A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Zane's Bunk

zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male
    Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2014-02-26

Zane's Bunk Empty Zane's Bunk

Post by zanematthews 2/28/2014, 2:02 pm

Zane silently walks into the cabin over to his new bed. He eyes it with a little shock in his eyes, unsure of how to process the new turn of events. He straps the sheath of his Stygian Iron Blade to one of the bed posts near the pillow, then collapses onto the bed with his face buried in it. He simply lays there, thinking about the new world he got sucked into.

Last edited by zanematthews on 3/5/2014, 11:59 am; edited 3 times in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Zane's Bunk Empty Re: Zane's Bunk

Post by Morgan Landry 2/28/2014, 3:22 pm

There had been a new arrival at Camp today -- yet again. The second or third one. In summer, basically every day there arrived a couple of new heads, most of them pursued by monsters and accompanied by satyrs; most made it to Camp alive though.
    Sawyer had been on feeding-Peleus-duty today with a couple of other guys, and she had seen that one half-blood coming up with a satyr. They had welcomed him and the satyr had showed him where to stay at, then somebody had had the brilliant idea to ask Sawyer to go to him and show him around the Camp.
    Why her? Probably because the other guys had had a sword fighting lesson which is always more fun than introducing incredulous newbies to the mythological part of the world.
    Sawyer sighed. She wasn't asocial; she liked hanging out with a couple of friends. It was just that society had a tendency of kicking her out.
    She knew she wasn't the best placed to welcome this kid; first, because of her social skills, second, because of her face and her all-over appearance. For the first part, it was simply because human beings hadn't the logic to work like machines: they often had irrational reactions, absurd feelings and incoherent statements, all with which Sawyer couldn't cope. She liked logical things, things she could retrace with her mind and understand. People? Not really the first on that list.
    The second part, her physical appearance... She was gonna scare this kid off. She had a huge burn on the side of her face, which looked like a part of it had melted. She had bushy eyebrows, a crooked nose, chapped lips, wide-set eyes, square jawbones.... Add to that the greasy, lackluster hair bound into a messy ponytail, broad and angular shoulders, brawny body and callous hands. Sawyer was easily the ugliest girl at Camp Half-Blood. There again, her father wasn't known to be a beauty yet most of her half-sisters were really cute: Autumn, for example, or Ariadne.
    And the Aphrodite took a sadistic fun in trying to ship her with the least popular guys of Camp.

She arrived in front of the Unclaimed cabin, wearing a large graphic shirt with boyish denim shorts, her modern axe slung around her back, and knocked.

"Hey, new guy?" she grumbled. "Zane?"
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 2/28/2014, 3:53 pm

As Zane lay face down on his bed in his usual black torn jeans and zip-up hoodie, he covers his ears with his palms, knowing it won't work, but tries to drown out the whispers of the dead anyways. As he presses harder, he picks out a voice that sounds different from the rest, when he realizes that its a voice from the living. He slowly gets off his bed, flipping his hood back up over his head, then straps his sheathed sword across his back, with the hilt over his right shoulder, and shuffles over to the door, opening it slowly and quietly. As the door opens, he spots a strong looking girl with a burn scar on her face. His first thought of her is that she seemed tough "I'm Zane...What do you want..?" He asks in a soft, quiet voice as he puts one hand inside his hoodie pocket and uses the other to hold the door open.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/28/2014, 4:38 pm

"A couple of guys told me I had to show you around," the Latino girl mouthed. "Since you're new and stuff."

She watched him with her russet-colored eyes, examining the articulation of his face; he was probably as old as her though his somewhat lanky body made him seem younger. She wondered if the black outfit somehow meant he could be the child of an Underworld god --many chthonian demigods wore dark clothes.

"So, you coming?
    "
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 2/28/2014, 4:59 pm

"O-oh... uhh.. sure.. let's go, i guess." He replies in his usual soft voice while blushing slightly as he notices her examining him. He swiftly dashes out the door, closing it behind him and passing by the girl on his way out. He stops and fidgets nervously as he waits for her to lead the way. "Where to, camp guide...?" He asks quietly while staring off into the distance.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/28/2014, 5:59 pm

"Name's Sawyer," she rumbled as she shuffled along next to him. "So yeah, this is the cabin's courtyard. Those two big cabins over there are Zeus and Hera. Both are kinda honorary. Zeus ain't supposed to have kids and Hera would never have demigod children." She made a spreading gesture with her arms. "Right side, female goddesses, Demeter, Athena, Artemis, Aphrodite and stuff. Left side, male gods: Poseidon, Ares, Apollo, Hephaestus,... Then you got the other aisles for the minor gods like Iris, Nike and such."

She scuffled past him, her sharp axe swaying with the rhythm if her footsteps. The muscular girl massaged her strong shoulder and squinted in the sunlight.

"A couple of basic rules: keep an eye on your pockets when you get near the Hermes cabin. Don't mess too much with the Ares blokes if you don't wanna finish wrapped up in barbed wire. Also, careful around their cabin, there are landmines. And if you get on the bad side of some Aphrodite kids, be prepared for perma make-up and clothe curses. Any questions before we move on?"
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 2/28/2014, 7:09 pm

Zane quietly follows her pace, making almost no sound as he steps. As the tough looking girl gestures to each location, he makes sure to take a long look, trying to remember all the additional information of the Camp. He keeps his hands in his hoody pockets as they continue along. As he passes through a beam of sunlight, he squints his eyes and pulls his hood up further, covering his eyes just enough to block the sun. "Um.... I heard there was a place i could practice swordsmanship... Where is that..?" he asks quietly, keeping his eyes hidden underneath his hood.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/28/2014, 7:48 pm

"That'd be the Arena," she replied in her deep, hoarse voice. "C'mon."

The massive Brazilian scuffled off, going to the left through a kind of meadow where a couple of Demeter children were having a flower-growing-contest. Some of them playfully made grass blades snake up their ankles, but Sawyer broke away and shot them a look.
    They finally reached the tall, circular building of the Arena. It was made out of white marble and had a large number of war deities and personifications statues standing in niches, separated by columns in Corinthian style. There was Ares, of course, Eris, goddess if strife, the brothers Phobos and Deimos, Alala, Polemos, Enyo, Bia, the Hysminai, the Keres, and uncountable others.

Sawyer walked through the kind of porch, flanked by two statues of Ares and Athena in full battle suits, Ares dressed as a fearsome hoplite and Athena with her Aegis breastplate, a spear and a long cloak. In the seeming tunnel that led to the fighting part of the Arena, the temperature was definitely colder. Sawyer felt gooseflesh bump her arms.
    They arrived in the large sand-covered circle of the Arena. Two cabins were having a lesson, the Dionysus and Nike one. Straw and wood dummies dotted the perimeter.

"Over there you got the weapon lockers," Sawyer told Zane. "And there is the refreshment table, with water in case you need a drink. Nectar and ambrosia are there as well if you get injured -- accidentally or not."

She watched a Nike kid slice a dummy into two and stick his spear inside its straw head, drawing long straight blades out.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 2/28/2014, 8:57 pm

As Zane continues to follow behind Sawyer silently, he glances around everywhere, trying to see as much of the Camp as possible. When they come up to the children of Demeter, he smiles softly, for the first time since all of this Demigod business started, for he can't help but be a little happy seeing other people happy. He'd never admit it, but deep down he loves to make people happy. Once Zane realizes he's smiling, he quickly blushes a little and hides his face under his hood as they continue walking, hoping no one saw him smile. for he hates showing people his emotions. As they walk through the tunnel, he feels the temperature drop just as Sawyer did, but instead of goosebumps, he seemed to relax a little, almost like he enjoys the colder temperature. He watches curiously as the kid annihilates the training dummy, and smiles once again, but this smile seems happier than the one before. But just like before, he blushes and quickly hides his face, but as he pulls his hood down, Zane spots breathtakingly beautiful black rose poking through the sand. "How did this grow here?" He asks softly to no one in particular as he takes his right hand out of his pocket and slowly stretches it down towards the rose. As he gets close to it, the rose suddenly begins withering, and then crumbles to dust. "What the-?!" he says to himself out loud, extremely confused at what just happened.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/1/2014, 6:00 am

Sawyer was watching the fighting training go on, her muscular, copper-colored arms crossed over her Las Vegas graphic shirt. A wild strand of her fell in front of her face, but she didn't bother putting it back behind her ear. However, Zane's question made her turn her head and she looked down at the black rose on the ground. She furrowed her bushy eyebrows.

"I dunno," she said. "I am not a biology freak but I'm pretty sure plants ain't supposed to grow in sand."

She crouched down to look at it, but the moment Zane touched the flower, it withered and crumpled away until all was left of it was a handful of black sand grains. Sawyer looked up at Zane with a look of surprised questioning on her face. "How did you do that?" she asked, but immediately, her expression went blank. She rose back to a standing position.

Above Zane, a hologram had appeared. It was made of a translucent black color and represented an inverted torch set between a pair of wings. Slowly, it rotated around above Zane's head.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/1/2014, 8:59 am

"I... I'm not sure how i did that.." Zane answers back while slowly rising back up from his crouched position as he examines his hand, wondering what happened. As he glances over at Sawyer he notices the blank expression on her face "What's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/1/2014, 10:36 am

"Look up," she mouthed.

In the Arena, most demigods had stopped fighting, watching the phenomena. It was of course not the first time Sawyer saw somebody get claimed, it happened every two days now, after the last summer, when Percy had made every god promise to claim their children by the time they were thirteen. She had seen this symbol before, and knew to which god it belonged.

She crouched down on one knee in a sign of respect, like everybody did when somebody else got claimed. The other Campers followed her example and the leader of the Nike cabin said:

"Hail to you, son of Thanatos."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 3/2/2014, 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/1/2014, 10:45 am

"Wha-" he whispers as he looks up, widening his eyes in surprise at the glowing symbol above his head. As the Nike kid speaks, Zane looks over at him, pulling his hood up enough to reveal his dark, cold blue eyes. "Thanatos? Isn't... Isn't the God of... D-Death?" he asks with a slight stammer, almost like he's afraid of the word.

"I'm... I'm not going to turn into a ghost or anything am I?" he whispers out at Sawyer, with the same frightened voice. Zane slides his hands into his hoodie pockets and begins shifting his weight back and forth between his left and right foot, unable to stand still when his emotions are erratic.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/1/2014, 12:51 pm

Sawyer came back up, like the rest of the other demigods.

"Haha, no, kiddo," she told him, a grin cracking her mouth. "No Thanatos kids ever turned into ghosts. It'd be known if they did."

The symbol was starting to fade slowly away and Sawyer fingered the carbon fibre handle of her axe.

"You were claimed pretty quickly. After the tour, you can get your stuff in your old cabin and move to the Minor Underworld Gods one. You'll see, you got plenty of siblings."

It was true, there were a lot of Thanatos kids, like there were a lot of Hecate and Apollo ones. He'd find out soon enough. And his siblings would probably help him understand Camp better than Sawyer could explain to him.

"Do you wanna move on?" she finally asked.

OOC: Does Zane know Sawyer's god parent?
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/1/2014, 1:18 pm

Zane continues to glance up at the symbol as it fades away, then, embarassed by the attention, he quickly pulls his hood back over his eyes.

"I don't have anything else in my cabin.. The only things i own are the clothes i'm wearing and my sword.." He points to the sheathed sword on his back before pushing his hands back in his pockets.

"Sure.. After you.." he answers, his voice soft and anxious to get away from all the people. He is way too shy to enjoy large groups, hence why he typically sits by himself.

OOC: He doesn't know for sure, but he thinks she is a child of Hepheastus, due to her tough looking appearance.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/1/2014, 2:20 pm

OOC: Alright ^^

BIC:

Sawyer frowned again as they went back through the Arena's porch and out in the sunlight.

"Really?" she asked. "Well you gotta buy clothes and stuff at the Camp store then. I'd better come with you, though, there are often Hermes guys who try to scam newbies."

He had a soft voice and had this habit of pulling his hood over his face. Sawyer wondered if he was shy, or if he didn't appreciate being in the spotlight. Or being in society at all. Unfortunately, her contact with organic life being rather moderate, she had no real idea. She wasn't good in analyzing feelings. She didn't even understand her own.

She stopped at ten meters from the Arena and gestured to the right.

"There's the forest. We play Capture-the-Flag there every Friday, though don't go there alone or unarmed, there are monsters positioned to challenge Campers."
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/1/2014, 2:33 pm

As they re-enter the sunlight, Zane pulls his hood down further, attempting to block out the bright sun from reaching his eyes. "But i have no money.. I had to use what little money i had for the bus ride here.... since the satyr that brought me forgot to pay.." He repeatedly zones in and out as they continue walking, trying to process the fact that he's the son of Death, and of course his new home. Zane tries not to show it, but deep down he loves the Camp, mainly due to the fact that his only home for as long as he could remember was a run-down orphanage. When Sawyer draws his attention to the forest, he can't stop another small smile creep onto his face. "That place.... looks amazing..." his smile quickly drops as he rubs his ear closest to the forest, a small twinge of pain showing on his face. "Alot of people have died in there...." he says softly, his voice barely audible.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/1/2014, 6:04 pm

When he said that the place was amazing, Sawyer thought he was talking about the forest.

"Yeah, its amazing till they claw your guts out. But don't worry, nobody died in ages." She grinned at him. "And when I say ages, I mean at least two months."

With that, she carried on towards the armory, which was basically the Camp Half-Blood arsenal. She looked at him over her shoulder. Teasing newbies was a huge game here, but she was sure he had understood she had been joking.

"As for the money, ya wont be paying in dollars here." She slid her hand in her pocket and drew a golden, awkwardly struck coin, holding it up for him to see. "Ya'll be paying in drachmas."

The brawny Latino tossed him the coin and carried on shuffling. She had plenty of drachmas from her forging -- hey she wasn't making the weapons for free. Basically nobody from her cabin was. When somebody orders something or had a request, it always had its price.
    Reason why Hephaestus guys were among the richest at Camp.

"That's the armory," she told him as they passed next to the white marble shed. "Ya won't need to get near it since you already have a sword. If you're ever searching for a shield though, there are plenty in there."

She continued, her voice starting to get a bit more hoarse.

"There, strawberry fields. Basically the economic support of Camp in the mortal world. With the help of the satyrs and Demeter kids, we got a hell of a production." She breathed the fruity fragrance in before pointing to another building. "Those are the stables. Horses and pegasi."
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/1/2014, 7:01 pm

Zane smiles softly, underneath his hood, as Sawyer makes a funny joke about the forest and continues following along closely. It's nice of her to try and lighten the mood. It's tough being the new kid, Zane thought to himself as they came up on the Armory.
    He glances up to look at the Armory, when he spots the Drachma flying toward his head. With quick reflexes, he moves his head out of the way as his hand shoots out of his pocket and grabs the coin as it passes next to him. He looks at it closely and admires it before putting it in his pocket and continuing the tour.
    When they reach the lush, juicy looking strawberry field, he gazes out in awe at the fact that such big, healthy looking strawberries are growing, and in huge production as well. His hand slowly reaches out from his pocket to touch one, but quickly pulls it back in, thinking back on what happened to the rose. His face streaks with sadness, thinking that he may never be able to touch a plant again. Zane gazes over at where she indicated, staring out with his mouth slightly open as he sees the amazing amount of beautiful horses and Pegasi. "Wow.... You guys have everything here..."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/1/2014, 7:16 pm

"Eh. I'm not a fan of ponies," Sawyer replied. "Unpredictable. Weird. And when they're broken, y'cant fix them."

Same principle applied to people, though. And Sawyer was no fan of medicine either. What she liked were machines, engines she could repair by a couple of turns with her screwdriver. It was logical. Mathematical. Understandable.

"Let's go up there," she said, pointing on a nearby hill. "From there, we're gonna have a panoramic view."

That way it would be easier -- and shorter -- for Sawyer, instead of hauling her butt across Camp's perimeter. It wasn't that she disliked Zane -- either way, she didn't know him enough to judge -- but she had this thing of not wanting to hang out with people more than a precise amount of time. She didn't know if it was a secondary effect of the bullying people used to pull on her -- and still did, in some ways (coughcoughAphroditecabincoughcough) but she felt the need to draw back.

She scaled up the hill in long, heavy strides, stuffing her hands into her pockets. She felt, next to a couple of drachmas, a handful of nuts, megs, screws and bolts with wire and metal parts ... Everything she could take after the forging lessons to tinker with in her room.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 3/2/2014, 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/1/2014, 7:35 pm

"Yea... i know how you feel... I'm not a fan of flying.." Zane answers back softly as he shivers at the thought of flying.

"That's.... Thalia's Pine up there isn't it..?" He asked as they started up the hill. While they walked, he fidgeted with the Drachma in his pocket, running it through his fingers repeatedly, thinking to himself, Sawyer seems pretty nice.. But i guess she doesn't like to hang out with people, like me. She seems.... withdrawn.. from everyone.. I wonder if she has a fear of opening up and getting hurt like i do...

As they trekked up the hill, he glanced down at where he was walking. his face struck with immense sadness at the death he was causing to the plant life by just walking. Maybe i should just stay in my room... I hate that i'm killing things..
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/1/2014, 8:22 pm

"It's not the flying that bothers me," she mouthed, taking a couple of gears, screws and wires from her pocket and started to assemble them. "It's basically sitting on an unreliable piece of living meat that can listen to what I tell it to do or grow stubborn and ignore me. A simple question of security." She kicked a stone out of her way. "I don't like animals and they don't like me," she shrugged. "Easy enough."

She continued wrapping the wire around the gears before screwing some together, adding slowly the small sheets of metal she had found in her pocket. Her hands continued working as he talked about Thalia's tree.

"Um, yes it is. How d'you know?"
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/1/2014, 8:28 pm

"Well.. Me and the satyr who brought me here passed by it. He said Thalia was a demigod who gave her life to protect her friends, but at the last second, her father Zeus turned her into a tree.." He answers back while continuing up the hill. As they get near the top, Zane spots Peleus and jumps in surprise, stumbling back and tripping over a root in the ground, falling down hard on his rear. "W-What the heck is that?! Is that a.... dragon?!"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/1/2014, 9:16 pm

"Yeah, Thalia's kinda a legend here," Sawyer admitted. "She's not a tree anymore though. She's a Hunter."

Sawyer looked up, her hands moving mechanically, as if they were independent.

"Oh yeah, that's Peleus," she said in a matter-of-fact tone. "He guards the Golden Fleece and eats any monsters dumb enough to get their sorry butts in his sight range."

She grinned as her hands finished tinkering. She had created an automaton in the shape of a ship, with sails out of fine metal sheets and ropes out of thin wires. She pulled on a little screw and the ship sailed out of her hand with a mechanical sound, the miniature oars rowing across the air. Sawyer's rough lips smiled a little as she watched it go on roaming in the wind. Tinkering was her passion, and, like most of her siblings, she did it every time she could.

The small ship was pushed back by a breeze and Sawyer took it back in her hands, pulled some wires and the whole thing crumpled back down  to a handful of metal, bolts and nuts.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 3/2/2014, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/1/2014, 9:20 pm

As Sawyer talked, Zane looked over at her and couldn't help but stare, amazed at how skilled she was with metal and wires. "Whoa..." he says out, barely audible, as he watches the miniature ship start sailing around, then gently lands back into her hand. "That's...... That's amazing Sawyer.." he says softly, still staring in awe. Suddenly, Zane blushes in embarrassment and hides his face under his hood, from that being the first time he's called Sawyer by her first name.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 8:36 pm