A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

A Quick Trip to the Big Apple

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

A Quick Trip to the Big Apple - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Trip to the Big Apple

Post by Holly 2/5/2014, 2:32 pm

Thorne hesitated a moment as she paid for her own shoes, then turned to her once they were being put in the bag and stepped aside so she could pay for hers. "I don't stay at camp all year, and I was wondering if maybe when I have to go back to school...you could come with me? I would really enjoy a friend coming to live with me during the school year" She grinned, hoping Fenella would say yes.

Then again, she didn't know...Fenella was a very complicated person and such a random request might throw her off, but to Thorne it was worth a shot anyways.
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female
    Number of posts : 1835
    Registration date : 2012-02-06

Post by Amy Pond 2/6/2014, 7:34 am

Fenella was a bit surprised by the request. She had been expecting something more on the lines of "Why did that girl freak out when she saw you?" or something of the sort. People generally didn't trust her, but Thorne evidently didn't listen much to gossip. That could be used to her own advantage.

Going to a school again. Her dad had been nagging her in his own special way to come back to England for the winters, but he had never made her. Fenella had been keeping up with her schoolwork simply by getting one of the technology minded kids to hack into the site and fix her grades. Her dad hadn't noticed the difference.

"That would be great! Camp gets pretty boring in the winter." She said, meaning every word for once. It was true. Everyone knew her in the winter, which was not good. Summer was when she loved being there.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 2/6/2014, 9:20 am

Thorne grinned, not expecting such an answer. "Really?! That's great!" Thorne exclaimed with a wide smile, showing her perfect teeth. "Oh you will love it!!" She paused after a brief moment to collect her shoes from the clerk whom she had just paid.

"We will have to take my boat though, unless you wish to arrive in Virginia by another method...." She remembered how Fenella said she did not enjoy sailing. She almost pouted, though she didn't, determined to find a way.

"Anyways, I have to return in two days!" She smirked. "Would you go to the school with me as well, or do you have a school of your own...online or something?"
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 2/6/2014, 8:43 pm

Fenella always got horribly seasick, so she was not to thrilled about the sailing idea. Of course, she was probably exaggerating a bit with the "horrible" and "always" bits, but whatever. There was no way she would sail all that way to Virginia.

"Unless you want to see me horribly seasick, I shall suggest some other way of travel." She said, slightly saracastic. No ordinary teenager would ever say a sentence like that, but Fenella generally copied whoever she was with"s manner of speaking. Thorne had a very interesting way, which involved her saying things like "Another method of travel" with a straight face.

"I'll think that I'll go to your school. Definitely." She said, realizing that her way of getting straight A's by the online way wouldn't work without that hacker kid. Her online school directly emailed her grades to her father, and at this new school she could always cheat normally. And she would not give them her father's actual email, so she'd have no issues there.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 2/7/2014, 12:32 am

Thorne grinned and led her out of the store towards the jewelry store, the one right down the block from where the store they were currently in. Once inside she hummed happily, overcome with the joy of having Fenella come with we, and actually go to her school as well!!! She grinned and ran to one if the glass display cases.

"So, have you ever been to Virginia?" She asked as he looked at the wide variety if necklaces and such. She selected a nice one with large emerald and held it up to herself. "Hmmm the gem is too big, and not my cut" she laughed a little and looked for another.

Thorne was really having fun now, she had a great friend who would actually be her roommate for the school year!!
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 2/9/2014, 3:12 pm

The jewelry store was a decent one, with some very nice and moderately priced earrings. Fenella never really paid attention to prices, though, and she just looked for one she liked.

"Hmm? Oh, I've never been there. Is it nice?" She asked, a bit preoccupied with a pair of earings with some sapphires. She didn't have too much jewelry, since she never had an opportunity to dress up at all back at camp. They did have those adorable little dances, but she had never gone to one. Most people were either intimidated by her creepy mother or her Aphrodite friends. It was not a pleasant arrangement.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 2/9/2014, 10:47 pm

"Yeah. I don't think there is a single bad part of that state" She grinned as she selected a few things, then went and paid quickly before returning to her friend. "It's a very nice place, very historic" Thorne added and leaned against the wall, watching the child of magic carefully, smiling.

"I think I'll leave tomorrow, that way I can get my boat back and ready in storage, then get a spot open for you in my house!" She giggled. "I recommend flying into Richmond international, or Norfolk"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 3:51 am