A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Girl talk

Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Girl talk Empty Girl talk

Post by Kwacken 1/14/2015, 3:34 pm

Leandra was polishing armor and thinking about her visit to the shrines. Her talk with Romulus. Romulus. The single most ungettable single guy in Camp Jupiter. Seriously, she had more chance of getting a date with the goddess Minerva. Still, she couldn't help but think about his little grin, and his strong arms, and those deep thoughtful eyes. She was so screwed. She sighed heartfully, rubbing the armor with the polishing brush until it gleamed.

She heard voices outside, which was normal, and then she heard Tiberia's voice. Her mind raced for a second, running through the fact that her friend Tiberia was strong friends with Romulus. Everyone thought they should date, but Tiberia never seemed interested in him that way. Maybe some helpful advice? Or a hit over the head with a pugio hilt...

Leandra set the armor down and walked outside, her feet silently falling as she walked up behind Tiberia. "Tiberia, I need to talk to you, come into the Armory with me." She said quietly, her southern accent running syllables together.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Girl talk Empty Re: Girl talk

Post by Morgan Landry 1/14/2015, 3:49 pm

Tiberia was just having a talk with Spurius Lucretius Restitutus (or just Restitutus for short), one of the Lares of the Third Cohort when a voice came up behind her. She turned around to see Leandra, one of her legionnaires. Actually she was one of the legionnaires Tiberia was closest to, as they had been in the Legion for the same amount of years. Both had six bars on their forearms and Tiberia kept thinking, four more to go. She'd regret the Legion so much once she'd get out of it. Perhaps she could stay there, keep training the recruits, fight battles... Because that's definitely what she'd do.

"Excuse me, Restitutus," she told the Lare who just frowned and disappeared, before following Leandra into the armory. It seemed quite serious. "What is it?" she whispered once they were safely behind a weapon shelf.

She was dressed in a white top horizontally striped with thin navy lines, a pair of denim shorts and studded combat boots. Her gladius was sheathed at her belt, hitting her leg with every step she took, her optio badge gleaming on her shirt.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/14/2015, 3:55 pm

Leandra took a deep breath, looking around to make sure there were no Lares. "You cannot tell anyone, Tib, but I've got a problem." She said slowly, her voice quiet and measured. She took a deep breath, rubbing her forehead with her palm. "I have a major crush on Romulus from the first." She said fast enough that she didn't take a breath.

She knew it was stupid, she knew it was dumb, but she couldn't help it. He was hot. And kind. And smart. And handsome. And completely out of her league. This was her first major crush since being here, she had of course idolized some people from a distance, but this was different. This was... Hormones?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/14/2015, 4:02 pm

Stercus. That was Tiberia's only thought. Romulus and her had been friends every since they were four, he was as close to her as Decimus or Kaeso, her brothers... and she knew, for having had that talk maaaaaany times, that Romulus simply wasn't interested in the whole dating thing.

"Dang," she said, before resuming in a hushed voice. "Um, since when?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/14/2015, 4:09 pm

"Yesterday, we met, we talked, I felt this funny feeling in the pit of my stomach, kinda like when I take people's fear, but...different. Better. Not nearly as disturbing. And I can't stop thinking about him. But he's totally out of my league, he's Romulus, star of the first Cohort, perfect Roman soldier." She said, rambling. She grabbed the polishing brush and started brushing her armor again.

"I mean, I know you and he are friends. Good friends. You know him, you know me. There's not a snowball's chance in an Atlanta summer, is there?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/14/2015, 4:21 pm

"Not as far as I see," Tiberia bluntly said. "Romulus is just... not into dating."

So many girls had tried already... Jen, Scarlett, Laure, Delilah, to name a few. Every time he had set them straight. She knew where these girls came from, Romulus was really handsome in the Roman way -- straight nose, strong cheekbones, firm jaw, close-cropped hair. He was a fighter, a soldier of Rome, second-in-command of the First Cohort... what was there not to like? She was proud to have a best friend like him.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/14/2015, 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/14/2015, 4:30 pm

Leandra knew that was going to be the answer. She continued rubbing the brush over her greaves, not focused on that as much as the problem at hand. "So...what do I do? I've never had a crush like this before, Tibia. I specifically tried to avoid crushes, and then, boom, here, have a crush."

She knew how to take the fear or anguish of others. She knew how to heal. She knew how to fight and kill. She had been a good, eh, decentish Roman soldier since she was eight. The healer knew nothing of how to handle having a crush on someone, much less someone she knew she couldn't have.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/14/2015, 4:35 pm

"Just wait it out, it will eventually go away," Tiberia replied. "Plus, there are a lot of handsome and smart legionnaires out there, you'll have another crush sooner or later, specially if they befall you on the first day."

She crossed her arms -- did Romulus know about this? He probably did, he had a way of reading people. At first it had irritated Tiberia back when she was a kid but growing up, she had become blunt and sarcastic, like her twin, so Romulus didn't have to read her anymore -- she stated her mind and never hid a thing.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/14/2015, 5:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/14/2015, 4:44 pm

Wait it out. "Time heals all wounds?" Leandra asked, still brushing. "It's not just being handsome and smart, but, he is, it's...je ne se quis." Her southern accent mangled the French, and to be honest, Leandra never understood why saying I don't know in French was more poignant than I don't know in English.

"Why does he not date? Is he married to the Legion?" Leandra asked, thinking she knew the answer. Yes. He was. Or might as well be. He would probably be one of the people who served in the legion even after he could retire.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/14/2015, 4:59 pm

OOC: It's Je ne sais quoi or Je ne sais pas ^^

BIC: "He just never felt the need to go out with somebody? He's not hormone-plagued like some other people I know and to be honest, it's pretty refreshing."

Married to the Legion, huh? Well every true legionnaire should be mentally married to Rome. The Urbs. The eternal city. Tiberia could only dream to go to the actual Rome.. it was forbidden to Roman demigods to go to the Mare Nostrum, but it was still one of Tiberia's biggest wishes. Just walk the paths the emperors walked, feel the ancient power of the Colosseum, stroll through the Forum... And the seven hills, by the gods, the seven hills...
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/14/2015, 5:06 pm

"Hormones bite." Leandra muttered as she finally stopped brushing the greaves. She noticed with alarming horror that one was far more polished than the other. Oops. She sighed and rubbed her temples. "Alright. So just ignore it. Act normal. Does that mean avoid him? Or not avoid him? Or just whatever?"

Oh what she would give to have her mother nearby to ask questions to. Not Angerona. She picked up the less polished greave and started brushing it.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/14/2015, 5:29 pm

"I don't know if avoiding him is the way to go because people have a way of idolizing what they don't know -- perhaps hang out with him like you normally do? Don't run after him but don't treat him like he just jumped out of a Greek sewer either."

She spotted a sharpening stone on a table and unsheathed her gladius, drawing the stone along its edges so the raspy noise would hide their voices.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/14/2015, 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/14/2015, 5:34 pm

"Tib, he and I have both been in the Legion as long as you have. Six years. I just talked to him face to face yesterday. Treating him like I would before this would be avoiding him." She paused for a second, brush and all. "Or I could talk to him while you're around. You'd be the perfect buffer."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/14/2015, 5:40 pm

"Yeah being a buffer always appealed to me," she sarcastically said, before grinning. "You can do that if you want, but gotta warn you. He probably already knows about your crush so if he sees it's developing, he'll set you straight. That's what he did with the others."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/14/2015, 5:45 pm

"Why, Tibia, I've always been straight. That's why I don't have a crush on you." Leandra replied equally sarcastically, a smile coming to her face. She felt better now, less trapped by the impossible crush. At least she would have Tiberia to help her face it, instead of wandering through alone.

She brushed the greave one last time, then held it and the other up. "On a scale of one to zombie, how dead am I going to be for mismatched greaves?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/14/2015, 5:53 pm

She chuckled at Leandra's sarcasm before gazing down at her greaves.

"Hmmm... I'd say you're pretty much on level Pluto, my friend. You have (she looked at her watch) nineteen minutes before troop review. Do you accept your mission?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/14/2015, 5:57 pm

Leandra groaned and nodded, grabbing thee brush and putting some extra effort into it. "Thanks for listening, Tib, I needed someone to tell me I was being stupid. Someone other than myself." The small girl shot another smile at her older friend. She trusted Tibia like an older sister, in many ways she had been one. Not too much older, but just enough to have gone through things before Leandra had. It was one benefit to the small barracks. People became family, even if they had vastly different heritages.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/14/2015, 6:20 pm

"Nothing stupid about crushes. Just... some are hopeless," she said, thinking about Reyna.

Tiberia actually never had a serious crush in her life. She had had a romance with a guy from the first, but it hadn't lasted long. He had quickly annoyed her with his constant texts.

"Ready for wargames after dinner?" she asked Leandra. "We are gonna smite the Second and the Fourth to Tartarus."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/14/2015, 6:31 pm

Leandra grunted, shaking her head. "You know Death all is a medic's least favorite game, right? I'm going to be treating people until 0300 at least. Last time we played Deathball, it was nearly 4." She said, checking the polish of the greave again.

"But I pity the 2nd and 4th's healers more. They ain't gonna have time to breathe."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/14/2015, 7:05 pm

Tiberia grinned, she loved how determined the quiet Leandra could get.

"I'm gonna make sure of that," she said with a wolfish expression.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/16/2015, 12:59 am

"That I'll be working until 3? Or that the 2nd and 4th will cry like kicked puppies tonight?" Leandra said with a laugh, she finished up the greave and compared again. It wasn't quite perfect, but close. "I think I can get these by without ending in a sack full of weasels."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/16/2015, 7:19 am

"Which do you think?"

Tiberia put the sharpening stone away, examining the gleaming blade of her gladius. The edge was razor sharp. Pushing it back into its sheath, she gave Leandra a smile. "Don't worry, Hank's not gonna notice anyway. Wanna go to the baths before troop review?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/17/2015, 12:55 am

Leandra smiled, "Yeah, sounds great. Just a quick one, though, so we aren't late." She said, grabbing all of her gear for the formation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 6:14 pm