A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Zane's Bunk

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Zane's Bunk - Page 2 Empty Re: Zane's Bunk

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 11:43 am

Sawyer looked at him, surprised by the compliment.

"Oh, um... thank you. I guess." She started reassembling the wires and gears into something else, combining and screwing them together like a complicated mechanical puzzle.

The daughter of Hephaestus looked down at her hands while she tinkered, her skin covered in blisters and cuts and burns. She caught sight of yellowing grass though, and glanced to the side, to see that the blades and plants withered at Zane's approach.

"Are you making that on purpose?" she wondered, though it might sound a bit rude. Well, she didn't know when she was rude and when she wasn't anyway; she just stated her mind without trying to complicate things.

zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male
    Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2014-02-26

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 11:59 am

"Am i doing what on purpose?" he asks with confusion on his face before looking down and noticing the dead happening around him, "Oh...... No... i can't exactly control it... it just happens.." He stares down at the dead plant life with deep sadness in his eyes, as if he hates death. "I think it's tied to my emotions though... the process seems to go faster if i'm really angry or really sad... Umm.. i'd keep my distance if i were you... I don't know if it affects more than just plants, and i don't want to hurt anyone... especially the only person that has talked to me since i got here.." he shrugs lightly and stares off into the distance, admiring the beautiful view of Camp.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 12:22 pm

It's not really like I had a choice, she mumbled in her head.

"Perhaps it's just a kind of benediction," she told him. "Aphrodite kids have this, when they get claimed, they get a red aura and look ten times prettier. Perhaps this is a sign from your dad, for, y'know, your claiming."

It was just a theory but it was all Sawyer got for now. The plants continued drying and withering and yellowing in Zane's path and Sawyer wondered if she should take his advice of keeping her distance. Like, if it was only grass...

"If it doesn't kill animals, it should be okay," she grumbled as they reached the top of the hill, her hands still assembling the nuts, wires and gears into a metallic insect which looked almost like a dragonfly. It buzzed as the metal wings vibrated and the small automaton glided forwards, spitting a wire as it came within twenty centimeters of a tree, the wire wrapping itself around one branch. Sawyer paced up to it, disassembled it and put it back into her pocket. It wasn't her fault, she was hyperactive. She always had to build stuff with her hands, otherwise she went nuts.

Ehm was that a pun?, she thought in her head. If yes, a bad one. Not made on purpose.
    Whatever.

"Here ya go," she said, her voice deep and gravelly. "So cabins, Arena and stuff, we already went through. Over there, that big house, it's called... well, the Big House. It's where the two Camp directors live, Mr D and Chiron. I s'pose you met them already?"
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 12:34 pm

"I don't know... Hopefully it either stops or i can somehow control it.."He said with fascination in his eyes as she constructs a dragonfly. Amazement fills his him at how many things this girl can make out of just a few pieces of scrap. "Wait a minute.... are you a daughter of Hepheastus? Isn't he the god of machinery and stuff?" he asks as he continues watching the little, mechanical bug.

As they continue walking, he glances up when Sawyer gestures toward the Big House. The one building that he's familiar with, since that was the place he was taken to when he got here. "Yea, i know them. Is it true that Dionysus is really a god?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 12:58 pm

"Yep," Sawyer replied as he asked about her being a daughter of Hephaestus. "God of machinery, forging, tinkering... being thrown off Olympus by his parents. Fortunately, I haven't inherited that last trait."

She had been at Olympus a couple of times, and every time she had been there, she couldn't help but look down at the blurry streets of New York, so far under her, and had hoped she wouldn't get the same treatment as her father for being ugly. She had even thought catching Hera glancing at her, but it probably had just been her imagination. Either way, she held no love for the queen of the gods. Neither did many other people at Camp.
    She remembered when she had arrived at Camp, little eight-years-old Sawyer, and had seen the Hera cabin. It had filled her with a weird, dreadful feeling for the first couple of weeks.

"Haha, yeah, he's really a god," she chuckled. "Guess it isn't that obvious when you see him. But don't ask him in person, he might turn you into a squirrel and squash you under his SUV."
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 1:24 pm

" Oh no, i definitely won't ask him.. I may not particularly like most of the gods, but i definitely won't go out of my way to offend one or get on the bad side of one." he says with a little shrug and begins fiddling with his Drachma in his pocket. "I never want to go to Olympus... I don't like heights..." he shudders at the thought of being so high up and glances down at his feet, to make sure he's still on solid ground. But this only makes his face streak with sadness as, once again, the area around him is dying. "I really hate this..." gesturing slightly toward his uncontrollable power.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 1:53 pm

"How can you not like most of the gods when you met only one?" Sawyer asked him. "And Olympus is cool. Been there a couple of times. They have nice coffee shops. Hella expensive, but their black expresso is perfect. Oh yeah, and meeting my dad, too."

She looks down at his feet and bites her lip, not knowing what to say.

"If it's a benediction, it should go away after a week or so," she finally told him, before looking back at Camp, unraveled under them. "Next to the Big House, y'have the volleyball and basket ball courts, the Arts and Crafts building, the river, and the canoe lake -- don't mess with the naiads, I've done it once and regretted it -- then the Amphitheater, the climbing wall, the Mess Hall, where we eat, and over there, it's the beach with the sea," she finished.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 2:00 pm

"Well.... i hear the voices of the dead.... And quite a few of them have some... nasty comments about the Gods.." He replied, still fidgeting a little. "And Olympus is just... too high for my taste.." he shudders once again, indicating he has an immense fear of heights.

"Well... It needs to hurry up and go away.." he says, his voice barely more than a whisper, before returning his attention to the Camp. "You guys have everything here..." Maybe... Just maybe... living here might not be so bad...
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 2:20 pm

"Don't listen to the dead," she seriously told him. "They have regrets, remorses, grudges. And they hate the livings, mortals or gods."

She knew this from the various stories known at Camp, stories of Quests and battles. The only time the dead had ever held a good place was last year, during the Battle of Manhattan, when that Nico guy had conjured his zombie army to defend Olympus.
    But even he had been influenced a year before by a ghost, or so she heard. She didn't know, didn't remember, didn't particularly care.

"Anything? Yeah, kinda. But it doesn't mean this is a paradisiac oasis, dude, don't worry, you'll find out by yourself soon."
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 2:36 pm

"It's kind of hard not to listen to them... They're always whispering in my ear.. even now..." he says as he rubs his ear, hoping to drown out the voices, but to no avail. So far, all of his so-called gifts from his father have been never-endingly annoying.

"I think it will just take time to adjust... This place... feels more like home than anywhere i've been before.." he responds. "How long have you been here..? U-unless it's none of my business.."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 2:58 pm

"Nah, it's cool," she replied, kicking a stone. "I've been here for eight or nine years -- only during summer and school breaks though."

She looked out at Camp -- to her as well, this was her second home, just like the flat she lived in with her mother in Corpus-Christi. What she preferred, though, was her cabin. She had everything there.
    Cabin 9 had burnt down a couple of years ago under the attack of a drakon. The fire had consumed all of the clothes and personal items they didn't have the time to save, but the good side of the medal was that they had been able to rebuild a brand new cabin equipped with the newest technologies and inventions. Sawyer had even got to design her own room, coating it in stainless steel and incorporating sensors everywhere that reacted to her voice and touch. It was her favorite place on Earth.

"Try listening to music," she told him as he talked about hearing the voices. "Like, really loud. Might drown them out."

It was probably a crap idea, but Sawyer didn't have any other one right now. If Zane had been a machine, she'd simply open the lid to the control panel, look at the circuits and the connections of the wires to find the problem, then solve it either by recoding some things or screwing a couple of parts differently.
    But it was not possible, all hail to mother nature.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 3:24 pm

"Oh.. only during the summer huh... I'll be here year round.." he said while gazing out towards the cabins. Zane had mixed emotions about staying permanently. On one hand, he's happy he finally has somewhere to live, but on the other, he wishes he had a real home, with his mother. But it would be hard to live with someone that's dead.

"That's actually a good idea.. I've never tried it before.." he said with a soft smile, a glimmer of hope in his eyes. "Music... Drown sound out with more sound... "he lets out a light laugh as takes the coin in his pocket out and begins flipping it up with his thumb, then catching it in his palm before repeating the process.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 4:25 pm

"Well that's good, to be here year long, you'll learn to fight and stuff. This gonna be pretty cool." She sighed, her hands in her pockets.

"The only tough months are the first ones. The Hermes guys will sneak into your cabin to steal your stuff and smear shaving foam onto your bunk, the Aphrodite kids will try to pair you up with somebody and the Ares dudes will give you the welcoming initiation." She looked at him. "When it happens, don't complain, everybody went through it. The good part is that you can play pranks on them too. That's always fun."
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 4:35 pm

"The... welcoming initiation? What's that?" he looked at her, a confusing look on his face. "I'm not one for pranks.. And the Aphrodite children will have a tough time pairing me with someone.. not many people embrace death with open arms..." he stretches his arms out and sticks his hands back into his pockets, gazing blankly into the distance.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 5:03 pm

"They push your head into the toilets," she explained. "The only guy who gave it back to them was Percy Jackson. But there again he's the son of Poseidon. Manipulating water is his thing." She coughed up a laugh. "Clarisse, the counselor, was soaked wet. Everybody cheered."

She sat down on a nearby boulder, enjoying the warm sun.

"Don't underestimate the Aphrodite's too much. They managed to make a guy ask me out. Well Drew used her charmspeak, so that of course made things much easier." She glanced at him. "Charm speaking is a power only two Aphrodite girls have, and it kind of hypnotizes you into doing things." She shrugged again. "The guy was a rather popular Hermes kid. But he played one prank too much on the Aphrodite cabin so Drew decided she was fed up, and, as a punishment, made him flirt with me and ask me out. I don't need to tell you he was so shamefaced afterwards he ignored me ever since. People laughed at him for weeks."

She had tried to help him though, to show him he was being manipulated. But Drew was powerful and he had just carried on. And after that, everybody teased him with it like "Hey Greg, there's your fair lady! She looks so beautiful today!" Yeah. Being forced to flirt with the ugliest girl at Camp can surely make you ashamed enough, she thought.

She stretched, spreading her muscular arms.

"Yeah," she smothered a yawn, "we're one big family."
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 5:23 pm

"Wow... too bad i wasn't here to see Percy do that.." he said with a grin on his face, holding back a laugh at the thought of someone getting the Ares kids back. I'm gonna have to make sure to stay away from the Ares kids. he thought quietly. As she told him about the prank they did, he frowned in disgust, "Oh Gods, that's horrible! There's no reason for anyone to ever mess with someone's feelings like that. It's appalling how they did that.. And how they made you out to be a punishment..." he said with his face covered by his hood. "There's nothing wrong with someone asking you out... People care about looks too much... They can't see past what you look like to see what you're like on the inside.... a complete genius with machinery.." his face blushes deeply as the compliment leaves his mouth, hiding his face further underneath his hood and starts fidgeting with the coin in his pocket.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 5:38 pm

"Look kiddo," Sawyer mouthed, fidgeting uneasily on her boulder. "I appreciate what you say and stuff...but you don't know me. And if you say I'm a machinery genius, wait to see my brother Jordan. Basically all the Hephaestus cabin are tinkerers like me, but Jordan's definitely among the best."

She might've sounded rude without meaning to. Yet sometimes she couldn't help it. Sure, she appreciated what he had said... But she didn't need any pity. She looked the way she looked, basta. Having been bullied about it was bad enough but pity was even worse. Plus one, society.
    She didn't know how to tell him though.

"But when you see Jordan though," she said. "Try to, em, not look weirdly or ask questions."
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 5:46 pm

Zane glanced over at her and could instantly tell he had said the wrong thing. This is why i don't talk to people. I always say the wrong thing! he said in his mind, yelling at himself. Ever since he was little, he had trouble talking to people, so eventually, he just stopped talking. He greatly preferred to listen. When he talks, bad things always happens to him. Maybe it's a curse passed down from my father, he thought sadly, maybe i'm cursed to push people away and be alone like him. "W-why would I look weirdly..?" he asks, his voice back to its normal softness.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 6:24 pm

Zane seemed more withdrawn, Sawyer couldn't tell why. Perhaps it was just the shock of arriving at Camp; it was a lot to process, she remembered. She decided to give him some time and stay silent before he asked about Jordan.

"He kinda misses an arm and a leg," she told him. "Got self-made metal prosthesis though."

Jordan was a sensitive subject for her, he was her favorite sibling. And when she had seen him come back with his injuries.... Gods, no.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 7:00 pm

"Oh no... I'm sorry to hear about your friend..." he replied, trying to imagine how it must feel to lose limbs. "Well, him being a son of Hepheastus... i think if he wanted to, he could make those prosthetics amazing... Put some retractable weapons in it... or something.." Zane said, with a faint smile appearing on his face as he thought about all the things you could put in a prosthetic. Zane could sense a deep feeling in Sawyer for Jordan, but not in a romantic way, more like... family. Zane starts to smile, thinking how great it must be to have a family.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 7:35 pm

"He's not my friend, he's my brother," she grumbled. "And his prosthetics are the best I ever saw. Of course he has gadgets in them, whatcha think?" She gave a little, not really happy chuckle. "We children of Hephaestus have gizmos everywhere. You should see my room."

She leaned back and squinted to look at the sun. It was starting to descend in the sky, baking them in afternoon heat which didn't bother Sawyer at all.

"At least he didn't loose his limbs on accident. He went on a Quest and well... At least he came back alive, y'know?"
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 7:40 pm

Zane looks up and squints at the sun, then quickly looks down, pulling his hood over his face tighter. "Ugh... I hate the sun... It's too bright and hot.." He pulls on the neck of his hoody, trying to pump some air into it to cool off. "Yea... It is good.." he softly answers back, still trying to cool himself. "Speaking of cabins..... where is my new one...?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2014, 7:53 pm

"We can go back down if you wish," Sawyer suggested.

She stood up and roughly dusted her masculine shorts before stretching again, the strong muscles of her back tensing.

"Your cabin is in one of the aisles I told you about," she told him. "Wanna go?"
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/2/2014, 7:56 pm

"Sure... I just want to get out of this heat...." He mutters while standing up quickly, ignoring the grass on his jeans. "After you." he gives her a soft smile as he begins fidgeting with the coin once again. Gods... give me a cool dark dungeon over sunlight any day he mentions to himself
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/3/2014, 3:24 am

Sawyer nodded and started jogging down the hill in regular paces, her modern axe bouncing against her back heavily. The breeze against her face made her feel better; it was soft and pleasant like a stroke.

Once off the hill, she followed the little river that led to the Canoe Lake, before spotting the other hill.

"Oh, forgot to tell you. See that hill over there? That's were the Oracle lives."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 9:10 pm