bad luck on his clock and a fight was definitely not something he would be able to handle with anyone until it was over.

Trying to shove his spatha back into the watch and hoping it converted back into the minute hand it was he looked around and hoped James would walk in to help explain as proof in the case she turned on Devlin. James, if you are anywhere near me, now would be a really good time to walk in.

Word Count: 565
    OOC/Notes:Word min?
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 7/25/2013, 11:57 am

OOC:I'm just confused,is that friend of yours going to post or should we continue the rp?
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/25/2013, 12:02 pm

OOC: Yo, just as confused. I PM'ed Ryger17 the link but it's been like two days. I guess if you want to post and then he can follow when he gets back from whatever then the posting order can be you, he, and then I? I dunno.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 7/25/2013, 1:15 pm

OOC:Well,we could wait a little longer.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/25/2013, 1:22 pm

ooc: he's probably just really busy :]
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1363
    Registration date : 2013-01-15

Post by Ryger17 7/25/2013, 2:25 pm

ooc: Sorry had a basketball tournament all day and haven't been able to get on.

bic: As I walked into the Field of Mars, I made sure my gladius was securely strapped to my hip. I look around wondering why we decided to come here. I mean, it's huge. How am I ever going to be able to find Devlin? The middle would be the most likely place for a group to meet, so I head towards there.

As I am walking I notice the environment and some other things. It is something I kind of do whenever I scout a combat terrain. I noticed that the ground was muddy but none of it stuck to my boots or pants. Must still have Devlin's luck with me.

In about the middle of the field, I see two figures. I recognize one of them as Devlin and the other is some girl I do not know. She looked a bit younger than me and ready to fight. Devlin was standing off to one side, his spatha drawn. I quickly drew my sword out, looked like something was going down.

"I though I knew you, Devlin. Didn't think you would pick a fight." I laughed. "She looks a bit young for your skill level, don't you think?"

Last edited by Ryger17 on 7/25/2013, 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 7/25/2013, 2:47 pm

I growled as the first boy came,quickly followed by another one.Faster than I thought I could move,I pressed the edge of my sword on the first guy's neck,glaring at the other."What do you want?"I spat and added some pressure
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/25/2013, 10:09 pm

Before Devlin could get the spatha back into it's portable form, Dev saw a twinkle coming from the side for a split second before he felt a cold sharp metal pick at his neck. Without flinching, or letting a reaction slip his face, he tilted his head, pursed his lips and stared blankly at the blonde girl; the way you would look at someone with a sarcastic "Really?" expression. He took his spatha, rose it slowly to meet the girl's sword and firmly tried to push it aside as he heard James' voice. "I bet you think this is freaking hilarious don't you James?" Without looking at his friend, Devlin held back an embarrassed pout and focused on the girl at hand.

"Look, how about we don't get carried away here" Dev spoke gently recalling that he had bad luck on him still for a little under half an hour and needed to be responsible with what he said. "I'm not here for a fight, I was observing and my watch acted out and it just, well, you know what, just tell her James." Devlin nodded over to James expecting him to save his rear end. Funny because Devlin was normally the one who had to calm James down on the new comers at camp, it was an odd change to the norm. Realizing his spatha was still out, he put it at his side, just incase this chick didn't get the message. Devlin tried his best to maintain a good and friendly smile while lowering his weapon.

Devlin looked at the girl, she can't be older than 15. Actually, now that I think of it, why is she out here alone? At Camp Jupiter it was a work together environment, you sparred together, trained together, ate together it was just the way it was. Puzzled he knew what his next question would be but figured it would be best to wait for this to blow over before bringing it up.
    Word Count: 331
    OOC/Notes:Sorry it took me so long, I was on vacation in Mexico replying from the wonderful internet at the airport.

Last edited by JosieWosie on 7/26/2013, 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/25/2013, 11:19 pm

I laughed as the girl put her sword to Devlin's throat. Did she really think she could take him? Next to me and probably Jason, Devlin was probably one of the best fighters in camp. Devlin talked calmly, like he always did when we was in trouble.

He asked me to explain what we were doing here, so I walked over and put my gladius to the girl's. With very little effort, I started to push the sword aside, "A little bit jumpy, aren't we?" I gave her a teasing smile. "Don't you know not to pull swords on better fighters than you." She still glared at me. "We are just here to discuss battle strategies but if you want trouble; things would go badly for you, quickly." My face lost it's smile, replaced by my no-nonsense-I-might-kill-you face. "And Devlin, never lower your weapon in a hostile situation. I thought you would know that by now."
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 7/26/2013, 1:31 am

I growled and pushed the other guy's sword aside."I don't give a damn.Don't challenge me boy,you'll be surprised."I snaped as I used the flat part of my sword to push him away."Don't judge people from what they look like.You'll be surprised."I kept talking as I moved my shield to the side of the first guy,David or something."Oh,and,I forgot to add.I'm a daughter of war and battle strategy.Don't make me prove it to you"I finisned and pulled my sword and shield back

OOC:Sorry I couldn't reply earlier,I fell asleep.Sorry I can't make along post,I try.And,because I'm on my phone,sometimes (like now) I can't see the full post of Devlin,only a few words.This post is based on what James wrote,so tell me if something is wrong
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/26/2013, 10:53 am

OOC: I changed the format of my post :) Make it easier for you.

Devlin watched the two spit back and forth. Looking up at the late afternoon sun he would had wiped off some sweat but he didn't want to make a sudden movement and trip onto one of the now many apparent weapons at hand; not the best place for someone with bad luck to be. With a smirk and a touch of sarcasm Devlin spoke up. "Girls, girls, you're both pretty. How about we cool down now?" Devlin was glad James was near but he clearly wasn't present when she was shredding the fields on her own; she was good for a younger camper.Please don't get me killed today James."I lowered my weapon because it's Camp, I wouldn't hurt a comrade unnecessarily. These are hard times guys, we need every able camper if we have any hope of keeping this place safe in times like these." Turing to the girl he gave her a deathly serious look that Devlin tended to reserve for being in charge. "You keep your weapon down unless you're going to use it, don't pull that threatening junk on me kid. Now I don't care who your mommy is or what cohort you are in, you show some respect and do the gods proud, empty threats do no good in this camp."

Devlin hated being too serious but he was a work hard play hard person, a serious swinger on the moods kind of guy. He wasn't a praetor or anything but he could be a section leader if needed be. Turning to James, though fully intending the hostile missy to hear, he loosened his tone a bit for his friend. "She's good, that's why I was observing her, reminded me of you actually." Ending that note with a small laugh he looked at the blonde and tried to smile, hoping for redemption for speaking so harshly; though he figured a daughter of Bellona wouldn't take offense to constructive criticism, they tended to understand quickly. "Now we can talk strategy, or we can huff and puff like the big bad wolf until the entire camp comes crashing down on itself; Romans work together, you both know that. I'm Devlin, this is James"

Devlin knew James knew that, even though he picked on the younger kids , James was more than capable of leading a cohort if it came to that, if it wasn't for his anger issues, that he had in common with Devlin, James would be nominated for a vote for praetor in a heartbeat. To ease the now fading tension Devlin took a good step back to the log he pulled over and planned on sitting down once it was settled.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/26/2013, 12:23 pm

I spat into the mud, "It is true that we work together, but we don't have to get along. Especially with Bellona brats." I have a grudge with the kids of Bellona and Mars. They think they are the best in battle and don't respect my mother, Victoria. What would an army be without victory? Losers, that's what.

I lowered my sword and walked towards Devlin. I reach his side and say, mimicking the girls voice, "Don't challenge me, you'll be surprised." I return to my normal voice, speaking loud enough for the girl to hear. "Please, being the daughter of the war goddess doesn't make you the best in camp. The only way to be the best is through training. True, you might have some skill given to you, but you think I give a damn? I've worked my heart out to be the best camp, so don't even try threatening me." It felt good to say that, knock down that girl's attitude a couple of notches.

I suppose Devlin was right about her being like me, out here alone practicing. She had a similar attitude but as I said before not the skill I have. No one does.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 7/26/2013, 2:28 pm

I couldn't help but laugh at them."What made you think I don't train,huh?I've given my life at training!"I barked and glared at them

OOC:Sorry,short post!
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/26/2013, 3:02 pm

Devlin was very devout to the gods, it was something that just happened at camp when he realized he was a son of a deity. So hearing James call one if their offspring a brat worried him more than usual."Hey, don't say things like that, they have ears and names are powerful." Devlin was cautious when speaking of the gods, sometimes he'd get teased for it because while most are fairly devout to their parents at camp, Devlin was rather religious about them. For some reason Devlin took caution when he had bad luck about what he said, never knowing if he would piss off a god with his luck.

Devlin couldn't help but smile at James' impersonation; it was wrong to tease a younger camper but he was good at it and funny. Then Devlin saw the situation wasn't going as well as he had hoped and sighed. "One, James; it's not about being the best it's about getting better, and two unless you were born at this camp I doubt you've given your life, you're good, not the best, you can improve the same way I can improve and so can he. Isn't that right?" Devlin elbowed James gently, hoping he would be a good example to the kid; not likely it's James we're talking about.  Dev extended his hand to the girl slowly, cautiously really, and nodded as he smiled.

"I'll repeat, I'm Devlin, and this is James. We don't bite... Well, ok, I don't bite but James has done some pretty drastic things." Devlin spoke jokingly, trying to alleviate the situation. He realized his shoulder was still bleeding a little from the cut that came from his spatha busting out, and it reminded him to put that thing away before he stabbed something else. With his open hand he put the weapon over his watch and it finally converted into the minute hand it was originally. "There see?"

OOC: It happens not a big deal. There's no word min anyway right?
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/26/2013, 3:41 pm

Slowly, I sheathed my sword and scowled at Devlin. He was always the lets be friends with everyone person where I was be friends with the strong. I had plenty of other things to say to this annoying girl but I bit my lip to shut myself up. I too extended my hand to the girl with a straight face.

"James Hunter, Third Cohort, Son of Victoria," I said coldly. I was not just going to warm up to this brat as Devlin has. She has to learn to show me some respect in order to be given any.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 7/26/2013, 4:03 pm

I seathed my sword and took a better hold of my shield."I wish I had been born here"I simply said,much calmer than any time before.Ignoring their hands I turned and walked away from them to continue my training in some other,private place
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/27/2013, 5:40 pm

Devlin pursed his lips and looked up questionably. He took a seat on the dead log he had pulled over a while back. Turning back to look at James, rather speechless, he shrugged his shoulders and proceeded to look around the field. There were lots of campers running around and the hours were moving closer to the curfew. "I love making friends don't you?" Devlin pushed a a closed grin and spoke sarcastically. "Well, you've got like twenty minutes, wanna call it a day?" Scratching his head and wiping some sweat off, now that he was free to do so. Devlin felt like taking a nap mostly because he was tired and mostly because he could sleep off the rest of the time on the clock off.

OOC: Yo sorry for the super short post. You can end it if you want.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/29/2013, 12:38 pm

I gave Devlin a small nod. I could tell he was tired, he didn't speak as much.

"Alright, man. I'll see you later." I gave him a small wave and headed off through the Field of Mars
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 7/29/2013, 1:00 pm

After walking around for a while,I spotted the perfect place to practise.Next to an old tree,hidden behind it's bent branches full of leaves.I unseathed my sword and started attacking the wood in fast,short moves
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/29/2013, 1:20 pm

Ooc: are doing the posting order anymore?
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 7/29/2013, 6:07 pm

OOC:I don't think so
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/29/2013, 6:26 pm

Ooc: Alright

Bic: I trudged along in the darkening light, trying to find my way back to the barracks. As I walk past an old tree I see a camper attacking it. In the darkness, I find it impossible to who it is. I go over hoping for a spar to take my mind of that obnoxious girl. As I get closer I notice things I couldn't see before. One it was a girl and two, it was the girl I had been trying to avoid. I quickly turn around only to step on a dry branch that has fallen to the ground. It snaps under my boot with a loud crack.

"Well, damn." I said quickly, stopping.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 7/29/2013, 6:55 pm

I turned quickly as I heard the sound,pointing my sword at the place of the sound."Who's there?"I snaped angrily
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/29/2013, 7:01 pm

"Ease your sword, princess." I walk into sight range. "Hello, again." I put my hand on my sword. "What are you still doing here? It's getting late and little girls shouldn't be alone with all the big bad monsters running about."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 4:00 pm