A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Liza's bunk (New Girl!)

Liza's bunk (New Girl!) Empty Liza's bunk (New Girl!)

Post by Guest 10/24/2014, 7:20 pm

I walked into a grey cabin with an owl above the door. I looked around for an empty bunk. The cabin was completely deserted. I was told by the centaur that most of them would be off doing there activities.

I finally spotted an empty bunk. I walked over to it and set it up. Beside my bunk was a little table where I put down a bunch of my stuff.

A brown paw stuck out of my bag. I smiled and got the brown kitten out of my bag. "How was the ride, Milkshake?" I asked the cat. Wow. That would've been weird if someone was in here. I put Milkshake on my pillow and got my laptop  out of my bag. I sat against the wall and began typing down code while Milkshake napped on my pillow.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Liza's bunk (New Girl!) Empty Re: Liza's bunk (New Girl!)

Post by Morgan Landry 10/29/2014, 3:23 pm

The white marble slab next to Victoria's bunk bed popped open quietly and the blonde girl climbed out. She was dressed in a blue shirt from the CERN and a pair of white shorts showing her athletic, tanned legs, her lab coat over her shoulders and her computer and hoverboard under her arms. As usual, her clothes were scribbled with calculations, formulas, questions, theorems, possible experiments, etc. It was a habit she had picked up from her father.

Victoria took her lab goggles off and put them on her night table before sitting down on her bed, putting her board next to her. It was the 4.0 version of it. She remembered what the very first version, the prototype, had looked like: all metal, the underside coated with diamagnets. It had weighed a ton, and it couldn't even go everywhere. Now, it was made out of sleek carbon fibre enhanced with special aircraft ceramics, hovering with the help of room-temperature superconductors, absorbing the sunlight through two screens at each end of the board which got stored into the graphene-sheathed batteries once it had gone through a complex circuit of artificial photosynthesis. Her shoes adhered to the surface by a sheet of metal directly under the carbon fibre coating, making sure she didn't fall off by the inverted wind force when she flew. Everything was coded, from her anticrash vest to her flight control gloves, so they'd obey vocal and physical commands accordingly to the flight interface panel inside of the board.

Just as she was shrugging out of her lab coat, Victoria caught sight of the new girl, Liza. She looked at her, sitting against her wall and typing fast. Victoria gazed at her fingers, their movements and the keys she tapped connecting into a pattern in her mind: Liza was coding, and coding well. Victoria had realized that from experience: if somebody was drawing something, she just needed to observe the movements of the pencil to know what it was, as a picture of it formed in her mind. Same went with writing, lip reading, computer typing, etc.

"Exactly how many communication devices are you planning to hack with that algorithm?" she asked once its pattern had clearly appeared into her mind. From creating algorithms almost every day, she knew at the first glance what that one was about.

Post by Guest 10/30/2014, 11:19 pm

I was very happy at how this was turning out. The animating program I bought was amazing. There were 2 boxes, 1 for the code and one where the animating was beginning to show. I was planning to make a mini video game that was just a rocket ship avoiding meteors. It was really lame and I would have made something way better if I were able to put it on a website. But of course, the centaur also said that if i used the internet here, it would be like, "Come find me! Come on! I'm over here!" to the monsters. So I was just making a mini video game for myself if I ever got really bored or something. But here, I doubt I'll ever get bored.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see movement over by another bunk. I ignored it. It was probably just another camper back from some sword fighting or whatever.

"Exactly how many communication devices are you planning to hack with that algorithm?" I heard. I snapped my head up and saw a girl with dark blonde hair and written on clothes. I didn't really understand that sentence. I mean, I know that I'm a child of Athena and I should be all smart and know large words and actually understand algebra, but I wasn't a stereotypical daughter of Athena.

"What? Oh no I'm just animating," I replied.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/31/2014, 9:56 am

Victoria frowned and gazed more intently at her fingers then realized she was typing on a qwerty keyboard. Being inhabited to her own keyboard, she hadn't realized that what, on her computer, would be a complex hacking code was nothing more than an animation on Liza's computer.

"I see. I didn't realize you were typing on qwerty."

Now she had tuned her brain to the normal English keyboard, she could indeed see it was nothing but a video game she was coding. Victoria had never seen much point in games, as her definition of fun was mainly about sitting in her lab all day asking herself a question, then do research, come up with a hypothesis, think up an experiment before analyzing the results and coming to a conclusion. Other things she loved doing were sitting outside stargazing and observing the cosmos in the observatory, as well as inventing a wide array of devices, like her hoverboard, her skinspray or her 3D omniprinter.

Post by Guest 10/31/2014, 6:46 pm

I smiled at her and continued coding. It was getting better. I had everything shaped and colored, now all I had to do was make the ship move move and make the buttons do what I want.

I realized the girl was still looking at me, so I saved what I got and closed my laptop. I looked up at the girl and smiled at her again. Wow. way to optimistic.

"Well anyway, what's your name?" I asked.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/1/2014, 7:18 am

Victoria had gone back to doing her own business, reading a book whilst typing up a detailed experiment protocol on her iPad -- well, it was her computer but she had altered it so it'd have different forms: phone, iPad, computer, wristband -- when the new girl spoke up, asking her name.

"Victoria," she replied without looking at her, still reading and typing simultaneously.

Post by Guest 11/2/2014, 8:50 pm

I smiled (again) when she said her name. I wanted to continue a conversation, but she seemed pretty occupied with her iPad. I really wanted an iPad, but I was pretty satisfied with my laptop. It was a nice laptop.

I opened my laptop again and began continuing to animate my game. I looked up every now and then, but she just continued to type and read.

I began to feel an awkward silence. I guess she didn't feel it. She didn't seem very social. I put down my laptop again.

"So, how long have you been at camp, Victoria?" I asked.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/3/2014, 5:28 pm

"Six years," she replied, looking up from her book to show her her bead necklace.

She had come earlier, when she was eight, because she had unknowingly triggered for the Sphinx to find her in Geneva. The she-monster had locked her up in one of the offices of the library they were in and submitted her to a riddle. Victoria found the answer exactly when the time was up, but the Sphinx still decided on killing her. Without a satyr who had been sent to get her, she would've been dead.

Post by Guest 11/3/2014, 5:35 pm

"Wow. You've been here a long time." I said. I don't think I got one of those necklaces. Even if I did, it would just be a string. Maybe I'll get one at the end of the summer.

"Are you a year rounder?" I asked. Hopefully I didn't seem to desperate to keep a conversation. She didn't really seem annoyed with me, but what do I know. I just met this girl.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 4:55 pm