A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Spring rolls and high heels

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Spring rolls and high heels  Empty Spring rolls and high heels

Post by Morgan Landry 12/3/2014, 9:03 am

It was about 7pm when Laure got out of her barrack, ready to have dinner with Richard. She was on leave for the weekend so her centurions wouldn't care if she went out to San Francisco tonight -- something she did every other weekend anyway. Her father owned a villa in the bay. After having hugged her friends goodbye, the daughter of Aurora walked down the Via Principalis, through the Decumarian Gate and out towards the Caldecott Tunnel which was Richard and her's rendez-vous point.
    Laure was dressed accordingly to the restaurant theme in a wine red silk qipao, cut above the knee and woven with delicate golden floral patterns. Her freshly shampooed hair was tied back in a satiny bun updo decorated with a glittering lotus-flower pin, which was the only piece of jewelry she was wearing.

"Hey Richard!" she said as she spotted him. "I'm sorry I'm late."

She stalked over to him on her ankle strap platform high heels, their dark red color matching her dress, whilst carrying her white minaudiere in her hand. A couple of curls had escaped her hairdo around her face and swayed to the rhythm of her steps. She had shimmering gloss on her lips, a hint of soft blush on her cheekbones and a gentle streak of eyeliner around her lids.

"Do we walk from here to San Francisco?" she asked after giving him a hug. She had sprayed a soft fragrance of jasmine and lotus on her neck and wrists, and her mascara made her violet-blue eyes look deeper.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Spring rolls and high heels  Empty Re: Spring rolls and high heels

Post by Green 12/3/2014, 5:30 pm

Richard was listening to his iPhone when Laure called out his name. He quickly put his smart phone away, smiling widely. He was wearing a dark gray sweater, black skinny jeans, and a black beanie. "Wow, you look amazing!" He exclaimed and hugged her back. He could smell that she had some fragrance added to her already divine natural scent. Richard stepped back a bit after a while of hugging. "Only if you don't mind?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/3/2014, 5:42 pm

"It's just.... I'm on high heels and walking next to a highway isn't that good for my feet," she said with a chuckle. "My car isn't far though, it's in a small parking a hundred meters away."

They had started walking in the Caldecott tunnel, the torches burning either side. Laure's footsteps echoed around them. They were dressed differently, Richard in a sweater, beanie and jeans, and she in the silk dress but it had been some time since she had gone out to dinner in a nice restaurant so she might as well make it count.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 12/3/2014, 6:09 pm

"Oh that's perfectly fine! I don't mind riding." He said with a smile, laughing a bit. "And I hope that I'm not too under dressed." Richard stuck his thumbs into his Jean pockets. "I mean you look so...beautiful in your red dress and I look so...basic in my sweater and jeans." He blushed slightly from embarrassement.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/3/2014, 6:25 pm

"Don't worry about it. I'll just say you're some hobo I picked up at the side of the road and felt like treating to some good food."

She brushed her free curls behind her ears with a teasing smirk as the torches got replaced by overhead neon lights. One of them was flickering. Finally they reached the heavy door and went out into the warm, slightly heady summer evening air. Laure greeted the two guards with a wink and a wave, checked the right line was free and crossed over to the side of the highway. They walked for some short minutes before arriving at the parking place and Laure went over to a sleek white Audi cabriolet. She took the key out of her minaudiere, the car's orange lights blinking twice as she opened it.

"Just put the address of the restaurant into the GPS," she told Richard with a smile as she sat in her car.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 12/3/2014, 6:41 pm

Richad's smirked and followed her out into the evening. "Hobo huh?"He looked at her, nudging Laure playfully.

The son of Letus got into the car and typed the address into her GPS. "Oh good. It's only a few minutes from here." He stated as he bluckled his seat belt and rubbed his hands over his jeans, making sure he had everything he needed. He started to go over what entrée he was going to order.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/3/2014, 6:48 pm

Laure started the car and drove out of the parking, onto the highway. She was driving calmly, her hands holding the wheel firmly.

"So tell me, do you have some kind of, I don't know, Tumblr or DeviantArt?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 12/3/2014, 7:14 pm

"Um, no tumblr or DevianArt, but I do have a Kanvas." He perked up a bit and glanced at her. "I really like that flower in your hair. A lotus flower right?" Richard asked with a raised eyebrow. "Do you have a Tumblr account?"[/color]
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/3/2014, 7:42 pm

"Ohhhh, nice! Kanvas is really amazing. I'd ask for your username but I'd look like a stalker," she smirked, looking away from him to gaze at the road. There was a BMW ahead and she carefully maneuvered around it. After another curve, they could fully see San Francisco bay, with the red Golden Gate bridge and the clusters of skyscrapers. The sea was glistening warmly in the setting sunlight. "Yeah, that's a lotus flower. Thank you, I got it from France. Actually, it's from my dad's shop," Laure smiled. It was made of assembled orange and red glass petals, with two smaller glass beads swaying from fine copper chains.

OOC: A bit like this.

BIC: "I do have a Tumblr, I just don't use it much. Just to look up funny stuff, pretty art and fandom updates."

She turned the wheel to the right as they slowly made it into San Francisco, the first buildings rushing by.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 12/3/2014, 8:09 pm

Richard relaxed in the passenger seat. "You can have my username if you would like, Laure. I don't mind." He smiled charmingly at the daughter of Aurora. It seemed like every minute he spent with her, his affections for the demigoddess continued to grow. He looked at the passing buildings, smiling a bit.

"Turn left in 1.7 miles." The GPS instructed.

He glanced over at Laure and exhaled. "So, where are you from? France?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/3/2014, 9:12 pm

"Send it to me over Instagram once we're back in Camp," she said, following the GPS's instructions. Phones attracted monsters and she didn't want her date to be ruined by some smelly hellhound jumping from behind a bin.

"I'm from France, oui," she giggled. "Bordeaux, to be exact. Rings a bell?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 12/3/2014, 9:59 pm

"Gotcha." He smiled and looked forward, smiling at how perfect this moment felt.

He shook his head slowly. "No, not really sorry...but it sounds like a wonderful place to live" Richard added, straightening up a bit.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/3/2014, 10:27 pm

"It's on the south west coast of France," she said. "Sixty kilometers from the ocean. It's very modern -- okay, no skyscrapers -- but you can easily lose yourself in the maze of medieval streets in the old part of the town. There are a lot of delicious tapas bars, and the clubs Quai de Paludate are amazing. You should come and visit one day."

"You have reached your destination," the GPS said in a pleasant voice, and Laure pulled up next to a very nice-looking restaurant with Chinese dragon heads either side of the doorway.

"Well this looks inviting," she smiled, parking her car and getting out. She brushed the creases off her dress and stalked around the car to get to Richard.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 12/4/2014, 4:12 pm

Richard smiled kindly. "Maybe I will." He responded and got out the car when they pulled out to the restaurant. "Welcome to the Wok." He announced while walking closer to the building. He turned around and placed a hand on the door handle, opening it for her. "My lady." He said in a slight British accent.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/4/2014, 7:00 pm

Laure chuckled, tilted her head to the side and walked into the restaurant. A red carpet covered the floor, sounds of conversations and cutlery could be heard around them. It was sleek and modern but with a traditional touch Laure found absolutely delightful. A waiter showed them to an empty table on the first floor and Laure sat down on the dark wood chair, a small orange Chinese lantern decorating the table. Romantique, she thought.

"Wow, I really like it," she told Richard as the waiter went to get the menus.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 12/4/2014, 7:13 pm

He smiled and looked at her across the table. "I thought you might." Richard laughed a bit and placed his hands on the table. After about a few minutes, the waiter came back with their menus.

"What drinks would you guys like?" The waiter asked, getting out his notepad and pen.

Richard looked up Laure, nodding to her for her to order her drink first.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/4/2014, 7:21 pm

"Oh, I'd like a peach margarita please," Laure smiled. The waiter nodded, noted it with a pen and handed them their menus.

Fortunately, they had Hunan cuisine. Laure took her time browsing through the different dishes before ordering a plate of Hunan chicken and a bottle of water -- you never knew.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 12/4/2014, 7:45 pm

"And I'll just take a simple Pepsi." He said with a smile. The waiter nodded and went to fillful their drink orders. Richard turned his attention back to Laure and took in a deep breath. "So, Dazzler, other than participating in photo shoots, what else do you do in your spare time?" He asked her, leaning back in his chair.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/4/2014, 8:25 pm

"I like clubbing, reading fanfics and stargazing," Laure said with a smirk, saying the first three things that came to her mind. "I've always liked astronomy, I've been looking into it again these past months. It's weird to think I'm related to all of them, the morning star, for example. Lucifer. It's funny how early Christianity made every pagan divinity into something evil, right?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 12/4/2014, 8:29 pm

He nodded and smirked. "Right, right." Richard smiled and leaned over the table some, giving her undivided attention. "Like Fauna, with the goat horns and hooves are depicted in Satan." He laughed a bit. He loved having conversations like this.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/4/2014, 8:43 pm

"I know right! It's like this other god, Cernunnos. Celtic mythology. He was said to be Satan too because he had horns -- well, antlers." Their drinks arrived and Laure raised her orange cocktail, decorated with wedges of peach and lime and a mint leaf. "Cheers. Or, santé, like you say at mine." She let her glass make a tingling sound against his before taking a sip. The alcohol warmed her throat up at once, Cointeau, peach schnapps, silver tequila and fresh lime juice combining against her palate in a fruity, heady aroma. The crushed ice brushed against her lips. "Anyway, I think Cernunnos was also said to be the Horned God, you know, in Wiccan religion? I don't know a lot about that, but well, the point is, Christianity went through a lot of work to discredit other religions back in the days, which is pretty weird when you think about it. I mean, if they thought it was so obvious that their religion was the only true one, why did they feel like they had to convince people into following them?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 12/9/2014, 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 12/4/2014, 9:07 pm

"Cheers." He smiled and took a sip of his Pepsi. "This is true." Richard added as the waiter came over with his notepad and pen again.

"And what would you too like to order?" He asked in a slight Chinese accent.

Once again he gustered to his date. "Ladies first." The son of Letus said with a slight smile, already knowing what he wanted to eat for the night.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/4/2014, 9:10 pm

"I'll take the Hunan chicken please," she told the waiter with a smile, handing him the menu back.

She then turned to Richard. "What about you?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 12/4/2014, 9:42 pm

"And I'll take the sweet and sour chicken with fried rice please." He smiled and headed him his menu. The waiter nodded and left for the kitchen. "So, Laure. What's your career goal?" Richard asked, admiring her beautiful dress.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/5/2014, 7:22 am

"My career goal? Hmm.. I'm only sixteen so it might change between now and then but when I picture myself in the future, I see myself as a mode designer or an actress." She chuckled. "I know, it sounds like a childhood dream job. Though I've looked already at the courses in the Minerva Capitolina University and I'm very interested by theater and art."

She took another sip of her peach cocktail then put a small curl behind her ear. "And you?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/11/2024, 11:02 pm