A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours Empty No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours

Post by Guest 6/29/2014, 9:16 pm

wow look marina's dress. get it. cause esmeralda. yay:
    Generically speaking, there are three types of couples many people are familiar with. They are: the couple who never embrace,  the couple who can’t keep their hands off of each other, and that couple you are unsure of how they got together.
    Weirdly enough, all three of these generic couples wound up together on the same group date. It was all Marina Wildabee’s idea, if you want to blame anyone. She knew 1/2 of the other couples, plus it was Marina’s first dance, and she was feeling antsy. So, if the night ends poorly, blame the daughter of Iris.

Do you want to play the game of which pair belonged to the generic couple? There are three couples in the group date, obviously. To make things easier, you may address them by their ship names: Stargazers, Malerina, and Adaina (you may thank Eva Boches-Hyatt for that. I didn’t feel like asking.) All three couples are insanely adorable and deserve all the cuteness awards.
    Earlier I asked if you wanted to play the game, but I take it back. I’ll just tell you. Stargazers can’t keep to themselves, and ten bucks says they will be making out in a corner the whole time. Malerina is the couple that has not embraced in one million years, even though they’ve passed the ‘I love you’ stage. And Adaina is the couple who you wouldn’t think you be a couple. I mean, look at them! A blind girl and an extremely hairy person, who I just cut his hair and it’s already growing again.

Oh, who am I, you might be asking, 276 words later? I am the great Evanna Boches-Hyatt. No, I am not at the prom, prom is stupid. Plus I am pretty sure I am not in the age range but whatever I’m currently in my bunk, watching Orange is the New Black. Ugh gods I hate Vee.
    Any whos, I’m narrarating every few posts just to let you know other things about the six demigods on the group date. Because I know more about them than they do themselves. I’m a child of a cherub, love is my thing. I know all of these kids, a few better than others, but I know enough dirt to keep things going while they slow dance or kiss or something stupid.

Enjoy your prom, losers, I’ll be paying close attention♡♡

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours I4n13kNo Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours Zu1vs
    For the first time in a week Wyatt Ortiz was not nervous at all. He had everything planned out: Go to prom, dance with Leah, eat, dance, sleep. But...not sleep a prom, that’s pretty weird.  
    The whole thing was pretty weird, actually. Wyatt assumed he was just going with Leah alone. But then Marina Wildabee forced him to bring Leah to the dance with her date and some other people. Wyatt wasn’t really sure how he was going to like that. Marina’s cool and all, but he doesn’t really hang out with the type of people Marina hangs out with. He’s heard some really weird things about her boyfriend. But Marina has things over him. Plus she took his futbol, not cool.
    Wyatt walked into the mess hall with Leah. It looked totally different than the smelly cafeteria he ate lunch in yesterday. It made him feel uncomfortable, so uncomfortable.

Oh no, oh no, oh no no no.
    Marina was having second thoughts about going to prom. Serious second thoughts. Sure, she got some people to come as a big group to ease her nerves, but still. She has to dance with Malecai. One on one, all by themselves. It was terrifying.
    On the bright side of things she knew  4/5 people she was going with. Marina obviously knew Alaina; they’re sisters, well half sisters. But it was nice. She guessed they were pretty close and all, so that was good.
    She blackmailed Wyatt to come. But Marina was a tiny bit afraid of who he would bring. All she knew was that it was a daughter of  Aphrodite. She could be a popular girl who is really rude. But hey, every place needs a little drama, right?
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder
    This user coded the site!

Female
    Number of posts : 1828
    Registration date : 2012-09-10

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours Empty Re: No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours

Post by sienna 6/29/2014, 10:21 pm

Dresses:
    No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours R8ZQI46 No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours INTw60k
    Leah Howard walked into the mess hall which, thankfully, did not look like a mess hall anymore. The whole place looked like a miniature disney land, with a bunch of different fairy tale settings and decor mashed together. Leah wasn’t dressed like a princess. She had planned to at first, but then things got in the way. Like Wyatt and photography and stuff like that. She actually got the dress the day before. Leah was an excellent example of procrastination. So, if anyone asked, she was snow white, because only snow white wore a red dress. Sort of. As Leah observed the crowd of people dancing like there was no tomorrow, she was secretly trying to find a film that related to this situation. Contrary to what most people thought, she could not spew a reference to a movie on the drop of a hat. Finally, she settled on the movie Enchanted. Normal world mixed with fairy tale characters. It sounded like a great idea for a television show.
    “So,” Leah prompted to Wyatt, “Who exactly are we meeting?”

Near the other entrance of the mess hall, someone different arrived. Clad in a long dress with an uncomfortably low neckline, Aliana Parks tried her best to not freak out. She was not good with crowds, not at all. Every second she felt like someone was going to go crashing into her, and vice versa. Sure, she had her cane, but a cane did not protect her from teenagers dancing around on a sugar high. Well, it could. On the bright side, she could hear the people walking around her, so if people were walking slow enough, she could step out of the way, and into another person. If there was one thing she wasn’t worried about, was that Adan was there. She was really excited to finally be able to go on a date with him. If you counted a prom as a date. Well, she did.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 14200
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours Empty Re: No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours

Post by daddeme 6/29/2014, 11:19 pm

My Boys:
    No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours Tumblr_lq77f9su8t1qe0kcno2_250No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours Ec-nicholas-hoult-12-5
    You see, Adan didn't do dances. He'd never been to one. He'd never heard of one. Adan didn't even attend school past the second or third grade (completely not his fault, really). It had no idea how these things worked, especially this "Once Upon a Time" bull, but he had managed to scrape together a pretty decent outfit. He'd heard the tale multiple times from his sister. It was just about the only fairy-tale he had heard of because Aubrey always said that those other stories were full of meet-and-marry, spoiled brats, and bestiality. The thing about this one was that he was broke and smelly but still ended up with the hot chick regardless. Boom. Aladdin he was though perhaps for his good luck. It took eons for him to find a pair of white jeans that weren't skinny and over her work budget, along with a red belt. He stole borrowed a purple vest thing from one of the cabins with fashion gurus, and cleaned up his only pair of tan non-work boots. Oh, and he did have a red beanie on (idea from a Khione kid) instead of that little red hat whatsit on top of his head. The worst part? His chest was bare except for the vest, so he felt even more awkward than usual since his torso ink was visible and objectified by a few "princesses and fairies". At least his face was ugly (as said multiple times by his Fairy Godginger/GingieGeenie). He was going to kill Marina - BUT at least he was at the prom with her beautiful and sweet sister. Yep, Aliana was worth it. Looking at her from across the room, he felt his heart claw its way to his throat. She was gorgeous right now, and Adan looked like a punk ex-member of one Direction. With a bunch of mutter "excuse me's" and "sorry's", he finally tripped his way off of the dance floor and stumbled towards her, almost tackling her if he didn't catch himself. Thank you, Nemesis, for balance. Anywho. "H-Hey, Aliana." He said once he had himself together. Adan stood to her left, hands in his pockets. "You look nice. Like the pretty type of nice."

Then there was the boyfriend of the group date planner. They weren't exactly old enough for prom due to malecai's birthday, but he was technically half-way through being a senior since he had long since finished his 11th and the beginning of his 12th grade years. Malecai had no worries at all about prom because a) he was a male, more debonair version of Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty and b) tuxedos were his thing. Not to count his hidden ballroom dancing talent on top of that. As far as dancing alone with Marina went, Malecai was hoping to amaze her, or at least sweep her off her feet. Literally or figuratively, well, we'd have to see. Adan wasn't the only one that tidied up his hair either; Malecai's somewhat shaggy black hair was cut low and crisp to emphasize the (much smaller than Maleficent's) horns the jutting from the middle/back of his head. He looked almost like how he did during his trip to China, but that was another story. He tightened up his dark plum necktie and took hold of Marina's hand, interlacing their fingers. His pale blue eyes looked into hers and he gave her hand a gentle squeeze of reassurance. She looked absolutely ravishing tonight. This idea was going to run smoothly and perfectly. His eyes seemed to communicate that all. Because underneath his dark facade, Malecai was still the Italian dork she fell in love with. "I want this night to just be about you and me. You have nothing to worry about. Okay?" He said quietly for only her to hear. A smile played on his lips. "And you look enchanting, by the way."

ooc: Okay, this was the struggle. Use your imagination for Adan's vest because the search broke me.

Post by Guest 6/30/2014, 12:14 am

Which guy will screw up first? My money's on Adan. He's very much a wuss. Literally just a few days ago he was complaining about this dance. Total wuss.
    I'm not pretty sure about the girls though, I mean like Marina might chicken out, you should've seen her at movie night when they played War Horse, any who, she can keep her cool though. She lives with Gabriel.
    Maybe it's Wyatt. I mean dude, he thinks he sooo cool because he doesn't listen to pop music and can name three songs by The 1975. He's soOOooo fake. I mean, you can't like sweaty sports and 'indie' music.
    I've only heard a few things about Aliana...so sorry. I mean it is very hard to get information from a guy who just blanks when you say her name. She looks nice. Can she use the stick as bat. Or like a staff.
    I want one.

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours 1zmhttdNo Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours 1zqwku0

Wyatt looked at Leah, "Honestly, I have no idea. I just know the one girl over there." Wyatt looked around, finding the group of people forming in front of them. So many people, so many weird people. Wyatt knew no one personally. He might've seen a few of these people around camp. What did he get himself into.
    "Sorry," he whispered, "if you want to go somewhere else, it's fine."
    Wyatt reached for her hand, guiding her over to the group.
    "Do I get my Brazuca now or later?" He asked.

Marina smiled, "Thank you." Marina looked up from her lovey gaze to find Wyatt approaching them with his date, not even saying hi.
    Marina rolled her eyes. Honestly she wasn't sure why she told Wyatt to come. She knew he had a date, and so Marina thought it would be good to uh mingle. But now looking at it, this might've seemed weird. All these people seemed really mismatched to be a group. Whoops.
    "Malecai, this is Wyatt Ortiz. Wyatt this is my boyfriend Malecai."
    Ha, boyfriend, it never gets old.
    "And no Brazuca till like tomorrow, it's in my cabin." Marina squeezed Malecai's hand. Did she bribe everyone who came here, despite the dates. I mean, Marina used some pretty colorful words to get Adan on board. SHe basically ambushed him when he was walking.
    He was very nice to her at Raiden's wedding. And as she was having a panic attack because her best friend looked adult-y. It was rough.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/30/2014, 1:09 am

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours Kr1pBMgNo Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours UR5wQbE
    “No, let’s stay. I like people.” Leah smiled as they approached the group of people that were unfamiliar to her. It felt kind of awkward, because someone forgot to introduce her. She wasn’t mad, but she would like to know who everyone was. So, if Wyatt wasn’t going to do it, she was. “Hi, I’m Leah Howard.” She said to the girl that apparently had Wyatt’s football. She was really hoping she didn’t have to explain how the two of them met. She could tell the truth, they narrowly escaped death and then snogged in the middle of the woods, but some people might take that the wrong way. Okay, everyone would.

Aliana smiled once she heard Adan’s voice, “Thank you. That was what I was going for.” Aliana smoothed her dress anxiously. So many things could go wrong. She could knock into the punch table. Or someone dressed as the evil queen could come by and threaten to curse everyone. It wouldn’t be so bad unless the kid was a child of hecate. “We should probably go find Marina.” Aliana offered, motioning for Adan to start walking because she had no clue where to go. Aliana usually relied on hearing, familiarity, or Kitty to get somewhere, none of which were present. Some dubstep had started playing so she could barely hear Adan.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/30/2014, 2:08 am

He couldn't help it. Adan's smile was on his face the minute Aliana began talking. Okay, so maybe he could control his crappy self esteem issues long enough to follow the instructions given to him. Not before, not after. If he replayed it enough in his mind, he wouldn't freak. When she had mentioned finding Marina, a series of short memories flashed by in his head. He looked around for the brunette and, when he saw her standing next to the guy of whom he owed his freedom, held onto Aliana's hand to guide her towards the mingling group. When he had first met Marina, it was at his best friend's wedding about a year or two ago. Adan was the Best Man and, strangely enough, marina was something called a "Best Maid". Only Raiden would come up with a title like that. He remembered how she was basically having cardiac arrest over the thought of Raiden actually growing a pair and taking an arrow to the knee, and how he had comforted her with his awkward yet charming banter. Let's not forgot how she voluntold him that he was going on this whole "group date" thing in the first place. Geesh, he thought the Iris' kids all had a cleaner vocabulary than he had. He wondered briefly if Aliana had a potty mouth, too. Chuckling at the thought, he paused in front of the group with Aliana's hand still in his. "...ah Howard." He heard when he approached them just barely over the heavy Dubstep. Gods, this music was too mainstream. What ever happened to the Beatles? "Did we miss introductions?!" Adan practically yelled over the bass. I say practically yelled, because Adan could probably silence this room with his voice if he wanted to.

Malecai's soft smile pulled through and he tore his glance from her to look at the rest of the prom-goers. Some of these people captured cosplay perfectly, and Malecai's inner (and outer) geek mentally noted how cool it would be to base an RPG off of this prom. Dammit! he should have brought his video camera to record some of tonight. All well. Marina was here, there were snacks for vegans in the corner, and the music playing reminded Malecai of what sound a tumor would make...which interested him in some weird and slightly creepy reason. The son of Athena snapped back to reality when he heard his name. Marina had introduced him to some guy with blondish hair that went by the name "Wyatt". Marina squeezed his hand after she said something about a Brazuka, and Malecai's eyes shot wide. Please tell me that she wants me to introduce myself and not explain what a Brazuka is. What the heck was that anyway? He went with the latter, but before he could say something the girl - Wyatt's date - had spoken. She introduced herself as Leah Howard just as Malecai's favorite person waltzed over here with his date. Adan. His name put a bitter taste in his mouth; probably because the last time they'd been in the same place together the dude had made Malecai literally eat dirt on the run awa - "Did we miss introductions?" Adan had asked the group rather loudly. Their eyes never met. "Kind of. My name's Malecai Valasco." Malecai had first replied to Adan without even a glance, then said the introduction part to the girl with the cane, Wyatt, and Leah with a polite nod. Though subtle, his accent managed to peak through.

Post by Guest 6/30/2014, 12:31 pm

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours 5xml2bNo Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours 11tu7ps

Dammit Wyatt.
    Dammit Wyatt
    He knew he messed up, but who could blame him? Wyatt was pretty forgetful.
    The last pair came over shortly, and Wyatt had to take a step back. This whole thing looked pretty weird.Every couple looked extremely different, and from the outside, everyone looks extremely weird.
    I mean, Wyatt assumed he was one of the people who are thought to be...popular. And the people who was around him, look....well, freaky.
    Wyatt realized he was still holding Leah's hand. He wasn't sure if that was okay,  everyone else was holding hands. Should they continue holding hands?
    Shut up Wyatt! Gods.
    "Hi."
    Marina waved at Adan and Aliana as the came over. Turning to the girl addressed as Leah, she said,
    "Hi. I'm Marina, thanks for coming."
    She felt obliged to say that. Wyatt and Leah could've easily went to prom just by themselves, but they came with them. And looking at Wyatt's body language, he probably felt extremely uncomfortable.
    What if everyone felt uncomfortable?
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/30/2014, 1:08 pm

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours PAmI60pNo Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours 26WBdCj
    Leah glanced over at Wyatt, who looked nervous. She had learned that Wyatt almost never is nervous. Leah squeezed his hand and mouthed, You okay? Leah was fine with hanging around the group, but if Wyatt didn’t they could probably leave. It’s not like she was going to force him to be sociable. After the rest of the group arrived, Leah looked around for an indication of what they should do. Surely they weren’t going to be standing around for the whole night. How do prom group dates work? Prom was a new concept to her. Mainly because back in the UK, prom wasn’t really held. Maybe they could wait for the dubstep to finish before they start dancing, she wasn’t sure how to dance to dubstep.

“Hey Marina.” Aliana greeted, trying to speak above the music that was playing. Aliana felt like celebrating, she had been there for five minutes and hadn’t run into anything. Now she just had to survive the rest of the night. It was no surprise that Aliana was introverted, before she met Adan, she spent most of her days holed up in the music room. Practicing violin and avoiding social obligations. She was really good at both. But it also was fun to be around people for a bit, acting normal. Well, as normal as a demigod can get. “So.” Aliana prompted, “Are we gonna dance or...”
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/30/2014, 3:20 pm

"I'm Adan and this is Aliana!" He said loudly, though he was pretty sure no one was listening anymore. This "group" looked like a behind-the-scenes cameo for some sci-fi show on ABC...maybe they should have dressed similar. Leah and Wyatt were the only one that looked relatively like normal prom people. Hell, even Marina's dress (wherever the idea came from - again, his sister didn't like telling him many stories) looked like it went with the theme, but was normal at the same time. Ugh. Adan felt very annoyed with himself, and his face clearly showed it. When Aliana mentioned dancing, his annoyed expression faded and his narrow eyes grew to the size of saucers. He couldn't dance. Like, not at all. He could barely stand there and sway. But he would disappoint her, most likely, with was extremely unacceptable. "Uh, yeah. Let's go. You guys coming?" Because Aliana couldn't see him, Adan began to silently plead to the others with frightened looks.

Malecai couldn't just stand here in the midst of uncomfortable conversation. His anxiousness only grew when he realized that his hand was still interlaced with Marina's - Had they ever held hands this long before? He looked to Wyatt and saw that his expression was mirrored on his face as well. What were they going to do? Dancing would make the awkwardness at least a little bit less heavy, right? Maybe Aliana's suggestion was just the one they needed. Then he saw Adan's begging expression on top of that and felt a smile threaten to break his unwavering features. Should he let him make a fool of himself? All alone out there with his two left feet? As much as he wanted to, Malecai couldn't be that mean towards him. "That's actually a great idea. Do you want to. Marina?"

Post by Guest 6/30/2014, 4:11 pm

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours V2z9g5No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours 2zhgwah

Wyatt gave Leah a small smile and nodded his head. When dancing was suggested, Wyatt felt a little bit better. Dancing is just with two people alone. It'll just be him and Leah.
    Wyatt guided Leah to a corner of the dance floor. They were closer to the Tangled part of the mess hall, directly under the tower.
    Placing his hands on Leah's hips, Wyatt was finding himself calming down.
    "You look great, by the way." The son of Hermes smiled. The music in the mess hall was still not a slow song, but Wyatt will take any chance he could get to be close to Leah.

Marina smiled. Looking at Malecai, she said, "Yeah, let's dance." Marina dropped her hand and began playing with the red tool on her dress. Marina was okay at dancing, but the slow dancing made her nervous. Any slow bothered her really.

ooc-marinas pov is short whoops
    bic-
    Do I get my ten bucks now? I mean, you're not going to see Wyatt or Leah for a while. They're like, slow dancing to a semi fast song. I hear kissy noises, do you?
    I should've gave Adan  dancing lessons, this is a disaster.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/30/2014, 7:33 pm

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours Tv8GeoLNo Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours UR5wQbE
    Leah grinned as Wyatt pulled her away. Once they were far away from the others, and surrounded by people she didn’t know, Leah put her hands on Wyatt’s shoulders. Wyatt had seemed to decide that they were going to ignore the song playing and dance slowly. It reminded her of when they were at the observatory, the night that they met, and Wyatt decided to dance with her. That was about a week ago. The two of them had only known each other for a week, and they were dating. The other two couples probably had known each other ten times longer. She wondered what the others thought of her, and what Wyatt had told them. She desperately hoped that they didn’t think of her as some girl who hooks up with any boy that comes near her. The aphrodite stereotype got old real quickly. Most of her siblings weren’t like that, and neither was she. Sure, she and Wyatt got together after three hours of knowing each other... Gods. Even in her head it sounded like she was some kind of temptress, for lack of better words.
    Leah, you’re here to have fun. Not freak out about what other people think. She told herself.
    "You look great, by the way." Wyatt’s voice interrupted her worrying.
    “Thanks, you too.” Leah smiled, “I have to say though, you have an interesting bunch of friends.”

Farther away from Leah and Wyatt, Aliana was dancing with Adan. Surprisingly, she hadn’t stepped on his toes yet. She did feel a little awkward, mainly because she had no clue what was going on around her. When she was younger, she used to dance with her dad in the living room. It was usually to the beatles “Eleanor Rigby”. And it was just the two of them. All of the bad things seemed to melt away. It was similar with Adan. Her worries about messing up or bumping into things were gone. “So how are things going with you.” Great conversation starter. But it’s not like they talked about their day to day life together. It was mainly music and joking about their family. Not to mention awkwardness. Awkwardness was there too.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/30/2014, 9:42 pm

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours Tumblr_n0ducw5Nz61tpd7ilo6_250 No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours Tumblr_inline_mifzhqiKCj1r5h74y
    By the time Adan and Aliana had separated away from that confusing glob and found a nice little space on the dance floor, the song had changed to something less intense but with the same speed. Adan should have been relieved that the dubstep was off so that he didn't have to conjure up some elaborate dance number with his nonrhythmic self. However, this was talking music. And we all know how Adan does at talking. He didn't know where to place his  hands for one thing. Was it the shoulders? Or was that for the girls? It was probably the shou - wait, Aliana's hands should be there since he was taller, right? Well, he eventually had it all running smoothly by place Aliana's hands on his shoulder and his at her waist. Too high or too low? His shoulders began to relax as they continued to kind of sway, kind of awkward shuffle. What is she thinking? Am I doing something wrong? Adan's eyes trained on her face, his feet very carefully not crushing hers. I'm going to mess up. I'm go to - Aliana had spoken up, asking him how things were going with him. How are things. Times like these he understood why he liked her so much. Her voice stopped all of his mental babble and he found himself responding in a surprisingly calm voice. "Things are...Grand. I'm here with you, I don't look too much like a moron, and have managed to dance with you for a full three minutes without damaging your feet. Yep, things are grand. What about you, Princess?" Was that too cheesy? I mean, she is a princess and all. Crap.

Malerina was somewhere near the edge of the floor, also slightly swaying/gliding to the music. Malecai could now feel his repressed nervousness beginning to creep up on him. This song wasn't slow. You couldn't ballroom dance to this song. What could Malecai do to this...this...Gah. He stood a good distance away from his girlfriend, not too far and not too close, but he wished that he could actually hold her instead of just her hands. Malecai was scared. What if she didn't want to slow dance with him at all tonight? They barely hugged each other on a regular basis. What made Malecai think that they could dance together? He knew that she was worried about something like this. He saw it when he looked into her face now. Maybe he shouldn't have requested dancing. He should've brought some books. They could have read in a corner, maybe even sit close to each other. This dance was beginning to get to him. He couldn't possibly ask to move closer - that would be weird, right? Don't be creepy, don't be creepy, don't be creepy. "Marina," He began, easing her into a short spin and continuing dancing. "This is going to either sound very stupid or very weird but..." His voice faltered, and his he was silent for a moment. Malecai should've got his wording together before this. "About the, um, hugging and stuff. How do you...what are your thoughts on that?" There. A question formed in a pretty formal manner. This he could deal with.

Ooc: I had to use that "R" gif at some point.

Post by Guest 6/30/2014, 10:27 pm

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours 2928vwzNo Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours 24m6c7k

Wyatt smirked,"Oh, that," how would Wyatt say what he wanted to say without coming off as a jerk. He didn't want to be rude about these kids, they looked okay. But is it rude to say that they're not his people?
    That sounded bad.
    "I don't know any of them well. It's...new." Wyatt laughed a bit. But he'll be fine when they all go and eat soon. Then he can actually talk and maybe not look at these people strangely.
    Wyatt needed to forget about that for a while. He's with Leah, and he liked being with Leah; around people or not.

"How do you hug?"
    Marina was confused about her boyfriend's questions Her eyebrow was raised and she stopped her aimless swaying.
    Marina realized that Malecai was nervous, which made her feel a little bit better. It was nice that he was feeling almost the same as she did. Which was nice, but someone has to man up, so she could, right?
    "Malecai, put your hands on my waist."

sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 7/1/2014, 12:48 am

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours QrTVFQMNo Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours IlELomS
    “Yet the girl, Marina, she stole your football so you would come?” Leah tilted her head to side. Leah was good at reading people, she relied on it. And she could tell that Wyatt wasn’t too comfortable with them. Plus, not many friends are into blackmail. But she didn’t mention it. The others still intrigued her, she hadn’t been around them long enough to understand who they were. Yet she wanted to get the chance. Then again, she wouldn’t be against ditching them and going back to that trail where she and Wyatt really got to know each other. Was that bad?    

Aliana laughed at the princess comment. “Things are pretty good. I got a letter the other day from my dad and step-mom. I’d show it to you, but it’s sort of in braille. They just celebrated their 6th anniversary, so there’s that.” The letter had arrived a couple days prior, and was filled with her dad’s assurances that everything was fine, followed by a humorous message from Suzy describing how her father tried to build a deck in the backyard. He might be an engineer, but he wasn’t good with a hammer and nails. “Have you heard from your sister lately?”
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 7/1/2014, 4:16 pm

"I'd try to learn Braille for you." Adan shrugged, his voice casual. The embarrassing thing was that he actually meant it. Like how he actually meant that he'd learn piano to play along with her violin. And how he actually learned that helping lost people through the forest made you new friends. Of course saying this out loud would make him feel all soft and sparkly - and no child of Hephaestus should ever feel sparkly. It was socially unacceptable. Aliana had asked if he had had any contact with his sister, and Adan remained quiet for a few beats. He had. Did it go well? No, not really. It ended up making Adan extremely upset. "Yes, I have." He said after about 6 beats of his heart. His voice had an irritated edge to it. "I IMed her yesterday to tell her about prom. She...has a boyfriend. Named Dean." Okay, look. Adan and his sister were close. If this "Dean" guy hurt her, Adan would be in jail. Enough said. He was the younger one, but he would always get mad at his sister for dating. It was gross and unethical.

Malecai tilted his head like a curious puppy. "No, like, I know how to hug. Just...I was wondering how you would feel abou - ." She'd told him to put his hands on her waist. There was about a 76% chance he'd screw this up and end up with even more distance between them. He'd done the math. Okay, okay. Easy. He would just put his hands on her waist. He did as she said and looked back up at her. The movement decreased the spacing between them and Malecai could now see just about how much taller he was than she. It wasn't too much, but the closeness was a stranger to him. The subtle fact that he was 5'10" and he could noticeably for once see the difference had taken him by surprise. "Wow. You're short." The corners of his mouth twitched as he threatened to smile.

Post by Guest 7/1/2014, 9:04 pm

I SWEAR TO ZUES ADAN LIGHTFOOT IF YOU SCREW ANYTHING UP--
    I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me.
    In all honesty though, Adan, dear, if you dare do anything stupid OR give the thing too early, I will come over there in my loser Got Math pajamas I got at that math decathlon, ((which I won by the way thank you))grab you by your over sized elephant ears and drag you away. I will.
    I will.
    And you will not like that because I have those really long nails that may or may not be sharpened. How will your friends and lady friend react as they see me drag you out in shame?
    I'm coming in ten minutes, let me grab my purse.

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours Ruwv90No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours 105oewz
    Wyatt frowned, "She's my math tutor. Last week I was playing with my futbol and she took it. It's the new one too, for the World Cup."
    Wyatt was suposed to be back home this week, to visit his mother and to see the rest of the matches. He guessed he bailed because of prom. He never thought of prom until Wyatt asked Leah. Then he realized he all ready paid for the tickets. But they weren't set to a certain date so he can go anytime he wanted really.
    "Marina's nice, she's just...catty. She's from New Jersey."

Marina grinned wildly. She placed her arms around Malecai's neck, pulling him closer.
    She laughed a little at his last comment, "I'm 5'4, that's average height, stupid."
    Of course Marina knew about average height, she basically charted her height since she was small. Marina didn't want to be short, and she was extremely fine with being average height.
    Sure, her brother makes fun of her height, but that's because he's 6'7 and extremely annoying.
    But whatever,  she likes her height.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 7/2/2014, 12:30 am

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours JNzgP3PNo Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours YMhvvjp
    Leah laughed, “Ah yes, the world cup. My dad’s been rooting for England. Sadly, we probably won’t make it very far. The english may have introduced the world to football, but we have never been the best.” Leah followed football loosely. Although she did know what was going on in Brazil at the moment. Leah knew of Wyatts obsession with football, and she was surprised that he was even here. Surely he’d rather be back home watching the matches live. But, she knew there were restrictions. As much as Leah wanted to, she couldn’t go back to Liverpool every time she felt like it. Planes were expensive. And flying was horrible and long. It must be nice for the native new yorkers to head home whenever they pleased. Leah was stuck at camp until further notice. Leah glanced over to where Marina and her date, Malecai, were dancing. “I had no idea New Jersey-ians were rude. That’s where Jersey Shore is from, right?” Leah had a friend back home who loved those shows. It was all about Snooki and Kim Kardashian. Leah thought both of the women slept in tanning beds.

Aliana heard the twinge of displeasure in Adan’s voice, and tried to change the subject onto something less controversial, “I’m learning a new song.” she stated, “Brahms’ Sonata in D minor.” Music will always be the best distraction. It was her go to subject for awkward, and normal, situations. There was obviously something that bothered Adan, and Aliana wasn’t going to prod. Family was difficult. All kinds of family. Hell, even fairytale characters had family issues. All of them did. Snow White especially. And Aliana had first hand knowledge of that fact. Not the Snow White part, the family issues. And that was not going to be the subject of conversation tonight. Tonight was about being happy and having fun.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 7/2/2014, 1:24 am

Adan's subconscious was muttering something about Dean while in his consciousness he had managed to almost sway to the beat of the song, which he dimly recognized from a kid in his cabin's endless humming while they were building and modifying things. It was something hip-hoppy by that one girl who looked like a cross between the business lady from Rugrats and Miley Cyrus. What was her name... Izzy Avocado or something like that. Regardless of the song, Adan let the tension melt away as he took this time to examine some of Aliana's features closer. He thought about the whatsit that Eva had given him a week ago, and considered now as a right time. Boom. It was almost as if he could hear Eva's psychotic rampage if he even blinked the wrong way and gave her the thing too early. They weren't slow dancing yet, just cautiously avoiding the death of their toes. Now wasn't the time. "Brahm. Refresh me on him again. But is it difficult like the rest of your music?" Adan asked in response to what she had said. Classical music was still new to him, so he was constantly asking for Aliana to keep his memory fresh.

Malecai's smile did win the battle and revealed itself widely. With Marina's arms around his neck and being this close, a quiet laugh even bubbled past his lips. "Average height for a short person maybe." He added before placing a quick peck on her forehead. Do you know how long it was, dear people stalking Malecai's mind from the great above, since he'd been this close to Marina? A week ago in his bunk. That lasted for, like, two seconds and then it was back to reading and information on Francisco Valasco. This closeness was different from that closeness because it was closer. They could be this close for longer than two seconds with the absence of novels and oh-so-very attractive findings of polynumerical decay and sets of dimensionless equations (yes, Malecai got chills from this). Now he could tease her about her height and laugh and smile and all of that other stuff you hear about but rarely experience. No wonder why this prom was themed Once Upon a Time. "You do realize that I am taller than you by about half a foot, right?" Malecai left out the fact that he was in the 75th height percentile for his age, and therefore taller than average, but Marina would still be short in his eyes. Because.

Post by Guest 7/3/2014, 1:05 pm

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours 15hztau

ooc-this whole post will be narrated by Eva, you're welcome.
    bic-
    It's funny watching Wyatt talk like a loser with a girl. Normally he's all suave-y and boom! The girl is putty in his hand. This girl, Leah Howard, makes him a fool.
    You just need to give him the right time and then he's back to normal. Look at him go, Mr. Cool. He's not that cool to be honest. While Wyatt and Leah were dancing he was saying things like,
    "Yeah, England is out since a while ago." or "They're okay, I mean Brazil is better--"
    Ugh, boys. But then Wyatt just stopped talking about soccer, or futbol whatever and just stopped.
    Wyatt kissed Leah. There we go, that is the basis of Stargazers, basically. Kissing and stars. I mean, that sounds pretty good, amiright?
    Marina on the other hand does not do the kissing.
    Now, I know her family, and it's surprising she even has a social life. I mean, besides her total cutie of a half brother, boringness was in her blood. (I mean, have you met Gabe? Cutie.) But I have to admit, Marina's pretty hardcore.I mean, I wouldn't tell my boyfriend how to dance with me, that's pretty cool.
    They weren't really dancing, more of just--swaying hugging as they complain about their height. Marina was going on about, how 5'4 is average and that's okay. And excuse me Malecai, but I am 5'4 and that's a damn good height, thank you very much.
    Let's talk about Gabe.
    No?
    You're loss.
    cuuuutie:
    But seriously they need to start serving food soon because watching them sway around is boring. If I wanted to see people sway, I'd watch the background people in tv shows that do nothing but 'react'.
    I mean at least Stargazers are keeping it interesting. Adan's being stupid. And malerina doesn't touch each other. What would happen if I just came out there and pulled Marina's nose ring right out of her nose.
    Or maybe pushed malerina and adiana into each other.
    That would be fun.

sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 7/3/2014, 7:55 pm

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours LwftdBRNo Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours NXZjCoV
    As per usual, when Wyatt kissed her, Leah kissed him back. Only to stop when she became aware of all the people around her. Sure, she liked kissing Wyatt. but kissing Wyatt in front of other people? No thank you. It felt really weird, and reminded her of all of those couples in middle school making out in the hallway when the teachers weren’t looking. “So...” She felt kind of bad for breaking up the kiss, but she didn’t like the fact that they were in such a public setting. Maybe they could just get out, find a nice bench in a secluded area of camp.

“Brahms wrote Brahms lullaby. You know that one that basically every child has heard. He’s practically a genius. Some people even group him with Bach and Beethoven. He influenced a bunch of other composers. And, yes, the music is very difficult.” Aliana was beaming, as she usually did when classical music came into subject. She could be having the worst day possible and then completely perk up when someone mentioned Tchaikovsky. Her focus shifted to the song that was playing, it was fine, but it wasn’t what she was into. What she would give to be able to go back and time and attend a dance where her favorite music was played live. During a time where hundreds of people appreciated the same things she did. But seriously, she’d rather live in a time where the medicine was less barbaric.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 7/6/2014, 9:33 pm

ooc: I suck. I suck, I suck, I suck. So to make up for my suckishness I shall skip ahead by a little bit (if that's okay).

bic:
    No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours Tumblr_m72lk40ZNY1rqgzymNo Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours Tumblr_ls60lbzNoq1ql5zj9

Adan was dying for a slow song to play as the night waned on, but none made an appearance. All of these recent fast songs from the radio and fairy tales seemed to dominate the DJ's playlist as if romance didn't exist. Cheesus Crust, at this rate Adan would never get to - yes - kiss her and do all of that cornball stuff that Malerina was probably planning now that they finally hugged each other longer than a minute. Here was Adan, isolated in a little folding metal chair by the snacks and (most likely) spiked punch so that he could get a grip on his love troubles. His eyes fell on Leah and Wyatt, basically devouring each other. Adan didn't even want to do all of that (my gods, how are they even alive?!). He just wanted to give her the stupid thing, maybe (PRAISE HEPHAESTUS) kiss a little bit, and walk of into the moonlight and call it a day. Unfortunately the DJ wanted to crap on his parade because Shots by freakin' LMFAO was now blasting Adan's eardrums to bits. He groaned and resorted to covering his face with his hands.

Sitting down, too, Malecai began to ramble to Marina about everything and just about anything. He'd even kissed her about once or twice since they stopped swaying and whatnot. He was very excited about whatever he was explaining - something about quantum physics and lighting in the dance and no one really cares except probably Marina - and he laughed about every few minutes or so because of some nerd joke ONLY THEY would get. He was happy, though. This dance had gone well and had even brought the two closer in his opinion. Maybe it was the look in her eyes or whatever the hell they put in the punch (seriously the stuff tasted marvelous like they put some special type of soda in it like wow) but he just felt absolutely elated. Like...actually switching to recent topics elated.

Post by Guest 7/6/2014, 11:33 pm

Wyatt was flustered. He took a step back and scratched the back of his neck. This has never happened before; with Leah or with any other girl. They don't just stop in the middle of kissing. It's kind of their thing, weird enough.
    "Sorry." He mumbled to the ground. This was humiliating. He noticed the other people moving to a table, and he decided to follow their lead. But he wasn't sure if he should take Leah's hand or not. If she didn't want to kiss him, would she want to even hold his hand?
    This really took a blow to his ever large ego.

It was surprising that Marina and Malecai were doing all this...touching. I mean, they were holding hands at the table. Don't get the daughter of Iris wrong, she didn't mind it But i was weird you know?
    Any who, now that everyone was at one table (except for Wyatt and Leah, but they're probably coming, right?) they could start talking like a group of friends. Even though it's pretty awkward right now.
    "So.." Marina started
    "Life."
    Good Marina, you're good.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 7/8/2014, 4:30 pm

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours JPpNOg2No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours MgfgSPZ
    It was after she saw Wyatt’s face that Leah felt bad. “No no no.” She assured, “It’s not you. It’s just...everyone else” Leah gestured to the people dancing around them. Then she said quietly, “Later. I promise. Cross my heart.” Leah made an x over her heart, and gave Wyatt a little smile. Leah walked with him over to the table where the others were. She felt sort of like an outsider amongst all of them. She could barely remember their names, and she had only spoken to them for a minute.

Aliana lightly drummed the table in a tempo similar to a song she was practicing earlier that day. She was thankful that the dancing was over, and that she didn’t step on anyone’s feet. Especially Adan’s. Now they were sitting at the table. Nothing dangerous can happen at a table. Although after spending numerous thanksgivings with her extended family, that might not be the case. But that didn’t matter. She was surrounded by friends. Well, her sort-of boyfriend, her half sister and then her boyfriend. Close enough. The only problem was that it was awkward. And although Marina’s attempt to break the silence didn’t get her talking; she had to admit that it could be way worse.

ooc: both of these are short.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 7/8/2014, 5:08 pm

Unbelievably, Adan began chuckling to himself. That chuckle soon grew into a quiet laugh, which grew into a regular one. He ignored the weird looks he was receiving from other people he didn't know and tried to control himself enough to tell Wyatt this joke. "It's Wyatt, right? Soccer. Twilight. Listen to this." Of all people here, Adan could tell that Wyatt was probably the person he was less likely to get along with. But, hey, anything to break the awkwardness emitted by Marina's poor attempt. He gave a brief explanation, then switched to his best Kristin Stewart impression before continuing. "I know what you are. You're pale. You're fast and you bite people." He switched to his Edward/Robert Patterson impression (you know, looking back on it most people would wonder how exactly he knew how to do these voices so good). "Say it. Out loud."

Malecai, despite his clouded expression, rolled his eyes and sighed. He had never heard this one, but he was sure it was going to suck like the other 4000. "An albino lion. A Jonas brother. I don't know." He mumbled his guesses, then took another sip of his punch. Adan shushed him and looked excitedly at Wyatt to guess. Whatever. Malecai could barely focus on anything, which was very unlike him, but he didn't even care. He dimly understood Adan's joke and pinched the bridge of his nose. "But he's not even - ."

"Luis Suarez!"

Post by Guest 7/8/2014, 9:49 pm

No Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours 29cm5clNo Means Yes and Get Lost Means Take Me I'm Yours 2wohshj

Wyatt's hands were placed over his head as he heard the joke. Yeah, he's heard it before, but not as weird as Adan retold it. However, he needed to make friends with these people because he's here with them for a couple more hours. And it would look pretty weird if he snuck out the back door. His mouth was open, but no sound came out. He wasn't sure how he felt about his impersonations. He's never seen Twilight and he vaguely knows about it. He was pretty lost.

Marina was pretty lost as well. Her father and her brother watched the World Cup. And she and her half-mother are not interested.
    Marina was mainly focused on Malecai, but not in the way you think. Malecai has been drinking that punch a lot. And Marina and the others weren't. You'd think a son of Athena would understand that you never drink the punch.
    Ever.
    You never drink anything that is not in a bottle or can. That's like the number one rule of going to a party. It was probably Wyatt who spiked it, somehow. Wyatt and the Hermes kids. They're horrible monsters. With their pranks and stuff. But it was nice he showed up. And brought a date, bonus points.
    "Malecai, don't you think you've had enough?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/19/2024, 4:38 am