A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Drill to exhaustion

Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Drill to exhaustion Empty Drill to exhaustion

Post by Kwacken 1/4/2015, 3:27 am

Truth be told, the wooden dummy never had a chance. Which is why hay and splinters kept flying off of the dummy every few hits. Evander swung his kopis in a memorized manner, almost muscle memory now. The heavy blade made his arm burn with fatigue, but he didn't stop. He continued the same pattern of hits, using his hoplon to dodge and hit.

Evander could imagine the dummy as a monster or enemy. It was his total focus. He measured his breathing and swung again. Oblivious to the world, he counted each step. The beat of each hit was just like a fast run, the muscles burning and the mind emptying. Autopilot. Reflex. It was a moment of peace, of clarity, when all the noise in his mind was silenced, and the only thing that mattered was the crashing of bronze on it's target.

When the dummy finally succumbed to the barrage, Evander stopped. Every muscle ached, and he was drenched in sweat. He set his hoplon down on a nearby bench, and then placed his sword down on the bench. Evander removed his helmet, then undid his chest plate to pull it off. It felt like it was suctioned on, and made a sound like a jar opening when he got it off. His orange T-shirt was completely drenched, but he pulled it off and used it to towel off his head as he sat down panting.

As he sat he became more aware of his surroundings again. The sound of birds and campers in the distance, and the sound of someone much closer. He straightened up, looking around. "Who goes there?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Drill to exhaustion Empty Re: Drill to exhaustion

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/6/2015, 8:08 pm

Alice skipped through the camp with Rabid hiding under her hat of the day. It was after Tea Tim, the first of the day that is, and she had mounds of energy. She smiled and hummed the tune that the Jabberwocky poem was spoken to, letting a few lines slip out here and there. She happened upon the sword arena and noticed a strong looking camper who she did not know. this meant one thing to her, time to make friends. She smoothed out her dress and skipped over to the boy. As he sat she stood behind him but when he stood he was much taller than her, causing her to shriek and put up her hands in front of her face, peeking between her fingers.Please don't hurt me mister tall man. She said softly but then giggled, uncovering her cute face.

Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/untitled_73/set?id=145454192
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/6/2015, 8:26 pm

Evander was surprised to see a thin girl, with her hands in front of her face like a young child. She spoke like a child too, innocent and giggly, but she looked his age. She was dressed strangely. What was thst new thing nerds were into? Steampunk? The son of Ares relaxed his muscles, he didn't need to be tense with a little girl. She wasn't a threat. "Why would I hurt you? I am Evander. What's your name?"

Evander sat down on the bench, still sore from his workout. He was starting to catch his breath now. He wondered if this girl had seen him fighting, or if she had just come up.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/6/2015, 8:33 pm

Alice smiled and sat next to him with a grin like the cheshire cat.I'm Alice Little, daughter of Mania. I saw you sitting and thought you were not tall but then you stood up and you were tall. Alice's hat began to move on her head and she giggled, taking the hat off and putting Rabid in her lap before returning the hat to her golden head.And this is Rabid White. She giggled, petting the bunny behind the ears.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/6/2015, 8:43 pm

"Mania? Like maniacs and being manic?" Evander asked, raising an eyebrow. He took his shirt and pulled it back on, feeling a little awkward about having been half-naked in front of the strange girl. "I'm a son of Ares, the moron war god."

He looked at the bunny the girl placed in her lap. Who kept a rabbit in their hat? Magicians. She didn't look like a magician. Did she think she was a magician? There was no telling what she thought. "Nice Rabbit." Evander said awkwardly. "How long have you been at camp?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/6/2015, 8:48 pm

Yup, that's my mom. Although I don't really know if Ares is a moron. Perhaps hes just misunderstood.Alice said with a kind smile. When he asked about camp she shrugged and let Rabid hop around nearby.I don't really know much when it comes to time. I haven't really been able to think straight since I was locked up for being nutso. She said, slouching forward with her head in her hands and her elbows on her knees. Alice didn't really have a good perception of much anymore, much less time.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/6/2015, 8:59 pm

Evander felt sorry for Alice, he had his fill of shrinks, therapists, medication and therapy. He remembered sitting in offices, telling each doctor that he didn't know why he got so angry, or how to control his urge to hit people."I can't imagine being kept in a hospital for being crazy, but I feel you. Everyone thought I was troubled and nuts when I was growing up. Couldn't stay out of fights. Still can't."

He did disagree about Ares, though. Ares was a moron. Sleeping with married women. Causing wars. Fighting for the sake of fighting. It was all so very stupid. Evander only hoped he would grow up to be different from the blood thirsty moron. Did he really have a chance of that, though? He absently tapped his hand against his leg, looking around the Arena.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/6/2015, 9:05 pm

Alice noticed the tick that Evander had and gave a friendly smile.Your scared or nervous, aren't you? She asked in her soft, kind voice. She knew a tick pr quirk when she saw one and the rapping of fingers was more often than not a sign of such action. Alice took off her hat and looked at it with far eyes, almost gazing at a memory from her past.My father used to do that when my sister Lizzie and I were little and asked about my mother. I was always told I was adopted you see, to make it easier for my family to explain my odd behavior. So when Lizzie and I asked about my birth family he would always tap his fingers like he was afraid I would find out about my mother. Alice stared at her hat with longing that only she knew about. She was starting to miss Wonderland more and more now a days.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/6/2015, 9:23 pm

At first Evander was very confused about the question. He was a little nervous, but mainly just awkward, he tended to be a little awkward. Then Alice explained and the son of Ares let out a short bark of laughter. She thought he had a nervous tic, but it was sad to say that he had a normal tic. He made a conscious effort to stop tapping and rubbed his hand against his leg.

"Sorry, didn't mean to laugh. I am not nervous, any more than usual when talking to someone new. I can't help moving. Whether I am completely relaxed or tight as a spring. It's part of the H in ADHD. Unfortunately, I have the H part really bad. That's why I come here to fight until I feel too exhausted to move. It's the only thing that helps me slow down."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/6/2015, 9:27 pm

Alice felt her cheeks get bright red as she placed her hat back on,trying to use its shade to block her red cheeks. How stupid could she have been? Of course he had ADHD, they all did. Why on earth had she told him about Lizzie? She never told anyone about Lizzie since the night her family all burned to death in the fire.I'm sorry. I shouldn't have sad anything. Alice wrapped her arms around herself and felt vulnerable. Almost as vulnerable as she did when she fell into Wonderland for the first time.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/6/2015, 9:41 pm

Evander immediately felt bad about his words when Alice reacted. "No, no, no, don't feel bad. It's okay. I'm harmless." He said, awkwardly patting her back. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. I kinda speak before I think. Or do before I think. Or...anything before I think. Sometimes I just plain don't think."

He wasn't sure how to make things better, he hated being impulsive. He wanted to just think before he did something stupid for once. Or not do something stupid. He would enjoy not doing something stupid.

Evander stood and turned around, getting on one knee. "It's okay. It's alright, alright?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/6/2015, 10:00 pm

Alice looked from under her hat brim as Evander kneeled in front of her. Somehow this was comforting to her, to see someone showing compassion. She moved I've of her hands so it covered his larger ones. Alright, Evander. giving him her quirky bent smile. She didn't like using it but somehow it made her feel happy again. Alice looked into Evander's eyes and almost got lost in the vastness of them.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/6/2015, 10:20 pm

Evander smiled as Alice relaxed. Maybe he hasn't screwed up everything. "Good. Good. Would you like to do something? Maybe spar?" He asked, happily. It was one of his favorite forms of exercise, but he knew others didn't like it as much.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/6/2015, 10:24 pm

Alice looked at her Vorpal blade and shuddered, she hadn't used the weapon since the Jabberwocky all those years ago. There was still a fear she had for the beautiful thing. It had a literal mind of its own and all she needed to do was hold onto it so it could kill. That's all it ever did when she held it.I'd rather not, if that's alright. She said with a now horse voice. Some things she got over quickly like her fear of heights, others she couldn't ever. This was one of those nevers.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/7/2015, 12:23 am

Great. He has upset her again. This wasn't working well. Evander frowned, not sure what he had said to upset her this time. "Uh, well, um, what would you like to do? I, uh, like to exercise. I like to run, play ball, swim... Eat."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/7/2015, 8:39 am

Alice felt bad, she couldn't seem to get back to being happy. Evander had a look of both upset and concern on his face which just added to her dread.Im sorry. she said quietly.I don't mean to be a bother or upset you. Alice got up and held her hands together. I can leave now if you would like me do. I don't mean to upset you. Alice was fragile, even if she didn't appear that way. Things effected her more and more because of her past and her mothers not so welcomed madness.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/7/2015, 5:55 pm

Right, so, as near as Evander could figure it, he and Alice were vying for each other's happiness and failing miserably. How does one change that? Magic. No, he needed a different answer, he wasn't a child of Hecate. He couldn't even do card tricks. He stood up and pulled her into a gentle hug, a warm brotherly type of hug.

She looked so miserable and fragile. She felt fragile too, like if he sneezed she would evaporate like a ghost. "You didn't upset me, I just want you to be happy." He said, letting her go and stepping back a little. "I just want to make people happy, keep people safe. The last part I'm good at, the first part, well, I'm working on it. Life here is so much different than everywhere else."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/7/2015, 9:14 pm

Alice melted into the hug, she felt her cheeks reddening and smiled. She really did love hugs, even if she didn't want one to begone with. That just made them that much better to her.I understand. I used to live in the UK before I moved here and everything is different.She said with her accent and lookinh up at Evander. A slight breeze picked up and blew some of her blonde hair into her face, covering the lower portion like a mask.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/7/2015, 10:51 pm

Evander nodded, "I lived in Germany, but on a military base. My f-, well, stepfather? Eh, whatever, Gunny Sergeant Ajax, was a Marine." He didn't really feel like explaining how Ajax had raised him as his own and it still threw him off to not refer to him as father.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/20/2015, 9:11 pm

Alice perked up slightly once Evander began opening up to her.That's super cool! I bet you can kick butt. She said kicking and punching the air before giggling and fixing her hat so it sat at the odd angle that would bother any OCD kid within five miles.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/21/2015, 7:24 pm

Evander laughed a little awkwardly, "I would hope so, I am a son of a war god, after all. Yes, though, I did learn how to kick butt." And get my butt kicked. Evander thought, hoping his face didn't betray that thought.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/21/2015, 7:29 pm

Alice poked Evander's cheek when he laughed and giggled herself. Rabid hopped around where they sat and she scooped up the white rabbit. The bunny looped at Evander with his red, albino eyes and hopped into his lap.He likes you. Rabid doesn't like many people besides myself and the people from Wonderland. She smiled and looked at her rabbit lovingly.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/21/2015, 9:52 pm

The large Ares kid awkwardly petted the small rabbit, noticing how soft and silky the fur was on it. Most of his life rabbits had been categorized as three things: food, livestock or vermin. He had never considered one as a pet, but it was almost as lovable as a cat. "He's cute, and very soft. Maybe he knows I'm just a giant pushover. Like a pitbull, all looks, but not really scary."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/21/2015, 10:10 pm

Alice giggled at the son of Ares and looked from Rabid to him.Rabid is nice to those that he finds worthy of kindness. He says he likes you by the way. And I agree with him. You are kind. You've shown me more kindness than some other people here at camp.She said standing and moving to the dummy from earlier, tracing the slash marks with a gentle hand.Most people find me to be....bothersome. which I completely understand, I really do. But you and Alucard have looked beyond that and befriended me despite what others have thought of me. For that I am greatful.The blonde said turning to face Evander and her rabbit. The two were her only friends with her at this point in time today.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/21/2015, 10:20 pm

Ooc:stop that Poptart. This is mine and MandarHobbit's topic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/11/2024, 11:57 pm