A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Natures Beauty

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

Natures Beauty Empty Natures Beauty

Post by Holly 2/18/2014, 4:07 am

Spoiler:

Thorne smiled as she walked along the pathway of camp, heading back to her cabin after a good day of training and gardening in the strawberry fields. She was happy, in a bittersweet way as she had to leave for Virginia for school, winter break was just about over and she couldn’t miss `class. Thorne took pride in her constant A grades, and couldn’t wait until she had to go to college, and pursue her lifelong ambition to become a botanical scientist. Only a few more years and she would be off to one of the handful of universities that she had envisioned herself attending.

She had returned from New York yesterday, where she had gone shopping with her new friend Fenella, who has since vanished as mysteriously as she had arrived. She had gotten several articles of clothing, and then also a few necklaces, which were all in her chest at her bunk in the Demeter cabin. Right now as she approached the cabin courtyards she was dressed casually or well in her daily clothing. It consisted of the regular orange camp half blood shirt and then she also wore some gray sweatpants, not as comfortable as her jeans but they did allow for a lot more movement in combat training. She wasn’t wearing any necklaces today though; several hours of combat training had made her consider the possibilities of damaging the gemstones. She did however; wear two necklaces on her left wrist, one of smooth driftwood and the other of a silver mixture, with tiny bits of amethyst imbedded within the metal. Her red hair was done in a single braid down her back, some of the dark red strands dangling in front of her face, and her green eyes. Her pale face showed a small bruise on her cheek, a reward from a child of Ares for making it through the training.

Her garden shears were slipped into her pocket, the deadly weapons in the collapsed form, she had to clean those though…after an accident in the sparring match, where she had sent a camper to the infirmary on accident when she was trying to disarm the slightly older boy. That wasn’t the main thing on her mind though, she had found herself thinking of her closest half sister; Jana Kay, and her best friend; Cleo. She hadn’t been able to hang out with either in quite a long time, and wondered if maybe she would have a chance to before she had to take her sailboat and make her way back down the eastern seaboard to her home in Virginia beach.

The wind blew slightly across the camp, bringing with it the sweet smell of strawberries from the fields where her siblings and the nature spirits coaxed the plants to bloom and grow so the stingy camp director, Mr. D, could sell to restaurants in New York to pay for things at camp….like his SUV. Thorne didn’t get along with the immortal camp director, but then again not many of the campers did. She did however, enjoy the other major member of the camp staff; the centaur Chiron. She had yet to go to the wise man’s office again, and again give her suggestions to help improve several aspects of camp.
    She made her way toward cabin #4, in between the Athena and the Hera cabins, respectively. The grass along the light brown cabins roof grew a bright green color, vibrant with the life of vegetation. Tomato vines were in full bloom across the walls of the cabin, and roses blossomed on the front porch. However, she paused for a moment and glanced to the skies, seeing a familiar shape swoop down towards her. It was her yellow crowned Amazon parrot, misty which flew down and landed upon her shoulder. She smiled at the bird and ran her hand across its feathers, smirking playfully as the lovely bird nuzzled her pale face.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Natures Beauty Empty Re: Natures Beauty

Post by Morgan Landry 2/19/2014, 5:21 am

Natures Beauty L

One, two, three, four,... go! Jana thought as she snapped her fingers. She felt in response a vibration in her stomach as she sensed something grow a couple of centimeters underneath the ground, her fingertips pressed against the soft, malleable earth. She could feel the roots and plants down under, the upward rush of water and dissolved minerals through the delicate vessels of the xylem and the downwards torrent of sugar (mainly sucrose) and other photosynthates through the phloem. When she had her fingers to the ground or to a plant, she always felt like her acuteness had multiplied by one hundred and that she was finally experiencing life in HD.

A single stem, not much finer than a hair, sprouted out of the ground with delicious slowness. Under Jana Kay's marveling eyes, it grew a blade, around which a leaf unfolded, then parted into another leaf, the little axillary bud protruding, then continued growing into an internode, which separated into three other leaves until it was topped by the apical bud. Her hands on the ground felt the primary root unfurl in a small array of secondary roots, the little hairs on them expanding to every side in search of water and minerals.

With a smile, Jana Kay removed her hands. From now on, nature would do its work without her help. What she had just done was a little tradition among several Demeter children: they made friendship bracelets out of seeds and dried flowers and when they found a location they liked or needed some love in their opinion, they'd plant a bracelet and made the seeds grow.
    Which was what Jana Kay had been doing right now. The daughter of Demeter stood up, slapping her hands clean on her  green and white bermuda shorts - leaving there brown stains - and passed her fingers through her blonde hair, wiping the sweat away. Of course, after years of training her powers, it wasn't making a little plant grow that would exhaust her, but she still distinctively felt the loss of energy in her arms and legs, as if she had been jogging for five minutes.
    Her hair blew in the wind; she had braided a strain of it, and put a red hibiscus behind her ear, the medium-long stem brushing her cheekbone from time to time. A bracelet of daisies and crocus decorated her right wrist and she had attached her camp necklace around her ankle, which was alright since she was wearing flip flops. She stretched, her white tank top retracing the straight lines of her youthful body, yawned, and opened her green eyes.

That was when she spotted Thorne, her half-sister. The red-haired girl was walking across the cabin's courtyard; dressed in an orange Camp shirt and grey sweatpants, she was heading over to the Demeter cabin with a grin. She must've come back from some sort of fighting lesson, because her temples were beaded with sweat and there were some bruises on her arms.
    The Demeter children had separated after the sword fighting session, one half staying at the Arena for wrestling and javelin throwing, the other part -- where Jana Kay had been in -- had had one hour of hurdling (there hadn't been only hurdles but also crawling under barbed wire, wading through mud pools, scrambling your way across climbing frames, scaling up medium-high walls, jumping over wall bars, and so on), then, after a fifteen-minutes break to get a shower and changing into fresh clothes, they had had pegasi flying with the Iris cabin. Jana Kay had come back about ten minutes earlier and had switched her combat boots for more comfortable flip flops.

So yeah. Pretty cool day.

"Thorne!" Jana Kay called as her half-sister's parrot perched on her arm. She jogged over and gathered her older sister into a warm hug. "Whassuuuuup?" she asked, taking up a funny accent as she spoke with a grin.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 2/19/2014, 8:44 pm

Spoiler:

Thorne grinned when her younger sister noticed her ran over, giving the Barbados native a warm hug, which Thorne gladly hugged back. She wrapped her arms around the blonde girl briefly, planting a quick friendly kiss on her cheek before letting go. "Jana Kay!" She exclaimed happily, letting her Caribbean accent shine through: she knew Jana Kay would never make fun of it. She stroked her parrots feathers lightly for a moment, before speaking a brief phrase in Spanish, which caused the green and yellow parrot to fly back inside of the cabin, then she heard the next thing her close sibling had said and turned to her.

"Me? I'm doing alright! How about you?" She asked with a delicate smile, although there was a slight bit of sadness in it. There was still the painful reminder that she had to leave camp, but maybe she could talk Jana Kay into going with her....though she most likely couldn't...but hey, you never know. "I haven't seen you at all lately!" She exclaimed excitedly. Thorne pulled on her red hair lightly and twirled her finger in the strands, before wiping the swear off her forehead with the back of her hand.

Thorne wished she had been able to clean up...although she was comfortable with her accent around Jana Kay, she was still a little self conscious about her appearance. She slid her hand down from her hair to her pocket and took out a stick, causing her eyes to shine a little brighter shade of green, the small section of wood morphing into a small knife, though after she examined it she snapped it in half and dropped it, where it changed back to a stick.

"Two weak..." She explained with a soft smile as she walked to the porch of the cabin and leaned against one of the wooden supports, covered in plant vines. Absentmindedly she began to find herself humming a silly little tune that several of the Children if Demeter used to help grow the strawberries with the satyrs. That reminded her...she had to check on the little planter box she kept on the windowsill besides her bunk, she hasn't had time to check them that morning because she had slept in...and almost missed breakfast! Not that it was worth it, the Aphrodite girls...well two shallow ones had annoyed her, and she could have sworn there was a child of Deimos giving her a death look... She had however enjoyed sitting with her adopted family of half-sisters.        
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/23/2014, 6:51 am

"What do you mean, you haven't seen me at all?" Jana grinned, still in the hug. "We've eaten breakfast and lunch at the Mess Hall together, or have you forgotten?" She laughed. "I didn't know I could be so easily overseen, especially when I'm sitting right in front of you."

Still chuckling, the blonde Scott stepped back, her leaf-green eyes sparkling.

"Or were you too busy exchanging sweet glances with your heartthrob, hmmmm?" she teased her, walking back with her to the Demeter cabin.
    On the other hand, it was true that Jana Kay had been absent for two weeks. She had spent a late Christmas break with James Blues in Greece, going from Athens to Eleusis over Corinth and Sparta. It had been a delightful trip, and visiting Eleusis, the apex of the voyage, had moved her so much she thought she would cry: Eleusis was Demeter's sacred city.

"Thorne!" Cleo called. She had just stepped out of the Aphrodite cabin, and had caught a glance, at the periphery of her vision, of a familiar redhead, Thorne Rose.

Elegantly stalking over in her white stilettos, the daughter of Aphrodite waved her hand. Today, her hair was curly and bound in a kind of loose yet glamorous bun at the side of her face. Rebellious streaks had escaped the hairdo and fell back around her face in cute pigtails.
    Cleo spotted a younger girl with Thorne, Jana Kay, one of her half-sisters. She didn't know her much, she just knew she kind of got along with everybody at Camp Half-Blood.
    Dressed in a simple white top and denim shorts showing her sunbaked legs, she advanced in a tingle of jewels, her pink, spangled make-up drawing attention on her eyes and lips.

When she had arrived at the Demeter cabin, walking past the Athena and Artemis one, Cleo gathered Thorne in a hug. The daughter of Demeter smelled of earth and exotic fruits, a fragrance that drew a smile on the Egyptian's lips.

"¿Qué tal?" she asked in Spanish, since both of them spoke Spanish fluently, completely ignoring Jana Kay.

"Hi," Jana sheepishly said, smiling a bit before pretending to look at a vine of honeysuckle.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 2/23/2014, 8:23 am

Thorne blushed wildly when she heard her sister suggest that she had been busy staring at a 'heartthrob' which in fact was kind of true! She turned to face the blonde, her cheeks burning red as she grabbed her playfully, not to hurt her half sister in any way.

"Oh shut up!" She replied with a small giggle, trying to get over the fact that she was still blushing so much. She had let go of her hair and was instead twirling her finger in one of the vines that covered the cabin walls and porch, sprouting several types of ripe, delicious, fruits. Thorne ran her hands over the vines as she examined them before walking boldly over to a cluster of ripe, green grapes and plucking off a selection.

"Want one...?" She offered to Jana Kay when she heard her name being called from behind and turned quickly to see who it was.

It turned out, that the sweet voice that had lifted across the cabin courtyard to Thorne was none other than her best friend, Cleo. Instantly she tried to make herself a little more presentable, wiping some sweat off, adjusting her sweatpants...though she wasn't given much time to adjust before she was in another hug, although this time it was from Cleo.

She smiled, hugging her friend back before stepping back a little, looking over the wonderfully dressed child of romance. "Bien! Bien!" Thorne replied in Spanish, before making the change back to English in her tropical accent. "How are you Cleo?" Thorne stated with a wide grin, smelling the perfume that was on the radiant model. The child of Demeter's mind was on overload as she plucked a grape off the cluster and dropped it into her mouth, grinning at her two closest companions, although it also had a tinge of sadness.

Though....the thought did occur to the girl that she could ask Cleo to accompany her down south...in fact that's exactly what she would do! She let go of the warm embrace and apologized for being so poorly dressed, knowing.....well hoping that Cleo would understand. Having know the fashionista for a long time, Cleo had become more than a friend to Thorne, but also her fashion advisor; and Thorne was very, very thankful for that.

She noticed that Jana Kay was being ignored and grasped her hand, pulling her: literally into the conversation. "I have to tell you two something" Thorne told them both with a grin.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/24/2014, 11:10 am

"I'm doing wonderful!" Cleo said with a pretty gesture of her hand, making her golden bracelets tinkle.

She stepped forward and whispered into her ear that she was having another love triangle up with campers from the Apollo and Khione cabins, but low enough so Jana couldn't hear. She gave her friend a warm smile and batted her eyelids before gazing at her questioningly.

Jana Kay looked away from the honeysuckle, her eyebrows raised in curiosity. The way Thorne was speaking, it seemed like Cleo and her were the parents to whom Thorne was about to say she had a serious boyfriend and wanted to get married.

"What is it?" she asked, munching on some grape.

OOC: Short but I had no muse.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 2/24/2014, 2:20 pm

Thorne grinned when Cleo briefly mentioned the new love triangle in her ear. Particularly, Thorne did not like gossip but whenever Cleo mentioned something that even in the slightest way was gossip, Thorne would listen, intrigued on the clever deceptions. She made a mental note to get more details later, she was curious to know who the boy was.

She glanced back at her sister and smiled a little, though it was weaker than normal. "Well...." She began "I have to leave for home tomorrow at noon...you know, I'm only technically a summer camper. Anyways, I was curious if perhaps one of you might come with me? It gets lonely with no demigod friends to spice up the action" Thorne laughed a little bit, letting the sweet sound ring clear of her cultured voice.

"It's alright if you can't, I was just gonna check before I leave...." She smiled again, more confident this time as she popped another grape into her mouth and indulged in the fruits fresh flavor, straight from the healthy vines.

OOC: it's ok Morgan! All posts from you are good posts
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/24/2014, 3:24 pm

"Wait a second," Cleo began. "You're leaving tomorrow and notify us only now?" She giggled. "Isn't it a bit late? I mean, sure you have plans, but me too. (She briefly thought about Jackson and Cassie)"

Thorne was a very good friend for Cleo though: steady, reliable, she outbalanced Esmeralda's volatility and superficiality. The daughter of Aphrodite felt sorry she had to turn her friend down, it would've been such an exciting trip! But why had she told her so late? A day before, seriously?

Jana sighed, a sad smile on her too thin lips. Her eyes gleamed sorry.

"I'm sorry Thorne but I can't either. I came back from my trip with James only last week. Even though I'd love to come, I gotta stay here. My training is far from accomplished."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 2/24/2014, 3:35 pm

Thorne smiled softly and nodded "I understand" She told them, smiling briefly. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you two sooner but your harder to track down than you think!" She let out a giggle, before a sigh. She knew that she should have met them earlier and explained everything, but she had been busy in New York, and then Jana Kay was out of country, and Cleo was off well, she supposed with the love triangle.

"You'll see me off though, right?" The redhead asked after a moment, pulling out her ponytail to let her vibrant and naturally curly hair fall down to the middle of her back. "Perhaps after dinner tonight you and I can chat Cleo, unless your...well, busy" she let out a wink before a playful laugh and turned to Jana Kay. "Then perhaps you and I can talk in the morning, and I can see you both at the beach....?" The Barbados native offered two her friends.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/26/2014, 3:56 am

"I'm hard to track down?" Jana Kay chuckled. "Come on, I'm in your own cabin!"

Her laugh triggered a response in her body and she felt without meaning to a small stem crawl up her ankle, slowly spreading into a red and yellow tulip. A light tugging showed up in her calves and she felt herself weaken a bit. It often happened though that when she was feeling a particular emotion, it set off a response through her powers. She remembered that one time in her garden, when she had been laughing herself to tears with her sisters, daisies had sprung to life all around them.

Cleo watched the tulip grow petals and smiled a bit. Demeter children had among the most demonstrative powers, growing flowers and trees -- however, she would never trade those for her own.

"Sure, come and see me when you want!" Cleo told Thorne with a delicious smile. "You know where to find me. But do you really have to go now? We could hang out a bit," she suggested.

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 2/26/2014, 12:36 pm

Thorne grinned at her Scottish sibling and watched the tulip sprout from her feet, rising above the ground a few inches. "Well, like you said you weren't in country for a while" She added teasingly to Jana Kay, leaning against the vines support of the cabin as she looked back at the marvelous model that was Cleo.

She looked her up and down, before looking at herself. "Well, I don't have to go until tomorrow so yeah we can hang out now! But I'm pretty sure you would like me to change and maybe take a quick shower" Thorne suggested, looking at her sweaty and dirty clothes. She was feeling the desire to push Cleo to go with her, and thought that when they were alone she would try to make it subliminal, and if that failed then she could just keep asking and asking.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/11/2024, 4:23 am