A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

You don't dream in cryo (private for Starmyr and myself)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

You don't dream in cryo (private for Starmyr and myself) Empty You don't dream in cryo (private for Starmyr and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 7/28/2014, 5:14 am

OOC: Sorry for the topic title, it's the song I'm listening to right now ^.^

BIC: Maddy was lying comfortably on a sun-heated rock, and if anybody dared to bother her, she swore by the gods, she'd give them the worst hangover of their lives. Dressed in her violet bikini, the straps on the sides garnished with small green beads, she had a hat pushed down over her eyes, her brown curls spilling around her shoulders, tickling her skin. Now all she needed was a mojito.

The daughter of Dionysus was hanging out with the popular clique at the lake, but none of them had yet been in the water. Most of the girls were mainly looking at their reflections in the water and gossiping with the naiads while Maddy slumbered.
    The Minor Water Gods cabin was training at the Arena, but after that they had an hour of pause, so Maddy could go see her new boyfriend, Jeremy, the counselor, and have a private kissing session with him behind the Dionysus cabin. She had to say, he was a real good kisser. Sure, they had both dated a number of other persons already, but she couldn't help but think it might become serious between them. Ewww, serious, she hated that word. She didn't like to take anything seriously, probably why she was so good friends with Raven, the daughter of Briareus. Both of them took life for one big joke, something easy, and the slightest hint at the word work made them flatten their hands on their ears and sing in a loud voice.
    In her head, Maddy was going through her part in the script of the movie she had been casted in, imagining the different intonations and facial expressions she could adopt. She worked a lot in front of her mirror, to get better. Jeremy had once caught her doing faces and had teased her about it for a week.
    Finally, Maddy sat up and reached in her bag to retrieve her bottle of Fanta, taking a big mouthful of the cold, fizzy drink. Damn, that was refreshing, she thought, resting a hand on her flat belly.
    Starmyr
    Starmyr

Female
    Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2014-07-09

You don't dream in cryo (private for Starmyr and myself) Empty Re: You don't dream in cryo (private for Starmyr and myself)

Post by Starmyr 7/28/2014, 2:37 pm

Kelli burst out of the water, flipping her wet cinnamon hair out of her face. Gasping, she flopped on a rock and just lay in the sun awhile, breathing heavily. Her ponytail hung loosely at one side of her blue, spaghetti-strap swimsuit.
    It was a gorgeous day, the sun casting rays over the lake. But still, even with the calm tranquility of the water, Kelli was stressed out of her mind. It was only her third day at Camp Half-Blood, but she still didn't know what to do, how to act, or who to make friends with. She had mapped out the popular clique, the geeks, and everyone in between, but no one seemed to be that much like her: Awkward, quiet, and desperate. Her mother would be disappointed. Having friends to back you up was crucial for fitting in.
    Maybe that was the problem; she took everything too seriously. For her, the world was too big and hard and complicated to have enough time for people or fun. The only reason she was at the lake at all was because Chiron told her to go here to relax. She didn't like relaxing, it got in the way of her responsibilities. She had never been around kids her age before up in Alaska, so she didn't know how to socialize, either. She just didn't understand this 'have fun with friends' business.
    She finally decided to go and talk to someone. She didn't know who, though. The girls in the lake? That boy heading towards the water? The girl sunning herself on the rocks, drinking soda?
    No, she thought. I can't do it. No socialization today. Tomorrow, maybe.
    She sat up from her bed of rocks, looking out at the lake.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

You don't dream in cryo (private for Starmyr and myself) Empty Re: You don't dream in cryo (private for Starmyr and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 7/29/2014, 11:17 am

Droplets of water sprinkled Maddy's tanned skin as a girl flipped her wet hair back, bursting out of the water.

"Whoa, watch it, young grasshopper," she told the girl, who wasn't that young. In fact, she looked just Maddy's age.

The daughter of Dionysus stood up and wiped the water from her skin, though she had to say, it was really refreshing. Perhaps she should go and bathe a bit, then resume chilling out on the rocks? Surely. The young actress stood up and took her oversize sunglasses off, putting them neatly in her back -- Hermes kids around? Check left. Check right. No. Good. -- and walked towards the water. As usual, the first step in the water felt ice cold... then she gradually grew accustomed. Playfully, she splashed a bit of water at the girl she didn't know -- well, she had been claimed what, a day ago? Maybe two? So many people got claimed nowadays.
    Fortunately for her, Maddy had been claimed a the first day. Well, the day after she arrived, considering she had arrived during the night. It had kind of been Dionysus duty to claim her, he couldn't just sit there and ignore her when he was one of the Camp's directors.

"Revenge," Maddy grinned at her, and splashed some more droplets at her.
    Starmyr
    Starmyr

Female

Post by Starmyr 7/29/2014, 5:26 pm

Kelli looked at the girl who had splashed her. She recognized her slightly; she had seen her around, gossiping with the popular clique. What was her name? Macy? Mary? No, Maddy. She was that girl from the... Apollo cabin? Yes, she was pretty sure it was the Apollo cabin. Maybe the Hermes cabin, or the Aphrodite Cabin. Kelli got cabins confused all the time.

Maddy is playing with me, Kelli thought. This is my chance to make friends.

"Hi," Kelli said cautiously. She held out her hand. "I'm Kelli."

She hoped that was the right thing to say, she didn't really know. That's what she would say when greeting anyone back in Alaska, but this was different.  This was a training camp for ADHD middle-school campers with gods for parents. For all she knew, she would have to start the conversation in English and end it in Ancient Greek, she had no idea.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/30/2014, 1:50 pm

Maddy clasped her hand like a guy and bro-fisted her. "I'm Madeline. Call me Maddy though." She smiled at Kelli. "I'm from the Dionysus cabin. And you're....? You've been claimed recently right?"

The young actress eased herself into the water a bit more, letting herself float on her back to watch the vivid blue sky.

OOC: Sorry it's so short ;_; I got stuff to do right now.

Starmyr
    Starmyr

Female

Post by Starmyr 7/30/2014, 6:04 pm

"Uh, yeah. Cabin nine." Kelli watched as Maddy flipped to her back in the water. This girl didn't seem worried at all; in fact, it looked like she had never been worried about anything in her life.
    She thought about what Maddy said. Oh. So she wasn't from the Hermes Cabin? Meh. How was Kelli supposed to know anyway?

OOC: It's fine. I'll just match the speed of your writing.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/31/2014, 2:43 am

"Ooooh, Hephaestus. Nice," Maddy commented, before going back into standing position, walking into the water up to her navel. "So, you been forging stuff already?" she asked, her wet hair sticking to her face, neck and shoulder blades.

Most Hephaestus kids spent their days at the forge, or in their cabin, building stuff, engineering and so on. Maddy had never quite gotten the hand of it (too much work), and the best thing she had ever forged was a crooked dagger. Nah, she preferred running, climbing, swimming, and fighting; she fought with a chopper machete made out of celestial bronze, which she had gotten from the weapon shed ages ago.
    Starmyr
    Starmyr

Female

Post by Starmyr 7/31/2014, 7:26 pm

"Um, yeah. A scythe, a couple swords, simple things such as that," Kelli said. "What do you do in Dionysus Cabin? Make wine?"

She hoped that didn't come out wrong, but it was an honest question. She waded slowly into the water like Maddy, letting the cool water splash on her face.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/1/2014, 6:36 am

"Haha, I wish," Maddy said. "Nope, wine isn't allowed. Some of us can generate alcohol but most of the time we throw parties there or do some acting. It can be pretty fun."

Dionysus being the god of theater, acting was a natural trait for most of his children.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 7:10 pm