A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Trip to Miami!

Trip to Miami! Empty Trip to Miami!

Post by Guest 7/18/2014, 2:12 pm

Etso sat quietly in a hard, uncomfortable plastic chair in an airport in New York((I just woke up and am too lazy to look for a name)) as she waited for her flight to arrive. Miami. This was the first time she was going and couldn't wait to get there. It was different at the beach at camp, because you knew almost everyone there, but in unknown places you had to take taxis and find maps and well known people to find your way around. Too bad she had forgotten sunglasses!
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male
    Number of posts : 1245
    Registration date : 2014-05-25

Trip to Miami! Empty Re: Trip to Miami!

Post by Rhyolo 7/18/2014, 9:07 pm

Rhyolo walks torward Etso."Etso!" He was carrying only a bag with five outfits, 10 darchmas, a ticket back to New York , a MP3, and $500. He wore black shorts and Miami heat jersey. He wore black and red basketball shoes. As always he wore his rings that transform.

Post by Guest 7/18/2014, 9:44 pm

Etso heard her name being called. "Hmm? Oh, hey rhyolo." Etso said as rhyolo approached her. "When do you think Lee will be here?" She asked.
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 7/19/2014, 12:52 am

"I don't know. How about we get something to eat?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 7/19/2014, 6:18 am

Lee had woken up a bit late, but had still managed to catch a taxi, to arrive just in time for boarding at the Kennedy airport in New York. The skinny Amerindian girl was wearing an old green tee from her school with white shorts and gladiator sandals, her satchel on her shoulders. Her eyes were protected by a pair of sunglasses she had stolen from an Apollo guy ages ago, and she had put a black cap sideways on her short, messy dark hair.
    It was only once she had passed security (with her super speed, like, she wouldn't actually wait for people to control her) that she spotted Etso and Rhyolo sitting at the gate A 56.

"Yo guys," she mischievously grinned and flopped down on a seat next to Rhyolo just the moment they were standing up for boarding. "Aw man, I just got here." She slowly kicked herself into standing back up and started searching her bag for her plane ticket.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 7/23/2014, 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest 7/19/2014, 8:44 am

"Well it looks like we're boarding but maybe on the plane. Oh , there's lee!" She said as she saw her speed past security. "Hey lee!" She said and picked up her things. Standing in front of rhyolo and lee, she boarded the plane first, and took a bulkhead seat, where there was plenty of leg room and probability said that 97% of crying babies would be too far away to hear!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/19/2014, 1:33 pm

OOC: When Lee 'speeds', she moves at a blur. It's highly unlikely your character can see her unless she got superhuman eyes. It just looks like she kinda appears out of nowhere.

BIC: Lee boarded the plane with Etso and Rhyolo; Etso was quick and managed to get the bulkhead seat, which were normally booked, so all three of them had the best places. Lee stretched her skinny legs and put one headphone into her ear, listening to some old pop/rap music, like remixes of Daft Punk or Bomfunk MC's. She didn't show it much at Camp Half-Blood, but she actually loved dancing. When at school, she'd often climb up on the roof at night and just dance in the cold air, teaching herself hip hop, freestyle and breakdance with the help of the Internet. Once she got the hang of it, she sneaked out with some guys from her school to dance in the streets with other teens, which was really fun. But usually, at dances in general, the music was just basic pop, and she couldn't really move on it.

Her long thin fingers were in constant movement: arranging her cap on her head, tapping the rhythm's music on her knee, opening and closing her satchel, taking stuff from her pockets... she always had a lot of things in her pockets and satchel, mainly things she stole. Looking inside of her bag, she took out a pencil, a snowglobe with the Big House inside it ( they were selling those at Camp's store), a package of crip and crunchy edibles and a plush dinosaur. Hm. She hadn't stolen that much today. Perhaps if she managed to distract Rhyolo's attention just the time to get his wallet, which was invitingly looking out of his pocket....
    Nah, no stealing from pals.

"Were you guys at prom?" Lee asked. "I didn't see either of you."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 7/23/2014, 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total

Post by Guest 7/20/2014, 6:32 pm

OOC: ok, thanks!
    BIC: Etso watched as lee put her earphones in, turned on some music, and eyed rhyolo's wallet suspiciously. Etso looked out the window as they took off, and in no time they were cruising at 10,000 feet. "No, I couldn't find Aron anywhere. Shame." She said
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 7/20/2014, 7:27 pm

Ooc: sorry for late reply had to drive home for a day
    Bic
    Rhyolo says, "I went with Gwen as friends." He started to draw the heat logo on his forarm. He looked around the plane and saw a bunc of crying babies. He thought, this might take a while.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/21/2014, 2:20 am

"Hah, nice," Lee grinned, thinking about Elijah. Well, about him and Edward. Both were kinda cool, really, and fun to prank others with. "Hey guys, I don't know about you, but it's kinda hot, so if we could go to some kinda pool or to the beach once we're there, it'd be awesome."

She didn't know what they had planned, probably hang out at Bayfront Park or at the Kampong, but she just wanted to get her head under the water. Fortunately, she had taken her bikini and a towel.

Post by Guest 7/21/2014, 4:45 am

"That's what I was planning on. The beach." Etso said. "But I also brought about......eh, I'd prefer not to say on this plane, because we'd have thieves (Etso momentarily glanced over at lee) crawling all over us. Let's say I brought enough money for tickets to disnayladn or universal studios on the way back. If we cut or week-long trip in half, we can do Miami from now to Wednesday, we get lunch somewhere along the road, and later that day we reach Orlando and spend the day until Saturday. Then we hop on a plane (who's tickets I can pay for) and go on home. Also. Don't call me rich or stuck up or any version of that. Florida is nice. Very nice. Don't dis the niceness." She said.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/22/2014, 3:48 am

Disneyland? Lee had never been there. On the other hand, her mom spent her money on going all around the world when she was young and now was working as a computer analyst in some shop. Never took her anywhere except New York once a year.

"Plan sounds nice," Lee commented. "Where are we staying at?"

Post by Guest 7/22/2014, 7:18 am

"Well, for Miami rhyolo was supposed to get a hotel room or 3 hotel rooms for us, but I think he got a suite. 2 bedrooms and a room in the middle that has half a kitchen and half a living room. I'll sleep on the couch there. But if you mean which of the parks we're going to, you guys can decide. I've never been to withers and thought both would be a great choice. Just keep in mind that you two have to agree on one." She said, hoping not to sound like someone's mother.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/23/2014, 3:10 am

"A suite? Are you kidding me?" Lee grinned. "I've never been in a suite.... well except during the battle last year, at the Plaza Hotel.... but wow, that's crazy!"

She stretched her long, skinny legs and crossed them. The flight was long, but Lee occupied herself by talking to Rhyolo and Etso while listening to music. When the security belt signs went off, she was already so full of hyperactive energy that she literally jumped up and paced up and down the plane several times. She always had to move somehow, because of her ADHD.
    It seemed to be years before they arrived at Miami. Lee immediately felt the change in the atmosphere as she stepped off the plane, it was hot and humid, as if she had just stepped out of a warm shower.

"We takin' a taxi or a bus?" she asked Etso, seeing she had kinda organized most of the trip.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 7/23/2014, 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest 7/23/2014, 7:54 am

OOC: Morgan? If you wouldn't mind, could you use a brighter shade of red please? That's font's almost too dark to read.
    BIC: "Plaza Hotel?" Etso asked, confused, as lee started tapping her fingers rapidly again. Etso suspected ADHD, but it could be anything and she didn't want to ask aloud. As the three travelers stepped out of the airport, etso noticed how warm it was compared to New York. Lee seemed to notice it too. "Well I'm used to taxis after living in New York and public buses aren't exactly the best place to be. Percy Jackson saw the fates and had to fight the furies on a public bus. You never know." She said. "So taxi it is!" She said and whistled her best cab whistle. It startled most people around them, maybe because New Yorkers were some of the only people who did it. No taxi came, so she had to wave one down. As she stepped inside, she immediately pulled her a bow and arrow. "Who are you and why are you in a taxi?" She asked sternly, pointing at the driver.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/23/2014, 10:29 am

OOC: Sure, sorry. Lee speaks in #cca45f now ^.^

BIC: "Plaza Hotel? You know, the hotel we stayed at at the Manhattan Battle?" Lee asked. "Eh, nevermind. Those memories are better left behind."

Too many of her siblings and friends had died those days. She remembered Luke, too. In the end of course, she had hated him, but before he flipped over to Kronos, he had been a really cool guy. Chill and relax. Not too severe a counselor. Now, Travis and Connor ran the cabin, turning it into a chaotic mess Lee loved.

She stepped into the taxi after Etso and looked at the driver, confused on why Etso was taking her bow and arrows out. In a taxi, there wasn't much space to pull on the bow's string extensively. Hm.

"Um, Etso... what is this about?" Lee asked.

Post by Guest 7/23/2014, 10:53 am

"Can't you see the wings??!" She practically yelled. "It's the Mist! She's a harpy in disguise!" She pointed and waved her bow and arrow around, as if to shake the mist away.
    OOC: thanks and sorry for the short post!
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 7/23/2014, 7:18 pm

Ooc sorry for not posting in a while
    Bic
    Rhyolo transforms his rings into sai. He keeps them behind his back so the wretched beast wouldn't attack him. He stares cautiously at the monster wondering if it will try to kill them.

Last edited by KingR on 7/23/2014, 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest 7/23/2014, 7:20 pm

OOC: rhyolo? They're still in the taxi? And etso wouldn't let a harpy drive her anywhere?
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male

Post by Rhyolo 7/23/2014, 7:22 pm

Ooc sorry I'll edit it

Post by Guest 7/23/2014, 11:06 pm

Ooc: thank you. Please gyro read a bit more carefully next time.
    BIC: etso aimed after not getting an answer from the harpy and released the bowstring. As if in slow motion, it swung through the air and landed in the harpy's eye socket. It disintegrated and etso put the arrow back in her quiver. "Harpies fly in flocks. There'll be more." Etso said and clambered into the driver's seat. She sped down the tollway and narrowly missed angry drivers. "I wish I had got my driver's license!" She thought angrily as a harpy landed on the hood, making etso swerve.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/24/2014, 9:28 am

Etso shot the harpy in the eye at a distance of twenty centimeters and climbed into the driver's seat, racing down the road, wishing aloud she had her driver's license.

"Hey Ets', if you have any problems driving this car, there's a daughter of the god of transports over here," Lee informed her as the movements of the car jerked her from side to side, her knives starting to slip from her fingers. A harpy landed on the car, right in front of Etso, and Lee opened her window, aiming the knife at the demonic poultry before throwing it quickly. It spun through the air like a ninja star and lodged itself in the harpy's neck.

Post by Guest 7/24/2014, 9:54 am

"Good point!" She said, hitting the brakes. A harpy that had been failing them crashed through the window and squawked weakly, disintegrating after being slapped in the face with a celestial bronze arrow, who's owner was a laughing etso. "Start driving!" She said to lee and hopped into the passenger's seat.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/24/2014, 10:41 am

Skinny as a grasshopper, Lee bounced into the driver's seat. At fourteen, she was a bit short, but right now it was no problem; she knew exactly how to drive a car. As a daughter of Hermes, it came to her naturally. The wheel in her hands, one feet on the accelerator, the other one over the clutch, Lee, drove fast along the road, leaving the airport as quickly as possible while Etso was turning the harpies into porcupines with her arrows.

Post by Guest 7/24/2014, 10:58 am

"Find Eden Roc Hotel!" Etso said as she leaned out of the window and grabbed hold of a harpy's legs, pulling it in and strangling it, eventually stabbing it. She pulled a hydra arrow out of her quiver and shot it at he flock, taking down 9 in one shot.

Last edited by The Heart of Gold on 7/25/2014, 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/12/2024, 7:36 pm