A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

BEWARE! The Trees Have Shadows

zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male
    Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2014-02-26

BEWARE! The Trees Have Shadows Empty BEWARE! The Trees Have Shadows

Post by zanematthews 2/28/2014, 9:31 pm

Zane runs into the forest, wanting some alone time to think about everything that has recently happened. He stops abruptly, about 100 feet into the forest, and looks around at the trees, loving how dark it is from the shadows of the trees. He takes this time to practice his newly found power, shadow travel, by slowly pushing his body through a dark shadow on the side of a tree, reappearing on a thick branch about 20 feet up in the tree. As he exits the shadow, he collapses down into a sitting position on the branch, breathing a little heavy, due to that being only the second time he's ever shadow travelled.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male
    Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2014-01-31

BEWARE! The Trees Have Shadows Empty Re: BEWARE! The Trees Have Shadows

Post by Brastus 3/1/2014, 4:11 pm

He had heard a sound from some ten to fifteen feet away from his position and dropped a tremendously heavy dumbbell he had been using for his excursive. The weight fell with a large thud and he begun to walk towards the source of the noise. He was wearing a simple metallic blue t-shirt with some dark jeans and his signature necklace. After walking for some five minutes, Brastus ends up in the dark part of the forest and was now getting a bit paranoid. He snatched his necklace and smashed it, which made his trademark demonic black celestial two-handed broadsword appear. He held the blade in his two hands and stood with a fighting position. He sure hated surprises and would not hesitate to cleave through anything that jumped on him. He gritted his teeth under his lips and jerked his head at the sound of a twig snapping. Immediately and without any form of grace, Brastus lunged to the twig and almost sliced an entire tree in half with one swing. He would not admit it, but he was terrified of the dark. The tall and powerfully built teen was exhibiting signs of fear and he hated it.

"If any idiot is planning to play a game with me, I suggest showing your god forsaken face before I pummel it to a bloody pool ya hear me! I am not going to repeat myself, come out and show yourself ya cowards?" Roared Brastus as he hesitantly flailed around his huge sword at anything.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/1/2014, 4:21 pm

Zane jerked in surprise as the tree he was perched on vibrated from something hitting it. "What The..!" he yelped out as he looked down over the side of his branch, seeing a tough, mean looking guy holding a giant sword. Gods! There's people everywhere at this place! he yelled in his mind. Letting out a frustrated growl, he fluidly unsheathed his 3 1/2 foot long Stygian Iron blade and gripped it tightly as he slowly pushed his sword into the shadows, causing it to inch its way out of a shadow behind the boy with the sword. His breathing quickens as the power starts tiring him out, but he pushes on, and eventually positions the blade right behind the boy's neck. "What the heck is wrong with you?! Why are you flailing that huge piece of bronze around like a madman??" he yells down at the boy.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/1/2014, 4:32 pm

After hearing a voice and feeling a blade from behind, brastus's otherwise tanned skin became paper white as he released the most unmanliest and most humiliating scream of his life. He almost died. During his scare, he thrusted his blade around like an idiot and fell down to the floor. He swore he was going to die and seeing a pale hand with a stygian iron blade sure did not help him. Immediately Brastus screamed in horror and summoned all of his weapons and aimed them at the hand.

"Stay back you one hand bastard! I'm warning you I am a son of Ares and I am not afraid of using these to kill you! I said stay back!" Said Brastus as he grabbed his war hammer and swung it at the hand with the blade, but he did no know if he hit the hand due to him shutting his eyes before he made sure his hammer struck. Afterwards he was panting and his eyes were held in stares. His proud chest was huffing and puffing as his broad shoulders rose up with each of his ragged breaths.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/1/2014, 5:19 pm

"Whoa man, cool it! I'm not gonna hurt you, i just don't think you should destroy such a dark, beautiful place" Zane says while pushing the rest of his body through the shadow. As his body fully exits, he collapses down onto one knee, breathing heavily and holding himself up by leaning on his sword. His hood falls down as he collapses, giving you a complete view of his pale skin and his icy, dark blue eyes looking up at you. "You.... You seem a little.... a little uncoordinated for a son of Ares." he mutters out in between breaths.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/1/2014, 5:28 pm

"Shut up you paper white idiot!" Screamed Brastus who was still a bit hyped up from the scare. He still gripped his hammer with his hard hands but was now more relaxed after seeing it was just another person. He later regained his tough guy demeanor and stood back with his strong back and snapped his fingers, which made all of his weapons disappear. "Sorry man, it's just…the dark kinda freaks me out…Im not a guy who likes to fight blindsided. Anyways, I don't have any long range attacks of mass destruction, so I can't destroy this whole place completely. I could give it a nice trimming and cut down some hundred trees or so, but I'm not one for destruction of nature without a reason. Names Brastus, what's yours kid?" Asked Brastus who picked upped his broadsword and transformed it back to his necklace and placed it on his thick neck again.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/1/2014, 5:36 pm

He stays down on one knee for moment, catching his breath, then slowly rises and sheaths his sword before pulling his hood back up over his head. As he rises to standing position, in a perfect circle around him, all the grass and vegetation within a foot of Zane is withered and crumbling to dust. He glances down at the withered circle and grimaces before looking at you and responding in his normal quiet voice "Zane.... And i prefer the dark.. I like to hide in the shadows and observe rather than wildly attack head on..... As you already saw..."

"Nice blade you have there... but i think you have too many weapons.. Why use so many weapons to get the job done? It's better to carry one good one that can do it.."
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/1/2014, 6:12 pm

Brastus smiled at the odd-skinned kid and laughed a bit. "Yeah, guess your right. But don't underestimate my necklace sword of Necros, it's my main sword and it can pretty much slice up almost anything. As for my other weapons, the purpose for them is when I use my necromantic powers, my soldiers have weapons each. However, I don't use my undead powers that often so Im mostly stuck with my necklace sword." Informed Brastus as he sat down on a boulder and begun to lighten up.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 3/1/2014, 6:35 pm

OOC: Deleted.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 3/2/2014, 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/1/2014, 6:45 pm

Brastus let out a sarcastic laughter and stood up with a wolfish grin. If there was someone he truly did not like, it was his half-sister Chiara. She was too loud and too implosive. sure he was just as explosive and arrogant, but he at least tried to be friendly to some. Yeah she was tough and a good battle partner, but he just couldn't stand her. He decided to not be friendly at all to her. He got up from the ground and jerked his neck at the new guy so he didn't really be a part of two kids of Ares exchanging words to each other.

"If it isn't the royal fu#cing princess of Ares herself. What do you want sh@t for brains?" Cursed Brastus clearly annoyed by her and her attitude. He had clearly used his accent, a sign that he was slowly losing his temper.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/1/2014, 6:51 pm

"Oh... well it doesn't have a name yet... but i prefer," Zane reaches behind and unsheathes his sword, holding it up for Brastus to see, "This little thing right here.." As he twists it around to show off both sides, the words Angel of Death can be seen engraved into the blade. "As you saw before... it has the power to shadow travel like i can.." He lightly presses the tip into the ground and holds it upright by the handle, examining its broad side, when a voice nearby caused his head to jolt up, gazing over at the voice's origin. He goes to say something but quickly blushes and hides his face as Brastus speaks up, not wanting to become the target of some of those insults. He slides up closer against the tree, his black clothes almost making him invisible against the dark shadows.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/1/2014, 7:02 pm

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 3/2/2014, 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/1/2014, 7:12 pm

Zane continues to watch from the shadows, listening in and wondering why siblings could ever treat each other like this. I wonder if my half brothers and sisters are like this he thought to himself as he lowered his hood enough to get a better look at them. They both resembled each other an alarming amount. While most of their features were different, they were both strong and mean looking. And of course, them being children of the War God meant they had a temper and attitude. I really don't like that God he thought to himself again.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/1/2014, 7:18 pm

Brastus loved exchanging words with Chiara. It served as a sort of therapy for him. He yawned loudly and seems to disregard her insult like it was nothing.

"Aw c'mon baby don't be like that! Seriously, thats the best you can come up with. My goodness, what a pathetic excuse for an insult. I've seen children of Athena throw better insults than that! Stop trying to talk like a grown up and fetch me some water princess. The grown up is talking. Oh and to your miserable insult I say this. With hair and freckles like yours. who would want to even kiss you." Said Brastus who leaned back on some tree and played with his necklace, while he grimaced back at his half-sister.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/1/2014, 7:30 pm

zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/1/2014, 7:40 pm

"H-hey! I'm not a girl.." Zane yells out from the shadows, blushing deeply from her comment, but quickly hides his face further into his hood and retreats back into the shadows. As he leans against the tree, he accidently shadow travels through it, reappearing up at the branch he started at. "A-ah! D#mm$t!" He yelled out as he fell onto the branch, his face scraping against the bark slightly. Great! Once again, my clumsiness makes an appearance in front of other people. Now they're gonna laugh like everyone else did, he said in his head, yelling at himself.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/1/2014, 7:51 pm

Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/1/2014, 8:31 pm

"Don't bring him into this Chiara. I can handle your childish temper tantrums, but don't involve someone who is barely out of his diapers. Look if you want I'll fight you for the hundredth time later. Last time you fought me I was most unimpressed so please try to make me sweat if you can that it. Oh and dearie, Zane's a guy, but I think he is more attractive than the mess of fuc@ked upped genes you have. Im practically dad's heir be it on skills and on looks. So go back to the cabin and please prepare the sticks you use for your nightly activities but try to shove them at the right target this time." Retorted Brastus who just winked at his half-sister smugly and blew her a mockish kiss. "Sweetheart."

Last edited by Brastus on 3/1/2014, 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/1/2014, 8:40 pm

"Barely out of my diapers?! Hey!! I may not know much about my powers or fighting yet, but i guarantee you'd never hit me." Zane yells down from his branch while lightly rubbing his nose on the spot that scraped against the bark. No longer wanting to hide in the shadows, Zane grabs a hold of the branch and leaps off, swinging slightly to slow his descent down. Right before he hits the ground, he falls into a shadow, disappearing for about 5 seconds before leaping out on the right side of Brastus, landing quietly into a crouched position with his hands on the ground, between his bent knees. At his touch, the plants around his palms begin withering and eventually crumbles to dust, leaving a a sick-looking, barren spot a couple inches all around his hands.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/1/2014, 8:46 pm

While the moves he had sure were good for circuses, he himself was not impressed. " Kid, I don't mean to be a jerk here, but your not even close to Chiara or me in terms of sheer power. In fact, the only fights I've had fun with is a drunk Chiara. My point being kid, is that your not tough enough. Sure you got a great set of powers and shadow travel, but I don't see ya as a warrior. Im sorry if I offended ya kiddo." Responded Brastus who really tried no to get the other boy's feel ins hurt.

Last edited by Brastus on 3/1/2014, 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/1/2014, 8:53 pm

"Oh no, i agree with you. I'm no warrior. All i said was you couldn't hit me, not that i would win in a fight." he glances up at Brastus, smiling slyly. "All that power does you no good if you can't hit your target.." Zane stands up and stretches a little, his breath a little ragged from overusing his powers. "And besides.... I don't fight girls.. Not that they're weak or anything! It's just.... i don't like hurting people... especially females.." He stated, his voice returning to its normal softness. Zane rubs his ears, still hopelessly trying to drown out the whispering, when his head quickly whips around, training his gaze on the unknown girl approaching them. "Who's that..?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/1/2014, 8:59 pm

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 3/2/2014, 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/1/2014, 9:13 pm

"What the heck?!" Zane yells out as the girl almost kicks his head off. The wind from her passing by whips Zane's hood off right before he drops back down into his crouching position. His eyes begin follow the strange girls movements on the weird surfboard she's riding on. What the heck is that thing?? he thinks to himself while watching her. Zane's eyes widen in shock, "Watch Out!" he screams out at her as he points at a thick tree directly in front of the girls path.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/1/2014, 9:17 pm

He lit up. She knew about the very delicate past he had with his mother and it just struck a nerve. He didn't care about the knife or about her arrogance, but he did care about being called back to his mother. He grew angry and let his face turn almost as frightening as the face of an enraged god. He sprinted at her and summoned his heavy black sword by his necklace. He used his strength and tried to cleave her in half using his already high natural strength via a downward swing that could easily break bones since he put a tremendous amount of effort on his swing. His blue eyes had become dark blue and his entire body seemed to exude with rage.

OOC: I mean his whole darker eyes and body shining as an hyperbole not as a power.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/1/2014, 9:40 pm

Victoria had seen the tree and banked to a stop. The board vibrated into a halt. She turned it around with a twist of her legs and looked at the boy in the tree. As always, her mind translated every surrounding thing into equations, and she saw the boy as a shape of functions, chemical formulas, physical equations and thermic reactions.
    She didn't remove her goggles from her intense grey eyes but stared hard at the demigod. On the various layers of her mind, she was reflecting on things at once: astrophysics problems and geodesy questions, philosophical interrogations and mathematical challenges.

"Are you alright?" She asked the boy though she didn't actually care.

OOC: OK guys its 3:40 am at mine I'm gonna go to sleep. See you later!

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 3/2/2014, 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 12:18 pm