A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

A Quick Trip to the Big Apple

Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female
    Number of posts : 1835
    Registration date : 2012-02-06

A Quick Trip to the Big Apple Empty A Quick Trip to the Big Apple

Post by Amy Pond 1/26/2014, 5:16 pm

Fenella stepped out of the taxi that she and Thorne had ridden in. They were at Fifth Avenue, or something like that. She honestly didn't care. There were plenty of good shops around here, and that's what mattered.

People paid no attantion to the two demigods, something that she was not used to. Most of the demigods at camp steered clear of her, and now there was people jostling her as they hurried down the crowded streets. She was not sure that she liked it.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

A Quick Trip to the Big Apple Empty Re: A Quick Trip to the Big Apple

Post by Holly 1/26/2014, 5:22 pm

Thorne grinned they stepped out of the can and laughed a little at all the city natives pushing and shoving past them as they went into a random clothing shop. "I swear, New York is a breed of it's own" She told the child of magic and pulled her back, throughout the store towards a less crowded section. She was enjoying herself and the brief trip into the city.

Thorne had her own money, so if she did need to get something she could....she could even offer to buy the things for her friend as well! She selected a top and held it up to her. "What do you think?"
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/26/2014, 5:30 pm

Fenella was pleased at the store that Thorne had selected. She often did shopping there, or at the one on third avenue. "Exactly. They even have their own ridiculous accents!" She said, examining the clothes rack, which had some adorable dresses.

She had her wallet with her emergency credit card and a nice amount of cash on her, so she was planing on buying a good bit of new clothes. As it happened, she and Thorne twirled around at the exact same moment, each with a garement appending approval.

"It's definitely your colour!" She said, after examining Thorne's choice of a shirt. "And what do you think of this?" She added, holding up the sundress, which was a nice dark purple. It was a Hecate thing, loving dark colours.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/26/2014, 5:36 pm

Thorne smiled and looked her over, then tilted her head a bit. "I like it! I think it could be a little better, but it suits you!" She exclaimed, doing her best to impersonate the cabbie from Brooklyn that had brought them over. She draped her green top over her arm and turned back to the rack, looking for something else.

After a few moments she faced Fenella again with a slight frown "hey, could you help me pick out a dress? I can't seem to find anything that would work with my red hair" she said....in English. She gasped as she realized her slip, her natural Barbados accent slipping free.
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/26/2014, 5:46 pm

Fenella turned back to the racks, with her dress drapped over one arm. By the time Thorne had returned, she also had a dark blue lacy top with a matching skirt, and was pondering on whether teal was good with her skin tone.

Thorne was speaking english.. finally. They had been getting some odd looks from the various clerks wandering around, especially since Fenella had not been speaking english. It was kind of amusing.

"Of course, dear." She said, deciding that making fun of her accent would be rather stupid. She was liking Thorne, despite the fact that she was everything Fenella was not.

"It's not always the hair that's the problem. You have to find clothes that match your skin tone." She said, deciding against teal.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/26/2014, 5:56 pm

"Skin tone? Alright then..." She turned back and once again began to look for something. After several long minutes she decided to look in the rack right next to Fenella, and soon found a few dark options. "Hmmm what do you think of me wearing something like a purple?" She asked, not sure about the idea. She personally hated drk colors for herself, but she ws willing to wear something new.

"I quite like what your holding!" She exclaims once he saw it. "I think it would fit you well"
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/26/2014, 6:04 pm

"I'd say that would work, though I think a slightly lighter shade would be better." Fenella responded, deciding that she'd try sky blue. Her siblings would be annoyed by the cheery colour, but she'd live with that. They tended to get annoyed by anything she really did. She ended up with another dress, which was a vibrant shade of pale blue. The green version was slightly different and nicer, by Fenella looked horrible in green.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/26/2014, 6:11 pm

Thorne grinned "hmmm, I think your right" She grinned and picked the lighter shade, adding it to the original top she had. "Should we try some othe stores as well?" She asked. She really didn't see anything else of interest in this store, and wanted to check a few more places before they had to return to camp.

Thorne tucked the clothing she had under her arms. "If you want, I'll pay or you" she offered kindly.
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/27/2014, 7:21 pm

Fenella nodded, and decided that her heels would not be perfect with her new outfits. What wa the point of buying new clothes if you don't get new shoes as well??

"Definitely. I for one need some new shoes." She said, draping her sky blue dress over her arm with the others. She peered along the aisles, noting that the checkout lines were at the other end.

"Aww, that's really sweet of you! Don't worry, I have plenty of money on me." Fenella said, in response to Thorne's generousity. She was not used to people offering to buy her things, since most of the time she had the money and ordered them to pay for her.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/27/2014, 7:32 pm

Thorne nodded in response to her statement that she had her own money. "Alright then, lets get going" She said as she smiled, and began to walk towards the check out lines. After making their way through the busy lines and paying for the clothing with a rude cashier...they exited that shop.

Thorne grinned, pushing her curly red hair over Owen shoulder as she glanced up and down the bustling streets. "So, which way do you think a shoe store is? I know a Macy's has to be around here somewhere, but I don't know" she but her lip nervously. "Any ideas?"

This was only Thorne's second trip inside the big apple, and as much as she didn't want to admit it, she was frightened.
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/27/2014, 7:39 pm

Fenella had visited New York a grand total of three times, and nowbthey appeared to be on a totally different street. She only really knew her way around the shops on Fifth avenue, and whatever street they were on now was completely different. Still, Thorne was expecting her to know where she was going.

"This way." She said, shifting her bags on to her left arm, then starting down in the street. She had not a single clue of where she was going, but she knew that they'd eventually stumble upon some store.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/27/2014, 7:46 pm

Throne thorne grinned and began to follow her, making sure to stay close as they made their way through the New Yorkers. Then she spotted a shoe store, right next to the American doll store. A small smile crossed her lips, she had remembered she had a few of those dolls when she was a little girl...they were in the attic now she guessed.

"Come on!" She laughed a little, her tropical flair coming out strong as she pulled Fenella into the show store.
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/27/2014, 7:57 pm

Fenella laughed as they went in to the store, not really allowing her mind to dwell on the American girls. She used to have five of them, only mildly annoyed by how positive the whole thing was. They had suddenly become "not cool" when she was in fifth grade, and now she assumed that they were in her old room.

She rushed over to the shoe racks that were marked with a nice seven. She was rather envious of those girls who could get those adorable shoes in size five, but you'd have to be only five feet to fit in those. Height played an important role.

She actually was a size nine, but she could sometimes be a size seven, especially when the staff at the store didn't mark the sizes right.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/27/2014, 8:31 pm

Thorne grinned and followed her over to the rack, looking over the many racks of various styles of shoes eagerly. She knew she was around a size six, perhaps a size seven...but she almost never went shoe shopping unless she needed a pair (or her siblings dragged her along). After a few moments of careful search she selected a pair of Nike sneakers, of a lighter shading. They were white, with the trademark logo in red. 

"Hey Fenella? Could you help me, I'm not really good with shoes" She chuckled. Honestly, she wasnt. She had always been the type of girl to prefer barefoot over everything else, in almost any occasion.
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/27/2014, 8:47 pm

By the time Thorne had spoken, Fenella had selected a lovely pair of blue heels that matched perfectly with one of her new outfits. They were size eight, although she was begining not to trust the sizes. She was used to the Brittish ones, and American sizes were just as silly as their version of the metric system. Honestly, inches were rather odd.

"Of course!" She said, hurrying back over to her new acquaintance. Thorne was an excellent shopping partner; not too annoying about every little detail yet slightly fashion conscious. It was perfect for her.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/27/2014, 9:13 pm

Thorne grinned "thanks..." She looked over the various pairs of shoes of nearly every style and color. "I'm just not sure what would go with what I just got" she explained, sitting down on one if the benches and looking up at her friend.

Thorne was happy how the shopping trip was going personally, it was really nice to step out of camp and just go and shop with a friend. 
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/28/2014, 6:38 am

"Like I said before, it's the colours that are important." She said. "As long as they match the colours, than we're mostly good. Style dowsn't matter as much." Fenella felt as if she was teaching some sort of class, like Fashion 101. It was a bit harder than except ected.

"What size are you?" She asked, then remembered the incompetent workers. " I suppose that doesn't matter too much, since no one here ever gets the sizes right."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/28/2014, 12:12 pm

"Yeah..." Thorne chuckled. "Well, I'm around a size six I think" she explained and watched her, looking past her at the shelves full of shoeboxes, and most likely all mixed up. She knew the workers here got paid on commission, so it wouldn't be long until one arrived and began to bug them if they needed help.

Sure enough, a young man arrived and soon began to pester and flirt with them, asking if he could help them out, complimenting them on their clothing... Thorne blushed, naturally flirty and said a few things in reply, then sent him off to find some heels or something. She glanced back at Fenella and laughed a little.

"Mortals are so weird...men especially!" She giggled and began to curl her red hair around her finger.
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/28/2014, 9:34 pm

Fenella was pretty much silent when the guy came over and decided to flirt. He was honestly not that cute, and was terrible t flirting properly. He was not even worth her time.

"I know, right?" She said, rolling her eyes when Thorne sent him off. "He wasn't even that cute." She added, as an afterthought while digging through one of the bins. After a bit, she discovered than everything on this rack was either size ten or five.

"Gods, these are horribly organized." Fenella commented as the guy came back with a pair of size ten heels in an awful red colour.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/29/2014, 12:05 pm

Thorne agreed with Fenella and when the guy came back she frowned. "Oh dear, well I'm afraid that red heals aren't going to match my new clothes, I'm sure you understand, right? I'm just not Dorothy"

And so he ran off again, so Thorne turned back to her friend. "Did you find anything?"
    She asked, starting to look for things right next to her, after all, four hands were better than two, right? After a few moments, Thorne found an attractive looking pair, but they were mislabeled and turned out to be too big.
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/30/2014, 3:12 pm

Fenella probably would crushed the giy's feelings, instead of redirecting him kindly. She did that with most people, with the exception of her family and friends in cabin 10.

"Nope. I'll go check on this side." She said, walking over the the rack marked "10". It would be interesting to see what sizes were in here. After a moment of searching, she found an adorable pair of heels that were a very nice shade of purple. And, strangely enough, they were the right size.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/30/2014, 8:38 pm

Thorne smiled and nodded, going back to find some shoes for herself. After talking with the guy another two times, then finally he gave Thorne some cute Mary Janes. After accepting them, she sent the guy off again, which gave her time to walk in the new shoes and over to Fenella.

"So! What do you think?" She asked with a smile, showing off the pair of shoes. Thorne personally thought they went well with them, but she always needed and really, wanted a second opinion on them. Thorne was having a grand time, enjoying the company of the child of magic, even if she had scared her step siblings earlier for some reason.... Well, unless she murdered plants, Thorne would be ok with hanging out with her.
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/30/2014, 9:19 pm

Fenella was not a big fan of Mary Janes in general, but Thorne was pulling them off splendidly. Fenella only wore heels, which was not nessesarily the best idea since she was relatively tall. Heels were just to tempting, and she wore them despite the fact that they often made her like six feet tall.

"Oh, those are cute on you!" She said, cheerily. The heels that she had found had turned out to be her size, which she was very pleased about. The sizings were really off at this store. At least that guy was gone.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/30/2014, 10:02 pm

"Thank you! I love those heels you have!" She exclaimed and fished out her credit card from her pocket. "I'm ready to go, I want to hit a jewelry store before we go back to camp!" She giggled and tucked them under he arm

Thorne was really happy to have shoes that fit! And now all they needed to do was finish here, go to a few more stores as then head back to camp, hopefully laughing all the way. Still, Thorne felt saddened. "Hey Fenella...?"
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 2/5/2014, 12:15 pm

"Thanks, sweetie!" Fenella said with a smile. She gotten the annoying guy to carry all of her purchases, simply by exaggerating the fact that she was not to good at balancing things. She had only needed to drop her bags twice before he came running to the rescue, looking pleased.

"Mortals." She muttered, under her breath. Luckily for him, she was in a good mood totday.

As they followed the worker, Thorne seemed to have something on her mind. "Yes?" She asked, rummaging around in her purse for her wallet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 4:10 am