A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

New Girl

Kitty Kat :3)

Female
    Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2014-06-24

New Girl Empty New Girl

Post by Kitty Kat :3) 6/25/2014, 7:18 am

As I enter my new cabin, everyone seems to be passed out in their bunks. Crap. I tiptoe to the nearest bottom bunk and set down my stuff, wincing as the contents in my bag clatter. Apparently it didn't matter because my cabin mates are out cold. Sebastian, my hedgehog, pokes his noes out the top of the bag. I pick him up and sit down on my bed. On the shelf next to me, I carefully arrange my picture of my dad, my books, and my sketch book. I wonder if anyone would mind if I hang my blanket from the top bunk like a curtain? I lie on my bed and sebastian cuddles in my armpit. That's comfortable.
    Unfortunately, I can't sleep.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

New Girl Empty Re: New Girl

Post by Morgan Landry 6/25/2014, 7:56 am

Victoria silently walked up the steps to the grey Athena cabin; next to her, the Artemis pavilion was glowing eerily in the moonlight. She gazed up at the stone owl over the doorway, then pushed the door open very slowly and stepped inside, her mind reflecting on various layers about geodesy, petrography, philosophy and astrophysics.

She was just coming back from the Observatory and was holding her computer under her arm, as well as a couple of advanced astrophysics books. The fourteen-years-old passed a hand through her disheveled, dirty blonde hair -- it was almost midnight.
    Her intense gray gaze scanned the room and she saw somebody hanging a blanket from the top bed of a bunk bed and frowned. Normally, that bunk was unoccupied. Carefully putting her computer and books on her bed, Victoria silently moved towards the bed, paying attention to walking with her heels first, softly. Fortunately, she was wearing cotton clothes: a wine-red shirt that read "Keep Calm and Follow the Laws of Thermodynamics" with white denim trousers and hiking shoes.
    She arrived at the bunk bed and breathed in, analyzing the equations her head presented her, superposing them to what her eyes showed her. There were normal shape and curve equations, but there were also thermic equations. Not really news, it just proved that somebody was behind that blanket.
    Quick as a snake, Victoria pulled it aside... and looked at another girl, with a hedgehog next to her.

"Who are you?" she neutrally asks, her face revealing no emotions.

Female

Post by Kitty Kat :3) 6/25/2014, 2:21 pm

I look up from the carving I had just begun as the blanket is suddenly stripped away. Standing in front of me is a scrawny blonde girl.
    "Who are you?" she asks me in the most flat way I've ever known to be possible.
    I observe her just as I observe every new person I meet. Her physical features at first give the impression of weakness, the kind I've known most guys to think they can take advantage of. However, upon closer examination it becomes apparent that her muscle development is that of someone who fights with dexterity, quick and calculated, relying on precise moves instead of just brute strength. Her face gave away no hints of what might be going on inside her head, but her eyes were a startling grey, and they revealed an immense intellect, occasionally flicking to examen the different elements of me, the new girl. I snorted when I saw her shirt. Smart, but only if you knew about thermodynamics.
    "Hello to you too." I grin and raise an eyebrow. "It's Angela. I'm new."
    I look at Sebastian, who is now awake and examining this newcomer. He sniffed in her direction, then happily yipped and squeaked as he tried to lick her hand.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/25/2014, 4:22 pm

Victoria kept her gaze on the new girl, ignoring the hedgehog. She looked a bit tired, though not tired enough to go to sleep. Just arrived at Camp, at such a godless hour, so she had to feel tired, but too excited to sleep. She had seen Chiron just five minutes ago, she deduced, and had eaten something with him, judging from the crumbs on her chin. Probably a sandwich; they always had a seemingly endless supply of butter-and-jelly sandwiches in the Big House. She must have been claimed there too -- Athena's children were claimed at birth, but some were claimed at Camp as well -- and she was now here, probably trying to swallow everything.

"You take it more calmly than others," she replied, her eyes analyzing the line of her jaw in a grid she projected with her mind.
    And then she was gone. She had turned around and went back to her bed, letting the curtain fall back in place. Once at her bunk, she took her shirt off, revealing her very small white cotton bra, then pulled her wide night shirt on, a blue shirt from the CERN, and stepped out of her jeans, now in matching white cotton underwear. Taking her bra off from under her shirt, she put the clothes in the 'laundry-to-wash' basket next to her bunk, and sat on her bed, taking one of her books and flipping through it. Why were there interstellar absorption lines on this spectrum? she thought on one layer of her mind, pulling the blanket over her knees. Molecular origin perhaps? It could be. But if so, which molecules were responsible, and more importantly, how did they form?

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 10/20/2014, 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Female

Post by Kitty Kat :3) 6/25/2014, 4:49 pm

I glance at Sebastian. I'd never seen him take to people this quickly before.
    After a few moments I pulled back the curtain enough to see where this still nameless girl had gone. Something about her made me curious to know more.
    "I take what calmly? Also you haven't told me your name yet." my eye catches a flyer on one of the nearby tables. "Once Upon a Time Prom!" I've never been to a prom, so I'm immediately intrigued.
    "There's a prom?" I ask as she starts reading a book.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/26/2014, 2:13 am

"Your demigod nature, you take it more calmly than others," she replied, then heard her ask her name. "Victoria," she stated, still reflecting inside her head, looking at the spectrum.

The lines were much sharper and narrow than the absorption lines created in the atmosphere of the star, she observed, but like these, they also indicated the density, the temperature and the chemical composition of the interstellar gas the light passes through. But how did they form?

"There's a prom?" the new girl suddenly whispered.

"Yes." She didn't even look at her when she said it.

Female

Post by Kitty Kat :3) 6/26/2014, 3:51 am

I shrug as Victoria continues with her book. I consider going over to absorb the book just for the heck of it, but I don't like showing off so I continue with my carving. Sebastian has already passed out again, but he is quietly yipping in his sleep, so his little feet twitch every few seconds.
    As I work I think about this strange girl. Obviously she's not very socially inclined, but it makes no difference to me. Finally after another hour, I finish my project: a replica of Hermionie's wand from Harry Potter.
    Victoria is still awake, so I decide to ask the question that I've resisted asking.
    "Are you going?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/26/2014, 4:15 am

Victoria had put her book aside and was calmly gazing at the bunk bed above her, reflecting and thinking about various subjects simultaneously and with full concentration. Her eyes were steady as they looked at a line in the wood, but without seeing it.
    Then a sound, a whisper, snapped her out of it, cutting through her thought process.

"Are you going?"

It was coming from her left, she recognized the voice; it was the new girl, Angela. Temporarily confused about what she meant, Victoria realized she must be talking about prom, seeing it was the last thing they spoke about, even if it was one hour ago.

"I don't think so," she replied, not tilting her head.

Female

Post by Kitty Kat :3) 6/26/2014, 4:30 am

"Why not?" I asked, pulling back the blanket and pretending to cast a spell with my new wand. I wonder if Victoria would like it, but I don't know if she even realizes I've opened my makeshift curtain. Will I go to prom? I don't know what I'd wear or if you're even supposed to dress up, but I do love dancing. Plus it would be a good opportunity to actually meet people. "Do you not have a date or something?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/26/2014, 9:03 am

Victoria looked at her, tilting her head to the side.

"I do not have a date, I have a friend," she replied, pronouncing the word 'friend' in a slightly different tone.

To her, a date was somebody on whom you had a crush, but her feelings for Jason were among the most intense she had ever felt. Their connection over science (even if he was more into physics of particles and she into astrophysics, but that didn't matter, they loved each other's area's of expertise too), their long discussions about open questions, the hours spent together in Victoria's room, experimenting, inventing and engineering... It had given them a feeling of connection that had led to them getting into a relationship. They did not kiss often, nor touch each other a lot, but they spent a lot of time together. She loved it when they were just hovering over the lake's surface on her board at night, looking up at the stars, then observing the cosmos with Victoria's pocket telescope.

"And I'm not much into dances," she added. The only times she actually danced were when she discovered or invented something, or when something was invented or discovered -- like the Higgs boson for example. That night, neither her nor her father could sleep.

Female

Post by Kitty Kat :3) 6/28/2014, 4:29 pm

"Ah, a friend. Got it." I chuckled. Something tells me this wasn't your average friend. "Dances are fun though, as long as you do it right." I remembered my first dance that I actually enjoyed. It was with my two best friends at Tolo, where girls ask guys. We didn't have dates, so we went together. We stood on the outside of the main group where gods know what was happening. None of us knew how to dance, so it was hilarious. During the slow dances, they did what they call the awkward loner dance, one of their own design. They and everyone in their "group" would link arms and sway back and forth, laughing hysterically, much to the annoyance of the couples near by who were being less than appropriate themselves.

"Thing is, I don't know anyone here. It's hard to get to know someone when they only speak in snore."
    EatMyPants
    EatMyPants

Female
    Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2014-10-19

Post by EatMyPants 10/19/2014, 10:45 pm

I'm Emma. I'm new, and I've just been claimed. Help a girl out?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/20/2014, 6:29 am

OOC: Hey there :) You need to have an approved character to post here. And please put OOC (meaning Out Of Context) in front of your message if your post is not relevant to the RP.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 12:22 am