A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Sword fighting lessons

Brastus
    Brastus

Male
    Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2014-01-31

Sword fighting lessons - Page 2 Empty Re: Sword fighting lessons

Post by Brastus 5/19/2014, 11:47 pm

"Hmm, it's almost perfect, just lower your sword arm's shoulder a bit and bend your knees a tad more and you'll be perfect as the word is." Said Juliana fixing her form by applying a tad of strength to her body so she took the proper stance.

"This is the main offensive stance in fencing, and it is usually a thrusting stance. In fencing, we use our feet to dash forward or backwards, but never to the sides. THus you must have quick feet, but also a strong posture and a perfect base. Right now you have a good base and posture, but I want to see just how you can move your feet either forward or backwards." Educated Juliana as she maintained her hands grasped behind her, while examining her almost pupil and dismissing her sword in a fury of small lights that flickered away.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 5/20/2014, 1:53 am

Ooc: I feel like I'm gonna leave this topic, you two seem pretty advanced in it and there's no room for me to post.

Post by Guest 5/20/2014, 6:54 am

OOC: sorry :(
    BIC: Petra did as Juliana said once more. "Is this better?" She asked patiently.
    "Okay. I'll try not to ridicule myself." She said, grinning. She slid her shield on her back, held her arms in the correct pose, and thruster her sword straight through the dummy in front of her. She pulled her sword out. "That good?"
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 5/26/2014, 12:59 am

"Perfect! You really nailed that one Petra. Now, let's try to increase the power behind your thrusts. How do you do this, well it is a good question, but it is better if I show you." Said Juliana as she summoned her rapier and held it in her hands. She moved the thin, elegant sword around and took son offensive pose. Her posture and seriousness was just as equal to her grace, and with a single leap forward ( move in fencing) she smashed the celestial bronze tip of her sword into a stone and pulverized it to tiny pebbles.

'You must focus your willpower into the edge of the blade and then increase the sharpness of it by adding a thin layer of your power into it. Be careful though, too much power and the thrust is blasted away like a wave of energy, and too little will certainly do nothing but make the sword shine a color. Oh and if you put more than your sword can handle, your sword will be reduced to well…shrapnel." Said Juliana with a careful air around herself. She looked at her sword and smiled because this had been the twenty-seventh sword she owned and the one that she had learnt to fight best with.

Post by Guest 5/26/2014, 1:05 am

"I'll try and remember all of that." Petra said and did what she said as best as possible. She turned to a manakin, not quite ready to thrust her sword into a large boulder quite yet, and thruster as hard as she could straight into the dummy's stomach.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 5/26/2014, 1:15 am

"Oh girl, please focus your magic at the tip. With a bit of push you could break entire boulders and shields with a single flags of your sword. Now concentrate and do so again. And I shall not leave until you smash a boulder entirely like I did so. Even if it took me years to do so." Said Juliana as she propped down on a stone and observed Petra from her new seat.

Post by Guest 5/26/2014, 1:18 am

"I don't have any magic....." She said but trailed off and turned toward a small boulder. She propped up her position and checked it several times before thrusting towards the boulder and turning it into pebbles under her feet.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 6/4/2014, 9:30 pm

"Good, good. You've improved greatly. That's so amazing. However…let's see if you are skilled enough for something more challenging. Say…little old me maybe." Said Juliana as she summoned her sword in a blast of shining light that danced around in her fingertips and hardened to form her elegant and sophisticated rapier.

Post by Guest 6/4/2014, 10:34 pm

Petra was stunned. Going against a sword fighting master after having 20 minutes of training? Dang. Well, no going back now. "Sure," she said. "Can I use my hidden blades with my sword and shield?" She asked hopefully.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 1:46 pm