A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Keep calm and dream on [private]

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Keep calm and dream on [private] Empty Keep calm and dream on [private]

Post by Morgan Landry 1/6/2017, 8:55 pm

Kylie was sitting in front of her desk in the arts and crafts building. She had already finished the small libation cup they were supposed to make, all painted and lacquered, and was now working on a macramé belt. Weaving it with pearls and golden thread, the demi-deity braided the belt into an sweet floral design. This would be for her newest outfit, a two-piece dress with an extravagant skirt, laden with draped fabrics, golden lace and rich colours. The belt would be a simple accessory holding the two parts together. Smiling without realizing it, Kylie crossed her legs and leaned further over her desk.

OOC: She's not in total drag, just a camp shirt and some skimpy shorts with sandals. She has some bracelets on her wrists though and her eye make-up is Egyptian inspired.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Keep calm and dream on [private] Empty Re: Keep calm and dream on [private]

Post by Green 1/6/2017, 9:15 pm

Keep calm and dream on [private] Tumblr_mb2ujtYlzs1qcozgeo2_250

The Moroccan demigod just wanted to sleep. That's all he wanted. He would be of great use after he got his twelve hours worth of "lights out", but unfortunately, Nasim had camping to do. Knowing that someone would make him wake up, he decided to do it on his own. "Mmf." Nasim grumbled as he slowly lifted his head to check out his surroundings. On his right was one of his siblings softly snoring and on his left was a girl-- or so he thought-- crafting something. Knowing that he wouldn't be able to leave the arts and crafts building without making something, he decided to get some help.

"You look like you know what you're doing," Nasim said tiredly in his thick North African accent. "Do you want to help me make something?" He wiped the little bit of drool that had collected around the corner of his lips.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/6/2017, 10:14 pm

Kylie looked up at the boy and gave a smile. Her belt was only half-finished but that was alright, she had all afternoon to work on it. "Of course, boo, what do you need help with?" she asked, flexing her manicured fingers.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/6/2017, 10:37 pm

"Uh," Nasim thought for a moment. "A dream catcher." He had seen them hanging around in the Morpheus cabin whenever he visited. "It looks cool." The tired demigod yawned. "Or maybe a pillow." The son of Hypnos shifted in his seat and studied the "girl's" face. He knew something was off about it, but he couldn't but his finger on it.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/7/2017, 6:09 am

"Oh, dream catchers are beautiful," Kylie agreed. "How big would you like it? Dear me, I haven't made a dream catcher in quite some time," she added, going to fetch some coil. She wouldn't mind helping him with a pillow either, actually, but she had her dress to finish. Her whole drag house would gag when they'd see it!
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/7/2017, 10:56 am

Nasim shrugged his shoulders. He honestly didn't know how large he wanted the actual dreamcatcher. He thought about it being the size of talisman of some kind or perhaps the size of a small lamp. "Maybe about ten inches in diameter? Eleven? I'm not really good with measurements." He paused and looked over at what "she" was doing before. "Is that a belt?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/8/2017, 8:14 am

"Yes, it's for an outfit I'm making," Kylie giggled. "Category: boho extravaganza!" She got a wire and tied it into a circle before showing Nasim how to knot and thread it into an actual dreamcatcher. Her hands worked fast, tying in celestial patterns such as stars and moons, spraying a tiny bit of golden glitter on it once or twice. "Do you Hypnos kids actually catch dreams with those things?" she asked, quite curious. "Or is it just for the deco?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/8/2017, 11:37 am

"Some might. The Morpheus' kids probably use them to help them weave dreams better." Nasim explained, fixing his camp t-shirt. He watched as the girl worked, smiling a bit at how arts and craft-sy she was. "So, are you a kid of Aphrodite or Eros? You seem to know what you're doing." The Moroccan demigod looked over his shoulder at his fellow siblings and smiled a bit at the little "cuddle session" two of them were having on one of my couches. Nasim turned his attention back to demigod and waited for an answer.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/8/2017, 6:37 pm

"Oh hunty you flatter me but no, my god parent is Hermaphroditus," she said. "Deity of drag queens, gender queerness and being fabulous in general! Which is why today, I'm serving a bit of fish." In the drag world, serving fish meant looking especially feminine: and Kylie was rocking her Egyptian make-up and golden jewels. Even her black wig was styled into luscious, Nile-worthy curls. "Do you like fish, darling?" she added with a small wink.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/9/2017, 11:34 am

Nasim raised his eyebrows. "That explains the confusion." He scratched the side of his face and watched as the demideity continued to fashion out the dream catcher that he was too lazy to make himself. In all honesty, Nasim never met a drag queen before. Most of his life revolved around camp and surviving being a demigod.

"...I don't know what 'fish' means." Nasim definitely wasn't well versed in American slang. Of course he's been in Camp Half-Blood for almost two years now, but the majority of that time was spent sleeping or dozing off.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/9/2017, 12:18 pm

"It means looking girly. People who look girly." The dreamcatcher was almost done. Kylie had fashioned it out of navy and golden thread and tipped the dangling tassels with amber beads for that 'nighttime realness'. "Are you children of sleep gods able to spy on people's dreams and nightmares?" she suddenly wondered as she completed the last finishing touches.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/9/2017, 12:48 pm

"Oh." The more you know, right? "Then no."

Nasim had heard this question being asked nearly countless times before, but it was always fun to answer. "I have, yes. It is fun watching people's dreams, jumping from one to another. Sometimes my other siblings and I go on mini dream adventures." The son of Hypnos explained. "You can learn a lot about a person from how they sleep and what they dream of. Clovis can see the gods. They change shape." Nasim almost came closer, but remembered that his aura wouldn't really allow him to if he wanted him/her to finish his dream catcher.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/9/2017, 2:00 pm

Kylie stifled a yawn. "It must be so cool to have a dream road trip with your cabin mates." She tweaked at the dreamcatcher's beads and smiled up at him. "So, what do you do when you're asleep?" Another yawn came up and she tried to fight it -- she didn't want to look bored by the interesting things this hot guy was telling her about. She actually wanted to know a bit more.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/9/2017, 2:27 pm

The son of Hypnos could see the affect that his aura was having on her/him so he scooted away from her a bit. "Usually, I look at other people's dream. I stay out of the Aphrodite kids' dreams because it's...yeah." And out of any love demigods' as well. They're dreams were sometimes...explicit.

"But, yes. I dream hop and it is fun." Nasim turned to look at his fellow camper. "So, what's your name? I do not know what to refer you as."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/9/2017, 3:24 pm

"I'm Manuelo, but you can call me by my drag name, Kylie B. Dazzled. The B stands for Beyoncé," she joked. The Puerto-Rican then looked at him with interest. "What's your name? I know I've seen you around from time to time."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/9/2017, 3:45 pm

He had a drag name? That was new to the son of Hypnos. "Uh, Nice to meet you Kylie. I am Nasim, but you can call me...Nasim." He blinked a few times before resting the side of his head on his hand and let out a sigh. "Where are you from? You have a unique accent." Nasim complimented tiredly.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/10/2017, 10:16 am

OOC: Yeeesss I've finally managed to find a good FC for Manuelo/Kylie: pic 1, pic 2.

BIC:

"I'm from Puerto-Rico, darling. Absolutely gorgeous place, sadly haven't been back in ages though. I'd love to go surf there again... or just hang out with my dad." She gave a shrug and a smile and handed Nasim his dream catcher. "Here's for you. Do you like it?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/10/2017, 1:19 pm

OOC: He's cute! I love the fc

BIC: Nasim took the dream catcher and smiled. "I like it." He looked over at Kylie, then back at the dream catcher. "Puerto Rico? I think I've heard of that place." He said in thought before shrugging his shoulders and looked the dream catcher over. "I really, really like it." He knew just where to put it too.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/12/2017, 3:22 pm

Kylie gave a cheeky smile, and winked. "All yours, boo. But question though, real quick." She got serious, folding her hands. "Whose dreams do you normally... 'dreamcrash'?"
    She was asking because she was nervous about her own dreams. Normally, they were all fine. The usual: mythological scenes of the past, maybe some ongoing monster raids or something along those lines. Hephaestus clipping his toenails. But sometimes, when she was down, she would get some dreams that didn't look like much on the outside but upset her quite a bit even if she didn't say it. Generally those dreams involved her time in Alabama, her aunt and uncle, the people of her school there, etc.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/12/2017, 5:28 pm

Dreamcrash? That was a new one. "Uh," Nasim had to think about it. "No one in particular. I definitely stay out the dreams of Ares and other war god kid's dreams. Those can get gorgy and brutal." Nasim chewed on his bottom lip. "One time I dreamt of Eros which was..." His face turned a slight red. "It wasn't PG-13 so I can't mention it." The son of Hypnos gave a small laugh. "...Maybe I will appear in your dream tonight. Or now." He suggested as he looked over the dream catcher.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/13/2017, 5:21 am

Kylie winked at that. "I wouldn't mind a little napping session with you like your brothers are having over there. Don't look too much into my dreams though," she chuckled. "You might get dazzled by all the glitter."
    Nasim was cute when he blushed. He had a nice curve to his mouth, and his jawline was... enticing, Kylie decided. Yep, definitely good-looking. She normally wouldn't like people to appear in her dreams but she might make an exception for this son of Hypnos.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/13/2017, 11:32 am

Nasim smirked and looked over at Kylie from his dream catcher that she made for him. Soon he softly started to hum, lulling Kylie so that she would fall asleep. Like most of his siblings, Nasim could sleep on command, but for this he had to make sure Kylie was asleep before doing it himself. "Just relax..."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/13/2017, 12:06 pm

Kylie's eyelids fluttered. She stifled another yawn and shook her head, but Nasim's humming was soft, dreamy and pulled her along slowly into a doze. She tried sitting up but only slid down further into her chair.

"Wow that's some... really good... sleep magic," she said in a dragging voice, cut up by a long yawn.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/13/2017, 3:31 pm

The son of Hypnos grinned a bit and continued to lull. It usually took a couple of minutes for the power to Nasim's eyes trailed over Kylie's sleepy form and grinned wider. He turned his head back to the dream catcher and studied it closer. The detail of the dream catcher made Nasim smile some. He would definitely be putting this somewhere so that it can always be seen.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/13/2017, 6:36 pm

Kylie folded her arms on her desk and put her head there, the curls of the wig falling down her sides. She felt like Lucy when Mr Tumnus played the lullaby. Let's hope Nasim doesn't sell me to the White Witch, her sleepy mind thought. The desk and chair weren't too comfortable but she was too tired to drag her sorry @ss over to the couches.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 7:03 pm