A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Double "A"

HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 929
    Registration date : 2015-01-14

Double "A"  Empty Double "A"

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/16/2015, 9:45 am

Aria was walking home from school one late afternoon. The sun was shining bright, making her feel a science of warmth on her skin. Her blonde hair was falling down naturally over her more school related clothing. If she wore the Camp Half Blood T-shirt to a mortal High School, no one would understand what it meant. Instead she was stuck in regular blue jeans with a lose fitting short sleeved gray shirt. As she walked home, her head full of thoughts of homework and the upcoming final exams. Suddenly, she caught a glimpse of movement out of the corner of her eye. It was a girl, appearing to do some kind of strategic moving.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Double "A"  Empty Re: Double "A"

Post by Morgan Landry 1/16/2015, 10:01 am

Aria had been hunting these Cyclopes for a day, and of course they had brought her back to New York. She had spent a lot of time here lately, monsters were attracted to the city like flies to a jar of honey, and now she had been sent on a solo hunt to take them down.

She had killed three already in Chinatown. Four in Brooklyn. And now she was chasing the last ones through the Upper East Side, all her senses sharpened and tuned on her prey. Nymeria growled next to her; fortunately, instead of seeing the huge she-wolf that she was, people mistook her for a nice golden retriever -- as if Nymeria could look anything like a golden retriever.

The daughter of Zeus was running through a web of small, dirty streets as those were where most monsters liked to hang out at. Jumping over garbage cans, she sprinted as fast as she could in these narrow areas. When she was racing throughout open spaces, mountains, meadows, hills, she could run kilometers in minutes, but whenever she was in enclosed spaces, her Hunter speed narrowed down.

Finally she saw one of the Cyclopes. Her bow appeared in her hand and she notched three silver arrows, closing one eye for aim. The arrows hissed through the air like poison darts and hit the Cyclops in the neck, the tips poking out of his throat. He took one last slow step before collapsing on the ground. Aria jumped over his body just before it exploded in a flash of green flames, rolled back on her feet and kept sprinting. Her combat boots were thumping against the ground, her white shirt and urban camouflage trousers moulding her movements like water.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/18/2015, 11:14 pm

Aria watched in awe, now across from the store that Ginger always waited for her at. Coming to her side, Ginger growled. Seeing the bow suddenly appear in the girls hands and this disappear, Aria had no doubt that this girl was a Hunter of Artemis. "Heal, Ginger." The last thing that Aria wanted was a fight with a Huntress, they could have unbelievable training and have very large age ranges. She did not want to interrupt, nor provoke a fight of any kind. The Hunter was taking on Cyclopes, maybe she needed some help.

Aria Started to run, her backpack full of Demi-god supplies and school books banging against her back. She pulled out her sword, charging into the fight with Finger at her side. A Cyclops's tried to grab her from behind, but she quickly turned and chopped his torso in half. The monster turned to golden powder with no hesitation. Aria and Ginger took of following the Hunter.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/19/2015, 8:41 am

Slashing, blazing and running noises came from behind her and Aria glanced over her shoulder. Another girl had taken up the chase with her sword -- obviously a Greek demigod. She had dirty blonde hair and school clothes, and had a husky running next to her.
    Aria focused back on the chase; two cyclopes left. The girl had killed the youngest one, which explained why she had been able to cut through his torso -- cyclopes could be extremely tall.
    Bounding across the streets and over metallic fences, taking brief support on walls to run faster, she didn't give up on her prey. She caught a glimpse of one at a street corner and dashed over, bow and arrows ready. They hissed through the air and sunk into his jaw, neck and skull, crunching through the bone. Then the other one jumped up from behind her and she drew her long hunting knives with a fierce expression. Nymeria growled and bit at his knees, her long fangs digging into the flesh and drawing green monster blood. Don't even wanna know what that tastes like. She jumped at a wall, climbed it up with agility and leaped on his shoulders, her legs over his collarbones, before drawing both edges of her knives across his throat in one fluid X motion. She dropped down the moment he erupted into flames, leaving a bit of golden monster ashes on the ground to be brushed away by the breeze that came from the bay. Aria was sweating, she had monster blood on her hands and arms and monster dust sprinkled across her skin, but she was fine. She thought she had killed them all but her senses acted weirdly, as if she had forgotten ....
    She turned around to look at the girl -- and drew her bow in a heartbeat, letting an arrow fly at the eye of the cyclops that had just come out of the parallel street, right behind the girl. The arrow shaft protruding from his only eyeball, the monster fell backwards and dissolved into flames after a couple of convulsions.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" she asked the girl, lowering her bow. Her black hair, cut by a white streak, was framing her jaw in a choppy, graduated bob, and her cyan eyes looked calm now, compared to their usual sharpness.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 12/26/2016, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/20/2015, 8:25 am

Aria turned around behind her, seeing the arrow sink through the Cyclops's eye. Wow... never realized Hunters were THAT fast. She turned to answer the girl, noticing how she looked. She had that strange silver glow around her body that all Hunters had. Her hair was cut in a strange way, but it was pretty in a strange way. Her eyes looked calm, but seemed as if they could be piercing and intimidating.
    Answering her question, Aria responded: "No, I'm afraid not. It just let out not to long ago. And... I-i didn't have to stay after and study." Stupid stutter! Why did she always have to do that after a battle? Must have to do with the adrenaline. She looked down at her clothes. How in the world had she managed to get that dirty, she would never understand. She had a feeling that her hair looked like crap as well. On the other hand, at least the Huntress did not have the bow notched and aimed at her throat.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/20/2015, 11:06 am

Aria let her bow fade back into thin air, her quiver disappearing from her shoulder blade. The adrenaline rush was receding, leaving behind a sense of exhaustion, but also the high she had after killing her prey. She pulled a Kleenex from her pocket and wiped the viscous green monster blood from her blades.

"You're brave," she said. "Athena's daughter?"
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/20/2015, 11:10 am

Aria nodded. "Yes." A Hunter.. calling her brave. Wow.... Talk about unheard of. Ginger was now sitting at her side, looking at Nymeria. She scratched in between her ears. The large wolf's form shimmering from the state of Golden Retriever to wolf was hurting her head. Stupid mist. "Your um.. dog. She's a wolf, correct?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/20/2015, 11:25 am

"Yes. Meet Nymeria," Aria said then let a smirk grow on her lips. "You might have heard about her under a different name though; the Beast of Gévaudan."

Nymeria was licking her bulky shoulder and Aria realized she had a gash there from fighting off a cyclops. My poor baby. She opened her backpack and drew a small metal box, taking off the lid to reveal a dark yellow paste. Scooping up some of it on her index, she drew it across the wound; the bleeding stopped almost immediately and Nymeria twitched her ears. Thank you, Aria heard her in her thoughts.

The Hunter looked back up at the girl and extended her hand, which was still sprinkled with monster dust. "I'm Aria, daughter of Zeus. Pleased to meet you."
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/20/2015, 1:25 pm

Aria laughed, shaking her hand. "What a coincidence. My name as Aria as well. As stated earlier, Daughter of Athena. Please, feel free to say hello to Ginger. Um.. The Beast of Gévaudan. A man-eating wolf... Is she as dangerous as the legend claims? She cursed herself inside. A child of Athena, always having to know everything. Why ask all of these pointless questions. Hopefully the other Aria did not mind. Wow... Daughter of Zues and a Hunter.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/20/2015, 2:48 pm

"Oh, really? That's a coincidence indeed," Aria said as she realized the same name -- well for her, nickname. Then she grinned when she asked if Nymeria was dangerous.

"For her enemies? Oh, yes, she is very dangerous," Aria grinned. "She isn't the one who ate all these people though. Yes she used to kill humans too, but the main slaughterer was Lycaon. Mortals had started hunting parties for her -- so I saved her."
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/21/2015, 8:00 am

Aria smiled. "That sounds like an interesting story" She did the calculations in her head. The legend stated that the wolf was responiable for animal attacks in the 1700's. That meant that.... Wow... Good god's she's had to have been serving Artemis for almost 300 years... "I got Ginger her from my father, mortal of course. I haven't spoken to him in what seems like forever. Would you like to grab something to eat?" She knew how Hunters were, they travel and they never stop until there mission is complete, there target eliminated.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/21/2015, 8:22 am

"I haven't spoken with my father in a long time either," Aria grinned. "Come along, I know a really good pizza place in Midtown."

Nymeria stood back up and sniffed Ginger as Aria struck up a casual pace, her backpack on one shoulder. Her white shirt and camouflage trousers were slightly dusty but it hardly mattered. Her luminescent skin was casting her in a silvery aura and she passed a hand through her short black streaks, pushing them off her forehead.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/21/2015, 12:24 pm

Aria nodded. With there Ginger and Nymeria sniffing each other, it gave her time to think. "I don't mind if you show me the place, but the tabs on me. You basically saved my life back there with that Cyclops." She cursed herself inside. It sounded like something a five year old would say, not to mention the fact that Hunters were always getting praised and thanked. That had to get on your nerves every once in a while.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/21/2015, 1:12 pm

"Oh, don't worry about the money, I can pay for myself."

They started walking up Park Avenue in the sea of mortals roaming the streets, talking, listening to music, phoning, or just remaining silent. A messenger guy almost hit them but Aria just brushed her shoulder and carried on.

"So, have you always lived here?"
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/21/2015, 1:52 pm

Aria laughed inside. The way the Hunters always managed to steer clear of men was sometimes interesting to watch.

"I used to live down in Thomsanville, Georgia with my mortal father. Lived here every science coming to Camp Half-Blood. It's a definitely a change in scenery. What about yourself?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/21/2015, 2:32 pm

"Well I certainly didn't grow up here. Or in the USA, for that matter," she replied with a chuckle. The sun was bathing them both with heat and summer light, and Aria couldn't help but think about how good a torrent bath would feel right now. "I'm from England -- well, the British Empire, but we call it England now."
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/22/2015, 8:11 am

Aria nodded. She had hear about the British Empire, how large in was, covering most countries. One of the things that she had heard was that the "Sun never set upon it". "Thats interesting. I've always wanted to look into that more, but right now I'm a little hung up about aquaponics," she said with a small laugh. They continued to walk, Ginger and Nymeria on either side of them, the sin feeling good on her skin.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/22/2015, 10:22 am

"Aquaponics?" Aria asked. "For growing plants?"

They had several daughters of Demeter in the Hunt and they often checked agriculture news whenever they had access to the Internet or agriculture related magazines. Aria never had a big interest for that though. Agriculture, crops, wheat, barley... that had never been her thing.

"What else are you into?"
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/22/2015, 10:42 am

"Yes. Its supposed to benefit the plant, speed up the process and other such things by pulling nutrients from the dirt. Aria laughed a little. The Athena trigger had been set of in her brain. "Well.. I'm mostly into the geeky Athena things. My favorite inventors are Emile Berliner and Archimedes. I also like Charles Darwin and his theories. I read a lot.. draw a bit. What about yourself?"

Aria did not feel like boring the girl to death by going into detail about these things.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/22/2015, 11:04 am

"Killing monsters, running across the States, whitewater rafting, canyoning, skiing, snowboarding, climbing... Whatever outdoor sports we do in the Hunt," Aria smirked. "I like drawing too. I have a lot of drawings, they kind of pile up after the centuries."

They reached the pizza place a couple of minutes later and sat down on the street front, under the awning. They had to wait a bit before a waiter brought them the menu and Aria skimmed through it. "I'll take a Sicilian," she told him.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/22/2015, 11:14 am

Aria did the same thing with her menu. "A pepperoni pizza please?" She looked back at Aria after the waiter was gone. "That sounds so exciting, the water rafting and all. I bet the drawing do pile up. What is your favorite thing to draw?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/22/2015, 11:21 am

"The people I used to know," she simply replied. "And landscapes. We see a lot of breathtaking ones, I can assure you."

With her pizza, she took a glass of lemonade, which was served with fresh wedges of green and yellow lime.

"I think I've seen you at Camp Half-Blood the last times I've been there. How long have you been going?"
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/26/2015, 7:52 am

Taking a sip of her tea, she shrugged her shoulders.

"Cool. I've been going to Camp Half-Blood for about... six years now, actually."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/26/2015, 8:07 am

Aria didn't really like the way she said, Cool. Was it in relation to the landscapes, to her dead loved ones or to her seeing her in Camp half-Blood? Nevertheless, she took a sip of her lemonade.

"Six years, that's pretty nice time," she said as their pizza arrived. "Don't you ever grow tired of it?"
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 1/26/2015, 10:01 am

Looking at the pizza, she shrugged once again. Why did she do that so often?

"It does get tiring after a while. The same pattern of activities each day, the normal geeky conversations with my siblings. What about you. Does being a hunter ever get boring?

She bit into her pizza, the cheese and sauce gushing into her mouth. Absolutely delicious.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/11/2024, 4:46 am