A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

I've Grown Tired of Watching You Fall

I've Grown Tired of Watching You Fall Empty I've Grown Tired of Watching You Fall

Post by Guest 1/6/2014, 2:37 pm

Will trekked through the undergrowth. The sun was starting to set, and a light breeze blew through the trees. Hear, though, the trees were starting to get more run down. Finally, they reached a break in the trees, and in front of them sat a large pile of rocks.

"Welcome to Zeus's Fist" Will muttered, before jogging over towards the monumental area. He expertly climbed up to the top of rocks and sat. "Come on up, man!" Will yelled back to Jase.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

I've Grown Tired of Watching You Fall Empty Re: I've Grown Tired of Watching You Fall

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/6/2014, 3:55 pm

I've Grown Tired of Watching You Fall Tumblr_m7ivphyVhV1rt3fn2

Jase walked easily through the woods behind Will. He could see the sun setting through the trees. The breeze was nice, as well. Jase was finally starting to appreciate the concept of 'fresh air'. There were so many perfume and hairspray fumes in the air that Jase, who was far from asthmatic, had troubles breathing most of the time. Jase smiled when he saw that he had to climb. He dropped his bag and scaled the rocks with ease, as much ease as Will.

I've Grown Tired of Watching You Fall Empty Re: I've Grown Tired of Watching You Fall

Post by Guest 1/6/2014, 4:13 pm

"I don't get why no one ever comes out here. There's monsters almost everywhere, if you die, no one would know until a week or so later, and it takes forever to get here. I don't see why anyone in this place would avoid it," Will laughed, removing his bottle of water. "I, however, come up here to be alone. Sure, the occasional monster attack is fine, but I prefer quiet." Will took a sip of the water and twisted the cap back on.

"Your siblings would never try to get here. In fact, most people are so busy looking for somewhere to be alone, they miss the obvious place."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/6/2014, 4:26 pm

I've Grown Tired of Watching You Fall Tumblr_lr2n3b8esL1qdilg6o1_500

Jase laughed a little bit. He stumbled back a bit and almost fell off the top of the rock. Jase smiled and did a back flip off the top of the rock. He'd left his gymnastics days pretty far behind him back home but he did miss them quite a bit. Jase grabbed the bottle out of his bag and scaled back up the rock with no thought. He sat down on the rock and opened the bottle. "So, what are the girls like here? Anybody on your nerd radar." Jase tilted back the bottle and took a large swig. The sun was hot picking through the trees. Jase slipped his hoodie off and fixed his red t-shirt. He dropped the hoodie on the bag.

Post by Guest 1/6/2014, 4:35 pm

"Most girls are dangerous and will kill you if you even look at them. Some people consider it 'hot', but for me, its a total turn off. They're all trying so hard to be different. I just wish that there was a nice, bubbly girl who wasn't completely annoying. In other words, no. What about you? Surprisingly, Aphrodite kids don't usually get dates, but a guy like you? Girls should be falling down at your feet." Will asked, looking farther off into the forest and watching a girl and guy battle a hellhound or some other monster. They were a bit far off, and Will could barely see them. They seemed to be doing alright, so he turned back to face Jase.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/6/2014, 4:58 pm

I've Grown Tired of Watching You Fall Tumblr_m7ivmrmxsm1rt3fn2

Jase shrugged and smirked. "I'm not gonna act like they're not, but they're not anything special." Jase shrugged. He got up and looked around to what he could see. Through the trees he could see a lot. "How long have you been in this hell hole? What do you like to do? I need to see if I'm making a good choice in this friend thing, or if I should just go back to my isolation." Jase said with a laugh and shoved Will lightly.

Post by Guest 1/6/2014, 5:10 pm

Will laughed. "I've been here since I was eleven. Mostly, I help out in the infirmary, but occasionally I'll be assigned to guard duty or I'll have to go to a sword fighting class or something. When I'm not being a good camper and boring myself to death, I'm usually at the archery range, reading, or studying maps. You know those runes I showed you? I'm trying to find the books on them. There's about 60 scattered around the world, and I've been trying to find them since I was thirteen." Will finished his water and shoved the bottle back in his bag. "Oh look, even more proof I'm a nerd," I add, smirking a bit.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/6/2014, 5:44 pm

I've Grown Tired of Watching You Fall Tumblr_mejtnroYMT1qglljb

Jase laughed. "Every tough guy in every movie needs a nerd friend to figure out all the tech stuff, right?" Jase picked at his nail and took another sip of his water. "Let's see. I'm a pretty big archery fan, as well. Back home I played baseball, basketball, and football. I was a gymnast for 11 years. I danced for 10. I know, that doesn't really sound like tough guy stuff, which is why I stopped." Jase said.

Post by Guest 1/6/2014, 6:29 pm

"You know, I would give you the whole 'If you like doing it, you shouldn't care what others think' speech, but that would make me a hypocrite. Anyway, if we were in an action movie, I'd be Batman and you'd be Robin." he laughed. "You must've been quite the jock before you got here." He asked, a hardly noticeable twinge of jealousy in his voice.

OOC: Sorry about the short post
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/6/2014, 6:45 pm

I've Grown Tired of Watching You Fall Tumblr_m27l3lSvXR1rntl15

Jase shook his head. "The hot one is always the superhero. The nerd is the sidekick, that's the way it works." Jase had liked sports, he really had. Especially baseball. But he really missed gymnastics. He still did it a lot when he was alone. It was one of the things that made him feel the most free. Jase could tell Will wasn't the athletic type, not only from his physique, but the jealousy in his tone. Will did have some promise, though, from what Jase could tell. "I could help you out with the tough guy, jock thing, y'know. It's not really that hard, and you have promise."

Post by Guest 1/6/2014, 6:58 pm

"No, I'm good. I've been here so long, I could never shake my reputation. And I'm not exactly one for social interaction. I prefer to watch and observe from the shadows, and hopefully not draw to much attention to myself. That's why I didn't try to kill you earlier before we got attacked. One, it would cause too much talk, and two, it would be even more satisfying to make you make a fool of yourself by outsmarting you. When I fit physically, I'll most likely lose, but when I can outthink people, I win by a landslide." Will replied, almost going into his own philosophical world, but he stopped himself. "Besides, I don't really care about popularity or reputation. My history would have been a lot more history had I been a D+ student, though."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/6/2014, 7:10 pm

I've Grown Tired of Watching You Fall Giphy

Jase looked out into the woods and saw a bow staff sitting abandoned on the ground. Jase jumped off the rock and walked over to it. He picked it up and climbed a nearby tree. Jase found a sturdy branch and hooked the staff from that branch to one on an adjacent tree. Jase jumped back to the ground and began to use he staff like a gymnastics bar. He flipped over it with ease, and dismounted with ease. Jase smiled and wiped the sweat off his forehead. "Y'know, you're the first person to see me do that in almost 3 years." Jase climbed back onto the rock. "And I had a C- average, thank you."

Post by Guest 1/6/2014, 7:26 pm

I laugh. "I would repay you for that by letting you watch me hack a government site, but you'd be asleep in a minute."

I pause for a minute, enjoying the silence. "I used to be the most popular kid in the school, you know. I had it all. Money, looks, and I played sports. Then, in sixth grade, I realized how stupid the whole thing was. So I disappeared from the crowd. My grades went up, and teachers started noticing. That's when the things started to go downhill, actually."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/6/2014, 7:42 pm

I've Grown Tired of Watching You Fall Tumblr_mejtjuYV6B1qglljb

Jase rolled his eyes. He knew how hard it was to get out of the popular crowd, not that he had ever tried. His struggle was getting in, but he did it. Jase felt the pack of cigarettes in his pocket, but resisted the urge to pull them out. "I'll take you up on that hacking thing sometime, actually. It sounds super cool. And how did things get worse." Jase understood bad. Most of his life had been pretty awful.

Post by Guest 1/6/2014, 7:54 pm

Will shrugged. Unlike most kids in the camp, he didn't mind talking about his past, and it hadn't really bothered him that much. "A few terrorists managed to notice my success as well. They kidnapped me and tried to get me to hack into a government site to reveal the U.S. military plans and secrets. I managed to trick them into letting me go, and I got some weapons and cash out of them, too. I out ran them, and made it to here before they caught up to me. That's why I have to stay at camp. That's why I can't go look for those books outside of the boundaries. Chiron wants me to lay low until we're certain they aren't hunting me down. These guys were, like, insane, and they're probably so obsessed that they're still trying to find me." He laughed, trying to clear the air of any of the usual tense feeling.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/6/2014, 8:32 pm

I've Grown Tired of Watching You Fall Tumblr_m9bt1zoPxw1rt5dwlo1_500

Jase's eyes grew wide. His bad was nothing really compared to Will's. "Well, you win, I can already tell you that. I spent a few nights in jail for drugs, a few shoot-outs on the street because of a drug deal gone bad. I've spent the last 5 years living with my step-mom and obnoxious sister because my dad was murdered. Well, I know it was murder, but the cops said that it was suicide. I saw the guy in my house the night he died. It was my uncle. He stayed the night at my house all the time so I didn't think it was strange that he was there. I know it was him, but the cops didn't believe me. They didn't even make a court case out of it."

Post by Guest 1/7/2014, 12:39 am

"You win? Man, that's hardly winning. My story is nothing compared to that. I mean, no one even got hurt. Sure, I gut a few scratches and bruises, bit I managed to escape. I'm still fine, my family's okay. Well, I think they are. I don't talk to them much. Anyway, that's pretty sucky, man." Will replied, a bit shocked at the story. He'd had a hard time believing that his life could be any worse, but that was probably because he never had the chance to hear others' stories.

OOC: I was watching the national championship and I just... like ugh Auburn should have won xD
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/7/2014, 11:23 am

I've Grown Tired of Watching You Fall Tumblr_mc5gfsxbAj1ru2a6uo1_500

Jass didn't say anything for a little while. His sister and step-mom went along with the suicide story like it was nothing. They didn't even seem to care. Jase's dad had been his role model and his hero. He was the one who gave Jase confidence when people made fun of him for participating in girls' sports, and kept him out of trouble. Thinking about him was one of the few things that made Jase emotional and there was no way Jase was going to let himself break down in front of Will. "I- nevermind. It'll sound ridiculous."

Post by Guest 1/7/2014, 2:29 pm

Now this is the part where Will usually faltered in conversations. The touchy parts. Its not that Will couldn't understand emotion. In fact, it was the exact opposite. He'd observed and analyzed so many books, conversations, and scenarios that there was nothing that he didn't understand. He just had problems applying his knowledge to real world situations.

So far, Will knew of a few things to do. He could rub the kid's back, which might end up being a bit awkward. He could assure Jase that he could tell him anything, in hopes of getting information out of him. Will's curiosity was making him lean towards this option. Or, he could just let the matter go and try to continue on with the light conversation.

The last two options seemed equal. However, his gut was almost screaming for him to try to get him to talk. Will almost never went with his gut, though.

"Hey, man, I can understand if you don't want to talk about it," Will said, hoping he chose correctly.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/7/2014, 3:15 pm

I've Grown Tired of Watching You Fall Tumblr_m4bll2rl9d1qzhgi1

Jase shook his head. "It's not that I don't want to talk about, it'll just make me sound like a stupid little kid." Jase leaned back on his elbows and looked out into the trees. Every time he talked about his dad, it was like he ripped something open inside of him again. It was then that he usually did his worst things back home, and Jase didn't want to do that kind of stuff here. As much as he hated it, he couldn't be kicked out. He had stuff to learn.

ooc: I had this like 95% typed out and then I got distracted by Teen Wolf...

Post by Guest 1/7/2014, 4:34 pm

OOC: xD I do that all the time...you know, while reading CoHF snippets...and fanfics...and while stalking people who look like Simon....

BIC: Will nodded, understanding. "You don't have to worry about me judging you, you know." Will hinted, but decided to start on a new topic.

"You know, before I was claimed, I was certain I was a Hermes kid. I used to pull some insane pranks. One time, I added a motion sensor to the school water system so that every time someone moved in the hallway, they'd be doused in water from the sprinklers. School was out for a week so they could try to fix the problem." Will laughed, reliving the conversation he'd had with the principal after the whole incident. "I haven't done something like that in years, though,"

Last edited by Faygo on 1/7/2014, 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/7/2014, 6:03 pm

I've Grown Tired of Watching You Fall Tumblr_m27l4aB6yv1rntl15

Jase shrugged. "I was claimed as soon as I showed up. I guess my fabulous mother wanted everyone to know that this gorgeous human was hers." Jase laughed. He still wasn't sure how he felt about telling Will his secret wish, but he needed to say it to someone. Jase opened his mouth to talk, but shut it again. Jase started tracing the figure he had tattooed on his arm. Jase really had no clue what the strange figure meant, but he found it doodled, among others he had tattooed on his body, in his dad's notebook.

Jackson got up and left.

ooc: I needed to open characters up so if you come back and wanna continue, just PM me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content