A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Ruby Wang

Ruby Wang Empty Ruby Wang

Post by Guest 1/5/2014, 11:52 am

Name: Ruby Wang
    Eyes: Black
    Hair: Black with dyed blue highlghts
    Height: 5'5
    Body Type: Curvy
    Skin Color: Porcelain
    God Parent: Hecate
    Mortal Parent: Jusa Wang
    Country of Origin: Italy
    Pets: None
    Talents: Identifying and using most types of weaponry, sneaking around, stealing, fighting
    Weapon**: Ruby has an assortment of weapons, made of both celestial bronze and mortal metals. She has two knives concealed under the heels of her combat boots, one celestial bronze, one made of 5160 Spring steel.
    Personality: Ruby puts on the charade of a shy, ignorant, naive girl, and then manipulates people to get what she wants. She is snarky, easily annoyed, and likes the feeling of being in control. She's often so focused on the main goal, she doesn't notice the obstacles that might keep her from getting what she wants.
    Flaws: Ruby is so used to having complete control over a situation, that if she doesn't have the upperhand, she has no idea what to do and will probably end up getting hurt or losing whatever fight she's in. When given a choice between something she wants and something she needs, she'll choose what she wants, and may end up getting killed because of it. She also isn't very flexible with things, and isn't okay with changes unless she is the one making them.
    Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): Ruby can cause a single path to split into two roads (crossroads). The two roads will g about one mile before meeting again. Ruby can do this 3 times a day, with 30 minute breaks in between each use.

Ruby can also manipulate the mist. She can do this 10 times every 3 days. The change will last for 5 minutes, and only works on weak minded ones. She can cause 6 people, dressed in full armor, to either not be seen or to appear like normal people. (No armor) She must be at least 15 feet away for this power to work.
    Life Before CHB*: Ruby's father was a notorious criminal, wanted in 5 countries for different robberies. When she was old enough, he involved his daughter in many of his crimes, teaching her the tools of the trade, in hopes of building a crime empire. They moved from country to country, until they were eventually caught in the United States and she was imprisoned  in juvie in Washington, D.C. Ruby managed to escape by stealing the prison key from one of the guards as he walked by, and sneaking past the other guards, though she left her father behind. While on the run, she met a satyr outside a coffee shop about 3 miles away from the prison, who eventually led her to camp.
    RP Example*: I push the door open, and the alarms begin blazing. I rush out the final barrier of the prison and am cornered by 10 or so guards. I don't hesitate as I slip between their legs and dart past them. I jump over the fence, ignoring the cuts from the barbed wire. Finally, I'm free.
    Any notes about your characters: Nada

Last edited by Faygo on 1/6/2014, 6:36 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Ruby Wang Empty Re: Ruby Wang

Post by Kendall 1/5/2014, 2:01 pm

How is weaponry a talent -- does she specialize in identifying it, or...?

Add some more to her personality.

Being wanted in 70 countries sounds like a stretch. Also, where were she and her father imprisoned -- were they imprisoned in the same place, around the same place, or...? How did she escape, and where was the coffee shop where she met the satyr and how far was it from the prison?

Post by Guest 1/5/2014, 3:38 pm

Edited talents

Edited personality (I included some flaws that seemed too minor for the actual flaws section)

Edited Life Before CHB (Is 42 countries too much?)
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 1/6/2014, 9:45 am

42 countries is indeed too much.

You say she manipulates the Mist. What exactly does she do? How big would her most powerful illusion be?

Post by Guest 1/6/2014, 2:26 pm

XD I thought it might be. How's 12?

Well, she can cause 6 people, dressed in full armor, to either not be seen or to appear like normal people. (No armor)
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/6/2014, 5:43 pm

I think anything over 5 is too much of a stretch. Also, I don't think a young girl and her father would be put in the same prison together -- there are usually separate prisons for each gender, and as she's a minor she's probably going to be sent to juvie instead unless she was caught for a particularly gruesome crime.

Might want to edit some of those Mist details into the form, then. Do the people she uses her power on have to be within a certain distance from her in order for it to work at first?

Post by Guest 1/6/2014, 6:35 pm

Edited Life Before CHB

Edited Powers
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/7/2014, 6:35 am

If the people she cast the spell on walk away, are they still appearing normal, or does the spell falter each step they take away from her?

Post by Guest 1/7/2014, 1:31 pm

It falters with each step they take away from her.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/7/2014, 4:43 pm

And how far away would they have to be for the spell to lose effect altogether?

Post by Guest 1/7/2014, 4:44 pm

25 feet. At 15 feet, its fully effective, at 20 feet, its kind of flickering, and at 25 feet, it loses its effect altogether.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/10/2014, 1:51 am

Edit that in and I approve it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content