A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Smokey Ashes, Burning Fires

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

Smokey Ashes, Burning Fires - Page 2 Empty Re: Smokey Ashes, Burning Fires

Post by Holly 9/21/2014, 12:10 pm

"Is there a way I can talk to her like that?" Esther asked as she watched Tasmaka walk over back to the other huntress. She was quite enjoying this talk with her sister, and the wolf was just totally adorable!
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Post by beanie 9/21/2014, 7:42 pm

running with the wolves

"Is there a way I can talk to her like that?" Chris shook her head no. That has happened many times where someone would wish to talk to Tasmaka but it never happened. There was one time where Chris had tried to get her wolf to say hello and that didn't end so great.
    If I could talk to you, I'd tell you that you smell nice. Oh Tasmaka.

"Nope. I only hear her voice in my head." Chris explained.

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/22/2014, 1:53 am

"Well that's cool" Esther grinned and watched her. "Maybe is three could go on a walk later?" She asked kindly as she looked at her blind sister in arms.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/22/2014, 7:25 am

running with the wolves

The air was getting to that point where Chris could still tolerate it but still feels cold. Her leather jacket wasn't helping one bit, even if she did zip it up. She was lucky for the warmth of Tasmaka and the barely lit fire or else she'd need another jacket. But a walk? That actually sounds good.

"Sure, I'd like that." And me!

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/22/2014, 10:06 am

Esther smiled and stood up from the log. "Alright, let's go!" Se grinned and looked over at the other two. She wasn't sure where they would walk, but taking walks with some of the others was something Esther liked to do to get to know them better.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/22/2014, 5:45 pm

running with the wolves

Chris had to get up, wellllll....she tried to. It was hard for her to get up by herself, she could barely find the log to help her stand a little but she managed, trying to follow the sound of Esther's voice.
    Wait- Too late. Chris had already tried over another log, landing on the ground with a thud. Dirt was in her nails, a not so nice feeling, and her palms were a little numb. But she got past that, standing up and started to walk next to Esther. Well, a little ahead than her.

"Its pretty cold." She muttered.

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/22/2014, 7:28 pm

Esther slid her parka off and slipped it over her sister in arms. Se was accustomed to the cold, being a slave and enduring nights of darkness with nearly nothing had built up her skin to resist the freezing tempstures. "That better?" She asked as se walked down one of the nearby paths, trying to remember where exactly the river was, it could've been on the other path although she was sure it was this one.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/22/2014, 7:37 pm

running with the wolves

Something, something very warm was slipped onto Chris' shoulders which she raised an eyebrow to. It was slightly warmer but it wasn't that much and she couldn't let Esther freeze for her. Feeling the edge of the, what, a parka?, she slipped it off into her hands. It didn't matter if she was warm or not.

"Have it back." She said simply.

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/23/2014, 1:46 am

Esther took it back and smiled "I can handle the cold, my years in my past helped, but if your too cold and won't take the jacket, then do you want to return to the fire?" She asked as she walked with her towards the river. They could hear the sound of the raging river now, the darkness surrounding them.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/23/2014, 7:40 am

running with the wolves

"No, its alright. I'm not that cold." She wasn't lying, her mother gave her a little quirk to resist cold. It seems to be working now. She outstretched her hand, shaking it back and forth, meaning that she didn't care.
    Mmmmm....cold water. Tasmaka started to lap up the river water, earning a weirded out smile from Chris . She had just given her wolf some water and she was thirsty already. Oh wolf.

"It's a river, isn't it?" She asked.

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/23/2014, 8:27 am

Esther watched as tasmaka went to drink from the cool water and turned to face her fellow huntress. "Yeah, big one too. Strong current, it's one of those rivers caused by the melting snow of the peak above us. So that water is more than likely colder than ice, its just not freezing because its a moving river" she smiled and looked to the stars of the sky before her gaze returned to her newfound friend.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/23/2014, 5:45 pm

running with the wolves

Big river. Strong current. Chris could picture it in her head. It kind've reminded her of the river that the ladies at the orphanage used to take the kids to when she was young. Young Chris would sit by the bank, far away from the other kids, picking at the flowers and staring into the river, thinking of different kinds of wonders. It wasn't so fun at the time.

"It sounds pleasant." She commented, landing ungracefully on her butt as she sat down where she thought the edge of the river was.

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/24/2014, 7:31 am

Esther watched as her friend sat down near to the river, not exactly on the bank, but maybe one foot up, so come could still consider it the bank she guessed as she sat down besides her, staring out into the raging water, lit by the bright moonlight that followed them, and then raced right past in a blazing current of an icy river.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/24/2014, 3:34 pm

running with the wolves

Chris could feel the warmth of another person, obviously Esther next to her. She smiled slightly. Okay, maybe she was warming up to her fellow sister-in-arms. She seems pretty cool.
    Tasmaka trotted up to her owner, the fur by her mouth dripping wet from the water. The wolf plopped itself down next to Chris, it's head on her lap. Another smile grew as Chris hesitantly put her hand on her wolf, stroking to wolf's fur gently.

"If only it was like this everyday." Chris accidentally out loud, though it was really for her head. Oh well.

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/24/2014, 3:47 pm

Esther smiled at her fellow huntress and sighed wishfully. "Me too...it's peaceful" she whispered as they sat besides one another, near the river. To the right they could barely hear the sounds of the camp, only a wise yet mile away from where they now relaxed. "Do you like to just listen to the water?" Esther spoke out again after a moments pause
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/24/2014, 4:39 pm

running with the wolves

"Me too. It's peaceful." Chris nodded. Peaceful stream next to her sister-in-arms and her little companion, cold night, chilly winds. It was pretty nice, if you should ask Chris. And the sound of the water rushing made Chris sleepy actually but she was used to it.

"Yeah, it's pretty nice and I can picture the river in my head." Chrissie explained.

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/24/2014, 5:22 pm

"Don't you wish we could always have peace? I know we hunt monsters and we serve lady Artemis, but it's these peaceful moments that I enjoy the most. Not the thrill of the hunt, but the coldness of nature" she sighed and scotched closer to her new friend.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/24/2014, 9:43 pm

running with the wolves

Chris sighed. It was a long speech time.

"Peace can't always stay. I mean, some people could think they're at peace but secretly they're in more danger. When I was a kid, it was even worse than now but I'm not going to get into that." She stroked Tasmaka's fur again, her fingers making little circles.

"Plus, some danger is good once and a while." Chris said while smiling.

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/24/2014, 11:13 pm

Esther sighed "yeah....your right" she hated to admit it, but she was right. And so was aria when she had talked to her about it. Esther couldn't stop the tears in her eyes now as she thought about the argument between her an her best friend... Sighing, she raised her dark hands to her eyes, rubbing them lightly.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/25/2014, 10:36 am

running with the wolves

"Yeah...your right." The tone in Esther's voice seemed not so happy, almost upset. There was obviously something troubling her new friend but Chris wasn't so sure what. Would it be bad to ask?
    She looks like she's gonna cry. Okay, now she was asking.

"Are you okay?"

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/25/2014, 1:06 pm

"I guess not...." Esther muttered after a moment. She was staring up to the moon for signs of hope as she stayed close to Chris and Tasmaka. "I....I had an argument with my closest sister about peace....I don't think it went so well, and I...I feel almost childish about all this" she sighed and rubbed her hair in distraction
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/25/2014, 4:05 pm

running with the wolves

"I guess not..." This had perked Chris' interest. She listened to Esther's little story intently, about how she angered another hunter by accident. So Chris wasn't the only one that found Esther a tad bit childish. But being childish is okay at times, she needed a little silliness now that she's this old.

"Perhaps you should give her some space before apologizing. Give her time to vent." Chris put in her input. Nice advice.

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/25/2014, 4:32 pm

"But I think my views are correct...why should I apologize? I should though...aria....aria was my first friend when I joined the hunt. She helped me through all my problems and got me into the rhythm of this..." She sighed "I guess I am still trying to grow up, I didn't really have a childhood"
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/25/2014, 8:46 pm

running with the wolves

"Yes, I get that you think that you were right but would you rather be right with your friend mad at you or wrong with your friend?" Chris said. She actually was proving a little point, same thing happened with Chris when she was young but she wasn't going into detail for that.
    Tasmaka felt a little sorry for her owner's fired so she nuzzled her nose into Esther's hand, licking it a little.

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/26/2014, 1:01 am

"I can see your point" she sighed and stroked tasks. She knew animals could sense emotions, and this was exact proof of it. "I guess I should go and apologize to her, maybe tomorrow" she whispered and stroke the deadly wolf. "Am I too childish though?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/18/2024, 9:01 pm