A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Kick some monster butt

xtaberry

Female
    Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2013-10-31

Kick some monster butt Empty Kick some monster butt

Post by xtaberry 11/1/2013, 9:31 pm

OOC: Please use this to kill straw dummies as you please and spar but don't kill anyone. It would be dreadfully inconvenient.

Violette picked up her sword and faced the row of dummies. The sword had been forged by a friend and was terribly unbalanced but no matter. She was here to get over her fear of hurting things because if she ever wanted to go on a quest she would have to kill some monsters. All was quiet in the arena and she lunged at the first dummy in the row slicing off it's arm. Straw flew and dummy parts flew everywhere. None of the dummies were "killed" cleanly but they were sure dead. She whipped her head around. She thought she heard someone enter the arena.
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female
    Number of posts : 377
    Registration date : 2013-09-25

Kick some monster butt Empty Re: Kick some monster butt

Post by Maggie Chase 11/3/2013, 9:00 am

"Hey," said Cole Shead, son of Thanatos, quietly. He drew his Stygian Iron sword, and sliced off the heads of two dummies in one swift, quick movement.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 11/3/2013, 11:01 am

OOC: As said, keep your character in one place. Not posting in different places with the same char at once.
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/3/2013, 12:20 pm

OOC: I know, and I followed that rule. In my post at the beach, I said at the end of the post that Cole left for swordfighting. And then I put him here.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/3/2013, 2:55 pm

OOC: Yes, but Cole is also at the Halloween Dance.
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/3/2013, 4:04 pm

OOC: Oh my gosh I'm really sorry, I didn't remember that. Jeez, I'm sorry, Morgan. I put in the dance topic that they all left. Again, so sorry
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/3/2013, 4:07 pm

OOC: No problem. Just keep it in mind. ;D
    xtaberry

Female

Kick some monster butt Empty

Post by xtaberry 11/4/2013, 3:53 pm

Someone had walked into the arena. "Hi. I'm new around here. What's your name?" Violette asked.
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/5/2013, 8:10 am

Cole put his sword back in a small holster he had on his dark brown leather belt. His shirt was an old, slightly faded Camp Half-Blood shirt, and he was wearing some dark blue jeans. He flipped his floppy, messy black hair to one side, and answered, "I'm Cole, son of Thanatos."
    xtaberry

Female

Post by xtaberry 11/6/2013, 9:07 pm

"I'm Violette, Daughter of Iris" Violette stammered out, studying the person before her. He seemed like a laid-back, easy-going guy. He seemed like the kind of guy she'd want as a friend. Violette looked around and when he didn't respond, turned and quickly sliced the head off a nearby dummy. "How long have you been at camp half-blood?" She asked, a little awkwardly.
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/7/2013, 8:13 pm

"Eh, long enough to know everyone. So you seem pretty cool for a Rainbow kid." he said. Cole turned over, and sliced off another dummy. "So, um, how old are you? I'm 13."
    xtaberry

Female

Post by xtaberry 11/8/2013, 4:35 pm

The term "rainbow kid" stung a little. Violette turned to face him. "I'm ten and I suppose you're not all that bad, for an underworld kid," she said calmly, trying to keep the anger out of her voice. She really didn't need to aggravate the first camper she met at camp. She realized the comeback hadn't sounded nearly as smart as she thought it would and turned to slice the head off the dummy behind her. "I'm kinda new around here," She mumbled. She was a little embarrassed about how new she was even though she knew it was no big deal. "Very new actually," she added
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/8/2013, 5:06 pm

"Hey, I didn't mean for that to-I was just trying to say that you're really nice," said Cole a bit lamely. Great, she probably thinks you're a jerk thought Cole. He put away Dreed, his Stygian Iron sword, and walked up to Violette. "Well, since you're new, take this. It's a present that my friend from the Hephaestus cabin gave me when I was new," he said, and handed her a ruby-colored amulet that he took off his neck. When he saw Violette about to return it to him, he said, "Nah, don't worry. I've got a silver one, too," and pulled it out from under his shirt. For once, Cole smiled a warm smile that was almost unnatural for a Thanatos son, and he pulled out his sword again. 2 more dummies went down.
    xtaberry

Female

Post by xtaberry 11/9/2013, 7:58 am

She looked at the amulet. She was at a loss for words. "Umm... Thanks. This is really nice," She said slowly. She put on the amulet and smiled. Now she felt a little bad she'd called him a underworld kid but she didn't know how to exactly apologize. "Yea" She said instead, "Thanks"
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/9/2013, 9:39 am

"Yeah, its uh, its supposed to be good luck or whatever," he said, feeling a little awkward. "So that's a cool sword. Where'd ya get it?" he asked, trying to make conversation.
    xtaberry

Female

Post by xtaberry 11/9/2013, 12:54 pm

He looked a little awkward. "My sword..." Violette trailed off. "A friend of mine who was a son of Hephaestus made it. What's the metal your sword is made out of? I've never seen it before." She asked casually, trying to change the topic. She didn't want to talk about Fords. Thinking of him only brought up painful memories.
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/9/2013, 4:02 pm

"Well, Stygian Iron is from the underworld, so that explains why you haven't seen it..." he said, staring at his sword. "When a demi-god found Uba, my pet hellhound, she came with a whistle made out of Stygian Ice. After Chiron sensed the presence of a Thanatos kid, he soon after found a stygian iron sword near the camp, supposedly from the underworld," he explained. Cole looked up at Violette, and saw her studying him. He realized she was judging him, trying to figure him out. He had received this look a lot. "I guess Stygian Iron can kill a monster forever, and keep it from reforming," he said, and sliced another dummy. After slicing it, he thought he should probably tell her. "You're sad, I can feel it. Tell me about this Hephaestus kid," he asked.
    xtaberry

Female

Post by xtaberry 11/10/2013, 4:46 pm

Violette was confused for a second when he started talking about a Hephaestus kid then she realized he was talking about Fords. "He was a friend of mine." She said, starting with the easy part. "We were heading to Camp together and we got attacked and a monster killed our satyr. We were lost and confused and pretty much ran and hid for a few years. The same monster found us and killed Fords... " she trailed off. She'd never told anyone that before but for some reason she trusted Cole. "How did you end up here?" she said trying to forget what she'd just said. "Does your story have less dead people?" She then realized with a jolt he was a son of the god of death and the odds his story would have less dead people was low. Before she could say that he looked up like he was going to talk so she didn't say anything.
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/11/2013, 2:04 pm

Cole thought for a second, and realized that he could trust Violette. "Well, Fords sounds like a cool kid. Yeah, I came to camp with my brother, Jared, and step-brother, Nathan. My satyr was nice enough. I lived pretty close to camp, but a gorgon chased us down towards Florida. There, we actually found a daughter of Dionysus, named Haley. He was actually really cool, and my age. Then the day we reached New York, a pack of creepy fire breathing monsters attacked us. They, they killed Haley, and I watched her burn..." he explained, and trailed off at the end of his story. He watched Violette, and saw her sad expression. "I've gotta go back to my cabin for a sec," he said, and left for his bunk.
    OOC: I'll be right back with Cole. :)
    xtaberry

Female

Post by xtaberry 11/12/2013, 8:10 am

Violette watched Cole go back to his cabin. At least he said he'd come back. She turned and sliced through a few dummies heads, chopped off a few arms and reduced them to shreds. The sun was pretty hot though. She sat under a tree and waited, what she was waiting for she wasn't sure but she was in the mood to wait and relax. She almost fell asleep a few times but jerked herself back awake. She thought she saw someone coming off in the distance.
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/13/2013, 4:56 pm

Cole entered, and saw Violette once again. "Hey, I'm sorry I left, its just-Haley is kind of a sore subject for me," he explained with a shrug. Cole had been so happy when he met Haley, and she was snatched away from away from him. "Um, yeah. So I guess we both have some losses..." he told Violette.
    Chronos
    Chronos

Male
    Number of posts : 718
    Registration date : 2013-11-10

Post by Chronos 11/14/2013, 5:36 pm

hi i say and dash to the infarmary
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/15/2013, 4:28 pm

"Um...." said Cole, a little confused at the boy who ran in, and turned to Violette. He saw that she had a very sad look on her face.
    xtaberry

Female

Post by xtaberry 11/16/2013, 4:44 pm

Violette looked around confused by the boy who had just dashed in. "It's fine," Violette said looking back at Cole, "I get not wanting to really talk about it. Do you have anything happier to talk about?" Violette said with a nervous laugh, "This conversation is pretty depressing," It was a awkward thing to say but Violette was really done talking about dead people.
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/16/2013, 6:40 pm

"Well, let's talk siblings. I have a brother, also a son of Thanatos, and a step-brother, Nathan. What about you?" he asked, with a small smile.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 2:27 pm