A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Reading Too Deep

beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Reading Too Deep Empty Reading Too Deep

Post by beanie 5/5/2014, 7:52 pm

Slim fingers slid across the book titles. Norse God Fables; no, I already read that. Veronica's green orbs scanned the book titles. Most of them were either too boring or she had read them already. She had a lot of free time lately. Finally! her eyes caught a book of her interest. She pried the book from it's hiding spot on the shelf and pulled it out. The heavy book flew out and a dust cloud came out with it. Veronica managed to stifle a sneeze; the librarian was nearby and she creeped the girl out much. Her fingers traced the lettering as she read the title. Ancient Greek Myths. A new one to Ronnie. A small smile graced her face as the auburn headed girl walked over to the nearest table, the book nestled lightly under her arm.

The wooden chair screeched as she pulled it back to sit down. Veronica winced, the noise had attracted the stares of some of the Athena kids that were engrossed in their books and the librarian, who scolded the girl for making much noise. Veronica's once pale face turned a deep red as she mouthed a quick sorry to the readers around her, who just brushed her off and went back to sticking their noses into their books.

Plopping down in her chair, Veronica flipped to the first page of her book, occasionally tugging at the sleeves of her oversized green sweatshirt. Her green eyes scanned the words of the pages, her auburn hair pulled back into a messy ponytail. The pages of her book were dusty from lack of reading, so whenever she turned to a new page, Ronnie had to wipe the dust onto her yellow skinny jeans.

Reading Too Deep Empty Re: Reading Too Deep

Post by Guest 5/5/2014, 8:30 pm

Reading Too Deep 13zd1jd
    Acacia just simply loves books.
    Every genre, every author, every biography, every autobiography, every singly book.
    If you think she was a sterotypical Athena kid, then you haven't met her half siblings.

Acacia was sitting on top of one of the shelves. After several years of being at camp, Acacia had learned how to climb onto the selves, and where the best sitting shelves are.
    The sixteen year old was carrying her favorite book, The Great Gatsby. The book was worn down, and the binding was falling apart, but she shlepped it everywhere with her so it did make sense on how it looks.
    Acacia calls it her good luck book. She was reading it when she met her boyfriend, she had it with her when they kissed, and whenever she had it with her, he magically appears.

However, she didn't notice him enter the library. But she did see a girl, younger than she, reading up above her.

"Hello!" Acacia called from above. She smiled, looking down at the girl. Her light blue eyes stared at the girl, this could've looked creepy in the dark. Really creepy.
    Hopefully she didn't look creepy now.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 5/6/2014, 3:48 am

Reading Too Deep Hayley%20williams%20paramore%20women%20music%20redheads%20celebrity%20tongue%20singers%201920x1200%20wallpaper_www.wallpaperhi.com_34

"Hello!" A voice above Veronica cried out.
    The girl jumped, her chair pushing back. Once again, the librarian hushed her again for "making noise", even though she didn't. But she wasn't going to correct the librarian that she hadn't made any noise. It was someone else but she didn't know who, or where.
    Her green eyes scanned the group of readers, trying to figure out who had spoken to her. There was no one particularly close enough to her to have spoken to her or else she would've seen them get out of their chair and approach the girl. A little frustrated, she swirled one of the stray hairs that was peeking out of her messy ponytail. Then she decided to look up, since the voice had been above her.
    On top of one of the bookshelves sat a brown haired girl. Veronica's eyes popped wide, how had she not noticed that she was siting there before? The girls blue eyes shone down on Veronica, obviously watching her. But what really perked Veronica's interest was the book the brown haired girl had in her hand, The Great Gatsby. It was one of Veronica's favorites!

"Hello!" She whispered back, a small hand wave followed. "I love your book. It's a favorite of mine."

Post by Guest 5/6/2014, 9:25 pm

Reading Too Deep 13zd1jd
    Acacia smiled softly as she jumped down from the shelf she was perched on. Her blue skater skirt puffed up like a cupcake as she landed on the faded green carpet. She stood shakily, rubbing her knees.

"The Great Gatsby, oh it's my absolute favorite. I've probably have read it at least one hundred times."

The daughter of Athena laughed a little, extending her hand,
    "I'm Acacia,"
    Acacia then followed her usual routine looked at the girl, as if she was her book. She hates when she does that, but it's a bad habit. She didn't seem like a child of Athena. Her hair was red. Most children of Athena are brunettes, the ordinary color. They're pretty ordinary, Athena kids.
    They're smart, sometimes they're aesthetically correct, it really depends on genetics.
    Acacia couldn't really tell which god was the girls parent. Some people are just hard to tell you know?
    Like the children of Aphrodite who try really hard not to act like their mother.

ooc; this is pretty short.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 5/7/2014, 8:03 am

Reading Too Deep Hayley%20williams%20paramore%20women%20music%20redheads%20celebrity%20tongue%20singers%201920x1200%20wallpaper_www.wallpaperhi.com_34

The brunette jumped off the bookshelf she was perched on, landing on the ground. Her skirt puffed up and as she stood up again she looked a little shakily. The girl approached Veronica.

"The Great Gatsby, oh it's my absolute favorite. I've probably have read it at least one hundred times."  The girl explained.

"It's pretty good, right?" Veronica asked, her curiosity overcoming her shyness. Normally, she would be stuttering or shying away but for some reason, this girl made Veronica feel a little welcome.

"I'm Ronnie, well my real name is Veronica, daughter of Iris." She introduced.

OOC:Shoooort

Post by Guest 5/8/2014, 8:45 pm

Reading Too Deep 13zd1jd

Acacia spun around, "Oh it's amazing." She smiled, the girl called herself Ronnie.
    "I like that name, Ronnie. It's like the comic book character, Ronnie in uh, I think it was called Archie Comics."
    Acacia had read every single one of those comics when she used to sit in her father's book store after elementary school. But that was like, two years ago. She has a really good memory, but who the hell could recall every page of a comic you inky read once two years ago.
    The daughter of Athena clutched her book in her arms, smiling at the girl, still trying to figure her out. Veronica seemed nice, she was friendly. BUt friendly doesn't normally corraspond with nice. She doesn't really know, she's not quite the social butterfly.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 5/9/2014, 10:18 pm

for: person » word count: ### » notes: here

Veronica gaze turned back to Acacia as the brunette mentioned a book.

"I like that name, Ronnie. It's like the comic book character, Ronnie in uh, I think it was called Archie Comics." She replied, a grin on her face. The red head eyes widened with glee. Comic books always sparked her interest, the pictures and captions always making her laugh. The Archie Comics were always er favorite out of all. Her book closed with thud!, it was suddenly more interesting to talk to Acacia.

"Ooo, I've always loved the Archie Comics, especially Betty. Shes my favorite character." the girl squealed softly, earning a stern look from the librarian.

Post by Guest 6/7/2014, 8:17 pm

Acacia ginned wildly, "Same! Betty was always my favorite. She's so...empowering, you know? She was a good role model growing up. I mean, except the whole love triangle thing. Obsessions over boys is a little weird for me."

Acacia realized she was being a smidge too hypocritical. She carries around a book in hopes that her boyfriend magically comes and finds her. But Miles is a child of the god of sleep, he could like magically wake up when Acacia flips the page in the book.

Acacia climbed back up the book shelf and sat down. She patted the spot next to her, offering Veronica to join her
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 6/8/2014, 2:48 am

"Don't worry yourall of me.

Veronica saw the wild grin that Acacia had. The smile was contagious because she found herself smiling back.

"Same! Betty was always my favorite. She's so...empowering, you know? She was a good role model growing up. I mean, except the whole love triangle thing. Obsessions over boys is a little weird for me." Acacia continued to talk about the book. Veronica couldn't agree more, even though she had a sorta boyfriend.

"You know it's pretty weird how she's so much better for Archie but he doesn't notice it. And it's also weird how Betty is always obsessing over him." Veronica giggled, silently walking over to the seat next to Acacia and plopped herself on the chair.

"So, what brings you to the library?" Ronnie soon asked.

Post by Guest 6/8/2014, 11:49 am

Reading Too Deep 29qcie9Reading Too Deep 20zznz5Reading Too Deep Ego28m

"Oh, well, I kind of just end up here sometimes. I don't even know how I get here sometimes, I'm just...here." Acacia bit the inside of her cheek, realizing how stupid that sounded when it came out of her mouth. But hey, it was the truth. Sometimes the brunette just looks up from her book and finds herself sitting in a huge bean bag. Ugh, she's too weird. But she's not the weirdest child of Athena there is.
    She's obsessed with books alright, but thats about it. Some of her siblings are too extreme with being like their mother. Which is weird, her siblings are weird.

"What about you? Why are you here?"
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 6/8/2014, 6:36 pm

"Don't worry your all of me.

"Oh, well, I kind of just end up here sometimes. I don't even know how I get here sometimes, I'm just...here." Veronica couldn't help but notice the nervousness in Acacia's voice as she bit the inside of her cheek.

"What about you? Why are you here?" Acacia soon retorted the question back at Veronica.

"Well, I actually don't know. I just...well. Uh." She started to ramble. Ronnie bit her lip, why couldn't she find her words. Then again, she always had trouble when it came to talking to others. The red head took a deep breath before continuing. "I just became bored and decided to come here." That actually sounded a little stupid when Veronica started to think about it. Well, too late to take them back now.
    She then noticed how Acacia still had The Great Gatsby in her hand.

"So, what part are you up to?" Ronnie asked, motioning to the book.

Post by Guest 6/12/2014, 9:53 pm

Reading Too Deep 29qcie9Reading Too Deep 20zznz5Reading Too Deep Ego28m
    Acacia nodded slowly and smiled at Veronica. She had this warm feeling in her stomach. A feeling she hasn't felt door a while. It was the feeling of friendship. It sounded weird but that's how she felt. She really hadn't had many friends since her sister died. She went through a phase where she didn't  want to be around people, but she had gotten over that.
    The brunette looked down at her book when Veronica mention it. Acacia smiled,
    "I just started it over. I'm at the part where Nick is at Gatsby's party for the first time. That chapter has my favorite quote," she paused, taking in a big breath, "And I like large parties. They’re so intimate. At small parties there isn’t any privacy."

Last edited by Jo on 6/13/2014, 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 6/13/2014, 9:53 am

"I just started it over. I'm at the part where Nick is at Gatsby's party for the first time. That chapter has my favorite quite." Acacia explained before she took a deep breath. Veronica couldn't help but agree with her, it was a good part, the author described it well and detailed, though it wasn't her favorite part.

"My favorite part is when Tom breaks Myrtle's nose." Veronica explained, swiping some stray strands of hair out've her face. Though she left some in her face to hide her zoned out expression.
    What is this feeling? A warm fuzzy feeling stirred around in Veronica's stomach every time she talked to Acacia, something sh only rarely feels. She made a friend. A smile returned to Veronica's face as she snapped out've her thoughts.

Post by Guest 6/25/2014, 4:30 pm

Reading Too Deep 2d9b3nk

Acacia nodded, "I like that part too." Really any part in The Great Gatsby was Acacia's favorite. She just really liked the book. Not so much the movie, but that's another story.
    The daughter of Athena knew she probably shouldn't have re read the book again. She still had plenty of books she needed to read. Her father just sent her City of Heavenly Fire and she has been dying to read it.

Any who, Acacia played the ends of her light brown hair. Two teenage girls can't talk about books the whole time. I mean, she would love to talk about books, but she needed some real teen experiences, right?
    Think Acacia, think like an Aphrodite.
    "Are you going to prom?" No. She can't, she's like fourteen years old, "Wait, don't answer that."
    Ugh, dammit Acacia, you're hopeless. Okay, now. Other things. Boys, girls like to talk about boys.
    "Do you have a boyfriend?"

ooc-sorry for the wait :((
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 6/25/2014, 5:37 pm

Veronica smiled towards Acacia. "Every part is good in the Great Gatsby but its not my favorite book. I love Divergent." The series was her absolute favorite, Veronica Roth did a very good job. Plus, Four was very cute in her opinion.

"Are you going to prom?" Acacia then asked, earning a strange expression from Ronnie. Prom wasn't much of her thing, there were too many people around her for her liking, plus she was planning to start going when she turned older.

"Well I-" she started but was interrupted when Acacia asked another question, in which Veronica giggled at.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Veronica blushed at that. She sorta had one, Jack from Apollo. They've kissed but Veronica was still timid and unsure that he liked her.

"S-Sorta. His names Jack and hes told me he likes me but I'm not sure if he really likes me, even though I really like him. I'm still a little shy around him though." She explained, tucking some red locks behind her ear.

"W-What about you? Do you have a boyfriend?" Veronica retorted back at the brunette.

Post by Guest 6/25/2014, 9:24 pm

Reading Too Deep 11mc0a9

Acacia smiled, "Aw, that's adorable."  Acacia always loved listening to other couple's stories. There normally all different, and their like a teen romance novel, without the extremely annoying main female character.
    "Well, I mean, not adorable in the way that you don't think he likes you. Which he obviously does. I mean, if you act different around him, he probably likes you if he doesn't think you're weird." Acacia let out a small laugh, man she should write an advice column.
    When Veronica mentioned if she had a boyfriend, Acacia's cheeks grew red, and she couldn't help but to smile.
    "His name is Miles, and he's a dork. We've been taking for almost a year now. Actually, next week is out anniversary." Acacia was grinning like an idiot. Just talking about Miles made her happy. She really liked him, but she hasn't seen him in a while. But who could blame him, his dad is the god of sleep, he's probably sleeping. The first time she visited his bunk she fell asleep for a week; that place is really comfy.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 6/26/2014, 2:25 am

Acacia squealed when Veronica was finished talking. "Aw, that's adorable." Veronica couldn't help but blush a little. The people who she had told about Jack usually say their adorable but she still isn't used to the fact that she has a sorta boyfriend. She barely has a best guy friend.

"Well, I mean, not adorable in the way that you don't think he likes you. Which he obviously does. I mean, if you act different around him, he probably likes you if he doesn't think you're weird." Woah, those were some helpful advice. But then again, Acacia was a daughter of Athena so of course she gave out good advice.

"I think I'll use your advice the next time I see him. Thanks." She said with a smile.
    At the mention of Acacia's boyfriend, Ronnie's mind started working. Miles? Miles? Had she heard the name before. The gears in her brain were clanking until it finally came to her.

"Oh, is he in cabin #15? The Hypnos cabin? He sounds familiar." She questioned.

Post by Guest 7/10/2014, 7:50 pm

Reading Too Deep Fnqsuh

Acacia smile grew smaller as she listened to Veronica talk.
    Maybe she should start some kind of advice column, she could be pretty good at it. But then again, that would sound crazy. She barely has enough life experience to handle people's problems. That would be insane.
    Acacia nodded her head, Yeah, do you know him? Acacia always liked to know more about Miles' friends, maybe they were friends. Then they would have a mutual friend, since Acacia is pretty sure Veronica is her friend now. Despite the two year age gap, Acacia would think they're friendly. Like older sister-younger sister type relationship. Acacia's never had a sister before. As far as she knew her father didn't have a girlfriend. And she didn't really talk to any of her half siblings. So this was new.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 7/10/2014, 8:31 pm

Veronica became sorta've worried when Acacia's smile started to diminish. Did she say something wrong?Well, some girlfriends became a little jealous or crazy at the mention of knowing their boyfriends. But Acacia seemed different and not like that, at least not in her eyes. She was more like the older sister that she'd never have.

"Oh no, I had overheard some of my half-siblings talk about a Hypnos kid named Miles that had passed out in front of them or something." Ronnie answered, tucking a piece of red hair behind her ear with a shrug.
    The conch rang faintly from outside, signaling dinner. Veronica arose from her seat, choosing to wipe her clothes off instead of shelving her book back.

"We should probably start heading to the mess hall." She said with a smile.

Post by Guest 7/10/2014, 8:48 pm

Reading Too Deep W7nclz

Acacia laughed a little, Sounds like him. What a dork.  
    She guessed Acacia liked dorks, the last two boys she dated were dorks. It was always weird to her that she had more than one boyfriend before. Like, is she that social to actually go out with more than one boy.
    Acacia jumped out of her chair when the conch rang. She always hated that conch, it's always scares her. It's like bells at school, and when a grade below or above you has a bell ring for their lunchtime, and it rings You're not expecting it.
    She forgot it was almost diner time. How long have they exactly been in the observatory? Acacia nodded, Sounds like a plan. She smiled, putting her book back into her book bag.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 7/11/2014, 8:02 am

Acacia jumped up when the conch rang as well, though she seemed startled. Veronica could relate, when she first came, she'd always jump when the conch rang out, escpically if she's into the book she's reading.
    The girls pushed through the doors of the library, Veronica leaving the book behind. The librarian could get it. It'd be a long walk though, the Mess Hall was kinda've far.

"So, what do you like to do for fun?" Wow, original question but she had to pass the time somehow.

Post by Guest 8/12/2014, 9:00 pm

Reading Too Deep 25p6ds8

Athena’s daughter swung her incredibly cute tote bag over her shoulder as she walked out with Ronnie. It was this light blue bag with Edgar Allan Poe’s face all over it. She had gotten it from this cute little store in Rehoboth, and the bag was extremely cute. And it matched her skirt, which was even more cute. Acacia Ivy was just a big ball of cute, you go Acacia.  The sixteen year old flipped her brown locks off of her shoulder as she turned her head to Veronica.

“Fun?” Oh sure, Acacia knew how to have fun, but she’s not the queen of fun. More like, the queen’s kin’s sister in law.  Acacia just likes to hang out with her friends. Not her friends in camp, they’re either dead or married. She has friends in So-Ho, thank you very much. During the school year, Acacia goes to some private school in So-Ho, and she’s pretty popular there. It’s nice. But at camp she’s just reminded of her sister dead and her dead sister’s boyfriend still walking around camp. And he’s creepy as hell.

“I work at my dad’s bookshop in So-Ho, I go up there every so often, and I normally visit friends and other people. It’s pretty fun. If your asking for here, I kind of just sit on books shelves and read, but it’s still fun. I get my brother, Rex to bring me food, it’s a pretty good deal.” Acacia laughed, now looking at the many baby trees that lined the path towards the mess hall, “What about you?”
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/13/2014, 8:11 am

Acacia sure was pretty, Veronica had to give her that. There was that cute bag that she had and her hair flip. Veronica, who had freckles covering her face and the reddest hair, was a tad but jealous. But Acacia was nice so she had no reason to be jealous.

"Bookshop? That sounds nice." Veronica commented as the girls passed the cabins.

"What about you?” Acacia asked, causing Veronica to ponder in that. She doesn't get out much, most if the time she's nailed away in the library or her cabin. Getting out isn't that fun.

"Most of the time I'm in my cabin. I have my own personal library there but it's more fun to read in the actual library. On the rare occasion, I go to the arts and crafts to draw." Ronnie said.

Post by Guest 8/13/2014, 10:04 pm

Reading Too Deep Tumblr_mafqmcAImn1qkdght

Acacia's eyes flared open when she learned of Veronica's library. "Your own library? That's amazing!"  The daughter of Athena was jealous, really. She's only heard about people's own personal libraries from the brag circle in the Athena cabin. Acacia only keeps her books back home, she has a few books under her bed in her bunk, but that's about it. And Veronica can draw too? That's absolutely amazing! Acacia has no idea how to draw, and she envies all of those who can. She's like that group of people on tumblr who fangirl about people's drawings, even the simplest ones. "You're amazing!!" Acacia gushed, "Drawing, a-and your own personal library? I'm totally jealous."
    ooc//this is short ew.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/14/2014, 9:26 am

Acacia seemed impressed at Veronica's library, which surprised Ronnie. Most kids would be like, "why have all those books?" but she'd rather read something on paper rather than something on a computer or phone. Her eyes were already getting, she might need glasses soon.

"I can lend you some books if you want." She had tons of them; all the books from Divergent, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and the Narnia books. She had more that weren't a series, but she liked series better.

"You're amazing!!" Acacia started to gush, which Ronnie blushed a deep cherry red at, "Drawing, a-and your own personal library? I'm totally jealous."
    She had no reason to be jealous. Ronnie wasn't that great in her eyes, Acacia seemed better.

"Your more amazing than me. My drawings aren't that good anyway." Ronnie told her just as the mess hall came into view.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 9:07 pm