A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

strawberry swing

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

strawberry swing Empty strawberry swing

Post by honey 8/25/2014, 3:51 pm

you said, "you're mistaken if you're thinking i haven't
    been called cold before," as you bit into your strawberry lace

strawberry swing Tumblr_inline_mo4vmc0TjN1qz4rgp
    alice fitzherbert
    alice is feeling pretty pleased with herself at the moment. she's finally managed to get vinyl out into sunlight, out of the lethargic hypnos cabin. not that the cabin doesn't have a certain je ne sais quoi, but it just makes alice feel so sleepy. she's normally very energetic, so it's a strange and unwelcome feeling.

she grins at vinyl, who's sulking. they're on the lone swing in the middle of the strawberry fields, and while alice is enjoying the bright light and lovely scenery, she guesses that all vinyl is enjoying is the thought of leaving. alice had to bribe vinyl into coming with her--alice promised her she would leave vinyl alone for a whole week.

this is the house where i could be unknown, be alone now
    strawberry swing Tumblr_mgaeovDOAh1r3326wo2_250
    rhythm record
    this is rhythm's favourite place. he's lying flat on his back in the tall grass, eyes closed even though it doesn't make a difference. his light jumper lies next to him, along with his sunglasses. he's wearing a soft t-shirt, jeans, and loafers of some sort he thinks? he can't be sure, and really, he doesn't care.

he stays as still as he possibly can, lying eagle-spread on the ground, and just feels. he can hear some sort of bird chirping happily, probably building its nest or something. he feels the light breeze on his skin, in his fluffy hair. the sun is warm on his skin, and maybe he'll burn, but it's worth it. he thinks he heard some people over by the strawberry swing, but hopefully they don't see him. last time that happened, the camper at the swing thought rhythm was dead and flipped out.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

strawberry swing Empty Re: strawberry swing

Post by mabel pines 8/25/2014, 4:17 pm

vinyl glares at the strawberry bushes as she sits on the swinging bench, one leg dangling down while she hugs the other to her chest. she's been itching for a smoke, but with alice hanging around all the time, it's been impossible to catch a break.

"how long do we have to stay out here?" vinyl asks, trying to keep her voice from sounding too tight. not that she cares about being polite, she cares about is not getting punished for being "too rude" or whatever.

the only thing keeping vinyl from being completely cross is the prospect of being alone for a whole week. a week where she can take smoke breaks and, y'know, actually be alone.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 11/6/2014, 4:21 pm

you said, "you're mistaken if you're thinking i haven't
    been called cold before," as you bit into your strawberry lace

strawberry swing Tumblr_inline_mo4vmc0TjN1qz4rgp
    alice fitzherbert
    alice checks her watch--delicate gold around a fine-boned wrist--and says cheerfully, "only twenty-three more minutes, vinyl." the last time she tried calling vinyl 'vi', she almost got her head blown off. it was... refreshing to see that vinyl had at least enough energy to threaten alice as much as she did that day, but of course not appreciated. still, alice didn't feel like reporting vinyl. alice had been called 'ice queen' among many other things, but if there is one thing that alice fitzherbert isn't, it's a snitch. snitches get stitches, after all, and alice is too pretty for stitches. they would stand out terribly with her complexion.

"you know," alice continued slyly, "it would almost seem as if you don't enjoy our little outings! isn't that silly?" she smirks, closing her eyes lazily against the warm sunlight. if she doesn't get vinyl's gratitude out of this trip, at least she'll get a nice tan out of it, right?

this is the house where i could be unknown
    be alone now

strawberry swing Tumblr_mcbx8aOc7G1rzyx4oo6_250
    rhythm record
    "how long do we have to stay out here?"
    rhythm's hearing has somehow improved since his accident, so he catches the husky voice and... there's something strange about it. it's obviously a girl who said it, but rhythm feels like he's heard that voice before, which is weird, because rhythm has only spoken to a grand total of three people since he's arrived. which, granted, isn't that long ago at all, but the point still stands.

"only twenty-three more minutes, vinyl,"
    and rhythm's heart is in his throat. he's sitting up, eyes open but unseeing. he can sense the strawberry swing, approximately three yards away, and he stands up, turning in that direction. his palms are cold and sweaty. he can feel his eyes darting around in every which way, and it's frustrating, because it's not like that could help anything.

"vinyl?" he calls out, and his damn voice is croaky and rough from disuse.

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 11/28/2014, 12:48 am

there's someone walking towards the swing where vinyl and alice are seated, except it doesn't quite look like he's looking at them, not really, and something about him looks familiar in a way that's a bit creepy, as vinyl's sure she's never seen him before.

"vinyl?" he says, and she feels her blood freeze in her veins because she knows that voice, she swears to every god in existence that she knows it, that she heard it crying out from the back of a car driving away from her to the boy's orphanage, never to be heard again.

but it can't be rhythm, it can't be, and she can't let herself get her hopes up. except she kind of has, heart in her throat as she says, "am i supposed to know you?" she doesn't mean for it to come out sounding half strangled, doesn't mean for her words to come out choked and sounding so raw and terrified, but the thought that it's him, that she still has family that's living and well and here, the fact that her brother could very well be standing in front of her, after nine years of solitude and soul crushing loneliness.

she knows can't hope, she can't allow herself to get her hopes up. she knows that it's so, so unlikely that it's actually rhythm, it's probably someone baffled over her absurd name.

it's not worth it to get her hopes it, they'll just come crashing down. but gods, does she hope it's rhythm.

honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 1/10/2015, 8:41 pm

all i ever wanted was the world
    alice looks up as someone calls vinyl's name--she's ready to either snap at them (in the case they want to cause trouble) or invite them over (in the case they're vinyl's friend), but the boy walking slowly towards them is nothing that alice had expected. he looks scared, almost, and the look is so heartbreaking on his childish face. she looks back at vinyl, who looks like she's seen a ghost. she's much more pale than alice has ever seen her, and then something clicks in alice's genius brain.

the two of them have... something in their faces that link them, make them look similar, and good gods. alice stands up, gathering up her bag. "i'll see you tomorrow, vinyl," she says quietly, and leaves. she's not about to get in the way of this.

oh gods. oh gods. rhythm might actually be sick. what kind of not-first impression would that be? a hysterical part of his brain asks, and rhythm swallows hard. his stomach feels like it's trying to win the f*cking gold medal at the olympics for gymnastics, but he forces himself to talk.

"i," he says, "don't know--i mean, i'm, i can't be sure--" with a strange, detached sort of interest, rhythm wonders if he's going to have a panic attack. he's never had one of those before. the most he can do is look in vinyl's--the girl's direction, because he's goddamn blind and he can't look her in the eyes like he's wanted to do since he was dragged away from his sister.

"i'm rhythm record. i can't see you." he finally blurts out, staying as still as he possibly can, laying his cold, clammy, shaking hands on his jeans.
    RHYTHM
    HOW WOOZY MY EYES

Last edited by sherlock on 12/11/2015, 10:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 1/12/2015, 9:56 pm

vinyl only distantly notices alice leaving, knows it happened but can't fully appreciate it because - gods. gods. she knows that voice, she knows that boy and she can't even breathe, gods.

"rhythm," she chokes out, too overwhelmed to even feel embarrassed as she feels herself start to tear up, a sob catching in her throat. "oh, gods, rhythm." she can't - she needs to touch him, needs to know he's real, that he's solid and concrete and not going to disappear. gods.

she runs towards him and flings her arms around his neck. he's here, he's real. she's missed him so much she couldn't breathe.

"i was so worried," she admits quietly, fingers trembling where they're curled into the cotton of his shirt, tears falling onto the skin of his neck where her face is buried. she's earned this moment of weakness, she's earned it just this once. it's been months since she let herself hope that rhythm would come to camp, since she let herself even look at the new campers who came into camp for fear of letting herself think that maybe her brother was among them. she can allow herself this, just this once, what lou and jodi and jude think be damned.

ooc: IM NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 2/14/2015, 1:49 pm

in an abstract sort of way, he realises she’s said ‘gods’, as in the plural form of the word. it’s something rhythm’s heard a lot at camp. he stifles the irrational giggle that threatens to bubble out of his throat, and then something’s crashing into him, the quiet thud muffled by layers of clothes.

vinyl’s hair is in his mouth but rhythm really can’t bring himself to care, because she’s so different in his arms but at the same time so familiar. he’s probably crying (he thinks he is) but his eyes are numb and he’s never hated being blind more than he does now

“vinyl, vinyl, vinyl,” he chants, almost like a prayer. “i missed you, so much, i’m sorry i couldn’t find you before, i’m sorry.” he’s babbling, but he really is sorry. he’s sorry he called 911 the day vinyl burned her hands, the day they took him away and all he could hear even miles away were her terrified screams. he’s sorry he made her feel guilty so she got it into her head to make those stupid pancakes in the first place. he’s sorry he took so long to find her.

his fingers catch in her shirt and he wraps his arms tentatively around her (skinny, very skinny, too skinny?) shoulders, not wanting to let go ever again.
    RHYTHM
    HOW WOOZY MY  E Y E S

Last edited by sherlock on 12/11/2015, 8:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 5/6/2015, 9:07 am

she tries to tell rhythm he shouldn't be sorry, that she's his big sister, and she's the one who should have found him. she should have been more careful with the pancakes, shouldn't have burned herself, shouldn't have let him convince her to make them in the first place. it's her job to look out for him. but she can't find the words, not when her thoughts are just a mash of static and 'he's alive, he's safe, he's okay.'

it's like she's spent her whole life with this uncertainty, this big question mark over where rhythm was supposed to be. she thought she'd live like that forever. she hasn't called herself a sister in years. she's not sure if she can even remember how to be one. she's never felt remotely connected to the other kids in the hypnos cabin.

"how - how long have you been here?" she asks, still not ready to let go. she's not entirely positive he's actually real, that this isn't some elaborate prank someone's decided to pull on her. she probably shouldn't have even let herself get her hopes up in the first place, but vinyl can't help it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 11:38 pm