A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Micro cuts (private for Dylan and myself)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Micro cuts (private for Dylan and myself) Empty Micro cuts (private for Dylan and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 10/28/2014, 8:20 am

Chiara loved the way Namir laughed. It was so full and hearty it quickly got contagious, and often, both of them couldn't stop for quite some time.
    Just seeing her laugh was heart warming even if it was on the screen of a computer, like now. Chiara was sitting with her back to the wall, her feet on the desk in front of her; she had been Skyping with Namir for over an hour now and she felt almost like she was back at Camp Half-Blood. She had left, what, two weeks ago. First she had been with her stepfather in Corsica, but then her mother had called out of the blue and asked her to come over for a short week at hers in Brittany. So now she was stuck here in her mother's small flat in St Brieuc, with nothing to do except exchange a couple of words here and there, go out to the port, perhaps rent a catamaran for an hour or so, go for a walk between the megaliths, etc, but that was pretty much it. Even in her room, she had not much to do.
    She would come here generally once or twice a year but didn't really take the time to decorate or anything. There was a small folding bed in one corner, a closet integrated into the wall with sliding doors, and a shelf in which she had stored her old shojen mangas: Beyblade, Blue Exorcist, Soul Eater, etc. She had a better collection in Corsica, where she'd read One Piece or Death Note or Attack on Titan (hehehe punny title) for hours on end.
    Yes, she does read.
    Sometimes.
    Anyhow, moving on.

At least she had her computer with her so she could hang out on Facebook a bit, play some games, stream a movie and of course Skype with her friends. Namir was just telling her how she had thrown a Coke bottle with mentos into the Dionysus cabin when Chiara's mother entered the room.

"Shut that down, Chiara, I need to talk to you," she abruptly said in French.

"Can't it wait a bit? I'm with my sister."

"No."

Sighing and rolling her eyes, Chiara pretended to close the Skype call but in fact only muted it then pushed the computer away slightly and looked up at her mother.

"What? Get on with it."

When she talked, Chiara didn't hear what she said. All she felt was that sudden, intense sensation deep in her ribcage, as if her heart was being flayed. And the feeling of clinging on to It's wrong. It's just a joke. It didn't happen.

Now Chiara was sitting inside the small kitchen, staring down at a plate of spaghetti all'arrabiata, her favorite sort.

"Eat."

She didn't reply. There was no need either way. Why should she eat, there was no point to it. And if she was hungry, she didn't feel it, no -- all she felt was that mad pain raging around inside of her, that anger, that sorrow and that feeling of utter, complete powerlessness. She had fought in Manhattan because she sure hated the Titans and their whole crew, but most importantly because she wanted to protect the persons who mattered to her: her siblings, her friends, but of course her mortal family, especially her stepfather and her cousin. And she had succeeded, but she hadn't been there... she hadn't been able to do something, anything at all... nothing...

"Don't let yourself starve. Eat," her mother repeated. "How are you going to keep fighting if you don't have your strength?"

Fighting? Chiara thought bitterly. "There's nothing left for me to fight for. My friends can take care of themselves and of Camp Half-Blood, Thiago is more than capable of handling himself. There was only one person I needed to protect, and just when he needed my help, you got me over here."

"Don't be a bloody fool, Chiara, you can't blame me for that and you know it," her mother cut in with a sharp voice, before crossing her arms. "Fight for yourself, then. You need to live. You need to stand up, go out there and show what you've got."

"Haven't I already showed that like, last month? Last year? Every freaking second where I'm fighting for my life and the life of others?" She pushed the plate of hot spaghetti away. "Quit acting like you know sh!t about my life. I have nothing worthwhile to fight for."

"What a bloody coward you are," the beefy woman said in a dangerous tone. "One misfortune and you pathetically wimp out like that?"

Chiara looked up at her mother's face. That face she had learned to hate, with the close cropped red hair, the small green eyes a shade lighter than her own framed by red eyelashes, one of her eyes glassy because of a wound she got there years ago, the square, prominent jawline, the big nose and thin lips, everything contributing to make her look like a big, angry bull, the effect only slightly balanced out by the pale freckles powdered across her face, arms and bust.

"A... misfortune?" Her voice was starting to get venomous.

"You lost your stepfather. You just got a taste, a small taste of the real world. The world where people have important things taken from them and there is no way they can get them back. And what do you do? You wine and cry and mope like a b!tch on the way back."

Normally, she wouldn't flinch under the insult; her mother cussed her out, and so did she, and in the end they had both grown accustomed to it. But now, every inch of sorrow and grief she felt inside of her turned to a seething, maddening rage. She jumped up, grabbed the still hot fraying pan behind her where here mother had cooked the all'arrabiata sauce and flung it across her head, once, twice. Greasy patches of red sauce clung to her short hair and beefy face, a droplet of blood trickled down her temple. Then her mother stood up. She was a tall, strong woman with iron muscles gained by years of working out, now gazing down at her short daughter who was still holding the pan in her hand with bared teeth.

"That's right, stand up, try to threaten me, I'm so scared. You know how many monsters I killed? You know how big they were? I can squash you under my boots like the f*cking bug you are," she spat.

"Do that all you want, I'm the only parent figure you got left. And things are gonna change once you move in with me."

"You think you have some kind of right to act like a parent? You lost your rights to that ten years ago, during a f*cking trial. I'm not going anywhere with you in tow, sh!t on that. You're not my mother, you never were and I f*ck anything that has to do with you!"

Her mother looked suddenly pained, but that wasn't her mother's expression. The bulky woman turned into a bald man who looked at her reproachfully.

Chiara tasted blood in her mouth. The Ares cabin was dark but hot, she was sweating like mad. Everything stuck to her, her cover, the blankets, her night shirt and cotton shorts, even her hair. She tasted blood again and realized she had bitten her cheek hard enough to get some flesh loose.

But that wasn't bothering her. She felt like her ribcage had been cut open, she felt exactly the same way she had felt one year ago. The recollections and nightmares would pop up randomly and they were always different, as if there was some kind deity having fun showing her every angle of the situation.

And she was choking. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't get her lungs an inch of oxygen.
    Trying not to make any sound, Chiara stumbled down the rope ladder from her bunk bed to the ground. She only quickly grabbed the pair of camo trousers she had worn the day before, her army jacket and combat boots before rushing out of the cabin into the fresh night air. It must be about three in the morning or so. Everything was quiet.

Stuffing her knuckles into her mouth to keep herself from doing any sound, Chiara made her way to the forest, where she knew she could cry without anyone really noticing. It took her about ten minutes to find her usual spot, next to a torrent where she could pretend she had just been washing her face a bit if someone came by and happened to think she might be crying.

Chiara dropped on a boulder and hugged her clothes, pulling them on slowly. When she cried, it wasn't how the girls cried in the movies, when they got a bit pale and only one or two tears elegantly and dramatically rolled down their cheeks. When she cried, Chiara's eyes got red and puffy, her nose became runny and she screwed her face up.
    Which was what she did right now. She didn't even know why the dream had affected her so much. Most of the time she got dreams where she saw Laurent's car plummeting down the cliffs which she just couldn't get out of her head. But it wasn't that much the dream, it was the emotions that came with it. The anger, the grief, the scorching pain. She had started to shake a bit, trying to keep her sobs in, telling herself it was just a dream. What if Laurent saw you like that, huh? What would he think? Get a f*cking grip, man.

Chiara kicked herself. Why couldn't she just listen to that voice inside her head and pull herself together? She pressed her fists on her eyes and forced herself to calm down, but her breathing was hacked, she was still trying to get air and all she could think of was how pathetic she was acting.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf
    Non-conforming Criminal Mastermind

Male
    Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2012-02-25

Micro cuts (private for Dylan and myself) Empty Re: Micro cuts (private for Dylan and myself)

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/28/2014, 3:53 pm

Nathan was having a restless night. He felt like sleeping would've been wrong but didn't know why. It wasn't something that he understood. He sat up and saw something that was out of place. Something obviously out of place. The ghost he saw not but 2 weeks before with Chiara in the woods was in the woods watching him. Nathan raised his eyebrow in a question and the ghost merely started to leave, almost seeming to want Nathan to follow.

The boy quickly climbed out of bed and rushed out the door of the cabin running towards the forest that the ghost was going. Nathan was confused but didn't try to call out or figure out what was going on. He just followed along. Soon the ghost was over a stream of water and Nathan came to a stop. He stood there in silence and then asked, "Why have you brought me here?".

The ghost didn't speak, but merely turned his form facing a direction and then turned back to Nathan and shimmered out of existence as the boy turned confused walking toward the direction he was pointed in.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Micro cuts (private for Dylan and myself) Empty Re: Micro cuts (private for Dylan and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 10/28/2014, 4:15 pm

Chiara had been trying so hard to control herself that she didn't hear the footsteps. She was still sitting on the boulder, clenching her eyes shut though the more she tried to get herself under control, the more it escaped her. When she opened her eyes, she saw that her hands were really shaking, as if she was about to have a seizure. She knew about them, she had had a couple last year and there was no way she'd get one now.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

Her hands were still shaking. Perhaps it was because of the cold, but it was actually fairly warm -- a summer night. She suddenly punched the rock so hard her knuckles started bleeding. She was so angry. Angry at her mother, angry at the f*cking Fates who had done this, angry at every single Underworld deity, angry at herself for being such a pathetic crybaby. But most of all angry at herself for not having been there.
    Her mother had told her to move on, but she knew she couldn't really move on. Was it even possible to move on from such a thing? In books and movies, the characters seemed to get on with that kind of things just fine, so why couldn't she?

She clenched her eyes shut and concentrated on her breathing. It worked for the first moments, then she felt the familiar choking sensation and bent forward, wheezing.

Then she saw him. His shimmering was reflecting itself on the water, silvery white in the darkness, and she jumped up to see the ghost floating over the torrent, about 25 meters from her.

"How did you--?" She started asking in Corsican though the rest of the sentence died in her throat.. Her voice was shaky but she managed to control it a bit. She'd do anything for just a minute or two of talking with him. Or just touch him. She scrambled over to hug him, brush him, anything -- then he just ...disappeared, and she reached for her pack of cigarettes with trembling hands.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 10/29/2014, 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/29/2014, 1:05 pm

Nathan walked along after the ghost vanished, thinking he heard a voice. He couldn't of been sure because the voice died as quickly as it started, then he saw. Saw why the ghost had lead him here. There sat Chiara, eyes red with tears as if she had been balling her eyes out this entire time. He wasn't sure if he should've left and then thought that if he did the specter would return once more.

He breathed a silent sigh and then vanished, appearing on the opposite side of the stream, sitting on a set of tree roots, his back to the trunk of the tree. He waited in silence till she finally noticed him, not wanting to say anything till she said something first. He knew that whenever he started the conversation it was usually something bad that happened, this time he wanted to wait and see just how things were going to go.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/29/2014, 1:26 pm

Chiara had just drawn the first smoke from her cigarette when she felt another presence arrive. She looked up with hope, thinking it was Laurent's ghost again but instead she saw Nathan sitting in the roots of a tree, on the opposite side of the stream. His features were partly hidden by the darkness, but Chiara would recognize him anywhere.
    The short girl immediately jumped up, wiping her wet face with her hand, the knuckles of the right one still bleeding from punching the rock.

"What in the seven hells are you doing here?" she growled, all her anger back. "Did you follow me? Did you send him again to mock me?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 11/12/2014, 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/29/2014, 2:32 pm

Nathan rolled his eyes at her immediate questions to blame him for the specter. "You don't believe me. But the ghost lead me here. He appeared in my cabin when I couldn't sleep and led me to the stream and turned towards you after I asked why he brought me here." He said to her, speaking the truth but knowing that truth was beyond her comprehension it seemed. He stood up, dusting himself off and was half tempted to just leave. But he wasn't sure how things would go if he did.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/29/2014, 2:47 pm

"Whatever," she just said. The argument was leading nowhere and she was tired of Nathan seeing her cry. It was the second time now and she was sick of it. Nobody ever saw her cry, she made a point of it. Part of her just felt so weak when she did it, she was ashamed of herself. You're such a wimp. The other part of her didn't care about that, it just grieved and mourned and hurt.

"Is there anything in particular you want or are you planning on f*cking off sometime soon?" she finally asked, exhaling smoke through her half-closed lips. His simple presence annoyed the hell out of her. "Because if you ain't gonna beat it, then I will."
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/30/2014, 1:17 pm

"You've been crying." He said to her noticing her bloodshot eyes. He wasn't going to ask what was wrong, he knew that, it was the ghost of that man. He didn't know who the man was but he knew that he had to try to make contact with the specter to figure things out.

"I want to help you. But you never want anything to do with me. You blame me for things that I've not done and yet won't listen to me when I explain myself." Nathan said to her, almost with a hint of accusation as he tried to figure out how he was supposed to get through to her. "I just want to know why. why you hate me so much when I've not done a thing wrong. I just want to know the truth, and I mean the real truth, not the truth that you tell me to attempt to satisfy my questions." He told her knowing before he tried that it was a lost cause.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/30/2014, 2:12 pm

"What makes you even think I want your help?" she hissed, standing up to go. "I can't stand you, you annoy the living f*ck out of me if you haven't realized. Why? I don't know, perhaps because you're such an effing pain in the ass all the time."

She shrugged into her jacket, the grey cotton top she wore at night still sticking to her a bit from the sweat she had woken up in. Biting down on her cigarette, she messed her curls up with one hand to prevent them from sticking to her face. "I don't need help, that's for wimps. I can handle myself, thank you very much."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 10/30/2014, 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/30/2014, 2:30 pm

"How long have you been telling yourself that bullsh!t lie? Forget me, forget the lies you tell me, how long have you been lying to your own self?" He questioned her. He knew that her answer wasn't the truth. Everyone needs help at some point. Always need help. No one can do everything themselves, and Chiara was no different, no matter how much she wants to admit it.

"You know I think I figured it out. The ghost. He was your stepfather, and he died. It must of been something that you couldn't control and now you lie to yourself to hide the fact that you can't stand that he's gone. He was the only thing you ever had as a father and now that he's gone there's a whole in your being that you can't fill so instead you turn your hatred and rage on Underworld kids and say that we're to blame." He said to her.

As if on call to the truth, the ghost appeared before them, not showing himself but watching and waiting for the moment to approach.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/30/2014, 2:45 pm

Chiara had turned around to go after having rolled her eyes at him, but then he started saying everything -- about her father, her hatred of the Underworld kids, her pain, everything. She was so full of fury she couldn't contain it and the next second she had thrown one of her knives at him. It got stuck in the bark of the tree right next to his ear but more so, it had passed through the ghost, making him flicker away.

"NO!" she shouted. She had heard from some Hecates that once a ghost gets into contact with celestial bronze, it takes a lot of time for it to come back; it might even hurt him or affect him. Her culpability morphed into rage again, directed at Nathan.
    She was so done with him she simply extended her hand and the knife flew back into her hand is if she was some kind of magnet.

"Stay the f*cking hell away from me, d*uchebag," she said in a trembling voice and turned on her heels.

She didn't even know why her voice was shaking -- anger, pain or shock -- but she didn't care. Nathan was a freak in her eyes.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/30/2014, 2:51 pm

"Would you like me to bring him back?" Nathan asked her. He knew who the ghost was now. He could make a connection with his powers and summon the ghost here. That's all he needed was to know the ghost and he could do enough. "Do you want to finally get to speak with your dad again?" Nathan asked her, his tone nothing but truthfully seriousness. He had no intention of lying to her. Never had the intention of lying to her.

He stood up, rising till he was covered in moon light and then as if by command his eyes seemed to darken as he lifted his hand. Focusing deeply on the work before him, the ghost being harder to summon after her striking him with that knife. Eventually he closed his hand into a fist, gripping on to an invisible tether of life that he imagined was before him and then after flickering once..twice..three times, the ghost appeared once more.

This time he spoke.

"Chiara."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/30/2014, 2:59 pm

She stumbled back. Her face was flushed with shock -- it had been so long... so long since she had last heard that voice. In the first month after his death, she had constantly called him on his phone to hear his voice for the mailbox recording, she had dug out every single video of him she could find... anything.... anything to see him again, to hear his voice but had stopped it later on because of the sheer pain of the loss that came in gradually, the more she realized he was actually gone.. And now he was there.

But it was Nathan who had summoned him and she was torn between her hatred for him and her yearning to talk with Laurent. She knew he could stay only for a handful of seconds, perhaps a minute but that was the absolute maximum. Ghosts tended to evaporate in the mortal world.

Chiara raised a hand at him, trying to touch the silvery smoke his body was made of but it disappeared as soon as her living flesh threatened to come into contact with it.

"What....why are you here?" she asked in Corsican. It was the last thing she wanted to ask but somehow Nathan's presence was invading and she didn't want to tell Laurent's ghost everything she wanted to tell him. How much she missed him, how sorry she was for everything she had done to him, for every argument they had, so sorry for how pathetically she had acted last year, how she yearned for his presence, his hugs, their movie nights and inside jokes...how much she'd give for him to be there, alive, right now.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/30/2014, 3:07 pm

Nathan stood there and waited and then he started to fade in strength as the summoning took more than he realized. It shouldn't of done anything to him..but then he realized. He was holding the ghost here longer than he should've been. And he did this he realized. That the longer Chiara's father was here, he would soon pass out.

"He can't keep me here much longer. It'll hurt him. But I'm here because I needed to see you again. See my little girl." Laurent said though the ghost tried to make his vorpal thoughts collect enough to where he could say what he needed to say.

Nathan was starting to sway. He used the last of his strength to make sure Laurent and Chiara would have a few minutes...at the most maybe 5..to talk. And then Nathan hit the ground, and slipped out of consciousness.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/30/2014, 3:15 pm

When Nathan woke up, Chiara had fed him a bit of ambrosia from the plastic bag of it she kept in the inside pocket of her army jacket. Laurent and her had talked for four minutes but when he had disappeared, she had felt as empty and wounded as she normally did though it was mixed with a note of hope, relief and happiness. Even her anger had kind of flown away and while Nathan was recovering, she was sitting on a boulder, washing her face in the stream's water, the ice cold temperature soothing, as if she had been injected snow.
    Nathan...he had actually gone out of his way so that Laurent and her could talk. She was very confused -- Nathan had always been someone for her to despise, to insult and to hate...not someone to owe something to. She realized she was kind of indebted to him. And it was not something she liked.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 3/24/2015, 8:11 am; edited 2 times in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/30/2014, 3:47 pm

Nathan's eyes fluttered open and he groaned slightly as he ate the ambrosia trying to drag himself off the ground. He didn't know what had happened after he had passed out, but he saw that Laurent was gone. Chiara was washing her face away with the icy stream water and he found himself with a small headache. He glanced at her and then sighed as he barely managed to stand. "I guess you'll want me to go then.." He said quietly, not sure if she heard him before he turned and made an attempt to leave. He didn't know what to say to her, he didn't even know if there was something to say at all for such an event as this.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/31/2014, 9:02 am

Chiara just shrugged. "You're in no shape to go anywhere, but hey, it's not that I exactly care."

She couldn't care less about what he did now. She was still in the shock of everything that had happened, her brain trying to process it all.

Wait a sec.

Yes, she did care. She couldn't have him run around telling people about what he had just seen. Part of her knew it wasn't his type but part of her didn't care as it was too focused on hating him and imagining every thing he could do to irritate her more. Well, if he did that, she wouldn't be irritated. She'd burn his house to the ground.

"Though I can carry you back to your cabin," she then said, turning to face him.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/31/2014, 1:43 pm

Nathan grew a questioned look at her change of tone. "When did you suddenly start to want to help me?" He asked her. This wasn't like in DC, or the fight with the Drakon's outside of camp. They were forced to save one another in those situations. They were all each other had out there, but this was different. This was a time when she didn't have to do a damn thing for him, hell he expected her not to, and she offered to help instead.

He wondered just what had happened to change her heart even so slightly after he passed out.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/31/2014, 2:01 pm

"I can't stand the idea of owing you something," she said. "So I'm carrying you back to your cabin before any monster lurking around in this woods can get the idea of making you into a stew."

With that, she walked over to him in her big combat boots, passed one arm under his knees and another one under his back and heaved him up. "Dude, you're like, a chihuahua," she snorted and started walking. She let another minute of silence fly by before looking at him with anger. "I hope you realize that if you tell anyone about what you just saw or what you just found out, I will rip your f*cking throat out with my teeth."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 11/12/2014, 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/31/2014, 2:06 pm

Nathan let the first two comments go by finding no real reason to answer them. But then she went back to her usual threat and Nathan made his own normal comment. "Tell anybody about what? I saw something?" He asked her, making it his obvious form of saying 'Duh I'm not telling a soul'. "The only things we have to worry about explaining a thing to is the harpies, and that's if they even see us." Nathan said as they got closer to the exit from the forest next to the cabins.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/31/2014, 2:13 pm

"Very funny."

They were almost out of the woods. Chiara suddenly stopped and set him down against a tree trunk, staring at the strawberry fields, where the ghost had made its very first appearance. Chewing on the inside of her cheek she realized she couldn't let him go like this; yes he had seen the ghost, he had found out who he was but there was something else. If he was to know something, then he was to know the whole story, not just bits and pieces. Her mother's implication in it, the reason why she was so angry all the time, every second of her day. Of course, before it, she hadn't exactly been a happy-go-lucky girl, but she had had the carefree attitude, like, let's go skate over there and let's go bully that guy, etc. But now she rarely felt more than anger, if it wasn't just blank fury or rage.

"When I told you he wasn't my stepfather," she said, hinting back to the first appearance. "I meant it. He's not my stepfather, he's my father. I don't care that my b!tch mother had a one night stand with Ares. He's the only parent I have."
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/31/2014, 2:21 pm

Nathan sat next to the trunk glancing around at the surroundings as he waited to see what Chiara would do. Then..she told him that the man wasn't her step-father and that he was the only parent she had. "I guess I should apologize for calling him your stepdad then." He told her, not sure if she would continue the conversation or leave it at that before leaving him at his cabin
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/31/2014, 2:43 pm

She shook her head. "Thing is.... He was the only person, with my cousin, whom I was fighting for. Like, I never actually lived with my mother, they divorced when I was what, six or seven. Normally, I should've gone with her because you know, she's my mother and he's not related to me and stuff, but he asked for a trial." She kicked at a stone. "My mother's a special ops mercenary with a police record so the choice wasn't exactly difficult for the judges. But some times she just kinda calls out of the blue for me to come over to hers in Brittany and I have to go. That's what happened last year. I was just coming back from the Titan War and all, like, thank the gods it's over -- yeah, sure, I love standing on the battlefield but there's nothing like the feeling of having won the f*cking thing. If I fought there it wasn't that much because I can't stand the monsters and the Titans, but more because I couldn't process what'd happen to my mortal family if they won. F*ck my mother, I don't care what happens to her, but for my father and my cousin and everybody else... just no. So I come back to Corsica, thinking I might finally get something like holidays when this f*cking sl*t wants me to haul my butt over. And while I'm there, he takes his car to visit a friend and... well, you know what happened. The road is at the very edge of the cliffs."

She breathed in slowly, since her voice had started to shake. The sheer thought of the explosion, of the body being blasted to bits had been too much for so long it had become natural for her to repress it. When she continued, her voice was still trembling, but with fury.

"You do not understand the very depth of my f*cking loathing towards my mother. I want that b!tch dead. If she hadn't called, if I had just been there... It wouldn't have happened. He would've have had different plans, he would've done anything else than driving on that freakin' road. And even if he hadn't... well, I've been in life or deaths situations every week, nearly every day for nine years, ever since I found out I was a demigod. You get used to the idea you can die like that. Of course I won't go down without a bloody good fight, but if I had died with him then I could've at least tried to get him into Elysium. If there's one person who actually deserves it, it's him. Hell, I would've swapped my place in Elysium for him. Anytime." She gritted her teeth. "I've lost brothers. I've lost sisters, I've lost friends. But after a while, you're okay with it because you know they're in Elysium, barbecuing and beach partying their way through eternity. And all I can think of is him roaming the Asphodel and trying to remember who he was."

She wasn't really looking at Nathan, more gazing at the tip of her combat boots then at her boot knife, which she had taken in her hand. "In the end, nothing I did really mattered. I helped Olympus win the war against Othrys, I helped saving humanity from getting chewed up by monsters, but he still died. I saved millions of people I don't give a flying f*ck about, but not him. And I will never forgive that.  I will never forgive my mother, I will never forgive the Fates, and I will never forgive myself."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/3/2016, 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/1/2014, 12:20 am

Nathan sat in silence as he listened to her tell him more than he ever thought she'd tell him. When she finally finished he took a silent breath choosing his next words carefully. "I won't pretend to know how you feel. My family never made me hate them for any reason, and unlike my sister..I never lost anyone that I was that close to. But I will tell you that if you would ever need anything from me, you can just ask. It's not debts to me, people want the underworld kids to find the shades of their loved ones all the time." He paused thinking that he had made that statement too complicated.

"I guess what I'm saying is that you can trust me. No matter what happens. You can always trust me with anything you want to keep hidden." He stood, but only barely and leaned next to the tree to keep himself up.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/1/2014, 1:08 pm

Chiara looked at his face, half-eaten by the darkness. "If I told you all this, it's not because I somehow needed to get it out or what. I don't like telling people about stuff anyway. When I got a problem, I fix it myself, -- but this one is not about me. Can't just give it a good ole kick in the ass. I just told you because you're a son of Melinoe so I figured you must know one or two things about other people's ghosts." She took a moment to glare at him. "Now don't get me wrong, I still hate you and your Underworld crew, but I guessed that since you've seen him a couple of times you might as well know the whole story. But enough about that. C'mon, now," she said, grabbing him and putting him over her shoulder and walking back towards the cabins's courtyard.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/20/2024, 9:17 am