A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Choir Singing placements, science homework, and malfunctioning computers.

Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female
    Number of posts : 593
    Registration date : 2013-09-06

Choir Singing placements, science homework, and malfunctioning computers. Empty Choir Singing placements, science homework, and malfunctioning computers.

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 9/24/2014, 6:42 pm

So, I have this weird fear of performing in front of people by myself and I freeze up, my voice gets all high and stuff, and yeah, I can hardly call the pizza place without staring at the phone for five minutes wondering if food is really worth messing up my words.

And tomorrow we have to do placements for choir (alto, soprano etc.) and I want to vomit just thinking about it. I would rather break my arm and literally thinking about trying to get out of school tomorrow just so I don't have to sing two lines of row row row your boat (I know, I'm being over dramatic). Does anyone have any stage fright tips?
    Honestly, breaking my arm doesn't seem like the worst thing because I still have to do science homework that I don't understand and my computer erased an essay I worked super hard on
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

Choir Singing placements, science homework, and malfunctioning computers. Empty Re: Choir Singing placements, science homework, and malfunctioning computers.

Post by honey 9/24/2014, 7:15 pm

so. i have the same problem as you, so far that when i was going to perform at the kennedy centre, i was seriously considering jumping on my ankle to break it so i wouldn't have to sing.
    this might not work for you, but what i try to do is trick myself into thinking that the nervous fear is actually excitement. take a deep breath through your nose, count to four in your head. hold it for about two seconds, then breathe out slowly through your mouth, counting to six this time. keep on doing this until you've relaxed a little bit. when you get up there, try to detach yourself.
    i don't know if this will help you, but i hope it does, and in any case, good luck! you'll do brilliantly, sweetheart!
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female
    Number of posts : 593
    Registration date : 2013-09-06

Choir Singing placements, science homework, and malfunctioning computers. Empty Re: Choir Singing placements, science homework, and malfunctioning computers.

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 9/24/2014, 7:24 pm

Thanks! I'll try that!
    Doug The Turtle

Male
    Number of posts : 2320
    Registration date : 2013-04-20

Post by Doug The Turtle 9/25/2014, 1:29 pm

"so. i have the same problem as you, so far that when i was going to perform at the kennedy centre, i was seriously considering jumping on my ankle to break it so i wouldn't have to sing."

dONT DO IT.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/14/2024, 5:08 pm